• Published 30th Oct 2018
  • 293 Views, 0 Comments

From The Vault - Mischievous Blue

  • ...
 0
 293

The Mane 6 vs. The Telephone

Author's Note:

This story was started on June 27, 2015, and abandoned August 20, 2015.
Tags are Mane 6, Comedy
Rated E

The Mane 6 vs. The Telephone

"What do y'all suppose it is?" Applejack whispered, careful not to speak too loud.

"I don't know. I've never seen anything like it before," Twilight replied, just as quietly.

"Maybe it's some kind of new animal," Fluttershy said in her normal voice.

"Or maybe it's some terrible new archenemy that we need to defeat," Rainbow Dash whispered back, flying just above the others.

"Oh really, Rainbow Dash. Is everything an enemy with you?" Rarity whispered angrily.

"Shh! Rarity, be quieter. We don't to agitate it," Twilight whispered to her friend.

"I am being quiet!" Rarity yelled in exasperation.

All six ponies gasped and ducked behind a table they had overturned when the strange object had suddenly appeared in Twilight's library. Nothing happened for several seconds and six heads poked up above the table edge. The object hadn't moved an inch.

"Sorry," Rarity whispered.

"I think we can talk normally. It doesn't seem to be able to hear very well," Twilight said, voice risen slightly, but only slightly.

All the other ponies rose to examine the intruder from across the room. It was an odd box shape with a circle in the middle with smaller circles along the inside edge. On top was a strange hooked device. It was connected to the box with a string, but it didn't seem to have a function. The curved device had a large opening at both ends, but it was still a mystery as to what they were. Rainbow Dash had suggested they were eyes, and nopony else had come up with anything better. Strangely enough, those eyes hadn't moved at all.

"Um, does anypony else think we should go check on it and see if it's ok?" Fluttershy asked timidly.

"I-I'm sure it's just sleeping," Rarity laughed nervously.

"Then wouldn't now be the perfect time to check it out?" Twilight asked reasonably.

"Aw shoot, might as well. We aren't gaining any ground as we are now," Applejack replied.

Pinkie, who had been silent up until now, bounced out from behind the table bounced her way up to the box. "Ooh, shiny!" she exclaimed and raised a hoof to touch it.

"Pinkie!" Twilight barked. "Don't touch it. We still don't know what it is."

Pinkie lowered her hoof and pouted.