• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 44,111 Views, 5,441 Comments

The Humble Prince - Lighting Ace



A man wakes up to find he's inhabiting the body of a cartoon horse who wasn't exactly Mister Popular, judging from how shocked the locals are when he says things like 'please' and 'thank you'.

  • ...
190
 5,441
 44,111

PreviousChapters Next
Six Conditions (Edited By BS)

Recovering from his initial shock, Blueblood stared in confusion at none other than Pinkie Pie, wearing a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses.

"I came to help you with your problem and take you to the most awesometastic party ever, silly billy!"

"A what now? Why would you…?"

"Silly Bluey," Pinkie closed his jaw. "If I had told you, then it wouldn't be a surprise party, right?" She booped his nose with her hoof before grabbing his own and started to pull him out of his room. "Now, let's go! Everyone is waiting, and we have a whole day ahead of us!" She proclaimed enthusiastically while using her earth pony strength, to drag the poor Prince through the hall and into the elevator.

"Woah, Pinkie, stop, STOP!" He used his magic to erect an astral barrier in front of them, forcing her to stop so he could have a moment. "What the heck is going on? Why are you here? When did you come here?"

She lifted a hoof up and was about to answer, but he interrupted him

"And saying it's a surprise party is not going to cut it Pinkie. I need more details than just that."

"Ok," she nodded once, and Blueblood dispersed the wall waiting for her explanation. "So in that order: me and Scarly organized a special party for you and the other royals. Scarly invited us over, and last night!"

"Go on?" He raised an eyebrow, still confused about what was happening.

"Well, since this meeting was super duper important to you. Scarly wanted to help you relax and make sure you wouldn't get nervous, so she came to Ponyville a while back and asked us if we would like to come here for moral support."

"Us?"

Rather than answer, Pinkie only grabbed his hoof again and dragged him farther through the hallways. "As I said, this is a special type of party for all of you, and you don't want to be late!"

Approaching their destination, Blueblood heard electronic music playing and saw light shows coming from the pool area. Once they arrived, they were met by a pool party going on full swing with inflatables, donuts, noodles, and foam included for all the guests to enjoy and play around in the vast pool. Everyone was dancing around, in the pool, or chatting with drinks near the bar, which sat in the middle of the pool. In among the crowd, Blueblood managed to spot none other than Skystar, who was currently dancing in the middle of the pool on her seapony form.

"Oh, there she is! Go on, Bluey, go dance with her" She gestured at the princess before getting behind Blueblood and started to push him into the pool.

"What?" He looked back, still overwhelmed by what was happening and the pace at which it was occurring.

"Trust me. This is the best time. Remember what I told you?" She pointed at her face and smiled. "Keep her happy make some small talk, and we will take care of the rest."

Before he could protest any further, the Prince fell into the pool, alerting the seapony to his presence as he opened his eyes and noticed how this gathering was much larger than he thought as he could see other seaponies swimming around and dancing below the surface before emerging again and gasping for air. The party pony was nowhere to be seen.

"Blueblood!" Skystar suddenly swam towards him and brought him into a hug. "You made it! I'm so glad you decided to join me! There is lots and lots I wanted to talk about with you."

"There is?" Ending the hug, the Prince looked at the seapony with a raised eyebrow, and she nodded eagerly

"Since you told us about your idea, I have been thinking, and well, I would love for us to form that society!" Her expression turned somber as she looked down at her reflection. "Ever since the Storm King's invasion, my mom…well, all of us, to be honest, have been a bit on edge when it comes to seeking help at the risk of exposing ourselves to another attack. It's embarrassing to admit, but we are vulnerable, Blue, in many more ways than we care to admit."

"I understand, spending so many years in hiding and fearing that your oppressor may return…others would fall to paranoia for far less."

"And I want to end it." She slapped the water, splashing it around them in frustration. "I'm not stupid, and I'm well aware of the risks here. But I don't want to live in fear like my mom. I want to trust you. Just like I trusted Twilight and her friends." She grabbed his hoof, "So even if it is just the two of us. Would you help me out? Will you tell me how we could return Mount Aris to its former glory?"

"Oh, Skystar, I wish it was that simple." He lowered his head to the surface of the water and grabbed her fin with his other hoof. "But as I said, this society is meant for us to help each other with our own projects. Of course, I would be more than happy to give you my suggestions and ideas. I would like nothing more than to propose plans to rebuild a structure here and there, but that is all I can offer at the end of the day. Suggestions. I don't want to colonize your people; I want to help you improve life there."

"I understand" She nodded with just a hint of disappointment until Blueblood lifted her chin. "Hey, cheer up, you said it yourself. You are not stupid; I bet there are lots and lots of great ideas in that cute head of yours. And I would love to hear each and every single one of them."

Her mood brightened once she heard those words and smiled. "So no more long faces, ok, Skystar? It may not be much, and it might take time, but I will definitely help you out with anything I can. And when we are done, maybe you could give me a personal tour around your kingdom. What do you say? doesn't that sound like fun?"

She nodded eagerly once more before surprising the Prince with a kiss on his cheek as she giggled and blushed. "Thank you, Bluey! I look forward to working with you, and will keep my fins crossed so that the other royals want to join in! I would love it if all of us became the greatest of great friends!" And with that, and without giving him time to process what happened, Skystar swam away to return to the party—quickly getting lost in the crowd as Pinkie slowly paddled closer to Blueblood with a smirk while lying on top of a floater.

"Soooo? How did it go?"

"I…I'm not even sure what just happened. She just…came and went out of the blue. After she told me that she was on board with the idea I suggested."

"That's the power of a good plan party" She bounced in place in excitement, earning his attention.

"What?"

"It's impressive, right partner?" A familiar southern drawl put Blueblood on alert, and turning around, he saw AJ without her trademark stetson swimming towards them, serving some cider on a silver platter to the guests. "Everyone is wary of talking about anything if they are stressed, Bluey, but if they are having fun and you show that they can trust you and are honest about wanting to help them out, communication can be way easier."

"AJ, you too?"

"Seems like Pinkie already fill you in. Don't worry, sugarcube. We got ya covered."

"But I can't ask you for this, what about your jobs? Sugacube Corner? Your Farm? Your families? AJ, what even happened to your hat?"

"Well, I don't exactly want it to get wet, right?" AJ joked, ignoring his concerns, and only responded to the last question.

"Are you sure this is…?"

"Oh! Bluey quick, I see another one, let's go!" Pinkie grabbed his hoof again and dragged him out of the pool with AJ waving goodbye as they headed to another part of the hotel.

First Pinkie and now AJ? Did Scarlet bring in all the mane six? And the way they are acting, something doesn't feel right here.

Blueblood continued pondering until they arrived at a balcony overlooking the pool where a grumpy Hestia was staring into the horizon, eating a bunch of sunflower seeds.

Like before, Pinkie gave him a light push and pointed at her before pointing at her face and smiling, nodded before bouncing away before he could ask for something else.

"I told you I'm fine, just leave me alone, and," Hestia thought Blueblood was another employee before she turned and found that was not the case. "Oh, it's you," She returned her gaze to the horizon. "What do you want now? I'm still thinking about my answer."

"That's alright, I've been having questions of my own recently." the Prince slowly made his way to the rail, eyeing the party warily.

"Oh really? Getting cold hooves now, are we?" Surprised, Blueblood looked back to the Princess only to see her smirk.

"What? No, it just I…." He stopped not wanting to agitate or anger his guest and sighs, trying to come up with a better answer "…I think our 'gracious' host decided to forget subtlety and is now going overboard with pampering us."

"Wait, so this isn't your doing?" Hestia blinked a couple of times as he shook his head. "This is all the owners doing. All in the name of seeking an excellent review for her hotel. I just found out ten minutes ago, right before being tossed into the pool."

"Wow, harsh," Hestia chuckled a bit. "Well, that is one way to wake up, I suppose."

"Yeah, that is true."

"Wanna grab some grub? Something tells me you haven't had anything for breakfast yet." She pointed to the dining area not too far from away them, and as in response, both of their stomachs grumbled, making them chuckle too.

"Seems like neither of us has had anything to eat yet. Sure, let's grab something." They got off the rail and marched away to grab something to eat. Neither aware of a glowing hand returning to normal as Scarlet sunbathed and AJ handed her another glass with apple juice on it.

After grabbing themselves a couple of plates and finding and inviting Prince Triceps over, the three royals started to talk.

"So what is your angle here, Blueblood? Why are you so interested in not being a pawn? From what I heard, you got an out when those nimrods kicked you out of Canterlot. Why return to all of this mess?" Hestia questioned, pointing at him with a fork.

"It's a long story, but the short version probably is that I don't want to lose my family, and as for the idea. Lots of things happened in my life, and well, let's say I understand how infuriating it is for anyone not to have a voice or hand in their life. Everyone deserves their independence and for their voice to be heard."

Hestia remained silent before looking at Triceps. "And what about you? When Blue suggested the idea, you were the first to point out the risks. Still think this is a risk not worth taking?"

"I'm still wary of the idea, but I have to admit it has vast untapped potential. The idea of being more than just a pawn is enough for me to consider it. but I still have my reservations."

"As I said, I don't intend to look for any secrets or take advantage of any information shared in confidence. I know I'm asking for a lot but aren't you tired of being ignored? That feeling like your title is only for show? Wouldn't you like to have the opportunity to put your ideas into action?"

"You are asking the wrong minotaur if that is what you are looking for, Blueblood."

He sighed and started shifting his food around. "If you were expecting a sad story about a Prince full of ideas but with nobody to listen to them, then you better look someplace else. I never had any complaints about not being the next in line. Nobody in my home expects anything from me other than to know how to fight." He stopped and sighed with closed eyes. "And up until now, I have had no problems with that. You had to remind me how I could be exchanged for something of value to the kingdom at any time. For the great horn! I don't even know what is wrong with my kingdom that could I possibly fix or improve!"

"And you really wouldn't like to improve your subjects' lives? " Blueblood asked neutrality.

"I don't know, maybe? I mean, what could I do? Fix crime? Invent a different type of obstacle course? Maybe a brain challenge labyrinth? Oh, that last one seems promising!" Triceps shook his head. "Listen, Blueblood, I appreciate the offer, but what exactly could I offer them?"

"You don't need to offer anything, Triceps." He shook his head. "And I don't intend to take over. I only wish to help you see your nation prosper. Trust me, nobody knows your home better than you, problems are always there, and when you spot them, we can brainstorm ideas on how to fix it."

The Minotaur thought hard before groaning in frustration. "Fine! I accept your point that it could work, but know you're talking with a muscle head here."

"Dude, I used to be a world-class jerk. A snobbish and self-absorbed brat who's only concern was in what would I spend the national treasure on next, and look at me now! You are a well-intentioned Prince who enjoys spending time in the gym compared to past me. Trust me. You have a way easier time than me, even now." They shared a laugh.

"Yeah, point taken."

"Seems like you are set on fixing the kingdoms," Hestia mentioned while staring at her food and then sighed.

"Something on your mind Hestia?" Blueblood asked with a measure of concern for his fellow royal.

"You could say that. Tell me, Blueblood, have you ever heard of a small kingdom known as Griffonstone?"

"Yeah, Starlight once told me about it. A prosperous nation full of pride and legends a long time ago."

"It's now been reduced to slum because of pride, greed, and paranoia." She finished Blueblood's sentence stabbing her food with more force than necessary. "Did you know It was started by colonists wanting a fresh start from Griftania after being inspired by the birth of Equestria?"

"I…I don't think so, no, but that would explain their involvement with various national sports here in Equestria despite being a separate nation."

"It's part of the alliance they have with Equestria, in exchange for a parcel of Equestrian land and supplies in case of emergency, among other aspects." she nodded a couple of times. "All was well and good until that stupid cyclops stole a damn garden ornament!"

"Hestia…you want me to help you return Griffinstone to its former glory for you? Because if that's true, then I'm sorry, but I can't…."

"…Save it" She held up a talon. "That is my dad's wish. My sisters want them to restore their territory before reclaiming it through diplomacy, and my brother's wish for them to merge with Equestria already so they can stop pretending to be a 'griffon nation' separate from the kingdom and admit they couldn't make it on their own."

"But they are a griffon nation." Triceps points out.

"Try telling that to them" Hestia rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Well, what would you want then, Hestia?" Blueblood wondered, now intrigued, as she sighed in exhaustion.

"Honestly? I couldn't give a rat ass with whatever the hell they decided to do. To come back to us, merge with Equestria, or be their nation? I don't care. I only wish for them to swallow their damn pride and do something about their home!"

She stopped stabbing her food and pointed at them. "If you tell anyone I say this, I swear I will gouge your eyes out with a rusty spoon, but…I can't stand the idea of honest griffons trying to live in such precarious conditions, with nests made from fragile twigs, mud-filled streets, and barely getting by with Equestrian supplies. Meanwhile, everyone is so damn concerned with hoarding coins that they demand them for just sitting in a chair. It's just ridiculous! that's no way to live, and worse, it's heartbreaking."

"Wow, Hestia, never imagined that you would care so much for them, even when they no longer are part of your nation." Triceps nodded, impressed.

"I'm not made of stone, ok?! And I mean it, not a word. That is my condition. Blueblood, If you want to, say this is my test for you. You have been going on and on about helping other nations clean up their acts. Well, if that is true, then prove it. Help me give Griffonstone a decent way of life once more, and I'm all in."

"Hestia, I'm not sure we should even be discussing this, it's one thing helping your nation, but we are talking about helping a kingdom that doesn't even have a defined hierarchy of power. I'm not even sure if there is even a Griffin in control or if they still go by the monarch system of rule."

"Good, then we can start there." She nodded and stood up. "And you said it yourself, the idea of this group is to help nations, right? We tried to give that nation their space and time, and they didn't do squat! So it is time for tough love. I like it just as much as you do, but every parent has a breaking point, and this is mine."

"But…"

"We don't lose anything by asking and exploring, right? And I'm not telling you to fix it yourself. We would come up with something together. Think of it as a test run to see if your idea can truly hold water and go the distance."

"Where are you going?"

"Triceps you are in?" She asks back, ignoring his question

"It will be a good test for all of us, yes."

"Then I will go to tell Skystar the plan. If the others are in too, then all is well. If not, then the four of us will have a lot to discuss." And with that, she flew away, heading straight to the pool.

"You have to admit she does have a point" Triceps nodded once. "It will be far easier if we have proof that we can work well together. Besides, don't you feel sorry for all of those Griffins?"

Blueblood sighed, conceding defeat. "Of course I do, but it is not that easy Triceps. Griffonstone is in a very delicate situation. With how prideful they are, one wrong move and our actions will be seen as extremely offensive, and we will be accused of colonization. We could ignite a gruesome conflict."

"But on the other hand, the reward could be well worth the risk, right?" the Minotaur patted Blueblood's back as a fetching masseur holstaur approached the two, catching Triceps attention immediately as he stood. "Prince Triceps, it's time for your massage." The holstaur calmly informed with a bow.

"Coming!" he eagerly informed the masseuse before looking at Blueblood. "I say go for it, Blueblood. If you managed it in Manehattan, helping those griffons should be far easier, now if you excuse me, I have a date with a sexy holstaur!" He calls almost in a trance as he follows the masseur, who seemed to have no problem with the Prince's staring and wondering eyes.

Oh, for Pete's sake, Scarlet was serious about the flirty employees. He facehoofed and finished the rest of his breakfast before deciding to explore the rest of the hotel, trying to find the remaining royals.

Thankfully he didn't have to look for too long and soon was helping Princess Sierra while she was working on an enchanted chariot with a working motor that needed maintenance.

"You can drop the act, you know?" Sierra commented without looking as she tightened a bolt on the vehicle.

"What act?" Once she was done, he passed her a piece of cloth for her to wipe up the sweat from her forehead

"Oh, please, you have been acting like this isn't bizarre. A princess working as a mechanic? I know it's not what anyone expected, but I like it. You are honestly not weirded out by it?"

"Not really" He shook his head as Sierra put the tools away and handed off the toolbox to the perplexed mechanic of the hotel

"You don't?"

"Trust me, just because we have a mark saying what we are good at doesn't mean we are exclusive."

"Huh" Without saying anything else and with Blueblood close by, Sierra cleaned her hands.

"But if I may ask, what exactly is it that you like about repairing vehicles?"

"Not just that, it building things in general, vehicles, airships, house appliances, and especially inventions, THAT right there that is my biggest passion." She elaborated while looking around, "And I know what you are going to say. It's weird. It's unusual, and it's not something befitting a princess of the Sif empire with how proud we are about our jewelry and how we use it in almost everything."

She made air quotes while she talked about her passions, "Yeah right. Like hanging a jewel on a necklace or mounting it in the ceiling as decoration hasn't been done thousands of times before. Wow, such visionaries are we."

She takes out a scroll with some blueprints on it. "Don't get me wrong, I love, and I'm prideful of our gem operations and mining and all that stuff, but I believe we can do far more than just using them for weapons or light sources, like this one, for instance."

"What is it?" Blueblood questioned as he looked at a drawing of an odd rectangle design with a cylinder on the base where diamonds are cut and placed inside.

"It is a crystal scroll Blueblood, a magical crystal scroll. Picture this, a way to communicate instantly with anyone in the world without the need of a caldron in the palm…ah frog of your hoof"

Is she proposing the creation of the very first cellphone?

"Sierra, this is…revolutionary, the possibilities alone. You could bring communication to a brand new era!"

"I know!" She put the scroll away in excitement, and he could see her tail wag. "For as long as I can remember, inventing stuff has been my passion, my hobby, my…well, I suppose my equivalent of painting. I love inventing stuff all the time, and I have been trying to bring ideas like this to life, but each time I propose something, my parents shut me down. Always with the same speech, 'you are a princess, not an inventor, you don't dirty your paws. You delegate, so others do.' and if I try to take their advice, I'm just a ball of nerves fearing that some novice will screw up my vision."

"Oh Sierra, I'm so sorry."

"That is why the second you proposed this society. I was already on board." She grabbed his hoof and knelt so they could be eye to eye. "Blueblood, will you let me shine at last? Will this society could become my haven, and would you be willing to test my inventions for me?"

Blueblood shook his head, catching Sierra by surprise. "Not for you" He then tightened the hold, "WITH you, and while I can't speak for the rest, I would love to help you out. I'm already intrigued by these crystal scrolls, Sierra. We could use them to communicate among us as well as we can and show the world that brilliant mind of yours. It would be my honor if you let me help you bring these visions of yours into reality."

Before he could react, Sierra surprised him with a very long lick on his face before being pulled into a bear hug. "Thank you so much, Blueblood. I swear you just earned the most loyal of friends right now, maybe even more." She then leaned closer to his ear. "I have always wondered what would be like to be part of an equine pack."

With a gulp and a blushing face, the Prince was in the process of formulating a reply when someone cleared her throat to catch both of their attentions.

"Are we interrupting something here?" Nefi questioned with crossed arms and glaring daggers at Sierra, who broke the hug and looked at the Abyssinian with a smirk. Next to the cat was none other than Rarity, with a measuring tape and a notebook ready to take notes. "Oh, Sierra, darling, there you are. I have been looking all over for you."

"Rarity? You too? But if you were coming, why did you rush…?" Once more, he is interrupted when Sierra approached the two with her ear flattened in sadness

"Sorry for ghosting you, Ms. Rarity," The wolf said to the two. "But when I saw you working on Nefertiti ensemble. I thought that I would give you two a moment and went to get a breath of fresh air, and it seems like I lost track of time."

"Very convenient, I must say," Nefertiti commented, eyeing Blueblood with a quirked eyebrow before approaching him. "Ah, Blueblood, so glad to find you. I, too, have been looking for you everywhere." Her demeanor instantly changed to friendly, catching Sierra by surprise as she rushed to his side.

"Now? And why pray tell, is that?" Sierra asked.

"Well, I haven't had the chance to speak about how flattered I am by his proposal. After all, it was my teachings that inspired this society in the first place." While forcing a polite smile, Blueblood could feel the charged atmosphere between the two as they barely contained their dislike for one another. "And you still have a pending appointment with Ms. Rarity, so you better get going, pup. Although I dread to imagine the work she will have, constructing something that covers your appearance."

"Blueblood and I aren't done talking about important business, so you can have my time and continue playing dress-up kitty-cat. Wouldn't like him to pick up your stench of fish and dead rats." Both start to growl, getting less and less subtle with their anger with each passing second.

Oh, boy, I better cut in before this gets out of hand. Looking to Rarity, Blueblood remembered his lessons and got an idea. Clearing his throat, he calmly stepped in between the two Princesses.

"Ladies, ladies, please, there is no reason for this hostility." He addressed them both with a serene smile. "I understand how the Abyssiniaj and Sif nations have a tense relationship between them, but that doesn't mean we have to act like our parents."

They both raise an eyebrow and cross their arms. "Didn't you tell me once how you are more than a pretty face and the standard of a Princess, Nefi? It's true, you were my major inspiration for all of this, for us to rise above what is expected by our families and nations and for our ideas to be put into practice. I'm not asking for you two to become friends but to reduce yourself to petty squabbles over nothing? Wouldn't that be just falling into the stereotype of cat vs. dog dogma?"

"I suppose," Nefi grumbled while looking away while Sierra stared at her with a smug smile, "That's right, Nefi, you wouldn't want to be just the stereotypical cattish princess, would you?"

"You shouldn't be putting on airs either, Sierra. You are falling in the same dogma as her right now."

"What?"

"Ha," It was then Nefi turn to look at her with a smug expression as Sierra looked to Blueblood in surprise.

"Sierra, I've just met you, and I have already seen how you have a brilliant mind, maybe even greater than my cousin Twilight Sparkle, and that is one huge feat if I say so myself. I've barely seen one invention, and I already am enchanted by it and wish to know more. Both the invention and the wolf behind it. It is more than clear that, like Nefi here, you are more than just a beautiful Lycan princess."

"Why, thank you, Blueblood." She nodded, and he could see the beginnings of a blush behind all the grease and oil. "That is very thoughtful."

"And with a mind so brilliant, would it be too much to ask for you to set your differences aside for a moment and see the potential this society could bring us by working together?"

They look at one another before looking away stubbornly.

Sighing in frustration, Blueblood only shook his head. "It will also drive your parents crazy by the idea alone."

Both sets of royal ears instantly perked up the second he said that, and they looked at him once more. "With how much they have been ignoring you, I think a little punishment is in order. And what better torture could it be than hanging out with individuals they clearly have animosity with? It's ugly, and boy would I fight to see if there could be an end to it, but it will be mean a lot to me if, in our honor of friendship and as an act of good faith to our society, you would give peace a chance."

They mulled it over for a second before looking at each other "I suppose I've been too rash in rejecting this without giving it a chance first." Sierra began.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like we are deciding to be friends for life or anything, and we can gain way more by working together than just grumbling and glaring at one another" Nefi nodded, rubbing her neck.

"Partners?" Sierra offered her hand

"Partners," Nefi completed the gesture before shivering in place, "why is your hand all greasy and sweaty?"

"I just finished repairing a chariot."

Nefi held back a scream and took a deep breath before speaking, "You better take a bath before joining Ms. Rarity."

"Agreed, Blueblood, would you like to join me?" He was once again caught entirely off guard by the sudden proposal until Rarity giggles and steps in front of the royal princesses. "Darlings, please, I, for one, approve of being more proactive, but a lady knows how to pace herself."

Blueblood let out a sigh of relief for Rarity's timely rescue from a tense situation. "Now then, I heard that Scarlet would be hosting a completely "innocent" bathing suit competition pretty soon. Wouldn't you be interested in indulging/ prove the Prince how you will give peace a chance with a friendly competition between the two?" Blindsided once more, Blueblood blinked owlishly as both princesses thought it over and then smirked at the Prince with interest.

"Sounds wonderful, Ms. Rarity."

"Bluey, would you like to act as our judge to see if they fi~t?" Nefi lingered in the last world, sending a shiver down the Prince's spine.

"Ah, sorry, I need to go speak with Pharynx soon. Chat about the society and all that."

"Shame, well, don't let us keep you waiting dear, and if you finish early, feel free to come to see us in my room. We could make it a runway," Nefertiti winked, and Sierra giggled at how he was left stiff before leaving, both wagging their tails a bit more pronounced than necessary .

"Rarity, what the heck!" He complained with a fluster face, "A bathing suit contest? What was all that about?"

She only chuckled briefly. "What is the matter, darling? It's not like you aren't curious. I also heard there is still one judge seat available. What is wrong with some innocent indulgence?"

Confused, Blueblood raised an eyebrow at his friend before testing a theory.

"You know, you are right, Rarity, and you know what could be perfect for their outfits? Green. Just that, and I mean all shades of greens in all sorts of bikinis. Green on top of green with darker and lighter shades of green to compliment."

"Green?" Rarity look at Blueblood in astonishment. "Blueblood, that is marvelous! You are a genius. I must get to work right away, ta-da" she gives him a flirtatious wink as he nervously nods with a blush before breaking character as soon as they are all gone.

Yep, that confirms it. She and the others are in some kind of trance, oh goodie.

"Pharynx! Pharynx!" Blueblood desperately knocked on the changeling's door while occasionally looking over his shoulder. "Open the door! We need to talk!"

"If you come to warn me, don't waste my time" Startled, he jumped back to see the changeling in question with a neutral expression. "I know"

"So you also noticed something is wrong with this place?"

"I did more than that. I figured out what's happening and confronted the owner." He responded blandly as he marched into his room. "Just came from seeing her, in fact."

"Great, then we can work together and…."

"AH!" He raises a hoof stopping Blueblood from continuing, "I told you I'm NOT getting involved with a lovers quarrel or crazy stalker plots, and that mare is surely the latter."

"Wha...WHAT!? So you are going to stand aside and let her control you too?"

"I never said that. I just thought you might want someone to explain to the rest of your guests what is happening, so no royals think this was some trap or princenapping, or would you rather take your chances with six very angry rulers next?" He pokes Blueblood's chest in annoyance.

"No, that sounds horrible."

"Exactly, besides this looks like an internal affair, it's best if none of your guests get too involved with the subject, trust me, that would be asking for an international incident, plus this is the perfect opportunity to see if you have what it takes to deal with a crisis. I heard Hestia's idea of putting you through a test, and I like it, so consider this mine. Resolve this crisis, and I will join this society of yours, on the spot not further questions ask."

"Seriously!? We can all be in danger, and you are just going to wash your hooves of it? Stand back and see how this all plays out?"

"Hey! I told you I'm not like my brother, and I'm not here to clean YOUR messes, Blueblood. If anything, you should be thankful I'm helping by not making this seem like an act of aggression toward Equestria's allies."

Blueblood only sighed in frustration and shook his head. "You are right. This isn't your problem. Thanks for helping me with at least that. I'll see how I would fix this as fast as I can."

"Good, and don't bother with the guards. Scarlet was smart enough to deal with them first. Right now, they will be as useful as a wet blanket."

The Prince turned around and prepared to leave when he heard Pharynx sigh in frustration and look over his shoulder. He notices him pinching the bridge of his nose.

"...Her book."

"Hmm?"

"Read her damn book! The first clue that she gave you will be enough to fill you in. THERE I helped you, now stop with the whining and go. Show me you know how to fix your own mistakes and can put your bits where your mouth is." He slammed the door behind him, ignoring the slight smile on Blueblood's face.

"And you said you don't care. Thanks, Pharynx."

He suppressed a chuckle when he heard a groan coming from the other side of the door.

PreviousChapters Next