• Published 3rd Aug 2018
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

The Sad Tale of Chrysalis - Creativa-Artly01



Chrysalis wasn't always evil. She had a heart of gold at one point. This is her story.

  • ...
 3
 432

Chapter 2: Mother Issues

Two hundred years ago, a now Queen Chrysalis rules the changeling kingdom, but still with some mother issues in tow. Her friend, Tenneth, now captain of her changeling army. "Tenneth," says Chrysalis to the captain, "how are our little spies in Canterlot and The Crystal Empire doing?"

"Neither set of spies has been caught," responds Tenneth, "and hopefully it stays that way, your majesty."

"Good, good," cackles Chrysalis, cracking a smile. She then whispers to herself, "mom would approve."

Five hundred years back, a young Chrysalis goes out with her mother on a special undercover assignment. "What are we doing exactly, mother?" asks Chrysalis.

"It's called scouting, my little pupa," responds her mother. "Now shut up and turn into your disguise." Chrysalis nods and does what her mother says. She turns into an earth pony named Rose Petals. Her mother turns into a unicorn pony named Tulip Dreams. The two then march into the city of Canterlot, no one noticing that they're not actually ponies. As the two stroll through the city, Chrysalis looks around her in awe. Her mother, on the other hand, is very annoyed at her. "Stop staring around at everything, it'll give you away," her mother says harshly.

"Oh, sorry," responds Chrysalis, "it's just oh so different from the hive."

"Hush," responds her mother. "Shut up or you're going to give us away!"

The two then soon reach their location and fade into the crowds, simulating amongst the other ponies in the city. A few minutes later, they slip away and towards the palace. There, they sneak inside and start spying on the young princesses, whose parents have since passed on.

"I'm so sorry," whispers Chrysalis to herself. After all, Celestia and Luna are still her friends, even though they don't truly know her as Chrysalis.

Meanwhile, back in present day, Chrysalis is taking her daughter, Cocoona, on her very first scouting assignment. As they fly, Cocoona continues to ask her mother questions. "How bad did things get between you and grandma?" asks Cocoona curiously.

"It got bad. She'd abuse me mentally and physically. She didn't know how to raise a princess and a future queen. She ripped my heart out to make me bend to her will after all. That's not how mothers should be," responds Chrysalis with a sigh.

"You'd never tear out my heart, would you mother?" asks Cocoona.

"No, of course not, my pupa," responds Chrysalis. "Now let's get into our disguises." Cocoona nods and turns into a pegasus mare named Faded Lily while Chrysalis turns into a pegasus mare named Morning Daze. The two soon land and begin scouting out Ponyville with Chrysalis keeping a special eye on the unicorn mare, Starlight.

"Mom, why are you spying on that unicorn?" asks Cocoona confused.

"Because, she's the most powerful one there is," responds Chrysalis. "And that's a threat to our rule."

"How exactly?" responds Cocoona.

"Just hush," snaps Chrysalis, almost making Cocoona cry. The two then get back to scouting. All the while, Cocoona keeps her mouth shut so her mother won't snap at her again.

After several hours, the two finish up scouting for the day and return to the hive. There, Chrysalis explains some key details of scouting to her daughter. "The main parts of scouting are staying quiet, staying covert," says Chrysalis to her daughter, "do you understand?"

"Yes, sorry mother," responds Cocoona. She then flies off to bed for the night.

A few minutes later, Tenneth comes up next to the queen. "You need to be more gentle with your daughter, she's a sensitive little thing. Fragile."

"I don't need your help raising my child," snaps Chrysalis.

"It's just, you're doing to her what your mother did to you," responds Tenneth. "Just take it down a bit."

"Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. Tenneth, this is why you're my captain...and my best friend," responds Chrysalis. She then gives Tenneth leave and he flies off. Chrysalis then goes and apologizes to her daughter for snapping at her. She then tucks in her daughter and then leaves the room.

Once out of her daughter's room, Chrysalis goes and sits in the throne room. She then begins to cry. "I'm such a disappointment to my daughter. She deserves better than me. So much better than me."

"That's not true, your highness," responds one of the throne room guards named Maggot.

"Agreed," responds the other guard, Venus.

"You can still be the example your daughter needs," adds the guard Flytrap.

"Thanks," responds Chrysalis. "That was just the pickup I needed." She then leaves the throne room and goes into her mom's old throne room which has since been covered in dust. She then lets out a sigh, "I'm going to be different than you as I raise my daughter to be the next queen. That much I swear!" She slams the throne into the wall and it shatters, pieces flying every which way. She then does the same with her mother's crown. "You'll no longer have hold over me!" Screams Chrysalis. "It's time that I forget you completely and make my daughter do the same!" Chrysalis then, now thoroughly exhausted, falls asleep on the floor amongst all the shattered throne and crown pieces. Tomorrow, her new way of raising her daughter will take affect. Chrysalis promises herself that much at least.