• Published 21st Aug 2018
  • 828 Views, 11 Comments

DayBreaker's Fall, Celestia's Rebirth - KnuxChangeling



DayBreaker is the one who wants day eternal, Luna wants balance.

  • ...
1
 11
 828

Chapter 2: Disturbing Dream

From somewhere in the castle, Luna raised the moon while Celestia lowered the sun from her room. Luna sighed as she sat, looking at her surroundings. She was in the dining hall eating her dinner alone. Celestia decided to barricade herself in her room. Luna didn't mind much so she sat in silence while she ate, she didn't want to hear the nonsense about a day lasting longer than it has to.

Soon enough, it was time for Luna to monitor dreams. She entered her room and laid on her bed, her horn igniting in a soft blue hue. She closed her eyes and the darkness from closing them fell away into the dream realm. It still fascinated Luna to this day. The dream realm was like a hive mind but every pony was their own being. Orbs floated around her as she floated in the vast light blue expanse. These orbs were the dreams of every pony she could have her magic come in contact with. One would say it was all of Equestria, but no.

Luna floated there for a moment, looking for a nightmare that she would have to help some pony out of, but fortunately, there where none. Luna breathed a sigh of relief until she felt a brush of heat skim her side. She turned to look at the source of the heat to find her sister's orb, usually the same coloration as her mane. The orb was no longer the pastel rainbow it was, it was....orange. It was the orange of a raging flame. Luna reached out with her magic and touched the orb. The dream realm faded away and what stood before her was the throne room. Luna looked around and saw her sister sitting upon it with a look of distaste.


"So little sister", Celestia said, seeming to not see Luna standing off to the side, "You decide to not listen. I shall take matters into my own hooves."

Luna watched as another...her...came into the room. The other Luna looked frustrated and tired and just straight up done with her older sister's crap. Celestia grinned, not her motherly grin that she usually wore, but a grin that promised violence.

"I'm so glad that you could make it LuLu", Celestia said, her voice dripping with mock respect.
'
"I am through talking about this Celestia", the other Luna said, "I am here to ask you to step down for a while to clear your head."

"Step down", Celestia asked, her eyes widening slightly. She then laughed and spread her wings.

"I will not step down from my throne. I will be the one and only princess from here on out sister."

The other Luna rolled her eyes and rubbed her face with a hoof.

"I don't want to play this game sister", the other Luna said, "You just need some time away from royal duties. I will handle them until you can think straight."

Celestia laughed again then charged her horn. The aura was the same golden yellow color as before but there was something different with it. Celestia fired a beam at the other Luna, leaving a small crater. The other Luna dodged just in time, shock written clear as day across her face. Celestia charged her magic again, her golden aura being overtaken by a dark red orange aura that was more rugged and electric.

"I WILL REIGN SUPREME AS THE TRUE RULER OF EQUESTRIA", Celestia shouted as flames enveloped her.

Both Luna's watched in shock as the pony formerly known as Celestia burned away. A new alicorn was born, one with a mane and tail of flames, red orange armor on her chest and wings. She had matching hoof shoes and helmet. The helmet had a blood red diamond on the front that seemed to glow with a power all its own. The sun outside seemed to glow brighter in response to the Sun Princess' transformation. It glowed an angry orange and seemed to pulsate with power. The new alicorn's eyes opened, revealing orange eyes with flame shaped pupils. The alicorn laughed, revealing a serated grin that would give Luna a run for her bits.

"C-Celestia", both Luna's breathed, not believing what they were seeing.

"Celestia", the alicorn asked, "I am not Celestia. I am DayBreaker, the most powerful ruler in all of Equestria! Soon to be the ONLY ruler of Equestria."

The other Luna barely dodged the beam of scorching hot sun that came after that statement. There were burn marks from the beam and a nasty burn across the other Luna's back right leg. She winced as DayBreaker landed in front of her. DayBreaker leaned in to the other Luna.

"I don't need you little sister", DayBreaker said, her voice rough but silky smooth.

Her horn charged and fired upon the other Luna, reducing her to nothing but ashes that were soon blown away on a phantom wind. DayBreaker walked back up to her throne, sitting upon it. The flowers lining the sides of the grand room burst into flames as DayBreaker laughed in victory. DayBreaker had won.


Luna gasped and pulled herself back from the orb, looking at it in fear. She couldn't believe what she had just seen. Her own sister wanted to destroy her and take the throne for herself. Luna shook her head. No, that wasn't her sister. That was....DayBreaker. Her sister would never do that to her. Never. Luna took a deep breath and continued with her nightly duties. She would probably talk to Celestia about this in the morning, if she had the guts to do so that is. All the while, it still nagged at the back of her mind that she saw her sister, no, DayBreaker, in the flesh. This was going to be an issue.

Luna faded back into the dream realm, the beauty of it bringing her some form of comfort. It always did. The peace and quiet and the twinkling of a million souls dreaming. There were still some that disturbed her, but nevertheless, she always enjoyed her realm. She decided to let the peace envelop her for this night before the storm she knew was coming tomorrow.