• Published 21st Jun 2018
  • 1,630 Views, 38 Comments

The Destruction of Equestria - Deathstroke3170



The Transformer Unicron has come and is about to devour Equestria, will Equestria survive?

  • ...
10
 38
 1,630

Chapter 7a: Sacrifices...Unedited

Chapter 7a: Sacrifices

*Start: Moments by James Paget*

Gleaming white light shone in everyone's eyes, the deafening sound of a crying sister in the air could be heard in all of Equestria. Twilight Sparkle was broken on the inside. In the midst of Shining pushing her aside she only heard the clatter of something heavy and opened her eyes to find all that was left was a majestic white horn and Cadance holding Flurry Heart close to her chest and crying and in that moment, she knew Shining was gone forever. Her BBBFF, vaporised without any goodbye or his face saying I love you. No longer would Flurry have a father to adore, Cadance have a husband to love and herself have a big brother to look up to. She never felt so much raw pain; it had caused her heart to thunder as she couldn’t control herself anymore. The mental pain was worse than she could ever imagine, more painful than any physical pain she had ever felt. Tirek shadowed over the crying pony, as the bright light faded to reveal Twilight sitting defeated, her wings splayed across the floor and tears dropping, eyes closed. The fighting around them stopped with the white light catching the attention of everyone, the clashes of blades and claws hung in the movement as the E.U.P, crystal guards and demons turned to see their Princess defeated. No one spoke, only shock was running through everyone’s mind as Twilight’s horn dimmed. The silence was something you wouldn’t usually hear in the middle of the battle as Celestia and Luna watched from Canterlot, but no one was moving too afraid to do anything as the Princess life was on the line.

Twilight could only think about all the good times that she had with Shining such as the laughter they shared as they were younger, the tough times they have gone through and pulling themselves up and always being there for each other. Twilight’s mind was starting to fracture. Her mind flashed forward before the events all of this madness against this being in the sky, the last time they did something together where there were no threats or any drama’s just a simple day of living life normally. It was a beautiful sunny day where Twilight, Shining, Cadance and Flurry where sitting in the park having a simple picnic. Cadance was laying on Shining as always snuggled together romantically, while Twilight was holding Flurry Heart with magic and blowing her tummy to make her giggle. A sweet innocent scene and as Twilight look towards Shining, he smiled causing her heart to feel warm and fuzzy to have the best brother in the world. But that all changed when suddenly he faded away in an instant making Cadance fall over. Shocked Twilight jumped onto her hooves to find the world plunged into an inky darkness as the demons of Tartarus started rising from the ground around her, but she couldn’t see anything when suddenly a yellow beam of light lit the scene like flashes. She was terrified as she saw Cadance struggling against the demons trying to pull them apart to reach Flurry. But the demons held on to all limbs of Cadance causing insufferable pain as they started pulling in opposite directions. The screams of Cadance and Flurry was all she heard as Twilight powerlessly tried to use her magic and call out to Shining but no answers only whispers. However, she charged into the fray with determination to free her best foul sitter only to witness the scene darkened making her slow down. She wasn’t going to lose her family to some demons as she cautiously trotted through the darkness trying to light her horn. But the place lit up with yellow and to her horror all that she found left of Cadance and Flurry was skeletons. She had no words as she stumbled backwards trying to unsee the remnants of her beloved family, Twilight felt everything taken away from her, the acceptance of her losses made her mind shatter especially when the demons turned towards her. Their pony faces were faces of her friends and families, full of blood and eyes of the milky dead came crawling towards her full charge and she accepted it closing her eyes.

*End song*


*Start Nova by End of Silence*

Celestia and Luna watched from an orb of magic as the news of the siege reached them by letter a few moments ago from a unicorn guard something that left the rulers of the day and night stunned to hear and the cause of the earthquake. Celestia wouldn’t believe that her student was defeated, she felt responsible for this not teaching her the real morals of war and the outcomes that happen. Celestia knew they haven’t had any wars in Equestria in a millennium and decided it was best not to teach the horrors but now she realised it was a mistake. The mistake of teaching Twilight the ways of friendship and that it always conquers all. There will always be those that want to watch the world burn and nevertheless Celestia felt she could have prevented this. She continued to look in dismay as the barrier was slowly weakening with Twilight not using anymore magic and she could feel even more pressure in her magic reserves being built up, with Luna’s face also scrunching up in pain. The barrier was fracturing. The unicorn messenger broadcasting the orb was lifted by a pegasus and flew up in the air to see a ring of demons had surrounded Twilight and Tirek, the first ring laid a broken Cadance and Flurry who was confused why her mother hugged her fiercely and covering her face. Tirek’s fusion canon was aimed with no remorse or guilt a mindless machine at Twilight’s face as the internals started whirling powering up the weapon, the heat not even fazing her.


Cadance was breathless, she wanted to shout to Twilight to ‘move’ but her tongue was caught by her teeth in the nick of time. If she said something now, she didn’t know if Tirek would vaporise Twilight and she definitely wasn’t going to lose her sister in law, not for the whole wide world. All that was in between Tirek and Twilight was the white horn of her husband something she didn’t know if she could get over as she cried even more. The love that she had for her family was so great that in the castle the relic that was protecting the Crystal Empire had shattered into millions of fragments, irreparable the damage. The pain of losing her special pony was too much for her as she felt living by herself all alone always a never-ending pain in her never ready to move on. She knew the risk of Shining losing his life in battle as being Captain of the guard in Canterlot before and now currently being ruler of the crystal empire alongside herself but in reality, she never thought that would happen and right in front of her eyes. Cadance had no idea what to do anymore so lost as she saw the demons surrounded Twilight and Tirek, but she was unfazed by them from grief and hoping for a miracle. Tears of regrets and sadness flowed like a leaking tap letting Flurry know that something was wrong, but Flurry tried to cheer her mum up with snuggles except it wasn’t working.


“Get up Twilight...” Celestia whispered, knowing it was useless as she started crying. She couldn’t do anything to save Twilight of this inevitable fate as her magic was being spent on holding the barrier and held her sister in a tight embrace. The mare of the moon was also lost for words, Luna always thought it wouldn’t end like this for Twilight. She always admired Twilight’s selfless courage and willing to help anypony in need and with all the villains she defeated with the help with her friends, she honestly thought they were invincible. She felt the wet tears of regret on her chest and tried comforting her sister, and too was hoping someone or something would stop this madness.


Pinkie Pie was confused, she was blasting demons with her party canon feeding them cake and explosive presents only to find a blinding white flash causing her to trip over herself. Something that she didn’t expect and when the light faded, she saw everyone turn in a general direction making her wonder what all the commotion was about but in reality, she wished she had looked sooner. She popped throughout the crowd before materialised in the first ring of demons with Cadance and Flurry. There one of her best friend in the whole wide world was crushed and being targeted by Tirek and she didn’t know what to say. Many things soared through her mind as her pinkie senses returned, to see everypony around her were worried and hoped that a miracle would happen. But then she was the first to realise that she shouldn’t give up on Twilight the same as Twilight never gave up on her when she was depressed.

“TWILIGHT STAND UP, DON’T GIVE UP YET, I’M HERE FOR YOU!” Pinkie shouted from behind the demons hoping for Twilight to stand and fight. This started a wall of cries and cheers for Twilight, Starlight and Trixie especially shouting their hearts out to bring Twilight out of her senses. A spark of hope raised throughout the crowds, as the demons around grew restless but to their surprise blades started sprouting through there chest. The distraction proving useful in culling the demon’s numbers down. Tirek was thoroughly annoyed at the shouting getting louder as he fired the cannon to finish his objective of eradicating the barrier in the sky.


All Twilight felt was pain and suffering, the emotional stress of trying to save Equestria through the conventional way of friendship wouldn’t work. She was out of options, to kill was the last thing she could do, and as that thought came to her she felt something inside her snap. Emotions of distraught, loss and something much more, had wracked up and tuned to her magic glowed in power as Tirek's beam of destruction touched her.

Everyone got blasted back from the shockwave as smoke blanketed the battlefield covering the outcome for Twilight. The yellow beam of light produced by Unicron was a scene from a horror movie, as the gargantuan transformer tried to break through barrier. The first one to get up was Pinkie and looked around to see ponies and demons dazed on the floor. A battlefield that was littered with dead bodies, she couldn’t believe all the fighting that had been happening all around her. Cadance was the next to rise up holding Flurry protectively close and Pinkie shouted out Twilight’s name but there was an eerie silence. Everyone was getting back up as they looked through the smoke trying to make out what had happened only to realise that Cadance was looking away in defeat crying silently. Everyone was silent with respect and honour for the Princess. However, no one could believe that Twilight Sparkle had died…everyone fighting had realised that their lives had been affected by Twilight and her friends. By either saving them from dire threats or to have a better understanding with one another through friendship.

Celestia sat in the open field with Luna next to her as the background and her vision became blurry, she felt like she couldn’t continue on with her life as she couldn’t make out the scene. The guilt was the same as when she had felt with banishing Luna to the moon. Twilight was family to her always had been, the moment Celestia had laid eyes on her in her school performing magic she knew that she was the perfect student, ‘She can’t be dead…’ and she let go of hope, and something quelled up inside her. A forever ending guilt that she as a mentor failed to protect and nurture the ones she loved. A torture of some sought but it wasn’t just herself causing this. Up in the sky Unicron watched, waiting for the impending doom that awaits the ponies. Unicron as an essence of chaos and evil can manipulate those who are at their weakest points of their life and Celestia was at that point. Unicron was consuming and feeding Celestia the true nature of himself, deteriorating her mind and filling her conscious to eradicate all will to continue holding the barrier. But something flickered for Celestia as she continued watching.

Something purple.

Hope was brought back into Celestia’s mind vanquishing and cleansing Unicron’s conquest of her mind. As purple lightning creeped from the smoke and caused a stir in everyone, Lord Tirek rose from the smoke dazed from the blast. A confusion on his face was plastered as the smoke cleared to reveal that Twilight Sparkle lived standing face held high, horn at the ready. Celestia cried in joy as everyone cheered on but she knew something was up, 'Her eyes are glowing red' Twilight Sparkle with eyes of red glowed intensely and Tirek’s face was full of distaste as he aimed again releasing a full blast which could obliterate mountains. But Twilight continued walking on as a barrier lit up. A shockwave swept everyone off their hooves again at the power held in the blast and even Celestia and Luna toppled over. Everyone was in shock and awe as Twilight would not stop, continuing to walk forward with her horn glowing brighter by the second letting loose and released a searing beam of pure hatred and rage towards Tirek. It pierced right through the beam that Tirek fired and as it touched the metal exoskeleton, it started melting away. Twilight continued to rip of Tirek's metal coating returning him to his most feeble state as he screamed in agony. Terror struck through everyone as they witnessed their Princess kill for the first time. No one could blame her, but Celestia feared something worse was happening. Tirek was ripped to shreds turning from his fiercest form, limbs torn apart and shoved into a blood ball. When Twilight was done, she dropped the ball of once Tirek and turned to the rest of the demons alive. They tried attacking her, whatever way possible but Twilight was killing with no remorse. Magic was tearing them apart and for everyone watching they didn’t know if she would stop. She flew up into the air, her horn glowing red with might lasered down demons until they were nothing but ashes. And as Twilight finished of the final demon the battlefield became silent. Pinkie jumped up and down and leaped towards her floating friend with the biggest hug but was caught with magic. Twilight’s red eyes flashed with anger and threw Pinkie into the nearest wall. Pinkie collided into the crystal wall causing it to fracture, the action surprising everyone as their weapons drawn. Pinkie slid down the wall coughing blood up as she looked towards her friend with terror before passing out causing wide spread panic.

Celestia got up from her position startling Luna in the process who was watching in confusion at Twilight action. 'I have feared the worse Twilight has lost control over herself, I can’t let her!’ as Celestia tried with all her might and vanished from her spot. Luna was dazed only to find that Celestia was at the Crystal Empire ready to face Twilight on the magic orb. Luna was immediately concerned not knowing if a battle was going to ensure , ‘Oh…no has Twilight lost control…I must help my sister, she won’t do what is necessary,’ but when she stood up, she felt aches striking through her legs from sitting down for an extended period of time. Desperation entered Luna’s mind as she felt that she needed to act, or something worst would happen to her sister, but Star Swirl placed a hoof on her shoulders with Chrysalis in the background opening her eyes to see the situation.

“You mustn't follow, this is your sister’s fight...” Star Swirl said grimly, looking at the orb. Luna was about to argue but Star Swirl cut her off “If you go there, their will be an imbalance in power for the shield, too much on one side would allow the darkness to come through, even now the barrier is already fracturing. You must stay,”

Luna looked back towards the orb and sighed knowing that Star Swirl was right, 'Stay safe Sister!' Luna whispered as she drank some water, wondering what she could do to help. Chrysalis had stood closer to watch the orb and realised that Twilight had turned evil and Celestia was facing off Twilight, she never thought that, even in a millennium and was very concerned at the power Twilight held. She made a silent prayer, thanking Celestia she didn’t decide to kill one of Twilight’s friends to take over Equestria.

Celestia stood on the Crystal Empire’s main street, majestic wings flared as she landed on the ground. Everyone bowed in respect instantly they saw her however Twilight did not. Twilight had turned to face and her and Celestia was already dreaded this and the outcome that could occur if she wasn’t careful. The guards parted ways for Celestia as she walked to Twilight feeling guilty for all this and hoping that she could get through to Twilight before Unicron destroys them all. Celestia felt the strength of Unicron as he gnawed through the barrier. Time was running out.

“Twilight Sparkle, listen to me, I am sorry for your loss but you don’t have to wreak vengeance upon those that have done nothing, you must overcome your guilt,” Celestia spoke, hoping to reawaken Twilight’s true self but to her dismay Twilight had flown up in the sky charging her horn again. Celestia prepared herself, as a giant beam of magic was launched at her, Celestia placed a barrier in the nick of time only for it to start fracturing from the power. Holding 2 barriers was something that was becoming painful for Celestia as she didn’t know she could hold on anymore. The beam of magic lit up like a super nova, blinding everyone in the vicinity. Celestia knew she couldn’t lose, the world was at stake and instead she pushed the barrier upwards into Twilight with anguish cancelling the magic beam letting Celestia some breathing room. She didn’t want to do this, Twilight was like a daughter that she never had, and was already regretting hurting her. But Twilight got back up with no signs of injury and already firing bolts of magic towards her in retaliation. The guards started moving to protect their princess, but Celestia shouted at them to stay back. It was an ordeal that she had to face alone and extended her wings, the grand might within them as she flew towards Twilight dodging the beams and trying to reason with her along the way.

“Twilight, please snap out of this, you are better than this, your friends are here for you, they have been with you from the very beginning of this and you gave up on them. That is not the Twilight I know, we need the Twilight that loved her friends and would never dare hurt them, we need the one that would inspire others in friendship and to always stick together,” Celestia shouted through the battle raging on. Nothing seemed to be sinking into Twilight as she never slowed down but Celestia on the other hoof was not doing as well. She was getting tired, wings dropped slightly and her eyes struggling to stay open. Celestia didn’t know what else to say, as the next beam hit her flatly in the chest causing her to spiral downwards and tumbling across the floor and smashing into a crystal house. Everyone gasped, holding their command of staying put as Twilight landed a few metres away. She started walking towards Celestia who was coughing up blood and was staining her own pristine white coat. Luna had been watching this whole time and was rigid with fear of losing her sister. It came to her what she had to do as she let herself fall into the dream realm. Slipping away her body fell onto the floor while Star Swirl caught her with magic and started barking orders to be prepared for anything. Star Swirl looked up to the looming sky, the blue barrier filled for all the hope in the world of Equestria. It was diminishing and it was up to Luna and Celestia. Celestia opened her eyes the bright light of death laid above her, Twilight’s magic ready for the final kill and it was a sight that no one wanted to see.

But Celestia wasn’t going down and fired a magic beam hoping it would knock out Twilight. However, she regretted it instantly as her student deflected it, ricocheted right back at her and pierced her in the chest. Everyone was shocked and rushed forward to help, before Celestia could say anything Twilight let out a shockwave knocking back everyone. Celestia wheezed heavily the stupidity and the random luck that her downfall would be from her own doing. ‘I’ve taught her to well’ Celestia smiled when she could see Twilight’s horn once again light up raised high into the air ready to lay the final strike. Time. She had to delay, one last chance.

*End Song*

“TWILIGHT SPARKLE!” Celestia boomed in her royal Canterlot voice, something she hadn’t used in a long, long time. Twilight lowered her magic and stepped backwards in confusion. Celestia felt hope running through her veins and she stood up from the rubble of a crystal house even though more blood dripped from her mouth and chest. She immediately hugged Twilight before Twilight could do anything else. There Celestia let her emotions control her knowing she had been approaching this all wrong before. Tears cascaded down Celestia’s face as she held on tightly to the now frozen Twilight with the glimmer of hope inside. Twilight was a rigid stone trying to budge her off but still Celestia held on as if it was the end of the world. The wound was painful but she pressed on knowing that if she didn’t there would be no hope left for everypony.

“I am sorry Twilight, this is all my doing, you have and always been a daughter to me, you have lost a brother, somepony so very important, I understand that. I lost Luna for a millennium and everyday after I sent her to the moon I was always thinking about her day and night, trying to save her from Nightmare Moon with all my power,” Celestia sighed, hoping that she was doing something to reawaken Twilight and looked up from all around her. Battle worn guards, friends and families unified together, fighting to live. She couldn’t believe how they managed to unite all areas of Equestria, and she realised it was all Twilight’s doing. Something that made her proud, in a way that in the lowest of low that Twilight and her friends could accomplish anything. “Twilight if you can hear me, please come back, we need you, I need you...”

Luna traversed the dream realm trying to find Twilight’s dream self, but it was much harder to pinpoint. Something was altering the location messing up Luna's senses. Luna appeared through a blue portal to find herself in a park, and there she saw Twilight herself huddled up on the floor cradling herself, her eyes unfocused and was holding something.

“Twilight...” Luna asked, when suddenly the once sunny sky of Celestia’s sun darkened blocked by the monstrosity of Unicron, his artificial yellow glow revealing the truth. Luna gasped, at what the light really showed and to her horror her stomach was turned inside out. Demons, she wasn’t afraid of that more the fact they were tearing up ponies specifically her favourite niece Cadance and the baby Flurry Heart. She was stunned and to find that Twilight on the ground was holding a white horn, Shining's horn, matters worsened to see Twilight was being eaten.

“No...” Luna whispered trying not to draw attention to herself and turned opposite direction. She followed her heart and decided to look elsewhere, ‘This place is dead already, I must find her quickly before her mind deteriorates into nothing' disappearing to wherever Twilight’s last location. Her home, the castle in the Everfree forest, it was strange to look back at it as she hadn’t been there since she transformed causing fears to reignite. But she pressed on, flying through the front doors that was jarred opened almost ripped off the hinges instigating her to be on guard. Inside the library which Luna guessed where Twilight was heard a loud sobbing coming from underneath the far table Luna soared to that spot and peeked underneath to find Twilight but this time, she looked fearful.

“Twilight are you alright?” Luna asked, not seeing her true face, hoping that she was fine. Twilight Sparkle dashed out from her hiding place and galloped to the exit already into the forest. Luna was quite surprised but found under the table was a book. Specifically, a photo album. And the page it was on surprised her. It was of Nightmare Moon and the day she was separated from her. Something she didn’t understand and realised she was wasting time. Already leaping into action, she smashed through the glass panel and flew over the Everfree Forest, but it all changed when the monstrosity appeared. The clouds parted and the yellow beam of death lit up the world and Luna knew what she had to do. Eradicate the evil within as she readied herself for battle, flying high into the air and started channelling her magic. Luna’s magic absorbed the surroundings, charging her devastating spell and the immense power of Luna grew rapidly. With one final swing Luna released the magic while soaring into the heart of evil as Twilight from down below saw Luna being swallowed.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long typing the story up, the alternative will be up in 3 days or so, I hoped you enjoyed it, please tell me what you think of it in the comments and I will see you in the next chapter :D :twilightsmile: