• Published 21st Jun 2018
  • 1,630 Views, 38 Comments

The Destruction of Equestria - Deathstroke3170



The Transformer Unicron has come and is about to devour Equestria, will Equestria survive?

  • ...
10
 38
 1,630

Chapter 7b: Sacrifices Unedited

Chapter 7b: Sacrifices

Celestia felt only pain, the battlefield littered with bodies of the fallen as she saw they were losing the war. Time slowed down for her, as she observed her surroundings, Chrysalis out of action with broken front legs and Star Swirl hopefully knocked out but judging by the bleeding forehead she didn’t know. And then Luna her beloved Sister, who had been fighting Tirek by herself, a battle that she wanted to help so badly was being held by the horn, about to break.

“You have a put up a good fight, Princess of the Night but I shall fulfil Unicron’s demands, and you shall be the one that dies first,” Tirek said autonomously, lifting up the struggling princess.

*Start You must Overcome-Epic Score*

Celestia cried for her sister, where Cerberus had been gnawing on her to get a good hold and about to rip her apart. Celestia didn’t know what she could do, thoughts flew out her head from the pain, the burning pain of metal teeth dug into her flesh and was blocking her concentration to perform magic and trying to escape she felt powerless. Not in a million years had she feared battles and wars, nor, she would feel so defenceless but as of now, she was beyond terrified. Luna struggled in Tirek’s crushing grip and her strength was being sapped but the scythe glowed very lightly still held with magic. And then Luna struck with full force at Tirek as she tried to lodge the scythe into the other eye but only for Tirek to catch the blade with full of disappointment. Tirek did the unspeakable deed, tossing Luna's body up and down against the floor hearing the audible bones breaking and then threw her body against the castle wall. It fractured which caused a massive crater and Luna slumped down to the floor. Luna didn’t move.

“NOOOOOOOO!” Celestia yelled trying to get up from her fallen position, Tirek looked towards her and pointed to her as if saying that she was next. Facing Luna, Tirek aimed his cannon ready to vaporise the Princess of the night and something snapped inside Celestia, she was not going to lose her sister again. Celestia felt the world turn upside down as the barrier started automatically collapsing. Its structural integrity was diminished when Luna’s magic stopped working and Unicron’s horns started piercing through. Celestia went supernova, her emotions controlling her actions but still somewhat controlled. Celestia knew if she went absolutely over the edge that she could accidentally wipe Canterlot off the map and could kill everypony that she grew up to love and nurture. She glowed as bright as the sun, her wounds healed, her armour reforged to become stronger and her weapon came flying back to her and Cerberus let go scampered away, blinded by the light. There was no time as Celestia's burning eyes saw the impending shadow. She let loose a scream making a move she had bet her life on literally. With most of her magic reserves depleted she moved it with all her might, despite all the pain, it was one last chance. Tirek and Cerberus adjusted to the light and looked towards Celestia ready to kill her. Celestia didn’t care, she would protect her sister to the death. Celestia launched towards and fired magical beams of pure sunlight but Tirek sidestepped the blast. Celestia whipped out her halberd and smashed it with all her might at the one she hated the most however Cerberus leaped towards her and maw opened, the glint of silver teeth shimmered and stained with her own blood. The swing connected and destroyed Cerberus left face, where a massive dent with nothing left functioned inside. Tirek backhanded Celestia and she spiralled into the same wall as Luna had done but that didn’t faze Celestia, her pain tolerance had skyrocketed with not caring anymore. She was fighting to the death. Cerberus had leapt towards her again over Luna’s lifeless body and succeeded in knocking down the wall with Celestia in it. The rubble exploded and Celestia laid sprawled across the floor before she lifted up her halberd for the monstrosity of the hellhound to snap at her face. She had one chance left, her magic was waning withholding her halberd and the barrier and from earlier on, moving it. Her magic was failing her, but she took aim, Cerberus's saliva splattered on her face and covered her line of sight. She fired anyway leaving it up to chance as the beam pierced Cerberus right head through the eye and into the brain which caused the head to slump on to the floor. Celestia was out of magic, there was just enough to stop Unicron from breaking through at the very moment and enough to hold onto her halberd. She looked down to find that Cerberus had a small gap barely visible if you weren’t on the floor which wasn’t protected by the metal armour. Celestia groaned and pushed Cerberus of herself and onto the floor with her Alicorn strength and her enhanced state, the full underbelly exposed. She ripped out the halberd from Cerberus's mouth and plunged the bloodstained weapon into the belly of the monster. It pierced the heart of the creature and Cerberus thrashed about before Celestia twisted her weapon. Cerberus laid still as the metal coating slithered back to the source.

Celestia leaned onto the polearm for support, she was beyond exhausted but before she could catch her breath Tirek punched her into the side and ribs broke upon impact. Celestia tumbled across the cracked pavements and out of her castle, the affliction of being hit was like a train running over her. She looked up to the sky, the internal pain making her lose focus of the barrier, the dark sky of Unicron and the dim yellow lamp light shining nearby moved closer as the one side of the barrier creaked, it was only Celestia who held the barrier up against Unicron. However, she could see that something bright was approaching Equestria. A glimmer of hope...but before she could celebrate Tirek leaped high into the air and about to fully impact into her with his 4 legs. She hastily rolled with so much pain that her insides felt like they were on fire. She retrieved her halberd from the body of the beast, the squelch of blood and organs ripped from the cavity, but she felt no regret or compassion. Tirek fired his fusion cannons towards her and destroyed whatever was in the way of him and wanted Celestia erased with it. However, to his agony, Celestia leapt out of the way in the nick of time and shot past the waging war. She screamed with all her might and whirled the halberd into Tirek. Unfazed Tirek deflected the strike, the metal clashed against each other and grabbed the weapon. Celestia to her horror saw her father's weapon snapped in half, broken and tossed aside like it was a toothpick. Her only memory of her father and she was beyond mad. Celestia with all her power and spirit charged at Tirek and surprised him. He toppled over as to avoid the horn of Celestia who was using it as a weapon. She didn’t even care if her horn broke, she was going to end the fight one way or another and it was going to be right here and right now.

“YOU SHALL NOT TOUCH OR HURT MY SISTER AGAIN!” Celestia screamed as she did the unexpected of quickly zooming into the air and driving her hoofs into the face of Tirek. The force creating a shockwave knocking everypony of their feet. She continued punching her energy levels diminishing with all her strength being put into the punches. “THIS IS FOR EVERY BROKEN BONE THAT YOU DID TO MY SISTER, EVERYPONY THAT YOU HURT, EVERYPONY YOU KILLED TODAY, EVERYPONY THAT I LOVED!”

Celestia relentlessly continued to pummel Tirek into the ground. A crater started forming as Tirek tried to get up only to be punched again. Tirek’s systems were compromised as the metal exoskeleton structure was crushed under the constant force and pressures. Celestia immediately picked up her father's broken halberd the blade already cutting into her hoof as she plunged into the weakest point of Tirek. And with one final smash, Celestia reared upwards Tirek’s hand raised to slow and landed full force into the head of Tirek only for the head to explode. The metal encasing squeezed the remains of Tirek’s mind, brain and all. Tirek was no more, the purple blood of energon leaked out and sprayed onto the floor. Celestia stood valiantly on top of the body of Tirek, a sight of holy success but at a price. She could see the demons of Tartarus fleeing as the Tirek was the one controlling them, and she sighed only for her body to shut down on herself as she collapsed onto the floor.

*End Song*

Her magic had failed, the enhance state from her sun drained from her body. Unicron pierced through the barrier. The massive maw of Unicron parted the clouds as the orange mechanical horn struck the mountain. Chaos erupted, the horn dug through the mountain that Canterlot resided on, the summit destroyed and crushed and to Celestia's horror, it almost touched Canterlot. But to her surprise Unicron could go no further, the barrier at the crystal empire wasn’t broken yet. It had heavy fractures though as the orange horn tried to eat its way through. Celestia hoped with all her heart that her plan would work, and she looked to the sky for hope. Unicron’s giant pincer scared everyone as they looked in horror at the monstrosity and that Canterlot was almost destroyed. Only the tip of the pincer drilled itself into the summit of the mountain, the rest of it, orange and mechanical everypony had no idea what to do. When Luna’s condition sprang into her mind as she struggled to crawl towards her sister her horn light receding into darkness. Celestia’s eyes grew droopy with every inched she pulled herself, she hoped her sister was alright. But swiftly she was lifted with magic into the air surprising her and was expecting a guard only to be none other than her student Twilight Sparkle. Confusion ran through Celestia’s mind only for them to be answered.

“Twilight what are you doing here, aren’t you meant to be at the Crystal Empire?” Celestia wheezed as she was brought next to the body of her beloved sister. The answer blurred when she stared at her sister's broken state. Luna was not in a good form she didn’t seem to be breathing and Celestia couldn’t bear watch her sister die in front of her. Hooked up to a machine of some sought that allowed Luna to breathe but only the slightest. Twilight decided it was best for her to leave and let Celestia have her private time with Luna. Twilight felt devastated that her mentor had to go through all the mental pains of almost losing her sister, she couldn’t even begin to imagine what it felt like losing her brother Shining Armour and realised that she should go back in there to comfort her. But she was interrupted by all her friends where Pinkie had tapped her on the shoulder to get her attention and Twilight could see that her friends had survived the battle with mostly minor wounds. Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack were gathered by Pinkie who was feeling a lot better from her existential crisis and had been listening to their sides of the story and what happened. Twilight was shocked to find out that Granny Smith had passed away while saving the cutie mark crusaders. So many losses, so many deaths, so many loved ones and all from one crisis. Twilight felt so insignificant now when she came to look at Unicron's face trying to break through the barrier, Cadance, Shining, Sombra and herself were the main ones holding up the remains of the shied but she didn’t know if she could hold it much longer. Meanwhile, Celestia could feel her heart skipping beats, not knowing the outcome of her sister’s fate; she had been so lost for words that she basically got up from her bed and laid her face next to her sister’s body.

“Woona...are you still there, please...talk to me...I could have done so much more to save you but I didn’t and now you're in this condition. All because I wasn't ready for all this,” Celestia croaked, she placed her hoof on Luna’s arm delicately to feel any signs of her sister. She knew it was her fault, only if she reacted in time that maybe the outcome would be different.

A pony came up from behind her to tell her the news. Good or bad she prayed, to whom she did not know.

“Princess Celestia, is this a good time to talk to you about the condition of your sister?” the doctor asked, with a slight paleness on his face. “You may want to sit for this.”

“Yes, I must know!” Celestia cried, as she went to her bed, the pain within intensifying before subsiding away, the way the doctor was acting frightened Celestia. “Is she going to live?”

“We don’t know...” the doctor said fumbling with the clipboard and dropped his pen a few times.

“What do you mean you don’t know,” Celestia said seriously.

“All we found was the bones inside her legs, arms, ribcage, and wings are all broken and her horn has a fracture, her mental state is however unknown. We managed to rescue your sister while you were fighting the mutt of a dog but when we asked her simple questions she didn’t respond straight away, it’s like she’s in a different realm.” The doctor said cautiously, Celestia’s face scrunched up in concern and hope.

“Thank you, doctor, that is all, you may go now,” Celestia said trying to keep her pained face from showing but her eyes betrayed her. Celestia knew what her sister was doing and it was going to be a while till her sister returned.

“I’m also here to check up on you...” the doctor said, still nervously holding the pen with magic.

“I said that is all!” Celestia raising her voice slightly, as the doctor left with a hurry. Celestia realised that they were in a navy blue private tent with only her sister and herself inside. She had no more magic to mend her own wounds, the last of it on its way “Maybe I shouldn’t have sent the doctor away”. When suddenly Twilight and the rest of her friends barged in through the tent causing such a commotion that Celestia had to laugh trying to fit in all at once. A small smile and giggle warmed her heart that she accomplished the impossible but then she came to realise at a price. They won the war against the metallic version of Tirek and the demons. She looked through the little square window of the tent to see the sky still dark, the only thing glowing was Unicron’s maw. The yellow light of despair and darkness eating away and illuminating his presence, the power that he held over them...however she could see a faint yellow in the distant of something she had wagered on. Celestia could hear a massive racket of noise outside and realised that her little ponies were in need of guidance. Twilight came towards her with a face of tiredness and hope, extreme use of magic etched into her face and Celestia could see that Twilight wasn’t afraid, not anymore with her dim lit horn.

“Celestia, I don’t know what to do, I came back to Canterlot because I thought you were in need of assistance with the sudden earthquake but the threat has now become so much worse, I don’t think I can hold the barrier up any longer. I need your guidance, I’m losing my concentration...” Twilight pleaded, while Celestia processed the words and thought about it carefully. Taking into consideration all the possibilities with what she did and believed there was only one solution. Celestia could see the pain in Twilight’s purple eyes and that they were shaking, with the idea of losing everything and everypony you ever loved. The elements of harmony were needed. But she still had doubt, even from the very beginning, when they had convened at the meeting, Unicron was the embodiment of chaos a never-ending evil, could the power of friendship truly beat him. Unicron was massive and even if they do unleash the magic on Unicron does it matter if they hit him on the outside or does have to be right at the heart. So many questions but not enough answers.

To her horror, Celestia was about to answer Twilight when the maw of Unicron rumbled the planet and Twilight lost concentration on the shield. All of Twilight’s friends toppled over each other as the monstrosity’s power demolished through the remaining bits of the barrier and the giant pincers started digging again. Everything shook violently as the mountain was almost completely annihilated, the supports fracturing and almost broken into pieces but Celestia’s hope had arrived. The glaring ball of fire had arrived in the distant and was launched directly at Unicron and Celestia had bet her life on it. The magic involved in moving the sun from its original trajectory was almost too much for her before and nearly destroyed herself doing so. Celestia hobbled out of her bed helping Twilight along the way to witness the incoming impact of the sun and damage it should cause. Unicron’s orange horns continued to dig up the planet but then a massive supernova of light and gasses exploded knocking everything down and rippling the atmosphere. The sun size was about a 2/3 of Unicron’s size and as it crashed, it created a massive plume of smoke and debris. The mountain shook heavily as the pincer that was embedded had pulled out of the mountain with full force and disappeared back into the sky. The sun seemingly destroyed Unicron and pushed him away from Equestrian. Everypony cheered when the light of Unicron faded away into nothing but Celestia knew something was off, she couldn’t feel her sun anymore, the warmth or the aura of it.

“You underestimate me, Celestia!” Unicron thundered as the smoke cleared to reveal the planet still largely intact. The horror of the beast revealed the broken bits of its blue body and showed orange metal underneath only for it to start patching itself up. The blue mechanical parts flew back into place forming a wall to cover the burnt patch that Celestia's sun had done. The parts flew at crazy speeds, the healing factor regenerating multiple parts, and this was part of Unicron's true might and power. Everypony has gasped as the giant figure healed the wound and Celestia looked away in panic and desperation. She didn’t know what to do, it was the end of the planet and she couldn’t stop thinking about what she could have done to save everypony. Unicron, however, wasn’t done showing his capabilities, the worst yet to come.

Author's Note:

Hello Internet, sorry for the big delays but the chapter is finally out. Ok, so I am in need of help, my only editor left because of reasons and I am in need of new one or many. I have been searching the cosmos (Groups) for any but I am having trouble finding people so if you are willing to help me bring this story forward and not let it get cancelled, please PM me. And thank you so much for reading this, if you enjoyed it please leave a comment, and I will see you in the next chapter :D
P.S I only need help with punctuation and grammar :twilightblush:

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Redwolf777sg deleted Aug 12th, 2021
Login or register to comment