• Published 26th Nov 2018
  • 2,484 Views, 35 Comments

Tears of a princess - lightningflare1



Luna is about to lose everything she holds dear to her by the death of a single pony. The aftermath of this pony's death will change Equestria forever... for better or for worst.

  • ...
10
 35
 2,484

Chapter 4

Tears of a Princess

Several months have passed, and many things have happened in such a short time. Luna and Twilight were still trying to have a foal but found the task a bit hard with their royal duties, spending time with each other, and handling any sudden events that would appear out of nowhere. But in the end, having a foal didn’t seem to be in their future. The two princesses are trying everything they could think of; they were timing their sex life around Twilight’s heat cycle, diets, weird rituals, and some medications but still nothing. Twilight was suspecting it was either her or the spell.

Twilight sighed deeply with her mind going through their problems. She wasn’t even paying attention to the conversation her friends were having, as they ate their get together lunch at the castle. The seven mares were alone this afternoon, Luna had to head back to Canterlot to be present at a royal summit. One thing she was thankful for, the princess of friendship didn’t too often have to attend such events. Maybe such a spell wasn’t meant for reproduction? A male feature created with magic and not organically? But it does functions as a normal stallion’s sexual organ.... maybe it’s me then? Maybe my own sexual organ can’t bear foals? I should probably go see another doctor about this.

"Twilight" the purple mare snap back to reality. She looked up and saw her friends all staring at her, well almost all. Pinkie was busy getting herself another plate of food; Luna had prepared for them, and Twilight meals while she was gone. Twilight had insisted she would be fine and could cook her own meals, but her wife is a very stubborn mare.

"Are you alright, Twilight? You seem lost in thought lately" Starlight said giving a quick glance to the other mares.

"Are you and Luna still trying to have a foal?" Applejack asked. Twilight nodded in response, she had naturally told her friends and family about this. The last thing she wanted was to break her promise to them. Twilight was lucky to have such caring friends and family, all of them were excited for Luna and her. They gave many suggestions to help their dilemma, a few of those suggestions were…. Odd to say, but some seem it could work.

"Yeah but nothing working yet," Twilight explained with a sigh.

"Didn’t you go see a doctor last week?" Rainbow asked with the rest of their friends nodding in agreement.

"Yeah, I did. He was surprised at first, you know with the idea of two mares having a foal naturally? But he quickly looked at us as a normal couple having troubles. He gave me these new medications to help.... you know..." a bright blush appeared on Twilight’s cheeks. She loved her friends but wasn’t comfortable enough to talk about her sex life with them. It was a private moment between Luna and her, and she didn’t want ponies to know every single detail. Luckily, Luna shared the same feelings about it. She was pretty sure all Equestria didn’t need to know, how she likes to bite down on her lover’s neck as she came. Or how Twilight likes to tug Luna’s mane….

"Is the new medication working at all?" Starlight asked

"Uh.... well, I took some awhile back…. And…. we did.... you know…." Twilight replied feeling her cheeks turning even redder.

"Twilight! Is there a cake in the oven?!” Pinkie shouted bouncing around the table, “Cakes are super duper delicious! But of course, real cakes are wayyyy better! You shouldn’t eat a foal of course, but why do ponies even use that expression?! Foals aren't cake, silly! You can’t eat foals! They shouldn’t say a cake in the oven when talking about foals!"

"Uh.... it might be too soon to tell, Pinkie," Applejack said pulling her cider closer, "Depending on when Twilight and Luna.... did it in the sheets. You might not be able to tell just yet."

Twilight groan softly and covered her red face with her hooves, slowly sinking below the table. "Okay.... time to change the subject......"

"Yes, I agree! We didn’t come here to talk about foals or Twilight’s sex life! We are here to enjoy a nice lunch," Rainbow said brushing her hoof through her mane.

"Where is Luna? Oh! And Spike as well?" Fluttershy asked

"Canterlot for a summit. She’ll be back in two days" Twilight said feeling her blush going down. "She wasn’t too happy about it"

"Do tell us why darling" Rarity said, always eager to learn the latest gossip and drama in Canterlot.

"It’s a summit with the gryphons and changelings. They’ve been fighting lately, Celestia and Luna are trying to calm things down before it escalates." Twilight explained as she took a sip of her cider.

"Strange you’re not there, Twilight. You are the princess of friendship. This seems to be a friendship problem between the gryphons and changelings" Starlight said.

"For now, it’s only Celestia and Luna at the summit. But if they need me to be there, they’ll let me know." Twilight replies smiling at her friends.

"And what about Spike? Where has he gone too?" Rarity asked looking around for her little helper.

"Went to see Ember in the dragonlands. He is the ambassador for Equestria after all." Twilight finished placing her cup down.

"So, you’re all alone? That sounds lonely, Twilight" Fluttershy said moving her plate to the side.

"It’s alright girls. This isn’t the first time I’m all alone, and besides….. I have the lunar guards to keep me company." Twilight said with her hoof motioning to the bat pony near the door.

"Darling, I thought you didn’t want any guardpony or servants inside of the castle?" Rarity said glancing over the at the bat pony as well, "And don’t they usually sleep during the day?"

"Hm? Oh, no that’s just a stereotype. They prefer the night, yes, but bat ponies will go outside during the day as any other pony would." Twilight explained, noticing a smile on the guardpony’s muzzle, "And they usually sleep whenever they choose too. It's not really restricted to day or night…. It’s a lot like Luna. She sleeps a little bit during the day and night. I’m assuming the bat ponies follow the same sleep cycle."

"Bat ponies are surely fascinating," Starlight said taking a moment to think through what Twilight had said.


Three days have passed with a purple mare sighing deeply, as she lay on her bed staring at the twilight sky. The sun was about to be raised any minute now, Luna hadn’t returned from Canterlot last night. The princess of friendship wasn’t worried about her wife, she suspected the summit wasn’t going well and Luna was forced to stay even longer, but she wished her wife was here beside her.

"Three days…." Twilight whispered standing up from the bed, "Maybe we’ll return tomorrow night."

"Twilight! I’m home!" Spike shouted entering Twilight’s bedroom, "I'm so glad to be back! I learned so much about dragons from Ember!"

"Spike," Twilight smiled giving the baby, excuse me, the teen dragon a hug even though Spike was slightly taller from his previous height. "I’m so glad your back and that you learned so much about being a dragon. You have to tell me all about it!"

"Alright! Once I arrived there, I was greeted by Ember who was busy challenging other dragons!" Spike said expressing himself in movements, waving his arms as he spoke about the dragon racing, he saw, flapping his wings as he spoke about the new flying lessons, and remembering all of the delicious gems he tasted.

Twilight smiled at her number one assistant, she was very proud of him as he spoke of his adventures. She soon felt sick to her stomach, she tried to ignore it and focus on Spike’s stories but when a sudden urge to vomit came up. Twilight bolted to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her as she pukes into the toilet.

"Twilight?!" Spike quickly ran to the bathroom door and knock against it, "Twilight! Are you alright?!"

"Ugh… Spike… can you get me some water?" Twilight said through the door.

"Sure thing! Hold on," Spike shouted running out of the room.

What's going on with me….? Twilight thought groaning flushing the toilet with her hoof. She went to the sink and rinse out her mouth, "What in Celestia’s name…. I've never been sick in the morning like this…."

Twilight took a deep breath and tried to compose herself, she did feel better after throwing up. She opened the bathroom cabinet to take some medication for nausea when she noticed a pregnancy test. Luna had bought it over a month ago, but Twilight doubt they would be able to use it before it expires, right? Wait…. There…. No way…. there no way!


"Twilight! Luna called you to Canterlot right away. They need your help with the summit with the gryphons and changelings! It's quite urgent." Spike shouted from the other side of the door.

"Uh…. Yeah…. I’ll be there Spike…. Just give me a moment…." Twilight called out as she sat on top of the closed toilet seat. "Just need a moment…." Twilight said. She placed the pregnancy test down on the counter with her magic, her eyes slowly looking away from the positive plus sign. I…. I’m…. pregnant….


Twilight entered the castle and made her way to the throne room. She stopped herself, shy from massive doors ahead of her. I…. I can't believe that spell worked…. am I really…? Pregnant? Twilight thought as she placed her hoof on her stomach.

"Love," Luna called out trotting towards her wife, "Dear stars, I've missed you so much."

"Luna," Twilight said smiling with her hooves embracing her wife’s neck, "I’ve missed you too."

"I'm glad you’re here, love. The gryphons and changelings are having trouble…. Getting alone." Luna said waving her hoof slightly, "I hope the princess of friendship could help."

"I’ll do my best," Twilight replied smiling at her with her eyes glancing at her stomach, "And…. I have to tell you something."

"What is it, love?" Luna asked placing a wing around her wife.

"The sp-" Twilight was abruptly interrupted when Raven ran out of the throne room. She gasps quickly dodging a flying book as it nearly struck her head. The unicorn mare’s eyes quickly looked on Twilight and Luna before running over.

"Princess Luna! Oh! Princess Twilight! Thank Celestia you’re here! The talks have…. Uhm…. gone slightly…. turbulent." Raven said nervously smiling at the two when another book struck her head. She yelps and tumbles against Luna, "We…. Ow…. Could really use your help…."

"Oh dear…." Luna sighed in annoyance, "Can it wait, love?"

"Of course, it can." Twilight replied kissing her wife on the cheek, "Now let's go. It seems Celestia is about to lose her composure."

Luna laughs looking back inside the throne room. There was Celestia, stuck in between Pharynx and the leader of the gryphons. They were yelling at each other at the top of their lungs with Thorax trying to calm down his brother.

"THE CHANGELING ARMY WILL DESTROY YOU!" Pharynx shouted slamming his hooves against the marble floor.

"What?! No, no, no, no! We can't afford a war! Pharynx!" Thorax shouted

"Now, now, everyone please calm down….no need to declare war." Celestia nervously said with her hooves gently moving up and down, in attempts to calm them all down.

"Everyone!" Luna shouted before she entered the throne room with Raven in toe.

This is going to be a long day, Twilight thought to sigh deeply. She sighed and quickly placed a smile on her face before entering the throne room as well.


Luna let out a yawn, finally relieved this long summit had ended. She hated this part of being a princess, handling nobles and resolving conflicts with other species outside of Equestria. She had to admit all their efforts, had lead to strong allies but it was still tiring none the less. The younger sister knocks on Celestia’s door. She waited a few seconds before entering the room, seeing her sister on one of her cushions with a book in front of her.

"Sister, you wish to see me?" Luna asked gracefully sitting down next to her sister. She leaned over and nuzzled her sister’s coat before getting herself in a more comfortable position.

"Yes," Celestia said with a sigh, her horn lit up as she brought over a scroll and placed it down in front of her sister. "I wanted to wait after the summit to tell you this…. And I apologize for what I have done, sister."

"What are you talking about, Tia?" Luna asked taking the scroll in her magic. She unrolled it and started to read the report from Canterlot prison.

"I kept this report a secret until now……" Celestia said with her gaze staring down at her hooves. She was ashamed of herself. She had kept the report of Moneybags’ escape for months now, hoping she could catch him without worrying Twilight or Luna about it. She couldn’t protect her sister from turning into Nightmare Moon, but she had hoped to protect her sister and wife from this threat without the need of concerning them about it. But clearly, she had failed miserably, "Moneybags escape his cell during an unexpected explosion…. over…. eleven months ago."

"Ele-" Luna couldn’t form a single word. She was too much in shock from the report and from what Celestia had told her. Eleven months?! Eleven months, Moneybags was out there as a free money?! Luna had no idea what that stallion could do! To her! To Twilight?!

"Luna, I did what I did…. Because I wanted to protect you and Twilight. I foolishly thought…. I could catch Moneybags without the need to inform you. I didn’t want to worry you after what you have been through with Tirek." Celestia shamefully explained, keeping her eyes locked on her white hooves.

"YOU ENDANGERED US!" Luna shouted using the Royal Canterlot voice at full strength, quickly standing over the other pony. "CELESTIA! THAT STALLION HATES FILLYFOOLERS! WE CAUSED HIS DOWNFALL! PONIES LIKE HIM WILL SEEK OUT VENGENCE!"

The solar princess didn’t say a single word, bearing the full attack of her sister’s wrath, she deserved it. She felt tears overflowing and softly drip onto her hoof. "I'm so sorry, Luna…. I wanted to protect you like the big sister is supposed to do…. something I didn’t do before…."

Luna’s eyes glared down at Celestia who was softly crying in front of her. The younger sister let out a loud groan in annoyance, as she settles down back with her. "Where is he…."

"I’ve assigned every guard to search for him…. But I can't find him…. He could be anywhere…." Celestia softly replied through her tears.

"Then we must find him! He could be anywhere!" Luna said quickly getting back on her hooves, "I must warn Twilight about this!"

"Luna…," Celestia said as she finally mustered up the courage to look into her sister’s eyes.

Luna didn’t look back or react to her name being called. She closed her eyes, her magic clenching down hard on the doorknob. She felt her body shake in anger from being so betrayed like this…. betrayed by her own sister.... like before. "We shall talk about your betrayal…. Once I've dealt with Moneybags…. before he gets the chance to hurt me or Twilight."

"Yes…." Celestia whispered as she watched her sister run out of her chambers. She clenched down on her teeth as more tears started to overflow. The regal princess of the sun, broke down in tears, covering her face with her hooves without even noticing the crushed doorknob, Luna had left behind.


Twilight walked alone through one of the many castle corridors, she was exhausted after such a long summit. She knew gryphons were stubborn creatures and always wanted their way, but she never expected Pharynx to be there along with Thorax. Every time the gryphons would suggest anything, Pharynx would immediately reject it. Only to cause more tension to raise between the two species, Twilight was worried she might have to use her magic on them. But luckily both parties came to an agreement and returned home.

"What a day…." Twilight mumble with a deep sigh, "Why did Thorax bring his brother? I understand Pharynx is second in command…. But I’m pretty sure Thorax could have handled this on his own." The princess of friendship sat down in front of a window, and stared out at the night sky, losing herself staring at the stars. I didn’t even get the chance to tell Luna…., Twilight thought with her hoof subconsciously going to her stomach.

Crescent quietly walking up from behind with Moneybags right behind him, this is our chance… the first step in my plan. Money smiled and levitated the anti-magic ring closer. He glances at Crescent who gave him a quick nod of the head.

Twilight closed her eyes with a small smile appearing on her muzzle, as she started to imagine their future with their foal. She laughs softly wondering how Luna felt about diaper changing, she smiled when she felt something being placed on her horn.

"Who’s the-?!" Twilight felt a magic pulling her to the ground, she tried to scream to gain any nearby guardpony’s attention. Her eyes widen in horror as Crescent stuff a cloth into her mouth.

"We wouldn’t want you to alert those guards, princess," Crescent whispered leaning closer to Twilight’s ear, "We’ve considered killing Luna but hurting you…. is much more satisfying than seeing her dead."

Who is this! Oh no! Is he one of the ex-nobles?! I…. I must stop him! Twilight closed her eyes as she tried to channel magic through her horn. Her eyes quickly snapped back open realizing nothing was happening.

"Here’s a little ring of my own…. Princess," Money said leaning closer to Twilight, "Something from Canterlot prison. This little ring is called an anti-magic ring, prevents all magical flow through a unicorn horn."

Moneybags? But…. How? Isn't he supposes to be in prison?! Twilight struggle to free herself, she tried to muster up all her earth pony magic to push Crescent off from her. She couldn’t allow herself being taken down by these two unicorns!

"We’ve spent months planning this," Crescent said with his horn lighting up, "A special spell to block all Pegasus and earth pony magic."

Twilight shouted only for it to be muffled as she felt all the magic in her body being blocked. She was helpless! She didn’t have the strength to push off a full-grown stallion, she couldn’t defend herself, she couldn’t even scream for help.

"Do it! Before anypony can walk in on us," Money whispered quickly glancing around the empty corridor.

"I’ve always wanted to kill a princess…." Crescent whispered into Twilight’s ear as he plunged a blade through Twilight’s stomach. Twilight shouted in pain only to have the cloth being pushed down her throat; Moneybags looked down and smiled as he covered her mouth with his hoof as well.

"Sweet! Sweet! Flesh! Being cut through by a blade!" Crescent whispered over and over with the blade stabbing the poor mare’s body, with the moonlight being covered by a large cloud, darkening the entire castle. Twilight shouted in pain as she felt the blade cut through her body repeatedly. The cold blade going deep inside of her.

"Twilight!" Luna shouted running down the corridor only able to see three strange shadows, "Twilight? Is that you?"

"Let's go, brother!" Moneybags whispered quickly teleporting them to safety.

"Love? Where are you! I must warn you! Moneybags is out and he mi-" Luna walked over to the window, seeing a pony lying on the ground, motionless. "Twilight…," Luna said softly. Her eyes noticing the moonlight returning with the cloud being pushed away by a gust of wind.

"Lu…." Twilight groan in horrible pain. Luna’s eyes widen in shock with the moon’s light shining through the glass window; Twilight lay on the ground; a pool of blood surrounded the injured mare, the cloth stuffed inside of her mouth. Her eyes were barely open as she struggled to stay awake. Her body covered in blood and knife wounds, "…. na……"

Author's Note:

Sorry :applecry: for the long wait. I’m trying to figure out the best time to post. I read a blog that Sunday is a good time (they have a whole science to it). So, I’m trying out their methods and what they recommend to see if it works. I hope you enjoyed the story! :twilightblush: