• Published 21st Aug 2018
  • 829 Views, 11 Comments

DayBreaker's Fall, Celestia's Rebirth - KnuxChangeling



DayBreaker is the one who wants day eternal, Luna wants balance.

  • ...
1
 11
 829

Chapter 5: Banishment of the Sun

Luna crashed into the pedestal that contained the Elements of Harmony, the chest falling and the gems tumbling out. They clinked to the ground, a few inches away from Luna who was laying on the floor with burn marks all over. DayBreaker was stronger than she though, using the heat in the room to her advantage. It was like pouring gasoline and sparking the liquid. DayBreaker was suddenly upon Luna, hooves just missing the elements. The alicorn of fire didn't even notice the elements.

"Let Doctor DayBreaker take care of those burns", DayBreaker said lighting her horn, "Let me put you out of your misery."

Luna lit her horn as well and met DayBreaker's beam of scorching fire with one of water. The beams were both struggling against each other, Luna losing ground. She lost even more ground when she looked at DayBreaker and saw........Celestia. Her big sister was there as she used to be. The regal and protective and nice sister that was always there when you needed a listening ear, or a shoulder to cry on. Luna's eyes widened a bit as she beheld what used to be her sister and her beam started to weaken. Only when the heat of the beam made it to her horn did she snap out of it.

"AHAHAHA LOOSING STEAM LUNA", dayBreaker shouted.

Luna grunted in exertion as Celestia burned away, replaced by the angered alicorn that was trying to end her. Luna shouted as the heat became unbearable.

"You're weak", DayBreaker hissed, getting closer, "Just like Celestia. You lack a clear mind and you just lack power. That's what I want, power. You will never be as good as you think you are. You are nothing."

Luna scowled and put more energy into her beam, standing up to DayBreaker.

"Nay, it is you who lack the clear mind", Luna said, her gaze never wavering, "It is you who shall be banished!"

DayBreaker didn't expect Luna to punch her in the muzzle. DayBreaker stumbled back and her own beam of magic weakened slightly. That was enough for Luna to put more energy into her horn and take out the beam of flame. DayBreaker shouted in pain and staggered back even more as she touched her smoking horn. The water beam that Luna had produce shot the fire back into DayBreaker's horn and put the fire out. Now DayBreaker was angry and hurt. She stomped her hooves on the ground, cracking it, and shouted in rage.

"LUNA YOU WILL DIE",DayBreaker shouted.

"Not today sister", Luna said.

Luna was up, the Elements surrounding her. DayBreaker's eyes widened as her horn charged.

"No no", DayBreaker shouted, firing a blast of fire at the Lunar Alicorn.

The beam had no effect, as the shield that surrounded Luna made the beam bounce back toward DayBreaker. The fiery alicorn dodged, only singing the armor on her wings. Luna walked forward, the six-pointed star gem moving toward the center, in front of her horn. DayBreaker scowled and blasted a hole in the roof, flying up and out. Luna was after her with a few beats of her wings, the elements still around her.


DayBreaker tried to lose Luna through the many towers above the castle but she was cut off at every escape route. Luna's face was expressionless, but if one looked closely, her eyes were shining with unshed tears. DayBreaker then whirled on Luna and fired the mother of all beams toward Luna. The beam was so large, that it took out almost all of the surrounding towers and most of the castle below it. Luna just charged up her horn and started the firing sequence. Tears finally slid free from her eyes as she looked one last time at what was her sister. This angry, twisted alicorn with a lust for blood, her blood.

"Good-bye sister", Luna whispered as she fired.

The rainbow colored beam shot toward DayBreaker's beam of fire and swallowed it whole. DayBreaker still pushed back, trying to push back the Beam of Harmony, but her eyes narrowed as the beam just got closer and closer.

"NOOOOOOOO", DayBreaker shouted, as the beam enngulfed her and shot off toward the moon. The moon was going to keep her hostage and keep her powers in check. Sending her to the sun would only increase the mad alicorn's power further. There was a flash and then, a picture of a sleeping mare appeared on the moon, with a hint of a yellowish-orange aura. Luna landed in the destroyed throne room, letting the Elements clink to the ground.

Luna slumped to the ground afterwards and wailed in anguish. Tears poured from her eyes and she slammed her hooves on the ground. Her sister, her loving sister, was gone. Luna looked up at the moon and kept crying. Suddenly, she heard whispers. They were whispers of comfort, saying that Celestia wasn't going to be gone forever. One day, her sister will return and she will be saved. Luna looked at the Elements of Harmony and was shocked. The Elements were glowing, that was the source of the whispering. She felt their love and comfort wash over her and she was able to calm down just enough to call the guards.

Luna had work to do to readjust the kingdom to a sole princess, and to rebuild the castle. This will be a lot of work. Luna turned one last time to the moon and smiled softly.

"Until we meet again sister", Luna whispered before walking away.

Comments ( 2 )

Short, but an awesome fight

9268508
Yes yes that's what I was going for.

Login or register to comment