• Published 31st Jul 2012
  • 7,056 Views, 1,280 Comments

Earning Freedom - Daxisle



Big Macintosh was a simple apple farmer pony, but once he's imprisoned under false charges for sexual favors, he receives a package in his cell containing means for his escape, and a letter that would change the way he saw the world forever.

  • ...
37
 1,280
 7,056

PreviousChapters Next
Mine(or) Conflict

Mine(or) Conflicts

Sin humbly past through a pair of loose wooden doors and wondered into the town's bar. He'd looked around for the "Thirsty Mare" for a brief moment before realizing the only establishment of it's like in town was one called "The Cherry Pit".

'That old stallion wasn't kidding, his memory really is going.'

The atmosphere was just what the pony expected. A calm, yet tense atmosphere of drunkards and associates gathered together in a single place to enjoy all manner of alcohol. A distinct cherry scented aroma permeated the air in a manner so thick that Sin had to concentrate on not gagging. It was amazing how far some were willing to go to make a theme work.

His hooves clopped against the creaky wooden floor as he strode up to the bar and took a seat looking up at a black and white sign that loomed over head.

'Seven bits for a tall boy!? That's outrageous!'

It was, and Sin would likely need to get one if he wanted Blitzen to give him the time of day.

"Howdy, stranger. What can I getcha?" Said the barkeep, a crimson maned earth pony mare with high hair and an off white coat. Her southern drawl thick enough to give the Apple family a run for it's money.

"A shot of cherry whiskey, please." Sin replied politely.

"Of course, that'll be six bits."

Just hearing the price out loud made Sin want to slam his head into the bar. It legitimately amazed him how this town was able to function at such a high cost of living, but that was the price of scarcity in supply and demand.

Once his bits were on the table and counted, the barkeep leaned down under the table and returned with a tall bottle and filled up a pristine shot glass for him. "There ya go, sugar, one shot of cherry whiskey!"

Sin thanked her and downed the glass in a single go, the pungent taste of alcohol nearly setting his throat on fire with a sweet cherry aftertaste. He could feel the warm liquid tingle all the way down his throat and down to his stomach in a mix of fuzzy warmth and burning ethenol.

Sin knew how to drink, he'd been introduced to many a fine beverages in his life time, as well as watered down crap that wasn't fit to be served to pigs. Even now, he could still feel the whiskey in his stomach, soothing his insides in a euphoric calm that he rarely experienced before. Six bits hardly seemed like a big deal anymore, in all actuality, that was a steal for the coming experience.

"Ain't seen you 'round before. What brings ya to Dodge Junction?" The mare asked casually.

"I'm looking for a pony named Blitzen." Sin answered, enjoying the warm tingles that now permeated through his body. "The proprietor from the inn informed me I might find him here."

The bar keep looked around the establishment, "sorry stranger, Blitzen ain't here tonight, I'm afraid."

'Figures.'

Well, just because the pony wasn't present didn't mean the bartender didn't know a thing or two herself. Sin posed the question of the coal mine to her and, as luck would have it, she knew exactly what he was talking about and informed the stallion he could find it a mile south of town along a small path.

"I'd recommend stayin' away from it, mah self." She said, grabbing the shot glass and setting it in a sink. "Ol' mine was condemned for instability after part of it collapsed and killed a pony a few years ago."

'Hmm, collapsed and unstable you say?'

"I see, thank you for your time Miss..."

"Jubiliee, Blushing Jubiliee. My momma, Cherry Jubiliee ownes this bar, Cherry Hill Ranch, and darn near half the town." She declared proudly.

Noting the names, Sin thanked the mare once again and made way out of the bar. Once outside, he pulled up his hood and approached the southern end of town.

It was dark now, too dark for him to see. The moon was a small crescent tonight and offered little light to see by.

Hey, Critic, tell the kid to let the Nightmare go. I have an idea.

'Okay.'

"Finally! Ugh, once I am of my full strength, you will pay for-"

Yea, yea, I'll, like, pay and shit. Now shut up and let me concentrate.

Sin summoned the aura at it's most mild and opened his eyes. The Federalist smirked when he saw the once blackened and ambiguous darkness light up into an almost crystal clear view in any given direction.

'Be careful Sin, cleaver as that is, we still don't know how it will affect you long term.'

The pony was still for a moment, he could feel trace amounts of the Nightmare's influence in his mind and body, a minor throbbing in his head already, but nothing compared to the overwhelming sense of pain and cold he usually did. He lifted his forleg and looked down upon it, the brown hoof appearing to him clear as day. Unfortunately, a dull light green glow partially illuminated his hoof, telling him that said eyes could be spotted if he approached without some means of concealment.

He adjusted the intensity of the aura and found that the glow would dim there in, but so would his sight. It took some time, but he eventually found a balance between the dimness of his eyes and having a respectable sight range.

"Oh please, you think you can control my powers by awakening them in small quantities to stave off the repercussions?" Nightmare Moon howled in laughter.

Sin ignored her taunting and wondered forth into the darkness, retrieving and stringing his crossbow once far enough out of town. He looked down at the weapon, he didn't want to admit it, but she was right. The only thing he was using right now was her eyes, but how much stronger did that make her? Or did it even make her stronger? The kid seemed to do a good job containing her whenever Sin needed him to, and he didn't feel any long lasting repercussion once he'd stopped using said magic, but that didn't mean there weren't any.

Still, he was able to control the Nightmare's magic, and if tonight went as planned, that's all he'd need her for.

Keeping his steps quiet, the brown clad Federalist moved forwards, a tight sense of anticipation looming in his stomach to not repeat the same mistakes as last time. Puddinghead would pay, he was going to suffer the worst fate Sin could bestow, but the pony would make one hundred percent sure the earth pony was alone this time. They had no idea he was coming, this time and Sin planned to make use of that.

After a good bit of walking, he found it, the enterance to the mine shaft, a small bit of light flickering from the entrance that he was only able to pick up due to his serpintine eyes.

'Well, they're here, or it's gang of outlaws.'

The night was young, Sin had time to do a perimeter sweep and despite ever fiber of his being wanting to go inside the tunnel and slaughter every Totski he saw, the pony relented the extra hour to creep around the entrance for anything that could constitute a threat...

Nothing, no patrols, no secret escapes, no guards, no sign of traps or alarms, or anything.

This bothered Sin, there should have been some kind of protection, some kind of system in place to alert his enemies of any approaching threats, yet he found nothing. Not even a string attached to a bunch of cans.

'Maybe they're just that confident they're safe and can relax?'

Hmmm, maybe... still though, it just didn't sit right. The Trotski, from his observations, were kind of armature in their military and strategic capabilities, but they'd demonstrative at least novice level tactical knowledge, certainly enough to know that keeping a sentinel on post was essential.

Passing through the entrance, Sin kept to the wall, scanning the tunnel for anything to be seen. Again, there was nothing, nothing at all. His steps were as silent as a shadow, placing the tip of his hoof down first and following through in a pivot on the rounded side. Not even his breathing could be heard as he traveled, if they were going to just let him waltz right in undetected, who was he to argue and make life difficult for himself?

He reached the source of light, a small torch sitting on the wall in it's holder. At least it's existence was proof the something was here.

The tunnel curved ahead and another light flickered in the distance, another torch, and a third, and a fourth. Finally, the tunnle ended, the mouth opening up into a large and spacious cavern, propped up by uncountable wooden beams and branching, vein tunnels all throughout. The entire cavern, which had to be twenty ponies tall, was illuminated by hundreds and hundreds of torches, each one enchanted to make the light within almost blinding, constricting his serpentine eyes to slits.

Why were there so many? What was the purpose of keeping the cavern this well lit? And more importantly, where was everybody?

Sin's ears perked as he looked around, finding different places he could hide should anything happen, running scinarios in his head on what to do if the situation called for it. Pillars and rocks for hiding behind, ledges he could climb up if he needed to, contingency plans just in case said ledges or rocks were destroyed.

He stepped into the cavern, mindful and careful on where he'd go.

Suddenly a laugh echoed all around, making the tense stallion's blood run.

"Well, well. It looks like our guest has finally arrived." Called a mare's voice.

The sound of moving chains was heard, and a re-bar metal door slammed down at the cavern's entrance, trapping Sin inside.

'Fuck! It's a trap!'

No shit!

A light burst forth from a ledge, and Sin jumped just in time to avoid being hit by a consentrated beam of golden magic. He caught himself and took aim at where the spell had come from, but found no caster.

"It's just as you said, Clover. He fell right into your hooves."

Another beam of light came from the left, and Sin rolled, catching himself upright and taking aim, only to have the phantom unicorn to once again, elude his sight. Too exposed where he was, Sin ran and hid behind a large bolder, peaking back around in an attempt to find his assailants.

Clover? Who the hell was that? And why did that name sound somewhat familiar?

'SINABOVEYOU!'

Jumping out of the way with not a breath to spare, Sin regarded the spear that pierced the ground where he'd been standing a second ago with awe. He needed to get to higher ground.

The taunting continued as the Federalist climbed, dodging beams of magic as they came and taking shelter behind anything he could. He looked around, trying to find the bastards that were attacking him, but no matter where he looked, all he could find was the flickering flames of the cavern dancing about upon the walls.

A sudden glint caught his eye and the stallion moved just in time to avoid a poorly aimed bolt arrow that was meant for his chest. He glared at the position the glint came from, seeing nothing at all. No body, no rocks, no metal to reflect, no wooden beams, no stalagmites to hide behind or anything.

Invisibility spells, of course!

Nightmare, can your eyes detect things that are under spell cloaks?

The pony kept moving, jumping and leaping up the walls of the cavern, his ears listening for hoof steps or wings to find his enemy's position. He continually looked to and fro, scanning the cavern for another possible glint of light, hoping their spells wouldn't stop bolts if he could get a clear shot.

"They can, if you're willing to make them."

KABOOM!

The ledge Sin stood upon began to crumble as a well aimed magical blast hit a weak point. The Federalist didn't have enough time to react and was pulled down as the ground beneath him crumbled, sending the stallion rolling down the small slope of the cavern back to the ground level.

"He's a crafty one, isn't he? But I would expect no less, considering how he infiltrated our Head Quarters."

Sin pushed himself up and rubbed his aching side. Things were not going his way at all, but how? How did they know he was coming?!

No, he couldn't waste time on questions like that.

Seeing how he had no viable options left, Sin enhanced the aura, bringing the Alicorn of Insanity's power to task. The headache came with it, but Sin was ready for it this time. He looked around and noticed two pony shaped silver shimmers on the ledge above him. He took aim at the first and let loose a bolt.

A scream from above told the stallion he'd hit home, but with the form's shimmering ambiguity, it was impossible to tell where.

"Gah, my flank!"

"Panzy!" Clover called in worry. "You bastard!"

The second form lowered it's head and a beam of magic bore down. Sin didn't make any attempt to dodge, though. Waiting for the magic to hit and using the shock of it's ineffectiveness to finish the unicorn off with a bolt. The spell made contact with him and brought with it a hot siring pain as something hard slammed into Sin's ribs right under his wing, pushing the stallion into the wall.

What the fuck?!

'Sin, you alright?'

"Panzy! Are you okay?"

Sin pushed himself up cringing as the pain in his side shot through him like a hot spike. That was impossible, he was wearing the dragon scale! Magic shouldn't have affected him!

He heard the two above talking and seeing to one another's wounds, and gingerly touched the point of contact to find a small rock lodged in his skin, small bits of blood trickling down his side.

Cleaver bastards.

Raising his crossbow, Sin pointed at the unicorn. "Move and you die."

The shimmering silver turned a little too quickly to regard him and Sin's hoof triggered the bolt on instinct, sending the bolt flying up and missing the unicorn by mere inches. Another golden blast of magic shot forth, Sin's injury too crippling to make an unscathed dodge, and slammed into the Federalist's shoulder.

"Fuck!" He cried, gripping his right shoulder with his left hoof and gritting his teeth. Another rock had been lodged into his skin, luckily it didn't hit the bone and wasn't near as painful as the one in his rib.

He pushed past the pain and ran behind a wooden beam, pulling out a couple of bolts and awkwardly redrew the main load and quickload of his crossbow. If there was one saving grace to the pain he was feeling from the fight, it was the fact it took attention away from the increasingly intense migraine he had.

"Owww, He saw us! You said we were invisible, Clover!" Panzy complained.

"We are! But his eyes, they could see us for some reason. C'mon, he's hurt, we can finish him now!"

Sin rolled his shoulder to find he couldn't lift the bow above a forty five degree angle. He cursed under his breath, pushed back onto his haunches and lifted his right hoof up with his left, forcing searing hot lances of unbridled anguish up through his shoulder and spine. He worried that the pain would take away from his aim, but there was no help for it.

A single pair of galloping hooves was heard, coming from behind the wooden barrier. If he planned this right, he could kill the unicorn and then interrogate the pegasus.

"So, you can see through my spell?" Clover said, slowing her gallop down to a trot. "Very clever, especially since you're not a unicorn. It's rare to find non-unicorn ponies that can use magic."

Sin gulped, feeling the anticipation raising in his chest as the clopping of her hooves grew closer and closer. For some reason, a unsettling sense of impending doom swept over him, like no matter what he did, the stallion felt like was destined to to die as soon as he saw her. It was a stupid feeling that he had to push out of his mind, but it still hit him hard.

She was close now, right behind the beam that hid him. All it would take was one look, one look and she'd be driven to insanity.

"Word has it that you're the one who killed Commander Hurricane... Some even think you're the ghost of that pony we had killed in Canterlot." Clover chuckled a very feminine laugh of skepticism. From the right side, she was coming from the right side.

"But I think we both know that's not the case, is it, Sin?"

Sin smirked, her words giving him a bit of inspiration. "No. I am no ghost."

"I know, but I'm curious as to how you survived. Sickle was a smart-"

Her words were cut off by a harsh laugh from Sin. He double checked his crossbow and made ready. "Oh, I didn't survive, I just said I'm no ghost."

He heard the unicorn mare chuckle. "Really, and how is it that you stand before me now?"

"Simple... Demon's aren't bound to hell."

He heard a gasp and rounded the beam, finding the unicorn uncloaked and standing directly infornt of him. His eyes made contact with hers and he limped forwards, she was wearing blackened sunglasses for some reason, but it didn't inhibit the power of the aura in the slightest.

"I sold my soul to the demon king, and in exchange, he let me come back to claim all of the Trotski." Sin lifted his good leg and smacked the unicorn across the face, sending her to the ground. Slowly, he raised his crossbow up, holding it shakily down at her. "When you see him, tell him I said hell-augh!"

The pressing pain in Sin's skull throbbed in a mind shattering agony, bringing the pony to his knees and clutching his head in a fruitless attempt to sooth.

No, no, not now! Nightmare! STOP! I can't let her get up! If she gets up, we both dead!

"Hmmm, no. You will die, I will simply transfer to a new body. Her body will suit me just fine.

Clover, now free of the Nightmare enhanced aura, stood up and shook herself off.

You idiot, if you jump to her body, Luna will be able to detect you in her dreams!

"Perhaps, but I have grown warry of you and your arrogant confinement."

"Clover, are you okay? What happened? What did he do?!" Panzy asked, limping up to her fellow.

"I do not know, Panzy, but his eyes, they were wrong, possessed. It's like Smart Cookie and the Chancellor said, his eyes have the power to induce mind crippling fear..."

Seeing that the Nightmare wasn't going to let up, Sin released the aura and attempted to stand and finish what he'd started, but the pain was still too great for him to do much of anything. His face contorting into a one eyed grimace, the stallion arose his head to look at the two mares before him.

Panzy was the pink mare who'd tried to assassinate Macintosh, and Clover was a light lilac unicorn with a brown half cloak covering the front of her body and hooding half of her head.

He tried to raise his crossbow, but it was a pointless effort now. Despite every last muscle and bit of will he had being pushed for the act his muscles were too strained to lift the weight of the weapon.

Fuck, fuck, FUCK!

Sin, he... he didn't know what else he could have done! Nothing he could have done different, no mistake he could have fixed, no alternative tactic he could have used. Everything he did, he did by the book! Save not having his exit cut off, but how could he have seen that coming?! The entryway didn't look like it had a door!

No, no excuses, life didn't care about excuses... Life didn't give a damn about effort or attempt, it cared about results... and the results were him laying at the fucking mercy of his enemies.

"Alright, Panzy, let's finish him and get to Apploosa with the others."

"Apploosa?" Sin grunted out loud without meaning to.

Panzy smirked. "Yea, Applossa, you know, where Puddinghead is?"

'WHAT?!'

Clover and Panzy shared a laugh at his look of frustrated confusion.

"Come now, Sin. Did you really think our guards would just so carelessly talk about our next destination, knowing that our last surviving leader was under threat?" The off purple unicorn asked, smirking down at him with half lidded eyes.

"I- I could have killed them..." Sin grunted, shrugging his shoulders in a last ditch effort to regain some kind of meaningful strength into his bow hoof.

If he could hold them off with words long enough to regain his sense, then he might have a chance...

"Yes, you could have, and we figured you would have, but you didn't, did you? You knew we had spells in place that, if one of us was killed, I would have known about it and raised the alarm, didn't you?" She said all too smugly.

Sin didn't know that, but it was good knowledge to have regardless.

Still, that did leave a bunch of questions left unanswered, like if they knew he was there, why hadn't they made more of an effort to find and kill him on the spot? If Clover had a spell to detect if a Trotski was killed, why didn't she have one to tell her if they were under attack or knocked out?

With a flick of her mane, the unicorn gave the most cliche and selfish answer Sin had ever heard. "We wanted the pleasure for ourselves." She grinned evilly. "You killed Commander Hurricane and Prince Platinum. You killed my father and Panzy's grandmother... Ponies we loved dearly all for petty revenge..."

Clover's smile deteriorated with every word, her eyes becoming dark red orbs of hatred and contempt. "And now, I'm going to kill you."

Sin helplesly watched as Clover's horn began to glow a brilliant gold, readying a spell that would either cripple or kill him. The time wasn't enough, his leg wouldn't move the way it needed to, his head still throbbed and failed his attempts to summon the aura...

This was it... he was really going to die here...

"Any last words?" Clover asked, her spell reaching critical mass and picking up small stone in her telekenesis.

"Sorry!"

A red beam of magic struck Clover in the side, sending the unicorn screaming and flying away, the magic in her horn discharging upon contact and blasting a few of the lower vein mines with a powerful and terrible force.

"But I'm afraid that stallion belongs to Luna."

Sin's eye trailed the voice and found a pair of stallions standing at the cave's entrance. The black unicorn of which casting a spell and blasting the door of bars apart. A white pegasus pony launched forward, spread his wings, and with ungodly speed, slammed into Panzy, bucking her into the wall along side her fallen compatriot.

That's when Sin realized who his savior was... "Soarin?" He croaked, recognizing the pony from his incident with Applejack. It was him, the blue mane, off white pelt and green eyes were unmistakable.

"Who dares to- Oh goddess..." Clover gasped, eyeing the black unicorn as he slowly trotted forth. Sin had never seen the pony before, a black pelt was hard to come by, but the red eyes really left their mark on him, contrasting the casual expression he wore.

"You son of a-"

"Panzy, we need to go. NOW!"

"What!?" The pegasus screeched, but she had time for little else before the two disappeared in a bright flash of light, leaving Sin to deal with his saviors.

'Wait, did they say you belonged to Luna? As in, Princess Luna?'

"Sombra, grab him and let's get out of here." Soarin growled, looking down at the Federalist with scorn.

A subtle shifting from behind quickly gave way to a loud creak of of stressed wood and cracking stone, small bits of dirt and dust falling from the ceiling of the cavern and peppering all three of them in earthly dust. The damage that Clover's rouge spell caused on the cave's foundation finally coming to task.

Nightmare, these two are going to take us back to Luna, now if you do not help me and get rid of this fucking head ache, I'll be taken prisoner there and you'll be a prisoner with me... You can try to flee now, but something tells me that that black unicorn there will have some way of capturing and containing you...

Sombra attempted to lift Sin in his magic, but ended up nursing a feedback headache instead.

"Sombra, quit messing around and pick him up!" The white pegasus shouted. The red eyed unicorn shouted that he was trying, but something was stopping him, to which the former Wonderbolt reminded him of Sin's tendency for anti-magical charms.

"I cannot believe the good fortune you have, Sinbad. Of all the ways tonight could have gone, it just had to end this way."

Yea, life's a bitch, now are you going to help or are we going to be buried under a few thousand tons of dirt/taken to see your maker?

In an instant a calming and cool sense of relief began to sooth the ear splitting migraine, leaving the stallion to his facilities once again. His shoulder was still pretty messed up, as was his rib, but Sin could still use it if he limped.

Another harsh creaking was heard from over head, larger bits of dirt and stone raining from the sky and crashing down onto the dirt, with random torches working their ways free from the walls and joining the bits of ceiling on the ground.

"Buck!" Soarin cursed as he barely dodged a nicely sized piece of stone that the ceiling tried to crush him with. He saw Sin now standing and rushed behind him, ducked down beneath and stood up so that the Federalist was on his back. "MOVE!"

Sin held on for dear life as the three ponies made a mad dash for the door, Sombra keeping a red shield of magic above their heads to catch any debris that fell. While the Federalist wasn't a fan of allowing others to help him, he wasn't above allowing said help from potential enemies if they were willing to give it.

The cave's mouth was in sight now, and as the booming from behind them grew ever louder with the sounds of crashing dirt and snapping wood, so too did the heaviness of the dirt that fell in the tunnel. At one point, they were running blind, with Sombra blasting his way through the earth more so than following the cave's path. Sin felt Soarin fighting to keep his balance on the freshly moved dirt, having to twist and turn his body to keep the pegasus upright more than once.

The white pony looked back to see the edge of the shield approaching them and begged Sombra to slow down, but the unicorn didn't listen, shouting that they would be fine and maintaining his galloping as he blasted through the earth. Sin felt Soarin's hooves begin slipping, the earth of the make shift tunnel much too fresh and unstable for good running. He shifted when possible and necessary to keep the two upright, but that wasn't going to do them much good if the magic that kept the earth above from collapsing down was gone.

Just when Sin was certain the pegasus was going to slip up and be left behind, all three burst free from the tunnel into the cool of the night. Each collapsing into heaping piles of panting and groaning.

"Y- you... see? Told... you... It would... be fine." Sombra said between gasps of breath. Soarin wasn't as amused, though. Managing only a slight curse against the unicorn's carelessness.

The Federalist, seeing the opportunity, stood from his place and thanked the two for their help.

"Oh no... you don't." Soarin panted, pushing himself up. "Luna wants to... to see you... and you're gonna... come with us."

Sin frowned and informed the pegasus that, as greatful as he was for the save, he had absolutely no plans to see the good night princess. Soarin didn't take well to his rejection and flew forward, barring Sin's path.

"Soarin, get out of my way." Sin demanded calmly, but the pegasus stood in place. Seeing how this was going to end, Sin began backing away from him and circling to get both ponies into view. Each walking after him and speaking about how much easier this whole ordeal would be if Sin would just cooperate.

"Sorry gents, but I have no intention on going back to Canterlot." Sin blinked and his eyes went serpintine once again, though, unlike any other time before, there was no pain to be felt in his head.

"What the?" Soarin asked in shock, though his question was only answered by the terrifying chill of the aura as it bore down upon him. "What's going on!? What are you doing to us?!"

It wasn't as strong as he usually made it, these two did save his life and Sin owed them for that, but that would only get so much mercy from him.

In a flash of bright crimson light, both Sombra and Soarin disappeared, leaving Sin alone in the quiet dead of the night. His ears perked, waiting to see if the two would return to collect him, but as the minutes ticked by, there was no sign of either Sombra nor Soarin.

'Well... that went better than expected.'

No, no it did not. What Sin expected was to find and kill Puddinghead. What he got was a trap that had been set up for him a week ago that he was too stupid to see through or even question. The results spoke for themselves, new enemies and new injuries. Luna knew he was alive somehow, and had sent some of her little minions to collect him. A notion the pony didn't care one bit for.

'Well it's not like you made it all that convincing you were dead. I mean, having your assassin commit suicide inside the castle? Really?'

Not like there was much else he could do with the body though, he was still amazed he was able to sneak Sickle as far as he was. Regardless, that did leave a new problem. How did they know where he was? It was a happy discovery, but still, how did they know?

"Truly your fortune is what sees you through the day, Sinbad. How a pony who fancies himself an intellectual could be so dim and foolish is beyond me."

Oh? Care to elaborate or are you just going to keep talking out of your ass?

The Nightmare scoffed and pointed out something Sin had not considered. Scootaloo had run away from Ponyville and was a friend of Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash had ties to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, with the night princess' ability to enter dreams and read minds, it shouldn't have been a surprise that Scootaloo's thoughts would tell her exactly where the two were.

Sin groaned outloud, how could he have not seen such a blaring problem looking him in the face? Of course, his mind was closed to Luna, but her attention being brought to a missing foal by a concerned friend, there by putting Scootaloo on her radar? He should have realized that when Scootaloo said she had some kind of tie to Rainbow Dash.

Fuck, alright, anyone got any ideas? Critic?

'Hmmm, sorry Sin, I'll need some time. Maybe you could teach Scootaloo Occlumency? She doesn't want to be found anymore than you do, so taking that angle, you might be able to convince her to learn it.'

He could, but the problem there was that Occlumency required a seriously developed sense of skepticism and cynicism. Two things Sin knew Scootaloo didn't have and honestly didn't want her to have. She was a gentle soul and kind heart, no, something else would need to be done.

Internally sighing, Sin began making way back to town. As much as he didn't want to, he needed to get some sleep and dig out the rocks before the wounds became infected. All he could do now was hope that neither the Trotski nor Luna's lackeys would ambush him in the middle of the night.

Author's Note:

Mine(or) Conflict.

Get it? Because it takes place in a mine, and it's the minor Trotski? Get it? Eh? EH?! Aren't I so cleaver and punny? LAUGH! LAUGH AND TELL ME HOW CLEVER AND PUNNY I AM!

Ahh, had this idea for a long time now, glad to finally put it to writing.

PreviousChapters Next