• Published 2nd Nov 2018
  • 1,966 Views, 56 Comments

Trapped in a World of Light - Jumpitydude



An unknown entity has appeared and turned all life in the universe into spirits. Only one has escaped this mass exodus. Now, it's up to her to save everyone.

  • ...
3
 56
 1,966

Entering the World of Light

Silver tumbled to the ground and rolled for a good several yards.

"Ow! Ow..."

She struggled to get to her hooves and claws, pain coursing through her body. Her legs shook for a few seconds before she weakly flopped to her right side. She stared at her claws for a few seconds. There were some scratches from her fall, but they seemed fine otherwise. She looked at her left wing. It was in the same shape. She rolled onto her stomach then her left side to check her right wing.

The feathers were pointing in several directions, and it looked like there was a bone pointed the wrong way.

She cringed at the sight. Her legs couldn't support her, and her wing was in no shape for flying. How was she going to get around? She rolled back on her stomach, looked down for a moment, then realized she had no idea where she was. She looked at the scenery.

What little there was to see.

In front of her was nothing but dirt and mountains. No houses, no landmarks, and no signs of life. And for a moment, she hoped that was a dream. It seems like that thing took out all life on the planet.

She looked at the ground. There was a shadow being cast in front of her. The only way for that to happen was... She craned her head around, and her jaw dropped at the sight. She rolled on her back and pushed herself into a sitting position.

The source of the light was a massive orb surrounded by elegant colorful wings. Or things that looked like wings at least. Surrounding it was a sea of clouds with bits of architecture peeking through the top. Everywhere Silver could see, there were floating orbs of light with colors in the middle.

And one was flying right for her.

She covered her face with her claws. The orb smacked her in the stomach, knocking her back. Into someone's grasp.

"Hey! No! Let go of me!"

"Don't be afraid."

Silver gasped. The voice was unfamiliar, but it gave her a small sense of tranquility. She placed her claw on their left hand, pressing it into her chest, and looked at their right hand perched on her ruined wing, stretching it out.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Mipha. And right now, we want the same thing. We all do."

Silver looked at the orb in the distance. "To stop whatever that thing is."

"Yes. You seem to be the only one to escape becoming a spirit. As such, we will do our best to help you in any way we can."

"We?"

"Those that were turned into spirits. But, for reasons I do not know, some of them are assisting that thing."

"What else do you know about that thing?"

"My knowledge of it is as good as yours. It appeared, launched its attack, and now our homes are like this."

"You're not from Equestria, are you?"

Mipha's left hand ran along Silver's body, tracing a path from her chest to her side, then along her back. Mipha placed her left hand on Silver's outstretched wing as Mipha stepped into Silver's view. The sight of Mipha caused Silver to blush.

The best comparison for her general appearance that Silver could think of was an Abyssinian that was a fish instead of a cat. She had gentle green eyes that almost drew in all of Silver's attention. The red scales on her back combined with the tan scales on her front to make a rather stunning design. The jewelry and blue fabric that adorned her made her look regal.

"I am a Zora from the Lanayru region of Hyrule. I never heard of Equestria before now. This may indicate that this is a bigger problem than I previously thought."

Silver stared at the Zora for a moment longer before blinking and turning away. "It doesn't matter how big it is. What matters is if we can handle it."

"I agree with that. And my healing powers will no doubt be invaluable."

"Heal-" Silver quickly looked herself over again. Moments prior, she had been scratched up, bruised, and had a messed up wing. Now? Her body looked perfectly fine. She felt fine. She could stand on her own four legs and fly. "You can heal me?"

Mipha nodded. "And I will be able to do so throughout this journey."

Silver grabbed Mipha into a hug. "I've got the best partner I could ask for! But, uh, are you glowing?"

Indeed, throughout their conversation, Mipha had a soft glow to her body. "Perhaps it is because I am a spirit." Mipha started running her hands along Silver's body. "It's unusual that I would be able to touch you, or that you can touch me." Mipha looked at Silver's face. "But I... think... Ahem. It is probably because my spirit is currently in your body, meaning our "physical" interactions are purely mental."

"Am I able to use your healing powers?"

"I'm not sure. It wouldn't matter if you don't find someone else that was spared. Unless you can save some of them and turn them back to normal."

Silver placed her claw on her chin, her thoughts headed somewhere darker than normal. "If I could use the powers from various spirits, then I could get some very useful powers. Maybe I could get one that would let me beat others up easily." Silver started punching the air. "One, two, pow, pow!"

Mipha placed her hand on Silver's wrist. "Please refrain from going power hungry."

"Oops, uh. I would only use those kinds of powers to help out. I promise."

Mipha sighed. "Let's get going. We won't solve anything standing here." The Zora turned into pure light, then surrounded Silver before vanishing.

Silver stared at her target off in the distance, readied her legs, leaped forward... and promptly faceplanted. She groaned as she got back up and looked below her. Did she slip on something?

She looked behind her and saw it. The thing she slipped on apparently flew behind her. She flew up to it to get a better look. It was a triangular piece of metal with three circles in the corners of it connected by lines forming a triangle. Silver picked it up, causing the symbol on it to glow red. A moment later, her vision filled with light.

A statue of Yona stood on a pedestal, tied by blue lines of light. Something that appeared to be molten metal poured over her, then hung from the bottom of the pedestal. After a moment, it formed into another statue of Yona that dropped to the ground.

A floating mote of light approached the fallen statue. The mote sent out illuminated tendrils towards the statue. The statue then slowly stood up, its eyes glowing red.

Silver gasped as she returned to her body. Looking around, she found her saddle bags lying on the ground nearby. She flew over to it, shoved the chunk of metal inside, and strapped them to her body before flying off.

Author's Note:

Two things prompted this story. The first was the Smash Bros. Direct today (November 1st, 2018), and the second was NaPoWriMo. As such, this was spur of the moment, and each chapter will be uploaded as it is finished.

I hope I can apply quality to this story, but, as per NaPoWriMo entries, that won't be my goal.

Edit May 2019: Adding links to the character's introductions so people can read up on them if they want to. Though I don't know how many of you don't already know who Mipha is.