• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 44,115 Views, 5,441 Comments

The Humble Prince - Lighting Ace



A man wakes up to find he's inhabiting the body of a cartoon horse who wasn't exactly Mister Popular, judging from how shocked the locals are when he says things like 'please' and 'thank you'.

  • ...
190
 5,441
 44,115

PreviousChapters Next
Angelic Solo (Edited by BS)

After closing all the remaining breaches, all of the mane six's counterparts gathered at the school lab for the final stages of their plan. "Everybody ready?" After inputting the coordinates in the computer, Sunset asked the group to pinpoint the island connected to Equestria.

"All set and ready, sugar cube," AJ replied while the others all nodded, minus Twilight, who was, at the moment, editing a text before sending it.

"Ok, now I'm ready," Twilight confirmed with a smile, looking at the rest.

"What were you doing, darling?" Rarity queried with a raised eyebrow.

"Just sending a text to Blueblood and Nefertiti telling them we were going ahead with our plan and, when they are ready, to bring any survivors here. Since it is the safest place. I tried calling, but it keeps sending me to voicemail."

"Oh my, I hope they're ok," Fluttershy voiced her concern while Pinkie dismissed it.

"Nah, they are probably fine and just have their hands full, keeping everyone calm." She said with a big grin. "Oh, I will throw the biggest party once this all ends."

"Which shouldn't take us too long anyway." Dash boasted confidently. "We just go there, do our thing, save the world, and come back easy peasy."

"I wouldn't be so confident if I were you, Rainbow Dash," Sunset warned with a concerned tune. "As I said, we are facing someone as powerful as Discord this time. This could easily be our most powerful foe yet, so everyone, keep your guard up at all times."

"That means you, sugar cube," AJ couldn't help but joke while looking at Dash.

"Yeah, yeah, I got...hey!"
AJ chuckled a little as Sunset activated the portal, and all of them walked in, armed with their pendants and ready for the fight of their lives. They were greeted by a sandstorm on the other side. The strong winds and sound of the portal covered any lesser sounds until the portal close, revealing the beeping sound of an alert ringing on one of the computers, alerting any who would notice to a massive discharge of magic happening periodically in the mall before exploding outward in waves that erased any lingering portals all over the city.

Sometime earlier


"No, Twilight, listen, I...yes, I know what they did...no. I didn't lose my mind...Twily, if I can...yes, I know what I'm doing...Twilight just...think of it as a friendship mission!...No! I'm not mocking you" Blueblood kept pacing back and forth with the phone on his ear, trying to calm a nearly hysterical Twilight on the other end, who started to have a very vocal panic attack after finding out what her cousin was planning. Sighing in defeat, the Prince pinched the bridge of his nose. "Twilight...please hand the earpiece to Pinkie."

She does that, and Blueblood can hear Rainbow Dash consoling the princess in distress. "Ok, Twilight, take five; just breathe in the paper bag."

"Hi again, Bluey! Thanks for finding the sirens for me. I was afraid they would start making prank calls without me." The party planner commented cheerfully, bringing a smile to the Prince's face as he chuckled.

"I would never let them do that, and I'm glad to hear you found Twilight and Rainbow Dash too. It really takes a weight off my shoulders, knowing almost all of you are reunited again."

"Me too! And I love the idea of making new friends! I can't wait to hear Sonny sing."

"Likewise, and I hope our guests of honor won't skip it." He finishes with a severe tone that the sirens can hear as Pinkie puts the device on speaker.

"Hearing how that traitor tries and fails singing without me? Don't worry; I will pay close attention." Adagio snidely commented.

"You know this is just a waste of time, right?. We are a package deal moron; you want our power? You need all of us," Aria added in frustration.

"And once you have proof of that, you better be ready to have something to offer us in exchange." Adagio finished with a vicious smile.

"We'll see," Blueblood countered with his own confidence as Pinkie put the device back to normal and took a few steps away.

"It's not like I don't trust you or anything, Bluey, but...are you sure of this plan? Twilight has a point; these three used to be particularly mean before. Are you sure Sonny would be ok once she has her singing voice again?"

"I'm sure of that, Pinkie; as a defender and proponent of second chances, I will vouch for her."

"Oh ok, then that is all I need to hear." the pink mare nodded. "If you trust her, then so do I."

"Thanks, Pinkie, it means a lot to me. For now, please put back the speaker."

"Oki Doki" She did so and returned to the group so Blueblood could make his announcement.

"Ok, everyone listening? You better take your seats. The show is about to begin." He instructed before returning to the music store where his counterpart was testing out a piano while Sonata was doing throat exercises with a glass of water in the middle of the stage.

"It's done; Adagio and Aria are listening." He announced before setting the phone down in the middle of the table.

"Let's get this over with. The sooner we finish this charade, the sooner we can discuss deals." Adagio quipped in irritation as she crossed her arms. In the dream realm, Pinkie had gathered everyone in the school gym, equipped the place with chairs, and set a stage with a fake Sonata in the middle so she could have enough acoustics.

"Don't expect us to go easy on you either, traitor. Do you want to whine about going solo? Let's see you try to hack it." Aria added her own two cents.
"Ok, you two, behave" The Prince was about to chastise them until his counterpart intervened.

"No! This is better; let them talk. We can use their comments as fuel." He reminded him and pointed at a Sonata who was glaring at her ex-companions, making the prince nod and get into position.

"Your phone better be broken because I swear I heard Bluepain starting to sound in stereo," Aria mentioned in fear and irritation.

Nefertiti had to suppress a chuckle and held a quick internal debate about whether she should tell them what was happening, deciding against it since this was Sonata's moment to shine.

"Ok, one last thing, after the first verse, I need your help to bring life to these instruments in this order using that fancy sword of yours," The student instructed, giving a list to Blueblood, who nodded and took the list while reading through it.

"I can do it, but how do we make them play the right tune?"

"From what I have seen and heard, chances are they will do it on their own; you just bring the magic; we will bring everything else. Ok, everyone in position."

"Hello!? Is anyone going to answer me?" Aria exclaimed, irritated from being ignored, which only continued as everyone got into position, and the student Blueblood indicated for Sonata to take a deep breath before queuing Sonata to start as he began keying out the piano accompaniment.

Slightly nervous, Sonata almost lost her mark and checked her lines before starting to sing.

~Long, Long time ago, I had my own tiny home~
~Was beautiful, lovable heaven~

The sirens could only scoff and roll their eyes with their arms crossed. "Pathetic," Adagio muttered in disinterest, catching Sonata's attention as she glared at her body.

~But they took me so far away~
~And stranded me in this strange new place,~
~But honey, now the turn is mine...~

Right on cue, the Prince unsheathed Llamrai pointed, and cast magic at the different instruments, which, just like his copy assured, played the correct tune to accompany Sonata and even summoned transparent copies behind her to act as background singers. All following the teen Blueblood's lead as he let loose on the piano. Sonata started to relax and smile, snapping her fingers with the tune and moving her hips accordingly, joining the audience in their gradual excitement.

~Devil made from hatred, sent from beloved~
~Look like magic's want to play, ok let's have some fun~
~ We've got lots to do, little errant gems; come to me on cloud nine.~
~To be the perfect Siren, a compromise must be signed ~

Both swords and gem fragments started to vibrate and emanate a gold and red aura, respectively, as Sonata looked back and glared at her ex companions

~You...~
~Told me what to do and what to say; I couldn't escape.~
~You...~
~Got to choose the ending of our fate. You put me astray~

Sonata closed her eyes, getting lost in the song as the gems jumped out of the bag and started to circle and fly around her as the music increased in force, as well as the magic waves energy emanating started to slip into the dream realm and tripped an alert in the radar on Twilight's computer.

~But Not Anymore!~
~ I'm In Control!~
~I have the stage; you can't turn the page~
~Now~
~All Eyes Are On Me~
~All Eyes On Me~

The dazzlers were left dumbfounded, and their jaws dropped as magic started to discharge and seemed only to be increasing as everyone began to sway with the song while the instruments took over momentarily. Sonata started to enjoy herself more and more, to the point of even doing a little dance as she lilted along with the music, her eyes still closed.

"This is it! This is her voice!" The Prince whispered to Nefertiti excitedly as things started falling into place.

"And this is just the intro; wait until you see this." Nefi turned off all the lights save for one spotlight on Sonata as she continues

~So many innocents, so many mistakes~
~But I'll atone for them and return to my perfect shape!~

The spectral backup singers helped Sonata with some parts of the song though she didn't seem to mind, entranced by the music and only focusing on her friends and ex-friends.

~First the worst, maybe third not as bad~
~So close, so I cannot wait~
~The dazzlers can't take me now, cause I got myself, new friends, ~

~You...~
~Say I wasn't good enough by myself; you dismiss my concerns!~

At that moment, the gems stopped spinning and remained static in mid-air, emanating red light from them

~You...~
~Took away my future and my shape, but now I will change!~

~Focus on me!~

With a burst of power, a wave washed over all of them, and the shards reassembled themselves into their original forms

~ I'll be all that they see.~
~ I'll make them sway, no, can't run away!~
~Now All Eyes On Me~

With a final burst of magic, the gems changed colors from a harsh, intense red to beautiful light purple. Llamrai started to vibrate, and when the Prince held it high, a gold aura sprung forth and enveloped the gems, increasing their power. Neither his copy nor Sonata realized it yet, as they were enjoying the music and exposing their hearts through it. Still, the force kept growing, encapsulating the entire mall and forcing all of Twilight's equipment into overdrive as both the sand monsters and other survivors trying to hide paid attention to all the commotion.

~Oh no, no-o-o babe!~
~he-e-ey...~

Suddenly everyone was transported underneath an ocean and stood on top of Sonata's head as she reverted to her siren form. In contrast, her other two former companions stood before them all. The royals quickly realized it was an illusion since they weren't drowning, and the teenager Blueblood was unaware with his eyes closed, too engrossed in playing the piano. The Siren put her fins together as she finally opened her eyes and stared at the gems and Adagio. Her singing took on a more melancholy tone.

~You...~
~ don't know what it's like to drown away in a puddle of shame.~
~And you...yes, you~

She glared at both of them and pointed at them with her fins

~Made me INSANE...~

She then took charge and swam upwards to the surface before breaching the surface. The gems gave chase and attached themselves to both her wrists and on top of her head as she transformed into a fairytale siren with a humanoid form, albeit blue and scaly skin, gills on the sides of her abdomen, razor-sharp teeth, long fin-like ears, pink fins acting as a tutu, and her mane turning a darker green that almost resembled the depths of the ocean.
The illusion ended, and Sonata was now adorned with a golden tiara and matching gauntlets with a ocean fined theme on them, and the gems shined proud and strong, as well as her finy ears and fishtail

~But not anymore!~
~ I'm In Control!~
~I have the stage; you can't turn the page~
~Now I take the first step~

"Encore, hit the beat, Blue!" She orders playfully as the teenage pianist only nods with a grin and does just that.

~Focus on me! (x2)~
~ I'll be all that they see.~
~ I'll make them sway, no, can't run away!~
~Now All Eyes On Me (x3)~

Hitting the final lyric, one last magical blast was discharged, and a massive wave destroyed all the sand monsters in the city and fried the circuits of the Twilight machine.

Once everything was over, the group could only clap and cheer for the newly remade Siren as Sonata took a proper bow and her body returned to normal, but the jewelry remained; the enchanted instruments lost their magic and settled to the floor while the copies of Sonata vanished.

"You did it, Sonata! You did it! You found your voice!" The Prince announced in excitement, "Look out, world! The sea angel lives!"

"I know! Did you see me? I was like, woosh! And then I could feel the music flowing all over my body and the gems, the GEMS, look at these things!" Sonata jumped in place before raising her arms to show them off. "It's like they're brand new! I feel...argh! I have no words; I feel overcharged now. I...I was a siren for a moment!"

"Heh... was there any doubt?" Teenager Blueblood spoke up with an arrogant tone before eyeing the royals. "With my glorious assistance, this would be the end result."

The mood was about to turn sour until he continued with a sigh and offered a genuine smile to Sonata. "The greatest of singers deserve the greatest of assistance, after all." He complimented her warmly and started to clap slowly. "Bravo, Miss Dusk, Bra..vo. Watching you perform makes me want to hear more of you on a soundstage."

The royals could only blink in astonishment as Sonata slowly grinned at him before rushing and pulling him into a bear hug, taking him off guard.

"And you! You helped me find it! You are more than just a great taco maker; thank you so much, Blueblood. Thank you, thank you!"

"O-ok, ok, I get it now. Stop with the hugging!" He complained, but Sonata didn't let go earning a chuckle from the royals

"Well, I'll be. Junior learned!" Nefi observed with pride, crossing her arms as they watched Blueblood put his hand on Sonata's face trying to wriggle free from the embrace, but she still didn't let him escape.

"Well, I wouldn't go that far just yet." The Prince replied with a small smile of his own.

"What do you mean?" Nefi turned to him with a raised eyebrow.

"The road of recovery and redemption is not easy; it takes time, patience, and trial and error. Yeah, he did the right thing, but it was also for his own benefit rather than out of a desire to help." He sighed with some pity. "He still thinks he has to prove himself to his aunts."

"Well, of course, he would still think like that. He is still learning the ropes for Bastet's sake; go easy on him and let him have the win. Credit where credit's due, right?"

"I know, I know, I should just be happy. I'm just worried for him; sure, he just made a friend, but everyone else might not so easily forgive him. Like me, there is a long road ahead for this poor Blueblood." The Prince closed his eyes and looked down in sorrow. "I wish there was more I could do for him."

Feeling a hand on his shoulder, he turned to see Nefi smiling at him while resting her hand on his shoulder. "Every cub has to leave the pack eventually, dear. I say you did more than enough; the rest is up to him, and from what I'm seeing, he just took one impressive first step. From here on out, it is all a matter of hope and faith that those two don't mingle with the wrong crowd again."

The Prince smiled and raised his head in time for them to hear the voice of Adagio once again. "Hello? Hello?! Can anyone talk to me already!?"

"Speaking of the wrong crowd," Blueblood strode forward and picked up the phone, taking advantage of the fact that Sonata and her Blueblood were distracted and turning off the speaker mode and camera. "Hi, Adagio. Did you and Aria enjoy the show?" He asked smugly and tilted the phone so Nefi could hear too.

"Ok, ok, you made your point, junior. Sonata can sing; why don't we skip the pretenses and talk business?" Aria spoke up in irritation.

"Business? Whatever do you mean, dear?" Nefi asked teasingly.

"Oh please, don't play coy with us. I know exactly what you are doing." Adagio growled out, anger evident in her tone. "And as much as I hate to admit it, you won. You took our most incompetent member and gave her a boost of power that defies all logic, so let's be rational here. Imagine what you can do with me if you could do all that with her."

"You mean us," Aria added in irritation.

"Yeah, whatever... us. You get the point, though. Three sirens are better than one, right Blueblood? So why don't we work on a deal? We can come up with an arrangement where everyone benefits.

Nefi covered the receiver and looked at Blueblood, aghast. "They can't be serious right now."

He only responded with a shrug. "You have to grant them this; they are no strangers to seizing an opportunity when they see one." He then smirked at her. "Do you want to mess with them?"

"I'm listening," Nefi matched his smirk in anticipation.

"Ok, watch this."

She removed her hand from the receiver to continue the talk with the remaining broken sirens. "Ok, Adagio, I'll humor you. Let's say we are interested. What do you have to offer? Or better yet, how would you even come back?"

"A siren's voice can do more than just hypnotize honey. Give us the proper boost, and I'm sure we could wake ourselves up, and once free, we could discuss possibilities. Just think about it, by joining forces, we would be unstoppable."

"Intriguing, yeah. Tell you what put Pinkie back on quickly, and I will get back at you."
The Siren complied, and Blueblood immediately asked the pink mare some things that caused Nefi to struggle not to laugh right then. Once done, Pinkie returned the device to Adagio.

"Ok, Adagio, you convinced me I will give you a boost of energy, but only if you do exactly what I tell you to do. Understood"

"Crystal"

"Good; first, head up on stage with Pinkie; I will tell you the instructions step by step.

"This better not take all day," Aria sighed.

"Oh, don't worry, it would only take a second," Blueblood said confidently as he and Nefi held their laughter before proceeding. "First, make a circle on the ground, medium size, with enough room for you and Aria to move around a little."

The sirens looked at one another, confused, but complied. Quickly moving chairs out of the way and using a stick to make a circle in the sand. While everyone else present gave them space, knowing what would happen.

"Done," Aria called out

"Good, now stand on the circle's edge facing one another."

"Aha," Adagio replied

"Put your right foot inside the circle."

"Done"

"Now, the left one."

"O...k?" They both entered the circle

"Now, the right one out again."

"What kind of ritual is this?" Aria questioned as they kept doing what they were instructed.

"A pony one, I bet; just shut up and do as he says," Adagio chastised.

"Ok, ready?"

"Ready"

"Do as I say; you put your right foot in."

"Aja"

"You put your right foot out."

"yep"

"you put your right foot in..."

They rolled their eyes and repeated the process. "Done," Adagio said in irritation.

"And now you shake it all around."

"Ok, we are shaking it, and hey, wait a minute!" Aria finally realized what they were doing, and the two blushed as everyone present, including the royals, laughed out loud

"Oh dear god, oh by the stars...I can't believe you feel for it!"

"I think I'm gonna pee!" Nefi yelled with tears in her eyes as she joined the laughter.

"Pinkie!... Please tell me...tell me you recorded it!" Blueblood asked in between laughs

"It's all on tape!" Pinkie managed to call out before laughing out loud, holding a camera in her right hoof. The dazzlers were practically red with fury and embarrassment.

Once he managed to calm down the prince continued. "Now you have a sample of what your victims felt. Sonata got my attention because she was only following along, but you on the other hand, there is plenty of soul searching before I even consider helping you. Think of this as your first lesson.”

And with that he ended the call before they could reply so the royals could return with their friends.

PreviousChapters Next