• Published 3rd Aug 2018
  • 432 Views, 3 Comments

The Sad Tale of Chrysalis - Creativa-Artly01



Chrysalis wasn't always evil. She had a heart of gold at one point. This is her story.

  • ...
 3
 432

Chapter 1: I Was Good Once

It was just a day at the hive when Chrysalis got a tug at her leg from her daughter, the future queen, current changeling princess, Coocoona. "Momma," asks Coocoona, "have changelings always been evil?"

"No," responds Chrysalis, "I suppose it's time to tell you my story." She lets out a sigh. "I was good once. I used to have a heart. It was your grandma that ripped it out of me, literally. Before that, I had a good life. I'd spend my free time freely flying through the Everfree, swimming in the waterfall. No one was scared of me. In fact, the woodland creatures were my closest friends, especially a little cockatreese whom I named Crypt. We'd always play together and have a blast. One day, however, things changed. Mom got word of a new city settlement. It was called Canterlot. Mom then told me to go undercover and scout it out, and I, being terrified of her, agreed. Once in Canterlot, I got into my disguise. I took the form of a unicorn mare with a ladybug cutie mark named Lady Bird. I then got a job at the Canterlot palace, all the while keeping my cover. I soon learned that Canterlot was being ruled by two winged unicorns, alicorns the ponies called them. Their were two adult ones and two fillies. The queen was named Galitae and the king was named Cosmos. The fillies were called by the names Celestia and Luna. I soon grew close to the two fillies and was soon hired as a royal filly sitter. A few years later, after the princesses got their cutie marks and their parents died, I returned to the hive and was happily greeted by mom. It was all a facade though because upon my return she ripped out my heart. She then crowned me queen and stepped down from the throne. She then tutored me, mentored me. She also taught me the spell on how to rip out hearts myself, which I did to all the changelings I hatched. From then on, they were heartless, we were all heartless, I was heartless. However, I still maintained my friendships from the Everfree Forest despite my new lack of heart."

Several years ago in Canterlot, a young disguised Chrysalis starts her first day at the castle as the Royal filly sitter. "Hello, your majesties," says Lady Bird. "I'm the Royal foal sitter you hired." Chrysalis gulps. "I can't wait to see little Celestia and Luna. Are they around today?" She soon hears a giggle come from behind Queen Galitae's legs. She then chases the two little princesses and a game of tag begins between the three, them laughing all the while. The three, later, then went to the carnival and out for ice cream. They were out for hours before returning to the castle. Once back at the castle, the two princesses turned in for the night and Chrysalis returned to her room and hopped into her coocoon to sleep for the night.

The next morning, a young Chrysalis took back on her Lady Bird disguise and went and got the princesses in the Royal hall from their parents once again. Their parents then went off to their first meeting of the day with the Saddle Arabian royalty. Chrysalis then took the young princesses to a traveling magic show. The two fillies had a blast, clapping and laughing at all the tricks. "I was getting close to the royals and that was sure to get me praise from mom as well as several opportunities to invade from mom as well in the future. I couldn't help but feel proud of myself. Mom, herself, could never get that close to the princesses."

A few weeks later, Chrysalis takes the Royal princesses to the firework show, which the two thoroughly enjoy. This is also when Chrysalis sees the two meet Discord for the first time, when they find him in a bush and present him with some ice cream and cotton candy, which he happily downs. He then thanks them with some pinwheels that he creates out of thin air. He then joins them for the rest of the fireworks, while Chrysalis looks on in disgust. "Hey Lady Bird," asks Celestia after the firework show, are you going to be our filly sitter forever?"

"Umm," responds Chrysalis, sweat dropping from her forehead. "I sure hope to, little one."

"Well, we hope you do," respond Luna and Celestia in unison.

"Me too," lies Chrysalis. "Me too."

A few hours later, they return to the castle with Discord in tow. The princesses then hide Discord in their room, under their bed. The three, tired from all the excitement, then fall fast asleep. Back in her room, Chrysalis hops into her coocoon and falls asleep. Tomorrow is another day with the princesses, this time to the beach. She can't wait.

The next day, Chrysalis, Discord, and the princesses do the beach and have a blast. Even Chrysalis can't help it but have fun. It's the most fun she's had in a longtime. They even do snow cones. If her mom found out, however, she knows she'd be hung by the throat.

"How is that possible?" Asks Coocoona confused. "Are we still heartless?"

"I, I don't know," responds Chrysalis, "honestly. And yes, we are still heartless. I never learned how to reverse mom's spell. Now back to the story. Not long after the first set of hatchlings grew up, I took on a new disguise and returned to Canterlot once again. This time, I took on the form of a Pegasus with a raindrop cutie mark named Rain Dancer. I then lived their for several months until I got word of an upcoming royal wedding of a certain Princess Mi Amoré Cadenza. I knew that was the chance I was waiting for. I soon found the princess and switched places with her like a Freaky Friday sort of situation and posed as her to get close to her fiancé Shining Armor and soon to be sister in law, Shining's little sister and Celestia's favorite pupil, Twilight Sparkle. It worked to. All except on that little brat, Twilight Sparkle. She saw right through my facade. Her friends, however, were the most gullible. After all, I made them bridesmares. What mare wouldn't want to be the bridesmare of a princess after all? I would never turn that down and neither did her stupid, idiotic friends. My plan was working and soon, I'd have the captain of the guard under my control for good. Unfortunately, Twilight saved Cadance and then got her to Shining and blasted me into oblivion. I swore my revenge after that. I then did it again three years later, but replaced all the Mane Six and Princesses to get at Starlight, and once again, it blew up in my face because of Thorax, Trixie, and Discord. How I kept failing, I couldn't understand at the time. Now I do."