• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,178 Views, 11 Comments

With Heart and Sword - FALG



Kindness wasn't the only thing that changed me.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,178

Change

The next day

Now that I knew that everything was just a dream, it finally made sense. Because I could never defeat Shining Armor, no matter how many weapons I carry with me; the same goes for my dad, he taught me, and even though that he doesn't know my own style of fighting, he wouldn't lose so easily. They didn't get to be Captains for nothing.

It was also more than a coincidence that Fluttershy and I ran into the same pony we tried to help a week ago. It was like he actually followed us from Ponyville (maybe those hooded ponies were the group that came with us in the train). And since it was a dream, it wasn't sure if he really was a unicorn.

The "purpose" cutie mark disease never existed, my subconcious made that up so I could realize my purpose in life myself.
But I couldn't remember it. And I also didn't know if my cutie mark had actually changed.

I started thinking that it will never happen, it was too unreal.


I got discharged from the hospital pretty quickly, with a stay of a week total. Fluttershy helped me get up from the bed, after days of not standing, I had to get used to it again for the next days.

We walked the route to my house, not saying anything. Once we arrived I asked her to come in and she accepted.
Plaid came to open the door for us:

"You finally arrived." he said

"Hey Plaid, what's up?" I asked

"Nothing much, I was doing great until you showed up" he joked.

"I'm grateful to see you too brother."
I entered with Fluttershy's help, and she made me sit on the border of my bed, and she sat next to me.

"Who took care of you?" I asked Plaid

"Well, the librarian came to watch over me sometimes, or she asked me to go there if she couldn't come."

"What... Twilight?" I was surprised

"Oh that was her name" Plaid said. "Does it suprise you?"
Fluttershy then proceeded to explain to him the part of my dream where I asked Twilight to watch over him.

"Nice joke, but that won't work on me y'know?" Plaid mocked

"Why does everypony think I'm joking?" Fluttershy whispered to me. And I just laughed a bit.

"How it was decided that Plaid would be under Twilight's watch?" I asked back

"Well, when Twilight came to visit you, I asked her to. It was the next day after we almost get robbed."

"Where my dream started" I said "looks like I overheard you in my sleep."

"Maybe" she just replied.
We kept silent for a while, and my heart started racing again; like it happened in my sleep of taking the train to Canterlot.

The Plaid broke the silence.

"Hey Flare, did you take a look at your cutie mark?"
Then I remembered, and quickly looked at my flank.

It HAD changed.


Now there was a heart clad in armor below the sword I always had for a cutie mark.

"F-Flare? What is that?" Fluttershy asked scared

"Maybe the cutie mark that symbolizes my purpose." I suggested
I looked at it steadily, trying to figure out what it meant. And I let out a smile, I couldn't believe I haven't thought of that before.

"What does it mean?" Fluttershy asked.
I looked at her, and said it.


When it comes to love, nothing is impossible; family, partners, marefriends. You are able to pull out a strength you weren't aware of.
My dad told me that years ago, and I had more than one opportunity this last week to prove it. Even though only one of the two times I protected Fluttershy was real, they both along with my feelings for her made me realize my purpose in life.

"Protect those that I love."

Comments ( 6 )

1053844

I just fixed that, maybe it will be more convincing this time.

I rather liked it; Fluttershy has always been my favorite! :yay:

You remember me, yes?
I favorited "I Met Kindness" awhile back and forgot to check for a sequel. I found a sequel :yay:

1662067

I do remember, thanks for that! Though I just checked and your favorite was gone, maybe because you favorited it before I revoked the submission.

Great that you like this one too! And for the record, I got another few released following this series, if you feel like it, check them out!

1666408
I will!
Eventually...

I just finished reading this in 1 sitting at 3:30 am.
Another good story.
NEXT!

Login or register to comment