• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 44,340 Views, 5,460 Comments

The Humble Prince - Lighting Ace



A man wakes up to find he's inhabiting the body of a cartoon horse who wasn't exactly Mister Popular, judging from how shocked the locals are when he says things like 'please' and 'thank you'.

  • ...
190
 5,460
 44,340

PreviousChapters Next
Heir's Strike Plan (Edited By BS)

"So, are you all on board? Are we clear with the plan?" Blueblood asked, looking around at his peers.

"It sounds solid, yes. Certainty beats just laying around doing nothing," Triceps mentioned.

"Or just rushing blindly into a trap," Hestia added, smirking. "I want to see my old man ignoring me after this."

"This sure would be something for the history books." Nefertiti murmured while admiring the map lying in front of them all and smiled, " The society of heirs is officially making its debut." She smirked at Blueblood. "With our brave leader taking charge and leading from the front instead of hiding behind his soldiers. We better put a decent act for the historians."

"Oh, for Pete's sake. Do me a favor and don't go writing a musical about it, stupid cat," Sierra snarked, crossing her arms.

"What do you say, street dog?!" They started to growl at one another until Blueblood put himself between the two and split them apart.

"Enough, you two! We need to go and gather the others and show them we have this under control, so we better put on our game faces and present a united front."

"Right" They all agreed but not before Nefertiti smirked at Sierra

"I taught him that"

"Nefi," Blueblood cautioned, and she raised her hands in mock surrender

"Last one, boss, I promise."

With a sigh, he took her word for it; they then summoned their commanding officers and the elements to fill them in with a chalkboard in the room.

"Ok, everyone, listen up," Blueblood started and pointed at the concept map showcasing each problem. "After careful consideration and discussion, we have simplified our predicament into four different, distinct problems." He pointed at each drawing. "The situation in the sky, the silent crystal empire, the world being asleep, and the safety of our civilians in the hotel, which we might as well consider the entire planet's population until we solved the third problem."

Nefertiti stood up and continued, "Each of these problems is bad enough, but after some deliberation, we concluded that the most pressing one is the situation with the sky." She pointed at the ceiling for emphasis, "It's bad enough if the entire global population wakes up and discovers that weeks have passed out of nowhere, but while that can be mediated with relative ease, the idea of them waking up to this kind of sky is a sure recipe for mass hysteria. That is why fixing the sky must be our top priority."

She then sat and let Hestia proceed. "But that doesn't mean we will focus solely on that area. If we wish to repair as much damage as possible and avoid panic, injuries or casualties, our best move would be to split our forces."

The gathered audience started to take glances and mumble to themselves at the idea before Blueblood continued, "With our available forces, we have decided to split into four teams" He pointed at a drawing of Las Pegasus. "First, this hotel is well stocked with rooms and food, so we will continue to use the Rose Palace as a refuge for the civilians, keeping them safe and calm."

"You would need muscle for that, so my soldiers and I would take care of security," Triceps responded confidently.

"And it would be better to have eyes on the sky, so my detail and I will stay as well," Hestia added, landing on Triceps's shoulders.

"Applejack, you are an expert in preparing and distributing food with your experience as a farmer and business mare. I will need you to stay here and help with the provisions, with a detachment of our military forces assisting you."

"Can do, partner" AJ nodded and smiled at how well he was delegating.

"Captain Sparrow, I need you here too, and we will discuss why in a moment, but regarding the bulk of our forces and who stays? We will leave that to you and the rest of the generals. Plus, you will answer to Applejack once I'm gone." Blueblood addressed his soldiers as they saluted in unison.

"Yes, sir!" They all replied at the same time, startling Applejack a little.

"Moving on, our best asset, and the one that could easily move the celestial bodies while the princesses are absent is Discord. So we must go help him with whatever issue he encounters."

"That is why Pharynx, and I will lead a reconnaissance mission with a small group of soldiers to infiltrate my home and find out what is happening," Cadence continued. "Fluttershy, your skill in talking with animals, would aid us greatly, so I need you to come too. Discord might be in trouble, so I'm sure you would want to help him."

The shy pegasus was a bit unsure but ultimately nodded with determination.

"Also, Desire will be going too, I know some of you have your reservations, but I need you to trust me. She WILL cooperate as soon as we release her, she can undo whatever she did, and the sooner we have two eternal spirits on our side, the sooner we will be able to fix the world." Blueblood added.

The guards still looked unsure but decided to hold their tongues and let him continue.

"That being said, it is best to take precautions. That is why I want Sierra and Skystar to go to Canterlot and use the vault of the castle to construct or invent any devices that may aid us in fixing the sky or any other issue that may arise."

That caught his commander's attention as they took a step forward. "Sir, permission to speak freely." Spear spoke up.

"Granted"

"Are you sure that would be wise?" Light Spear questioned with a raised eyebrow, "The royal vaults contain some of Equestria's most powerful and dangerous artifacts and curses. Celestia knows what else has been sealed away from the public for their safety. And you will let two princesses from foreign nations enter them and take what they wish without supervision?"

"Skystar already has proven to be a trustworthy ally during the invasion of the Storm King, and Sierra is a brilliant diamond dog whose race is renowned for its unquestionable loyalty. She has already been kind enough to lend us some of her inventions."

The diamond dog in question stood up and showed them a pair of auriculars. "It is still in the prototype phase and can only be used to project your voice, but with this, Triceps and Hestia and their soldiers would be able to communicate instantly. Helping coordinate their movements more easily and helping us coordinate our actions faster between teams."

"And while I fully trust them, I understand your point, Lieutenant; that is why you, a platoon of your choosing, and Rarity will accompany them."

"Me?" Rarity pointed at herself.

"You are a great judge of character, Rarity. That is why I'm trusting you to keep an eye on them. Besides, no one loves and knows more about Canterlot than you. You might even surprise yourself by lending a hand in whatever they invent and turning it into something simply radiant."

"Oh well, when you put it like that, how could I refuse? You sure made a good choice in picking me for this part, darling," She replied with a blush from the compliment. "We creative minds tend to get along pretty well."

"Yeah! Girl´s trip!" Skystar brought the two into a group hug with a big grin. "Can't wait to see what we will be making! Oh, can we have a sleepover? Oh, maybe an invention sleepover."

Blueblood chuckled a little before resuming his explanation for the final team. "Meanwhile, Nefertiti and I will accompany Sergeant Ground Breaker with a small squad and lead a rescue mission to retrieve my aunts. The abissian troops are experts in detecting and disarming traps. If something grabs my aunts, they will find out exactly what, and in case of complications, I fully trust the earth pony platoon to be our first line of defense."

"I live for the crown." Ground bowed his head to the unicorn prince, "I'm familiar with the terrain, your majesty, so I can easily guide you and traverse the desert if required."

Blueblood turned to Nefertiti, who nodded before looking at the Sargent. "Fair enough, you will act as our guide. And while all of this is happening, Captain Sparrow?"

"Yes, sir?"

"I need you to stay here to coordinate and lead all of us using a specially designed caldron Sierra invented."

"Wait, she has and brought a caldron specifically for this kind of situation...for a meeting?" AJ raised an eyebrow at the diamond dog.

"Not exactly," The princess in question answered. "The idea of communicating via caldron already exists. All I had to do was improve it to its logical peak. I have done it before. It was actually one of my first inventions, so modifying the one here was child's play." She emphasized with a snap of her finger. "I can get you one ready in an hour. In fact I already did while Blueblood was sleeping, thought it could be needed"

Sparrow looked at her and then at Blueblood. "Sir, if I may inquire?"

"You may"

"Wouldn't it be more logical for us to switch places? You are the ruler. If someone should be...well, ruling, it should be you. Please let me go, in your place."

"I applaud your commitment, soldier, and I'm not questioning your abilities in the field. But it will be more helpful if you stay here as mission control." He looked around at the other rulers. "We discussed it amongst ourselves and took a vote, and we concur that while it was a group effort, you managed to coordinate and organize everyone in the palace to prevent chaos or panic. Making you the perfect choice to stay here, not only to keep us on track but to make the correct call and send reinforcements if any of us need it."

"That is not the only issue, sir. She is your godmother. Would you be able to be objective on a mission this closely related to you?"

Blueblood paused to consider for a moment before sighing.

"I understand your concern, Captain Sparrow, but this is something I have to do. Not only because they are my family but also because out of all the objectives, the Mirage is the one place where we have no idea what we are facing, except that it managed to stop two alicorns. That is why we need to prepare the elements in case they are needed. Plus, I don't intend to venture blindly into danger. That is why Nefertiti, Sgt. Ground, and their squads are also coming. This will be a group effort, and I fully intend to play my part." He looked around at the rest of the princes and princesses as they nodded. "We all will" He looked back at Sparrow. "Have faith in me, captain. I promise I will exercise caution and listen to any advice you or Ground might have."

The captain's expression remained neutral for a moment before nodding once. "As you wish, your highness, I only ask that you keep me posted with anything you find, stay in the rear, and if things turn out to be too dangerous, you would retreat immediately and await reinforcements."

"Will do, unless the situation forces me to take action." Blueblood nodded, agreeing to their conditions before addressing the rest of the group. "Anyone else want to add anything?" When there was no reply, he proceeded.

"Good. In that case, you all have your orders."

"We will begin our missions tomorrow at dawn." Triceps continued before standing up. "Ready your troops, get your affairs in order, and rest well tonight because tomorrow, the society of heirs will take Equus back!"

"Captain Sparrow, once you are done assigning and organizing the troops, see Sierra in the security room so she can explain how the caldron works. Don't be late." Blueblood added as he stood and saluted his troops.

"If no one has anything else to say, then you can leave now," Cadence instructed as everyone started to leave until someone lifted her hoof.

"Hey, what about me?" Pinkie asks, "Where will I be going?" She turned to Blueblood for an answer as he smiles

"Ah yes, Pinkie, thanks for reminding me. Don't worry. I have something special for you to do, but I cannot disclose it now. I need your mind clear for when we release Desire" The prince stood up. "Everyone else, you heard Prince Triceps. Get everything you need to do in order and rest well. We will leave the distribution of soldiers to the heads of security of each nation. Other than that, you are all dismissed."

And with that, all the rulers spread out and were left to their devices as everyone prepared for their upcoming missions with Blueblood and Cadence guiding the four elements of harmony towards the stadium, now converted into an improvised prison where the statue of Desire was on a 24-hour watch by rotating shifts of guards from all the nations.

"Nicely done, partner!" AJ praised the prince as she was impressed by the change of attitude. "Ya had me worried for a second when we didn't hear from you and the other royals for hours, but you managed to turn things around."

"Ah, Blueblood, not to question your plan, but are you sure we can release Desire?" Fluttershy voiced her concern. "I'll help in any way I can, but you haven't told us how we are gonna do it yet."

"Or what is my super duper secret mission!" Pinkie interjected.

For his part, Blueblood chuckled and stopped in the middle of the hallway with the others doing the same "Patience, Pinkie. As I said, I will explain everything once we get Desire on board, and for that," He poked the party pony's forehead, "I need you to relax and focus. As for how we are going to use the elements again? I was thinking of something a bit out of the box that I'm confident it will work." He turned to Cadence. "Wanna take this, sis?"

"Sis?" Cadence looked at him with a raised eyebrow

"Sorry, too much?"

Cadence glanced at AJ, who gave her a deadpan look, leading Cadence to roll her eyes. "We will discuss it later, but for now, sure, I can take it from here." She nodded before looking at the elements. "While it is true that we are missing two elements. Blueblood is proof that there can be other ways to wield them, while it is not the same as magic. I have confidence that love can be used as a temporary substitute."

"So you are gonna act as the element of magic then?" AJ looked at the princess with a raised eyebrow before turning to Blueblood. "And you're gonna try to substitute for Dash?"

"Not exactly," Blueblood shook his head. "Rather than trying to copy what all of you normally do. I was thinking of something a little... unorthodox. But for this to work, I need your help." He brings his right hoof to his chest, "I need you to trust in me and my ability to summon the power of the elements once more by closing your eyes, relaxing, and trying to transmit your elements into Llamrei. Cadence would keep us stable, and when we are ready, we will all fire the beam of light. Just like when you released Discord."

"Sounds like fun," Pinkie chirped. "I always love to do things outside the box. No one ever expects it."

"And it seems logical enough," AJ nodded in agreement. "But are you sure you even need us, partner? Last time you managed to use the elements all by yourself."

"True, but to be perfectly honest with you, I hardly knew what I was doing." He confessed, looking at his sword. "Everything happened so fast. One moment I felt like Desire was unbeatable. Next, I heard Twilight's voice in my ear, telling me something that helped me catch my second wind."

"And what did she say?" Fluttershy asks

"She said : 'By her own nature, she can't ever be complete or wield the elements fully,'" Blueblood repeated before looking at her,"'Only those that understand friendship can.' After that, everything fell into place, and I regained my confidence, but wielding the elements? Having Twilight's magic act as a force amplifier? Charging my moves? That was mostly me running on auto-pilot" He shook his head. "There is no way I can recreate that at will. I need the professionals to help me out."

He smiled at them, extending his hoof. "So I ask, would you help me wield the elements one last time?"

The girls looked at one another before nodding at him. "You can count on us, darling," Rarity replied, grasping his hoof, which was quickly followed by the rest.

"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it, partner, but it's a good call asking for help. It is easier when we work together."

"I think you could do it, but if you need one tiny push. I would gladly help," Fluttershy confirmed with a soft voice.

"Yeah! Let's do it! It will be fun. I always wanted to see if we could use other combinations, but Twilight always says, "That is not how the elements work, Pinkie." She suddenly copied Twilight and even matched her hairstyle before returning to her usual hyperactive self, making everyone chuckle.

"Thank you all, and I'm sure when we all work together. Things will improve very soon." They all resumed their march, with Cadence dropping behind to walk next to AJ.

"I know you did this"

"Hmm?"

"My cousin's confidence and positive attitude." Cadence smirked at her, causing AJ to roll her eyes.

"Seriously, you are going to blame me for that too? I only gave him a pep talk, I swear!"

"Relax, I'm not complaining, quite the opposite, actually." Cadence smiled at the farmer. "Thank you for being there when he needed you the most. It seems like you caught the meaning of our little chat."

AJ shivered at the memory. "I still think you are overreacting, Cadence. None of us want to leech off of him. You can trust us."

Cadence only laughed at the complaint. "I know I can. My intention was to warn you so as not to hurt him. Call me old-fashioned, but I'm a strong believer in helping couples bring out the best in one another."

"We're not even a couple yet!" AJ exclaimed with an intense blush on her cheeks.

"Key word in that sentence is the 'yet' part, and you will be glad to know you have my seal of approval." Cadence winked at her as she marched forward, and AJ sighed in exasperation.

"For pony's sake, she's even worse than Applebloom," AJ mumbled quietly to herself.

PreviousChapters Next