• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 44,315 Views, 5,459 Comments

The Humble Prince - Lighting Ace



A man wakes up to find he's inhabiting the body of a cartoon horse who wasn't exactly Mister Popular, judging from how shocked the locals are when he says things like 'please' and 'thank you'.

  • ...
190
 5,459
 44,315

PreviousChapters Next
Surprise Sleepover! (Edited By NS And BS )

"Here you go! Have a nice day!" Pinkie eagerly waved goodbye to yet another customer before cleaning the counter with a piece of cloth when the sound of the bell rang, announcing the arrival of another customer. "Welcome to Sugar Cube Corner, how can I…." She paused when she saw a white stallion in good shape, with a rainbow afro, thick sunglasses, pink mustache, and a blue t-shirt that read "I'm not Blueblood" written on it as he made his way to the counter and started scratching his chin inspecting the treats on display "…help you?" Pinkie looked at the stallion with some suspicion before smiling and chuckling, shaking her head. "Bluey, that is by far your worst disguise."

"No, it isn't!" Blueblood suddenly answered from behind her, startling the poor mare who jumped back, landing on the other side of the corner as the Prince in question walked out of the kitchen with a big grin on his face. "Is this one!" He proclaimed with pride, showing her a paper mask of his face before putting it away in his saddlebag while laughing at her reaction.

"B…Bluey? But then who is…." She points at the Prince before turning to the other stallion, only to notice the transparent strings connected to a pallet being levitated by Blueblood's spell. "Nice double, right? A triple fake-out! Rather than me as a puppet, it's me, but not me, poorly pretending to be some pony else puppet! no one ever sees that one coming!" Blueblood explained with pride while walking away from the counter and shrinking the puppet to put it away as Pinkie processes what just happened.

"Sorry if I startled you. I just thought you might like this little surprise to start our sleepover. And don't worry about work, I already talked with the cakes, and if it's ok with you. You can take the rest of the day off." Blueblood confirmed, and Pinkie, who now recovered from the shock, gasped and started to grin from ear to ear for a moment before pulling him and his creation into a strong bear hug while waving the two from one side to the other.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! It's happening! It's finally happening! The ultra duper fantastic sleepover!"

"I…take that as a yes then?" the Prince tried to chuckle and smile while also recovering the breath she was squeezing out of his lungs.

Rather than answer, she let him go with a gasp. "We are so gonna need snacks!" She announced suddenly and rushed back to the kitchen, where she became an absolute blur of motion centered around the oven. Blueblood, meanwhile, stood up, recovering from her solid, vice-like grip, as Mr. Carrot approached him with a chuckle. "Ah, that Pinkie Pie, always full of energy, I still can't believe she has never had a colt/ filly sleepover before, for how much she loves parties, I thought for sure she at least would have gone to one." He commented, looking back at the Prince.

"Yeah, it was quite the surprise for me too." the Prince nodded a couple of times. "Don't worry. I promise that we will be as quiet as possible while we stay in her party cave."

"Nah, don't worry about it. She anticipated all the noise that her antics would cause and never wanting to give clues to potential birthday parties. Pinkie made that place soundproof years ago, so feel free to make as much noise as you want." Mr. Carrot waved his hoof dismissively. "Are you sure you can handle it, your highness? She can get a bit intense, especially if faced with a party she has never had before."

"Trust me. She can't hold a candle to some of the meetings I have been forced to attend in the past." The comment made Carrot cringe, and he looked at the Prince in shock. "Wow, didn't know that the life of royalty could get that chaotic."

"Eh, we all face a different beast in our jobs. I bet this place isn't exactly quiet during rush hour, is it?" Blueblood smirked back, and they shared a laugh soon after. "You got me there, lad, and well, if you think you can handle it. Then I hope you two have as much fun as you like."

"Oh, you know it, I plan to give her the best first boy/girl sleepover ever." He pressed his hoof against his chest, making Carrot smile and nod, before looking back to the kitchen watching Ms. Cake try to help Pinkie prepare everything for the day ahead for the Prince and the party planner. Once again, neither noticed the Prince's shadow springing to action and poking Mr. Cake's shadow without anyone seeing, causing him to look at the Prince with curiosity.

"Say, lad, you seem pretty happy and eager to hang out with Pinkie. By chance, is there something else going on?"

"Well, of course."

"Oh?"

"I also want her to help me with some advice for an important meeting I will be attending very soon." He then motioned for the baker to get closer in order to whisper. "Between us, I want to see if I can convince her to share some of her cake recipes. I want to surprise my aunts with a homemade cake one of these days."

"What?"

"Oh hey, Pound and Pumpkin! Been a while." Blueblood lit up when he saw the kids playing in a corner, and he decided to approach the two.

"Wait, lad, that's not what I…." He stopped when he saw the Prince chuckle and play with his kids as Pumpkin latches onto his hooves once more. "…meant"

"Looks like you still remember me, don't you, Pumpkin?" He kept playing with them, waiting for Pinkie and making Mr. Carrot start to chuckle while shaking his head.

Huh, would you look at that? Maybe he really will be able to handle her after all.

At that time, back in Canterlot

"The coast is clear, your highness," One of her Thestrals informed the Lunar Princess as she stepped out of the carriage and marched forward with an intense glare. "Good, what did the staff say?"

"Nothing we don't already know, my Princess, they had no idea, and their alibis checked out. As far as they knew, their boss worked alone and even fooled them. We almost were fooled as well. He made a slip, though, and we found the evidence. It is as you suspected."

Deciding not to waste any time after speaking with Blueblood's maids. Luna set her sights on the auction house and the list of participants. It was, luckily, easy to eliminate suspects. More than half were mares, so taking them out of the equation took care of three-quarters of the attendees. Then picking only the pegasi left her with five suspects remaining. Of which, only three were in Blueblood's circle of friends—leaving just one with a military and sports background.

With all the evidence piling up, including how the stallion also tended to jog at night and was spotted backstage the day the Prince obtained his new armor. Princess Luna had more than enough circumstantial evidence to issue a warrant which put the final nail in the coffin.

Making her way through to a secret room behind a wardrobe, she and her guards were greeted by a sight that set her blood to boil. Lab equipment was at the far end of the room, along with prototypes and parts for a ballista, a freezer, and ground sleep rock. Behind them was a corkboard with weather patterns and sketches of a window and time to shoot a single arrow to the exact point needed.

"From a moving cloud with zero visibility, a perfect hit in one of the armored suits eye slits, accounting for wind velocity, a window to pierce and not crack and from an 800 yards distance." A Thestral listed looking at the records and plans "This was an impossible shot. No one could hit the target with so many insane factors."

"No one except one that has been dubbed the ultimate archer all over and outside of Equestria," Luna replied with a glare looking to the side where a multitude of archery trophies were placed. She had all the proof she would ever need in front of her. Sharp Shooter was the one that ended her nephew's life. Not only that, but according to what she was looking for, this was just the start as he seemed to have marked the mane six as well, circling Applejack as the next target if he had succeeded with his plan.

"Where is he now?" Luna demanded, glaring daggers at the cord board, fighting to stay as calm and collected as possible.

"In the Crystal Empire, your highness."

"What?!" She exclaimed in horror, turning to look at his guard. "According to his butler, he went there not too long ago to explore Princess Cadence's emotional spectrum and propose a new non-lethal weapon to grant to the public."

Luna bolted out of the room as fast as she could and started issuing commands left and right, to send a squad to arrest the infamous noble, to get ready to restrain him if things turned violent, and to prepare the chariot for her to pick up her sister and then head to the empire themselves.

Once outside and with all the necessary orders issued, she closed her eyes and ignited her horn to contact her sister.

Tia! It's me. I figured it out! It was Sharp Shooter! He is the killer. My guards are securing his home now! We got him.

She waited patiently for a reply, starting to get more and more anxious when no message returned.

Tia? Tia! Answer me! What is happening!

She eventually received a reply, but her questions increased when the first thing that came from her sister was a tired groan

…not so loud Luna…I was having such a nice dream too. What is it?

Tia didn't you hear a single thing I just said?! I found Blueblood's killer! It…

Aha…that is nice, have fun. Celestia lazily dismissed her concern and then yawned. It was scaring the poor Lunar Princess to no end.

TIA, WHAT IN EQUESTRIA IS HAPPENING TO YOU?!

Augh! So annoying! You should relax more, Lulu…why don't you join me at the spa? Dip your hoofs in the jacuzzi. The water feels divine against your hooves.

Ending the link, the Princess remained frozen in place, not believing what her sister had just said. Her biggest fear had been realized. Crossfire Tempo was working together with her old partner in the academy, and now they have captured her sister.

"Your highness, everyone is ready. Just give the order." One guard approached and saluted, snapping her to attention as she shook her head.

"Change of plans. I want a second squad with me and alert the elements. Tell them that my sister has been taken hostage and board the first train to Appleloosa as soon as they can! I will go ahead."

"Your highness?" The guard followed her in worry.

"Get a unicorn squad ready too. I'm afraid we have just underestimated a very dangerous foe."

Soon orders were done, issued, and soldiers were dispatched to their respective missions as Luna flew as fast as possible towards Appleloosa, some of her best soldiers headed to the crystal empire to apprehend a criminal, and one final squad was currently in route to Ponyville by train to fetch the Elements of Harmony when a female giggle caught their attention and put them on alert.

As the train entered a tunnel, the lights turned pink, and from the middle of the wagon, Scarlett appeared wearing a red cape, startling those closer to her. "My, my, a delicate and fragile lady surrounded by such fine examples of mares and stallions" She looked up, and they leveled their weapons at her when they noticed that her eyes were shining. "It's enough to work up an appetite. Please don't be scared, everypony." Scarlett smiled warmly, and with a wave of her hoof, their weapons turned into flowers that dropped to the floor as they saw her take out a book from her cape. "I'm only here to read you a story and invite you to a special party." She licked her lips and smirked wickedly as her shadow extended, revealing the silhouette of a dragon.

"Oh, where are my manners?! Everypony, allow me to introduce you to my good friend. Desire, the spirit of goals and wants."

"A pleasure." The shadow spoke, "So tell me, loyal, royal guardsponies, what did you love the most?"

The pair kept chuckling as the train exited the tunnel, only this time, all the wagons previously filled with royal guards were now empty save for bunches of flowers left behind.

Back at Ponyville, inside Pinkie's Party Cave

"You can't be serious." The Prince laughed as he and Pinkie shared a cider while playing a small board game in the middle of her cave.

"No, hear me out, I'm telling you it's a great idea. A party signal could be one excellent way to not only call me but other excellent party planners PLUS telling everyone that an incredible party will be happening soon."

He just kept laughing while shaking his head before cleaning one of his eyes from the forming tears. "I will…I will think about it."

Once the laughter died down, the Prince stared at his reflection in his mug. "Ok, Pinkie, how do you do it?"

"Do what, silly?"

"Keep everything so happy and energized? You are capable of turning the most mundane of things into a riot! I'm even jealous of how easy it is for you to keep everyone smiling and in an excellent mood."

"It's all about keeping a positive attitude and looking on the bright side of things."

He nodded a couple of times. "Will that be all it takes? Like, you think that would be enough to keep my meeting cheerful?"

"You are still worried about meeting the other Princes and Princesses?" Pinkie questioned, adopting a more worried tone as he merely nodded in confirmation. "Pinkie, it's more than just others that have a crown. I have met with those that quite possibly understand the pressures of holding the title 'prince.' I wish to connect with them because I think we will all have a lot in common, and not all of it is exactly jokes and smiles."

He turned to look at her. "So if there is a pony that knows how to keep everything cheerful, it would certainly be Ponyville's premier party planner extraordinaire! Please Pinkie Pie, teach me your ways."

She went quiet for a moment and closed her eyes as she took a sip from her cup. "What you ask will not be easy. It will require patience and dedication, young grasshopper. Do you think you have what it takes?"

"I do, Pinkie, just put me to the test."

"Hmm, I see potential. Ok! we will start immediately. First, we will go to the mountains, stare at the stars, eat nothing but the funniest of pies, and while lying on the ground questioning existence then, and only then would you be able to understand, the way of the laugh."

"Ah…I was thinking more of the crash course to be ready by next week."

"In that case, I would need a stereo, a whoopie cushion, and some tic-tacs." She amended in complete serenity.

"Ah, ok, I think I can get those."

"Good, now." She lifts her hoof, revealing a pie covered in whip cream. "Take this pie…and throw it at me, as funnily as you can!" She extended the pie neutrally, letting him know she was serious.

He could only blink in confusion before nodding and doing just that as they partook in the most bizarre training Desire had ever seen, laughing and having fun along the way.

Ok…this is weird, but as they say, desire doesn't need to make sense.

She smirked and got to work, poking at Pinkie's shadow once they decided to stop briefly to make more snacks.

"So Pinkie, do you think you could teach me how to make a couple of cakes?"

"Sure! No problem." She exclaimed with a smile. "I love teaching others, especially because it allows me to lick the cake and frosting bowl."

"Awesome! Thanks, I want to be ready for my Aunties' next birthdays. I thought they would love it if I could make them some homemade cakes with their favorite toppings!"

"Awww! That is so sweet!"

He's a highly considerate stallion. I wonder what kind of cake he would make for…Oh, I know what he could make me if he wanted?

What?

I bet it's chocolate, or strawberry, or lemon, or vanilla! Oh, do you think he could do the HMMMMMMM? Mysterious voice?

I don't...

Oh, who am I kidding? Of course, he could, he is so considerate, and friendly, and loves to party! It just makes me want to make him into…

Yes, he is something you would like to be more than friends with, isn't he?

Yeah, like ultra super duper friends!

Desire stopped cold, unsure of what was happening as Pinkie and Blueblood continued to work with her nuzzling his face on occasions and playing a little with the frosting.

Ah, what happened? Did my touch work or not?

Oh I think it worked just fine. I like him more now.

Oh, that is great! For a moment, I thought,…hey, wait a minute!"

PreviousChapters Next