• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 2,483 Views, 35 Comments

Tears of a princess - lightningflare1



Luna is about to lose everything she holds dear to her by the death of a single pony. The aftermath of this pony's death will change Equestria forever... for better or for worst.

  • ...
10
 35
 2,483

Chapter 11

Tears of a Princess

A year passed since the downfall of Moneybags. Twilight and Luna resumed their normal routine, spending half of the year in Canterlot and the other half in Ponyville. Carrying out their royal duties and handling any new threats that would arise. Twilight sighed as she leaned against the window frame of the train. She was returning from her latest friendship problem with Fluttershy.

A year already.... it still feels like it was yesterday. Twilight thought to herself.

"Twilight," a shy voice called out. Twilight looked back and smiled at the yellow Pegasus. "How are things with you and Luna?"

"Just great. We both returned to our normal routine. I mean.... not everything is back to how it used to be." Twilight said sighing slightly, before placing back a smile on her face.

"You’re talking about Flash, right?" Fluttershy asked. Twilight gave a nod of the head in response. "He sure was a great stallion. I do hope his mother is alright?"

"Don’t worry about Misty. She’s doing fine now. Misty is apart of our lives now. We make sure to invite her for every holiday, so she isn’t alone. And we spend a lot of time with her as well." Twilight spoke with fond memories returning.

"Flash would be so happy to hear that. He’s probably grateful towards you for taking such good care of his mother." Fluttershy said.

"I know he is," Twilight said wrapping a wing around her. "But how are things with you and Discord?"

Fluttershy quickly turned her head away from Twilight. Her hair hiding her very bright cheeks. Fluttershy and Discord had just recently started dating. And the Pegasus was still shy about the topic.

"Come on. I want to know how Discord is around you? He’s sure his typical chaotic self around everypony else." Twilight playfully teased, giving a nudge to Fluttershy side.

"Just fine...." Fluttershy whispered in a very soft tone, making Twilight lean closer to hear her better. "Discord is very nice.... hmm...."

Twilight let out a laugh, as she gave Fluttershy a quick hug. "I’m glad you’ve found somepony, Fluttershy. Rainbow and Soarin are doing great together. Rarity and Applejack too. And Pinkie and Cheese? Those two throw the best parties together." Twilight said smiling. She was so glad her friends, we're starting to find their very own special some ponies. But what surprised her the most was Applejack and Rarity. They were both complete opposite from each other. One is a farm pony and the other a fashionista, both dislike the other’s lifestyle and yet they found love.

"Me too, Twilight," Fluttershy replied smiling back at her.

Twilight sighed when she felt something in the back of her throat. She placed her hoof in front of her mouth, hoping whatever it was would pass by.

"Twilight? Are you alright?" Fluttershy asked with a concerned tone.

"Hm…." Twilight cleared her voice slightly. She lowered her hoof and nodded, "I’ll be fine…. It must be something I ate."

"Are you sure? I can get you some water, or maybe some ginger ale if you want?" she said seeing Twilight place her hoof back over her mouth. "I can ask if there’s a nurse or a doctor on the train."

"Its…. Alright…. I’ll be-!" Twilight couldn’t hold it in any longer. She quickly ran out of her seat and straight to the bathroom. Fluttershy gasp with the yellow Pegasus following suit.


"Here you go, princess," the conductor said, as he placed down a cup of water next to the sick mare. "I can ask for a doctor once we arrive in Ponyville?"

Twilight took the water with her magic before taking a sip. She shifted slightly in her seat, "No… no its alright. It must be something I ate earlier." Twilight replied, not wanting to bother so many ponies for something so small.

"Twilight, maybe you should see a doctor." Fluttershy said placing a hoof on top of Twilight’s, "You should get yourself check just to be certain."

"Fluttershy, It's probably a bug or something. I’m sure after some time I’ll be fine." Twilight insisted. She looked around and didn’t like having so many ponies’ eyes on her.

"Princess Twilight," the conductor said smiling at her, "Please allow me to call for a doctor. It would put my mind to ease."

Twilight let out a large sigh, "Alright…. go ahead…." she said in defeat.

"Thank you, princess." The conductor said giving a bow of his head, "Would like for me to inform Princess Luna about this?"

"No, no, it's alright. I don’t want to worry about something so minor," Twilight quickly responded with a nervous smile. "There is no need to alert Princess Luna about this."

"Of course, princess." The conductor said. He gave another bow of his head before leaving.

Fluttershy waited for the conductor to leave before she spoke, "Are you sure, Twilight? Why don’t you want Luna to know about this? What if its something serious?"

"Right now, it's just the stomach flu, and nothing else. I’m not going to worry Luna about every small thing that happens." Twilight said as she took the last sip of her water. "Its probably nothing."


"Princess Twilight, I believe you’re with foal." The doctor said. He removed his stethoscope from his ears, before placing it back inside of his bag.

"Uh…. excuse me?" Twilight asked in utter shock. She couldn’t believe her ears. Did she seriously hear the doctor correctly, or did she go crazy and will forever be known as ‘the crazy princess of Equestria’?

"You’re with foal. I would estimate…. Around…." the doctor said quickly doing the calculations in his head, "2 or 3 weeks pregnant. Congratulations, Princess Twilight. Have a good day."

Twilight still had her shocked expression, even as the doctor tipped his hat towards her and left. "Uh…. Twilight…. Are you alright?" Fluttershy said, gently tapping Twilight’s shoulder.

"I… uh…. Now I wish it was a bug," Twilight mumbled.


Twilight stood in front of the castle’s doors. She couldn’t believe it, she was pregnant again…. A year after everything has occurred. Maybe it was too soon? Luna and Twilight had talked about trying for another foal, but they hadn’t expected this so soon after the death of their first foal.

Is Luna even going to be happy about this? Its so soon…. I don’t think I’m even ready for this. Twilight sighed deeply and loudly. She mustered up the strength to open the doors. "Luna," Twilight said walking inside of the castle. She placed her saddle against a chair and walked around the castle.

"Love," Luna smiled walking towards her wife, "You’re back."

Twilight smiled slightly, her minding wondering off as she felt Luna embrace her. "How was your friendship trip or mission?" Luna asked.

"A little bit of feuding between two families. I thought I could solve this, but I didn’t expect a couple of animals to have the answer. Either way, those families have made up and are now working together." Twilight said, feeling a kiss being stolen from her lips. "What about you?" she asked once they had parted.

"Boring royal work, nothing new. How was the train ride?" Luna said. Twilight looked away from her. She wasn’t sure how to tell Luna they were expecting a foal. Half of her mind was thinking on how to tell Luna, while the other half thinking about every worst outcome. "Twilight? What’s bothering you?" Luna worriedly asked.

"I got sick on the train, and the conductor called for a doctor." Twilight began to explain, seeing Luna’s worried expression grow. "He said it wasn’t a bug. He told me…. I was pregnant."

A long silence filled the castle. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop on the other side of the room. Twilight and Luna stared at each other for what seems to be an eternity. Neither one knew what to say.

"Luna…," Twilight spoke, finally breaking the silence between them. She took a deep breath before she continued, "I understand this is…. much earlier than planned, and I’m not too sure how I should feel about this."

"A foal? We’re going to have another foal?" Luna asked once more. Twilight sighed and nodded in response, "Maybe this was meant to happen, love."

"How so?" Twilight asked

"It's much sooner than planned, yes, but we shouldn’t see this… miracle as a bad thing. Maybe we were meant to have a foal at this time for a reason." Luna said smiling at her wife.

"I think you’re overthinking this, Luna," Twilight replied sitting down.

Luna chuckled slightly, "I believe your right. I’m happy about this Twilight." Luna said pulling her wife into a hug, "Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled about this. It's unexpected and sudden, yes, but I’m still happy about it. Are you?"

"Well…. I’m not too sure really." Twilight replied sighing deeply, nuzzling against Luna’s coat. "Its only been a year since our…. the first foal died. Isn’t this a bit soon?"

"A little…. I’ll admit it. But I know together we can get through this." Luna said as she gently placed her head on top of Twilight’.

Twilight smiled with her hooves wrapping around Luna’s midsection. She nuzzled some more against her wife’s coat, enjoying the sweet perfume Luna was wearing. "I have a question for you."

"What is it, love?" the lunar princess asked

"Do you think the foal will be an alicorn like Flurry?" Twilight asked looking up at her moon princess.

"Uh…. Hm? I’m not too sure, actually." Luna said taking a moment to think, "Flurry Heart is the only born alicorn. We can go by statistics…. or theories this…. hm."

"If the foal is a colt. He would be the first male alicorn, right?" Twilight asked placing her hoof under her chin, "Uh…. That would be something remarkable."

"Oh, I haven’t thought about that! Yes, love! You do have a point! It would be the first male alicorn." Luna said smiling, "This is exciting!"

"We have to research this!" Twilight said quickly getting back on her hooves and heading straight to the library.

"Let me help you, love," Luna said


Luna nervously paced around the waiting room. She was annoyed the doctors wouldn’t allow her to be with her wife. She didn’t see the harm! It’s not like, the Lunar princess was going to deliver the foal herself. She just wanted to be there with her wife.

"Luna, I’m sure everything is going well," Celestia said with her head following her sister’s pacing.

"Why wouldn’t they allow me to go with her?! Are they worried, I was going to deliver the foal myself?! No! I’m the princess of the night! Not the princess of doctors." Luna ranted with her pacing taking up speed.

"Luna, just calm down. If anything goes wrong. She’s in fine and capable hooves." Celestia reassured, or at least attempted to.

"I've been working on that healing spell! And I'm perfectly capable of performing it. If anything happens to Twilight because they wouldn’t allow me to be with her! I'm sending them to the moon!" Luna growled with her eyes narrowing.

"Uh.... well, let’s hope that doesn’t happen, dear sister." Celestia replied with a nervous chuckle, "for their sake."

"Princess Luna," the two sisters looked back, seeing Heart standing in the doorway. "Everything went well. Princess Twilight did a fantastic job and is now resting now. congratulations you have a colt." Heart said smiling at her.

"Is it.... an alicorn?" Celestia asked

Heart shook his head before he replied, "Just a unicorn, Princess. An ordinary unicorn foal."

"He will Probably have strong magical abilities in the future. Maybe the same magical abilities as an alicorn.... hm....." Celestia mumbles to herself.

"Can I see them?" She asked smiling at her sister.

"Of course, you can." Heart said.

"I’m an aunt!" Celestia cheered hugging her sister quickly, "I can’t believe it! I’m an aunty!"

The younger sister chuckled softly before she followed Heart. Luna walked inside of the room. A smile grew on the princess’s face, at the sight of her wife and the small bundle in her hooves. Twilight softly nuzzled the foal, earning a giggle from it.

"Love, he’s so beautiful," Luna said sitting down next to Twilight's bedside. She leaned closer and smile at her son. His coat is a gentle melrose, with his moderate purple eyes. His mane is a dark navy-blue mane, with a royal blue streak across it. The Lunar princess stared in disbelief; the streak sparkled like the stars, almost like her own natural flowing mane.

"Look at his streak, love," Luna said pointing to the little tuff of mane.

"It’s like your mane. A night sky full of stars, shining down on ponies. A beautiful night skies." Twilight said hugging her moon princess.

Luna smiled at the comment. She gave Twilight a kiss on the cheek, "His tail must be the same. How odd. And only a small section of his mane is like this, and not his entire thing." Luna mumbled placing a hoof under her chin.

"I have to study his mane later," Twilight teased. The Lunar princess smile and laugh.

"I’m sure our son won’t mind," she said. "I’m surprised my eternal mane found itself on him."

"Makes him unique," Twilight said as she gave her wife a quick nuzzle. "Ponies will know, who his parents are. Aside from being the prince of the night."

Both mares shared a quick laugh with their newborn colt, simply staring in confusion.

"I thought he would be born as an alicorn, like Flurry Heart," Twilight said

"Me too... maybe it’s only a female occurrence," Luna said smiling as the colt suck on her hoof.

"I will have to study this as well," Twilight said.

"So, what should we name him? Uh.... any ideas?" Luna asked as she gently placed her hoof against the colt’s chest.

Twilight gave a small nod of her head. She had the perfect name for him, "We should call him, Nova."

"Nova.... perfect, it suits him very well," Luna said as she gently strokes the colt’s mane.

"Wait... I’m not finished just yet. I want to add something else to his name." Twilight said with tears starting to form. She wouldn’t have all of this if it weren’t for a certain stallion.

Luna smile knowing what her wife was planning to do. "Go ahead, Twilight. What shall be his full name?"

"Nova Sentry," Twilight whispered. She brought the newborn colt to her chest, and gently hug him. She placed her head on top of his, "To honour Flash."

"Nova Sentry, it is," Luna said as she wraps a wing around her new family. "Get ready to meet your crazy family, Nova."

Author's Note:

Follow the adventures of Nova Sentry! The troublemaker prince's story can be found here!

Comments ( 1 )

Eh I'm not gonna read canceled stories, and if the story is not mainly about Twilight or Luna than I probably wouldn't read it anyways.


Anyways, the story is great just like the last one, a good work. I actually regret not reading both stories sooner, you should really change the description.... Your probably losing views because of it, from all 3 stories.

Login or register to comment