• Published 30th Oct 2018
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

From The Vault - Mischievous Blue

  • ...
 0
 293

You Got A Problem With Blank Flanks?

Author's Note:

This story was created on June 27, 2015, and abandoned May 4, 2016.
Tags are First Person, Sad, Tragedy, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Rarity
Rated T
Sequel to Another Like Me

You Got A Problem With Blank Flanks?

"You got a problem with blank flanks?"
-Scootaloo-
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic S1 E12

I finally confessed everything. I told Sweetie Belle and Rarity about the events of the last couple days: my parents deaths, losing everything, and having to steal food to avoid starvation. I held back my tears as hard as I could, but it was impossible. The tears formed two small rivers on my face as I sobbed harder than I ever had. Rarity tried to comfort me, but it had little effect.

The two unicorns let me stay at the boutique for the meantime, partly as thanks for helping Sweetie Belle the night before. I had mumbled that it wasn't all me, but thanked them all the same. I waited for something to happen, but the most interesting thing for several hours was the whir of the sewing machine coming from behind one of the doors. I was told by Sweetie Belle that Rarity liked to work in silence and disliked being disturbed.

I went back to where the couch had been earlier, but to my disappointment, it had vanished. Sweetie told me that Rarity used it in emergency situations. My fragile psyche snapped at that moment and I yelled at Sweetie that it was an emergency. She recoiled in shock and tears quickly formed in her eyes. The sound of the sewing machine stopped momentarily before continuing a few seconds later. I suddenly realized what I did and tried to apologize, but Sweetie ran out the door of the boutique, crying.

I stood there in shock, realizing that I had just possibly destroyed the only friendship I had. My flank hits the floor hard as I sat down heavily, thinking of what I should do. My mind and body tell me to go find Sweetie and apologize, but my pride says she deserved what she got. Unable to decide what exactly to do, I figure the best thing to do is get some fresh air to clear my head.

The cold sweet scent of incoming rain hits me as I step out the door. The rain hasn't started yet, but it isn't far off, and from the look of it, it's going to be a big shower. And Sweetie Belle is out there somewhere. I look around quickly and call her name, but there's no response. I grab my scooter from next to the door and take off as fast as I can. The longer I call for Sweetie and see no sight of her, the more my heart sinks. The rain is less than a mile away now, and already leaves are getting torn off of trees.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment