• Published 3rd Aug 2018
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

The Sad Tale of Chrysalis - Creativa-Artly01



Chrysalis wasn't always evil. She had a heart of gold at one point. This is her story.

  • ...
 3
 432

Chapter 5-In Search of a Legend

After morning feeding ends, Coocoona returns to her book about Moatha to try and find answers to help her mother. After hours of reading and research, she finds a viable lead. “It is said,” reads Coocoona, “that Moatha still lives in the chaos castle in the Everfree with her mother, father, and Discord.” Coocoona takes to the form of a fly and sneaks out of the hive. She then flies straight towards the Everfree and soon comes across the old chaos castle, rickety and seemingly abandoned. She lands and takes to her pony form and enters the palace. There she starts calling out. “Hello, hello, is any pony around? I’m looking for the great changeling sorceress Moatha.” A voice soon answers her.

“I am she and I’ve been awaiting your arrival, Coocoona, daughter of Chrysalis, my father Mothball’s little sister,” responds the voice. The form flies out of the shadows and with the given approval, Coocoona returns to her changeling form.

“I’m here searching for a way to restore my mother’s heart,” says Coocoona timidly. “She is getting worse, more unhinged every single day.”

“I see,” responds Moatha. “Restoring a heart is not a spell on record, at least not here. We are going to need to travel to the Crystal Empire for that. Luckily the royals there are friends.”

“Then by all means, let’s go, I’ll do anything to help save my mother and her sanity,” responds Coocoona. The two then take flight towards the Crystal Empire in the forms of Pegasus ponies. After several days of flight, the two land and begin their ascent towards the castle, now in the forms of polar ice bears. Once at the castle on the summit, the two revert to their earth pony forms and knock on the door. Soon, they are greeted by none other than the Prince and Captain of the Guard, Shining Armor himself.

“You two must be freezing, please come in,” Shining says with a kind smile. The two mares nod and follow him inside. There, they are brought before Princess Cadence.

“I know who you are and why you are here, Moatha and Coocoona. You can undisguise yourselves. Mothball and Screwball gave us a heads up that you were coming.” The two how their heads and their disguises fade away returning them to their changeling forms.

“Thank you for the warm welcome,” respond the changeling mares. “We are in search of a heart restoration spell and we think it may be in your library and archives.”

“Well, Shining can take you there, I have some work to do at the orphanage,” responds Cadence. She then flies off and Shining escorts the changeling pair to the library and its archives where they get to work searching for the fabled heart restoration spell.

Several months of arduous searching later, the two find something. “Heart Restoration Spell,” read the pair.

“This is it! We found it!” Squeals an ecstatic Coocoona. They thank the Crystal Empire royals and return to Equestria proper. Moatha accompanies Coocoona and the spell back to the changeling hive where they show the spell to Chrysalis. Chrysalis looks at them dumbfounded.

“So it is true, the spell really exists!” Says the queen in shock.

“Yes, the Crystal Empire had it under lock and key all these years,” responds Coocoona.

“I’m surprised Cadence was on board with this after what I did to her, I guess is all,” responds Chrysalis, “now what are you waiting for? Cast the spell!” The pair nod and begin chanting the spell.

“Restore the lost. Mend the heart. Restore what’s broken, gone. Restore the heart. Make the change. Heartless no longer. Whole once more. Cora, Cora, Corazon. Corazon returned, restored. Heart for the heartless, whole once more!” And with the end of that chant, Chrysalis feels a change overcome her and she begins to transform as her heart re-enters her body. As it does so, she returns to her old state yet more radiant and lovely. All the holes, gone. Mane and tail back to their beautiful aqua turquoise color. Her wings back to their heart shape and jade green color. Her gorgeous opal gems on her crown and chest reform into splendid heart shapes. She is whole once more. She looks at herself in shock and awe before flying over and embracing her daughter and Moatha in a great big hug.

“Glad to have you back, fully back, mom,” says Coocoona as she hugs her mother.

“And I’m glad to be back. I feel whole, fulfilled, loved, like truly loved,” responds Chrysalis. “And it’s all thanks to you, my darling girl.”

“I have to leave soon, gran,” says Moatha. “But I’m glad I could help you out.”

“Sure thing,” says Chrysalis as she lets go of Moatha, “just tell your father that I miss him and hope to see him again someday. Tell him I’ve truly changed this time.”

“Will do,” says Moatha. She then flies out of the hive and returns home to her parents at the chaos castle. There, she hugs her parents and tells Mothball what Chrysalis told her to tell him. “Your mother misses you, daddy, and she also says she is sorry for ever hurting you and Screwball. She asks for your forgiveness. She’s changed. She’s no longer heartless. It’s true.”

“How do you know that?” Asks Mothball curious at this statement.

“We found the fabled heart restoration spell,” responds Moatha, “me and your baby sister, Coocoona did.”

“Well, I’m glad mom’s changed, it’s just gonna take time for me to forgive her still,” sighs Mothball. “But at the same time, I’m glad your home. Your mother and I both are.” Mothball and Screwball embrace their daughter in a hug. Hopefully someday her father will forgive his mother. Hopefully, hooves crossed.

Comments ( 1 )

Huh... I was gonna say YAY! Someone else had this idea and did something with it... Then I saw the post dates 9n the chapters. You had this idea WAY longer than I did lol.

Login or register to comment