• Published 1st Jan 2019
  • 864 Views, 27 Comments

A Complete History of the Kingdom of Equestria - Book_Wyrm



A complex and fairly complete history of Equestria from before the founding to present day, from a historians eyes.

  • ...
1
 27
 864

The Era of Harmony and Afterword

The Era of Harmony

Finally, it is time to explore the most recent development of the history of ponykind. The Era of Harmony is the most recent era of Equestrian history. It was marked by the return of Princess Luna and the union of the Main Six, the Heroes of Equestria. These heroes, the bearers of the Elements of Harmony returned back to Ponyville.

Twilight Sparkle, the bearer of the Element of Magic, settled into the Library of Ponyville, to continue studying Friendship and to help defend Equestria from threats. Her first challenge came soon after. A dragon, choosing to sleep on top of a mountain, threatened to cover Equestria in smoke. However, Twilight and the other Bearers climbed the mountain and convinced the dragon to leave Equestria.

The Element Bearers also were key in revealing the nefarious conspiracy against the Equestrian Crown and kingdom by Chrysalis, Queen of a hitherto unnoticed species called the changelings. She, using shapeshifting magic that all her species contained, replaced Princess Mi Amore Cadenza soon after the Princess’ engagement to the Captain of the Guard at the time, Shining Armor of house Sparkle, in 1036 EE. Chrysalis conditioned Shining Armors mind while stealing his love, the main source of sustenance for changelings. Only Twilight Sparkle, the Element Bearer, suspected her, and eventually revealed her deception with by rescuing the real Princess MI Amore Cadenza. Then, ponies and changelings fought the Battle of Canterlot. The Equestrians, with the power of the love of Shining Armor and Mia Amore Cadenza, prevailed, driving the changelings from the city.

Then took place the first royal wedding in over nine hundred years. Princess Mi Amore Cadenza married Lord Shining Armor. And with that union came about many things. About the same time, the Royal Guard began hunting out changeling infiltrators.

It was revealed later by the Equestrian Crown that Princess Celestia had in fact battled the kingdoms before, when nearly eight hundred years ago they had besieged the city of Trot. However, she had admitted that the Royal Crown had not considered them a major threat to the kingdom up until that point.

It turned out that changelings have been a part of pony society since soon after the founding of Equestria. Their history is as old as pony history, and they had been taking small amounts of love from ponies for centuries, safely and undetected. In fact, some changelings had lived peacefully among ponies prior to Chrysalis’ attack. These changelings, few as they were, came to the Crown during the new changeling hunts, revealed themselves, and were given permission to stay among pony society, undisguised. They were usually treated with suspicion, fear, and prejudice, something that seems to be commonly seen in history.

Soon after the wedding, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza and Prince Shining Armor were sent by Princess Celestia to oversee and protect the newly returned Crystal Empire. The Crystal Heart had been captured and hidden by King Sombra before his defeat, so the Princess was forced to protect the Empire under her own power. Soon after, the Element Bearers joined her. They assisted in hosting the first Crystal Faire in over one thousand years.

Twilight Sparkle and her dragon assistant Spike located the Crystal Heart after King Sombra, also returned, attacked. Spike delivered the Heart to Princess Mi Amore. She used its power to defeat King Sombra, and Spike was hailed as a hero of the Crystal Empire.

Princess Mi Amore Cadenza was hailed as the Crystal Queen, in the old Crystal Imperial style. She and Shining Armor were tasked with ruling the newly returned Empire. Its light and hope shone out across Equestria, further cementing the prevailing culture of harmony.

In the following of a trail of important events, about six months after the Crystal Empire’s return, soon before the summer solstice, it was announced that Twilight Sparkle, bearer of the Element of Magic, personal protégée of Princess Celestia, and sister of Prince Shining Armor, had become an alicorn, and was coronated as a Princess of Equestria soon after. The details of her ascension were never announced, but many speculate that she gained some form of true understanding that allowed her rise.

Though far out the reaches of Equestria did not receive the news for some time, the coronation of a new Princess, one who resided in a small town rather than in the capitol, shook the kingdom. There was some unrest, but the feelings of harmony prevailed against any dissent.

Princess Twilight Sparkle continued to live in the town of Ponyville, where a good deal of events of the past few years had occurred and will continue to occur. The town’s importance grew, and perhaps will continue to grow, for who knows what is coming for Equestria in the Age of Harmony.

Afterword

This has been quite the little adventure, this little recapitulation of Equestrian history. Personally, I hope it has proved informative. The journey certainly has been for me, and I hope it will continue into other pieces of the history of this world. With so much lore collected over time, so many tidbits and nibbles into the deeper stories, it is impossible to keep away.

Within this history, I attempted many things. I tried to analyze some of our history, so that ponies may understand where we come from, who we are, and what we have learned. History is the key to our past, and our past is the key to our future. We must embrace it, every part of it, and learn from what it has to teach us, so that we do not repeat our mistakes.

I have at least attempted to touch upon what so many have not, the history of other species and their roles in pony history. Many like to believe that ponies are superior, that other species have little role in the history of Equestria, but to ignore such thing makes our knowledge incomplete. All the species surrounding Equestria have played definitive and essential parts in our history, and only by knowing about these parts, about the histories and interactions of those around us, can we truly know our own past, and its true meaning.

I also attempted to show some of the fundamental pieces of pony society, both good and bad. Things we should hold onto, and things we should try to change. After all, we certainly are not perfect.

-Inkblot Libri

Author's Note:

And here we go, the final chapter of this history. It is short, but hopefully entertaining. I hope you have enjoyed, and I hope this has given you some food for thought.

History is very important. It shows who we were then, and that in turn shapes who we are now. It teaches us about our strengths and weaknesses, our mistakes and our successes. It shows the best of our species, and the worst. If properly taught, looking at all angles history can keep us from making the same mistakes over and over again. It can reveal things we never knew. It shows us ourselves.

Comments ( 3 )

This was a fascinating historical dive into the lore of the show. Well done!

Login or register to comment