• Published 2nd Nov 2018
  • 1,966 Views, 56 Comments

Trapped in a World of Light - Jumpitydude



An unknown entity has appeared and turned all life in the universe into spirits. Only one has escaped this mass exodus. Now, it's up to her to save everyone.

  • ...
3
 56
 1,966

Regrouping

The blue sky was gorgeous. The grass was soft. She felt it in her grasp. A hand. She turned to her right.

Her lover was smiling at her. She smiled back. They both rolled towards each other. She reached towards her lover, closing her eyes.

...

They were gone.

She opened her eyes and was greeted by a solid wall. Moving to sit up, she felt like she hit a wall.

"She's up! She's up! Donald! Sora! She's up!"

She looked at the large dog wearing pants as a duck in a shirt and a human boy rushed over.

"Are you okay? What's your name?"

She rubbed her head. "My name is... Silverstream."

The duck pulled out a wand. "Do you need to be healed?"

"It's alright." Mipha appeared behind Silver and hugged her. "I can handle that."

"WAK!" The duck dropped his wand.

Reyn appeared in front of her. "You okay? We blacked out for a while there. Didn't know what was going on with you."

Silver held Reyn's hand. "You blacked out because I blacked out."

"Gawrsh. Looks like you got a lot of ghosts for friends."

Ladybug appeared facing the trio. "Do you three need an explanation?"

The human rubbed his head. "That would be nice."

Ladybug walked off with them as Silver turned back to Reyn. "Do you have any idea what happened?"

"I happened."

Silver turned her head. A boy with blond, spikey hair and very dark eyes was looking right at her.

"Wh-who are you?"

"The name's Bakugo. I got shoved in that midget's body and forced to work for someone I don't like."

Silver swiped at the guy. "Hey! That was my friend! And she's not a midget! She's just young!"

"I'm young and I'm not that small!"

"They just come from a world of midgets."

Silver's head whipped around. "REYN! That's rude!"

Shinji appeared solely to share a glance with Mipha.

"Right!" The boy walked over, giving Silver time to appreciate his massive shoes. "I think I've got it figured out!"

One look at Ladybug's face told Silver otherwise. "Do you?"

The boy placed his hands behind his head. "Those people with you are spirits, trapped here by something called Galeem. He put them in fake bodies to control them and use their powers for its own purposes. And once you've freed a spirit, they'll lend you their power."

Silver nodded. "And do you know how we all got here?"

The boy stared at her for a second, then put his finger to his cheek. "Uh..."

The large dog leaned over to the boy's ear. Silver flicked her ear up. "I hope this doesn't give away that we aren't from this world."

Silver tilted her head. "What are your names?"

"Oh! I'm Sora."

"I'm Donald."

"And I'm Goofy."

"Sora. Donald. Goofy. Look at us. What do you notice?"

Sora looked around at Silver and the spirits surrounding her. A few seconds later, he responded. "You're not from the same part of this world?"

Silver shook her head. "We're not from the same world."

"Huh?"

"I'm from Equestria, a land of magic and ponies. I've never seen a human before, I doubt you've seen a Zora before, and superheroes only exist in films and comic books for me."

Mipha leaned back. "I'm well traveled. Not only have I never seen outfits like the others wear, but I've never seen anything remotely like Silverstream."

Reyn stood up. "And there are three other races in my world, and none of them look like Mipha or Silver."

Sora tilted his head. "Well, so much for world order."

Donald hung his head and shook it. "Waaaaaaak."

Goofy scratched his cheek. "I wonder what the original residents of this world think of this happening all of a sudden."

Silver looked around. "This is an airship, right?"

"It's a spaceship."

Silver gasped. "Spaceship? That's so cool! I can't believe you guys-"

Behind her, Reyn rolled his eyes. "And there's that Silverstream mouth we love so much."

Silver blinked a couple of times, then coughed. "Right, anyway, could you fly it up so we get a good view of the landscape?"

"Sure!" Sora hopped in the pilot's seat and raised the ship into the air. "Woah. That looks crazy."

Goofy pressed his nose against the glass. "It looks like someone cut up several maps and stuck the pieces together randomly."

"Exactly." Silver walked up to Sora. "As beautiful as it is, it's obvious that this world isn't natural. Most worlds you can see the climate progressively change from one place to another. Here, you can see very defined lines where it cuts from one to the next."

Donald gawked at the sight. "Are you saying that this world was made from broken parts of other worlds?"

Silver nodded. "That means that there are no original residents to this world. And if we succeed, there probably won't be anyone left in this world if it even still exists."

Sora shared a look with the other two half-pints. "We'll succeed. As long as we all work together!"

Silver looked at Sora and smiled. "Thank you. I feel a lot more confident now. Oh! Wait!"


Fiora watched as the puppet lifted a huge weapon over their head. She pressed her hand against the barrier she was next to, unable to do anything but watch.

Her attention was briefly pulled to the side, where a blue griffon was standing. The look he gave her reflected her own helplessness.

A bright light suddenly erupted from in front of the puppet and shot into the air. Fiora could only stare in awe. Above them was-

*BOOM!*

Fiora sprung awake. The rubble blocking off the exit has suddenly been blown away.

A young boy climbed over the rubble. "There we go!"

Not far behind him was a face familiar to Fiora.

"Silver!"

Silver rushed towards Fiora. "Fiora! You're alive!"

The two girls shared a hug. Goofy suddenly grabbed Donald into a hug, causing the duck to flail about and yell.

"How did you know I was in here?"

Silver pulled back. "Uh, we didn't."

"Well, that's fair." One of Fiora's spirits stepped out. "It's not like there was any way to tell we were here before they blew it open."

Silver tilted her head. "I don't think I've met your spirits yet."

"Well, we only met for about five minutes before. And most of that was spent fighting."

The spirit next to Fiora bowed. "I am Seiko Kimura, the former Ultimate Pharmacist. I'm also the spirit that she hasn't used much."

"Because I don't want to waste your potions!"

Silver tapped her beak. "But if she's a spirit, she can just create more once you've used them, right?"

Fiora stared at Silver then put her hand on her face. "Oops."

"It's alright, Fiora." Another woman appeared to pat Fiora on the back. "We all make mistakes."

Bakugo appeared from Sora's body. "Ryukyu! You're here too?"

The elder hero looked at the boy. "You're... Bakugo, correct? I believe that many heroes may have ended up in our situation. It would be helpful to have as many of them on our side as possible."

There was a sound, almost like an owl's hooting, as a bird-like figure appeared next to Fiora.

Fiora immediately started petting it. "And how could I forget Decidueye? He's been so helpful to me."

Silver smiled. "He sure looks cute."

Fiora suddenly stopped petting and frowned. "Silver, there's something I'm worried about."

Sora waved his hand around. "Hey, uh, could this wait until we're on the ship? I don't think we should stay still for too long."

"Ship?"


Silver rubbed her chin. "That is an unusual vision. I wish we had more context to go off of."

"I wish we had Shulk. He's more used to these visions than I am."

Sora put his hands on his hips. "So Galeem creates those puppets somehow."

The girls nodded.

Donald scratched his head. "And you couldn't recognize who that was a puppet of."

Fiora shook her head. "They felt familiar, but I couldn't place who it was exactly."

Goofy was deep in thought. "Maybe they're someone you haven't met yet. They would be familiar to you in the vision, but you wouldn't recognize them outside of the vision."

"That may be it. Like that other creature. That blue bird lion hybrid."

"Oh, that's Gallus. He's my friend." Silver rubbed her leg. "It's good to know that he's fine, but I'm wondering what finding puppets of my other friends means for them."

Sora stretched his arms. "Don't worry. We'll save them, no matter what. They'll be fine."

"True, but I never saw Ocellus. I hope the little bug pony didn't get squashed or anything. Oh, please don't tell her I said that. She hates it when I call her a-"

"Fiora, are you alright?" Goofy put his hand on Fiora's shoulder. "You just went pale."

"Well..."

*Thud!*

They all looked at the window of the ship.

Mipha popped out. "Silver, that's..."

The kid in a hat looked through the glass, smiled and waved, then leaped in the air, creating a disco ball before dropping.

Everyone in the ship rushed over to look out the glass. Below them was a literal army of beast-like people. In the middle of them all...

"Ponies?"

Silver gasped. "That's Miss Starlight Glimmer! And I recognize that dark one as Tempest Shadow!"

Fiora turned to Silver. "What about the other two?"

"Haven't seen them before." Silver then looked at the little girl in the fray. "And that girl was a puppet last time I saw her."

Goofy scratched his cheek. "I wonder if that's the original version of her."

"Well, come on!" Sora summoned his weapon. "They need our help! Let's get down there and fight!"

The pint-and-a-half team hurried out of the ship.

"A... key?"

Fiora shrugged.

Comments ( 12 )

What's going to happen next

Is yoshi going to help the young 6

I wonder if the likes of Littlepip might appear?

Perhaps Murky Number Seven or Protege might appear?

Perhaps a Bobby from "We Happy Few" might make an appearance?

https://www.deviantart.com/hyrule64/art/The-Bobby-We-Happy-Few-Smash-Bros-Moveset-844262644

If we need a name for him, try "Constable John Constable" (one of the characters mentioned in the "Oh, Behave!" session, and also, in one game mode, you get to play as him).

Perhaps an adult version of Nyx might appear (the one from "Nyx Contacts")?

10536680
I imagine if ANYONE encounters the Bobby... or, for that matter, almost ANYONE from "We Happy Few"... they may find most of the folks of "We Happy Few"... "creepy", shall we say.

Perhaps Loona the Hellhound may be encountered?

It’s up to Silverstream and Kirby to save the day!

I imagine if the Bobby met Tempest Shadow, he would immediately try to force-feed her Joy.

The Bobby (a character from "We Happy Few") may be determined to defend Wellington Wells... even though most of the inhabitants of the town have mysteriously vanished, and sinister figures now stalk the streets. He at first believes something's gotten into his Joy (even though Sally Boyle, who is now a spirit accompanying him, insists that such is not the case), and that the creatures are some form of hallucination.

Login or register to comment