• Published 21st Jun 2018
  • 1,630 Views, 38 Comments

The Destruction of Equestria - Deathstroke3170



The Transformer Unicron has come and is about to devour Equestria, will Equestria survive?

  • ...
10
 38
 1,630

Chapter 6a: Death

The dark looming shadow of Unicron was covering the bright sun in the sky, the giant embodiment of death had swept the entire planet into a perpetual state of darkness. The feeling of being watched was scaring citizens from around the globe, the animals on the other hand did not understand a thing that was happening as the cycle of night and day had ceased to exist for them. Time was short, and it was altering the world as time went on, the sun never reaching the surface where it was cooling the temperature of the planet. Something that wasn’t foreseen by anyone as the temperature started dropping, what was worse was everyone was preoccupied.

The ponies had to split up so that the barrier was evenly distributed to hold the strength of Equestria. Cadance, Shining Armour, King Sombra and Twilight Sparkle were at the Crystal Empire holding off the left mandible of Unicron, while Celestia, Luna, Chrysalis and Starswirl were at Canterlot holding off the right mandible of Unicron. The blue barrier of pure magic was holding off Unicron successfully and was to such an extent that Unicron was worried that he would not be able to pass through. But his plan for domination was in place, so it wouldn’t matter either way, he was chaos and would destroy anyone in his path, one way or another. Agony was the one word that every magical creature felt as the shield groaned, some ponies felt it more than others and would pass out in pain, while others would pass out from exhaustion. Whatever the case was, the numbers were slowly diminishing.

Pinkie Pie was a mare of few words when the world was ending, the lack of smiles was worrying her friends as they could see that she had lost her happiness. Even with Twilight’s and Fluttershy’s inspirational speech it still came out moot, her tone had gone to a world of depression and she only clung on because of friendship. But even then, what was it all for when the world would end, when her friends would die. It was a question bothering her to the point of insanity, as the long night was waning on her. What was worse was when the group had to split, a choice that would ultimately change her.

She had decided to follow Twilight and Rainbow Dash to the Crystal Empire for support, but it meant leaving Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack in Canterlot which upset her more dearly. As the group finally hugged each other and said their goodbyes they were gone in an instant. Pinkie had never felt sadder in her life before, depression had locked her down. As they materialized at the crystal empire main castle, it was a sight to behold even for Pinkie. With the sun gone, the afterglow was affecting the city, as it had become a beacon of hope, the last light source before going to the more primitive ways. Every time the sun sets in the Crystal Empire, the crystals would emanate an afterglow of the sun rays turning the beautiful city into a night display that astounded everyone. The colours of the rainbow dazzled everypony new to the kingdom which included Twilight and the gang as they had never been at night time, it was an amazing sight. But something was a bit off, the place was deserted to say the least, well there were not any citizens but there were hundreds of Guards and other magical beings. They were all scurrying around getting everything set up, the town square had turned into a camp where hundreds of military unicorn guards were getting ready to prepare the shield, King Sombra coughed though gaining their attention.

“We must go now, we do not have enough time to dilly dally,” Sombra said.

“He’s right,” Shining said, already walking to the nearest sergeant to get a report on the progress.

Cadance and Twilight had been positioned at the very centre of the empire, something that worried them but Shining assured them it was fine, it was just strategy. All unicorns were helping with the magic barrier leaving only the earth ponies and the pegasi to defend and support the unicorns as they did their jobs. Rainbow was helping the pegasus guards with patrolling as there had been more reports of wendigos and other creatures lurking at the barrier of the Crystal Empire which had caused panic, but it was taken care of with Shining’s leadership. Pinkie was in the midst of things, a little lost in her thoughts, well that was until Twilight booped her on the nose.

“Why did you do that?” Pinkie asked.

“Thought you needed someone to cheer you up,” Twilight said, as they walked to the centre again.

“But that’s my job,” Pinkie whined.

“Well you’re not doing a very good job being depressed like this” Twilight sighed waving at her with her wings, “You know I had always been jealous of you Pinkie, to never worry, to never care in the world, to tell you the truth I thought you were ignorant, you were always happy no matter what, it’s kind of like a gift if you think about it, but to see you like this is something I thought I would never see in my entire life. You see me I can be stressed at times, my mane sticking out and my speech becoming weird and all.”

Pinkie starting giggling at that, remembering all the times it had happened, it had even gotten worse with the creation of the friendship castle the politics that made Twilight look insane and mad and it was even sometimes over the smallest things, but Pinkie had always been there to cheer her up when needed.

“You have always been a good friend Pinkie, honest to Celestia, I have cherished you as a friend from the first time I met you in Ponyville, even though you were strange at first and I want you to be happy through this tough time, it’s not like you to be like this. I know the world is ending, everyone on the planet now knows that its ending but I cannot bear to see you like this, it’s best to live life to the fullest like what you do usually but the only way we can do that is to fight and to do that we need you to smile and be your normal self, we all love you as a friend Pinkie, never forget that!” Twilight said, seeing the tears in Pinkies eyes, something that she had never seen before in her life and she rushed to hug her friend. The wet feeling on the shoulder as it all came out, Pinkie’s sob made Twilight feel bad but a tighter embrace by Pinkie made Twilight smile.

“You’re right!” Pinkie sniffled, wiping her nose with a tissue that she got out of nowhere and blew in it. “This is not the real me, thank you Twilight, you have helped me find my inner happiness again, I shall go help anyone that feels depressed now” and bounded off bouncing up and down unexpectedly to Twilight who saw the cheerful nature in Pinkie again. She was about to say something to Pinkie but before she could, she heard Celestia’s and Luna’s voice echo in her mind, it was time.


*Start James Paget - Together As One*

Time was the enemy for Twilight as she felt the full strain of Unicron, the pain unimaginable, agony burned her head, her skull screaming at her to stop the pain but couldn’t. Magic was straining every inch of her body as she tried to fight back. She had read once in a fairy tale about a regular pony carrying the weight of the sky on their shoulders. Something that she laughed at before at the way the pain was described but now she could believe very much of it as Unicron kept pressing on. As a princess and a friend, she had to put up with the pain, she was feeling the burn reaching her body, exhaustion was reaching her eyes, but it had only been a few hours which made her feel bad now as the world was ending.

But she pressed on nevertheless. She looked to the right of her to see Cadance with the same problem, the deep intense concentration, the sweat running down her face and the whimpers from time to time. Shining and King Sombra on the left of her were dealing with the same problem but looked like they were more in pain, groans and the sounds of hoof stamping was echoing across the Crystal Empire as they had a slightly different job in the shielding. An odd silence had now been resonating in Twlight’s ears because of the deep concentration, not even the winds that would sometimes howl, it was just utter silence, which was scaring Twilight. unicorn guards had been falling every 30 minutes, but they were replaced in an instant by other unicorns. The exhausted unicorns would rest up until they could wake up which according to the doctors and nurses was in roughly a whole day. But over usage of magic was a dangerous line that they were crossing but no one was complaining as the end of the world had been coming.

But something or someone was coming, tremors were starting to be felt as if an earthquake was about to strike. Tirek was coming, the sound of the cantering hooves was the loud thundering that could be heard but he wasn’t alone. While he was waiting for Unicron’s orders he had built soldiers using bits of his own body, a neurotransmitter. Being all machine with no thought it was only the instructions that had been implanted in his head that allowed him to control the demons. He had released them into Tartarus, the place of his imprisonment, and the metal would infuse with the closest demons and would turn them into mindless servants no matter how strong willed. One he was surprised with was when a huge three headed dog came bounding towards him, the three heads had glistened with metal turning their eyes red and the brown fur now a deep purple. The purple three headed dog was Cerberus, a myth of nightmares but now coated in metal ooze he was beyond nightmares. Tirek had two options when he saw the barrier go up, according to Unicron’s mental link he could attack either, Canterlot or the Crystal Empire his main target was one of the Alicorn Princesses where if one of them fell then Unicron could break through the barrier.


Twilight felt a slight tremor, something that was unexpected to her and was thinking whether to speak or not as it takes a lot of energy, the continuous burning pain was unbearable as she tried her hardest not to stop, her life depended on it, everyone’s life did.

“Did you feel that?” Twilight asked, feeling another tremor rattle her bones.

“It’s coming from the east,” Sombra replied, “And it’s coming closer,”

“Status report, Sergeant,” Shining groaned.

“We don’t know yet sir, we sent our fastest flyers, but they have not yet returned, the outpost hasn’t sent any warnings either,” the Sergeant responded, before looking towards the sky, “Wait someone is coming, they’re injured quick medic unit approach him or her at once,”

“GET OUT OF THE WAY,” the approaching pegasus shouted, the cyan furred rainbow blur crash landing into the crystal floor, her wings singed at the edges and pink burn marks covered her body. She was huffing and puffing, the sweat pouring down her face as she felt her wings burning in pain. Twilight heard Rainbow’s voice and opened her eyes for the first time in hours to find her friend suffering from second degree burns.

“OH, MY Celestia, what happened to you Rainbow?” Twilight asked as concern was raised when the medical team arrived placing ointment on her. Twilight could see the fear in Rainbow’s eyes something that she rarely had seen, almost as if sad too. “What happened out there?”

“Dead, they’re all dead, they are coming I…” Rainbow stuttered almost breaking down as the medical team assessed the damage on her.

“What do you mean dead, who are they?” Shining asked, “I need details, we don’t have time. Sarge prepare your defences we might not have enough time,”

“I dunno…the flying team was just briskly flying towards the outpost, I let them have a head start in flying as I could make it quickly, but when I flew towards the outpost …there was nothing left of the squad, strange metal things were blowing up the walls of the outpost.” Rainbow responded sadly, trying to hide her fear but it wasn’t enough, the tears started flowing down her eyes, rolling down onto the hard crystal floor, shining realised what had happened the same time as Cadance, King Sombra and Twilight.

“No,” Cadance murmured, the shock in her face, her hoof covering her face as the truth hit all of them in the face.

“I tried to save the ones at the outpost, but they were long gone, I could hear their screams of help, the cries they still echo in my ears, the flying squad died at my hooves and as I was lying there holding the dead body of a friend I had just made. I tried to help, I was so close to helping them, but the metal beings started shooting at me, I just couldn’t leave them there, but it was so hot. The beams seared my skin and wings I didn’t know if I would be able to fly ever again. Twilight they ripped ponies in half, there were metal beings and a giant three headed dog. All I can see now are the skulls of the dead rolling towards me…I’m scared” Rainbow cried before passing out on to the floor the shock reaching her.

The medic captain wing was placed to find on Rainbow’s neck immediately to find a pulse but there was none, “QUICK WE NEED TO SHOCK HER!”

“NO RAINBOW DON’T DIE,” Twilight cried, she couldn’t bare watch looking away, the tears rolling down her face as she saw the lifeless body of Rainbow haunting her for days on end.

“Sarge get your defences ready now, we need dozens of unicorn squads ready on standby, pegasus in the air for lookout and earth pony fighters.” Shining shouted, “We are not letting this mare die in vain.”

“WHERE IN CELESSTIA’S NAME IS THE UNICORN MEDIC?” The medic shouted, “WE NEED HIM NOW OR THIS MARE WILL DIE!”

“He’s not here we don’t know where he went,” one of the guards said sadly.

“No, she can’t die,” Twilight cried on to the body of Rainbow’s body, something that she thought she would never do in her lifetime. The arrogant brash pegasus wasn’t going to stay dead not if Twilight could help it.

“I will do it,” Twilight said psyching herself up but before she could do it, Sombra stepped in her way.

“I will do it,” King Sombra said, “I will not let this mare die, I have killed to many and I must have redemption,”

“But if Sombra if you do it, you will die, your using too much magic at once that can overload your system” Twilight strained from the intensity of keeping her concentration with the hit of Rainbow dying was waning her down.

“Twilight I don’t care about my pathetic life, I died once and I will do it again, all the time I was taking the Crystal Empire I was doing it for myself, for my own personal ego because I wasn’t treated right,” Sombra labored, “But I want you to know this I am willing to sacrifice myself to save your friend because…I love you,”

“WHAT?” everypony in the vicinity shouted.

“It’s true, the moment I laid eyes on you at the Crystal Empire, bah, there’s not enough time,” Sombra said, “If I survive I tell you the rest,” quickly concentrating as everypony cleared the way, Sombra’s horn burning bright of blue lightning, sizzling at the sight before touching Rainbow’s body. A jolt ran through her but nothing, a second shock coursed through Rainbow’s body but nothing, with every shock tiring Sombra making him stagger slightly. “I WILL DO THIS FOR TWILIGHT!” Sombra shouted in his head before striking a third time, the lighting jerked her body and a gasp for air. Sombra collapsed on the floor, his legs gone to jelly as he felt the world around him spin, the exhaustion reaching his eyes, but he stayed where he was, he couldn’t fail the barrier. Twilight looked at the now panting Sombra, his words hit her like a freight train to the face, when she realised that Sombra had a crush on her. She became so lost in thought, even when Rainbow was put in a stretcher and moved away but before she could do anything Sombra wheezed something.

“You don’t have to say anything yet Twilight, I know I don’t deserve anything from you or anypony, but I just wanted to let you know before dying, being a hero is one thing, but redemption is another. I am no hero, I wanted to redeem myself from the past mistakes I have made, I distanced my only friend Radiant from myself, just leave me be.” Sombra said, before slowly falling into a slumber.

“TRIXIE AND STARLIGHT USE YOUR MAGIC NOW, KING SOMBRA IS DOWN,” Shining said looking at Twilight who was lost, her eyes unfocused on the world around her. “Twilight, pay attention, if one of you alicorn princesses stop the shield all is lost,”

*End Song*
“Right,” Twilight said shaking her head, but uneasiness was still coursing through her head.
“LOOK OUT!” A pegasus mare yelled.

Shouts echoed across the city as the empire started shaking, the crystal square was rumbling, as a giant purple dog burst through a crystal home, something that no one ever though they would see. The cantering of hooves echoed towards the group as the shape of Tirek appeared. Except it wasn’t him, the metal covering him completely astounded the group. Tirek already was scanning the area for the alicorn princesses and detected them but they were surrounded by several squads of earth ponies and pegasus. The pegasi had donned on wing blades that had been enhanced so they could slice through metal with a flick of their wings while the earth ponies had donned metal boots which were light weight but packed a heavy punch when bucked that could easily break through reinforced magic doors.

“CHARGE! PROTECT THE PRINCESSES AT ALL COST!” Shining shouted, already moving the centre group away from the action as the two forces collided. The pegasus guards swooping down to slice the demons that had stood there silently not making any noise. However, some were unlucky as the demons had grabbed the swooping guards and started tearing them limb by limb. The earth ponies had rushed towards the enemies and started bucking away with the unicorns as artillery support. Magic rained on the enemy, but it still wasn’t enough as it appeared that Tirek had enslaved all of Tartarus. More demons filled in the gaps and what was worse was that Cerberus was demolishing the guards. It ripped through, tearing ponies apart causing great panic and fear to rise through the ranks of the Crystal Empire. Tears were brought to ponies’ eyes as loved ones died, demons poured through the ranks and the sounds of audible bone crunching filled the air. This horrified Twilight making her feel sick, as she staggered backwards behind the ponies that started forming a shield ring.

However, she spied Pinkie in the dense spears and bodies holding a giant cannon. The three headed dog Cerberus bounded towards Pinkie and was about to chomp her in half with the bloodied teeth when the party cannon went off causing a deafening pop noise. Cerberus middle was hit with cake with enough force to knock down it down. This caused it to run in the opposite direction as if scared into the opposition causing chaos and mayhem. Tirek was not happy and brought up both wrist mounted fusion cannons, it powered up in a flash up as the giant three headed dog approached Tirek and fired killing the dog in an instant and the whole body flopped onto the floor. Shining stared in awe at the cannon that killed the great beast in a second and knew they had to escape.

“We have to go NOW!” Shining said, “I will go get Flurry Heart. Cadance, you stay with Twilight and Sombra, there isn’t enough time to argue just go,” and already sprinted towards the steps of the castle. The battle was not going great as Cadance was already cantering away slowly with Twilight a little bit far behind towards the grizzly north, it was the only way out. She hoped that Shining was alright and that they would make it out. King Sombra was placed on a Crystal Earth Guard and had been jogging with them waiting for orders. However, Tirek saw that they were escaping and started cantering towards them not caring who was in front, squashing whoever was in his way. The sounds echoing in Twilights mind as she vomited her contents out. A giant shadow approached them slowly, the right arm of the fusion cannon raised towards Cadance who stood in shock, not knowing what to do, when an earth pony valiantly carried by a pegasus launched a full backwards buck to the face causing Tirek to stagger.

“A valiant effort but I wasn’t aiming for you” Tirek computerized voice responded and swept the pegasus and the Earth pony into the nearest building causing it to crack. His cannon already facing Twilight and fired. Time slowed for Twilight she looked at the battle that she was in the middle of as she already tried to scamper away from the cannon, but the blast size was still too big to fully escape, and she didn’t know what to do. But it was all over in a second as Shining pushed her to the side and creating his own shield which already dissipated the moment the beam touched it.

A clatter was all that Twilight heard as she looked through the haze of magic expecting to see Shining but to only see a crying Cadance cuddling closely a confused Flurry Heart.

“NO!” Twilight shouted before her surrounding erupted in white.

Author's Note:

Ok so basically this where the story will split up, depending on what you choose on.
This is story a so if you want to continue this story only look at chapter “a” :D
I hope you enjoyed reading and I will see you in the next chapter :D