• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,179 Views, 11 Comments

With Heart and Sword - FALG



Kindness wasn't the only thing that changed me.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,179

Light

I’m Flaring Blur, but those who know me can call me Flare.
I already told you my story of when I met Fluttershy, and this part of my story takes place a month later.

I’ve been going out with her for almost a month; to be honest, I wasn’t expecting to even get to date her in the first place. But she accepted me. She accepted me!

The first date we talked about our past. I told her about my life as the son of Canterlot’s army captain, my trainings, my life as a pupil; I think I told her almost anything about me.
She told me how she discovered Ponyville thanks to a race in which her friend Rainbow Dash was involved. She told me about how she got her cutie mark and her adventures with her best friends.

I was kinda jealous of her, she had a group of friends, her best friends. I had plenty of them, sure. But I never had a best friend, all the friends I had weren’t worth for being my best (I’m a bit selective, just like my brother), and that’s plainly selfish from my point of view, but I just can't help it.

Fluttershy was the mare I always wanted; I liked shy ponies, and she was making honor to her name. She took things slowly, and I’m patient enough to oblige; I like things to happen fast though, but for her, I’d wait forever.
Our dates weren’t too special, just some strolls, visits to Sugarcube Corner and occasionally another bar or restaurant. But I was planning on doing something a bit more romantic at some point.
Actually, this was exactly the day which I wanted to do something else… after a month of going out with her.


It was at night, around midnight, we went out for dinner and I asked her if she didn’t mind to walk around Ponyville with me. She was kinda scared because she didn’t like the darkness, but in the end accepted as long as I was with her.

“You look nice tonight” I told her when we were walking down the empty streets.

“I always look like this Flare” Fluttershy said a little embarrassed.

“I know, but you look specially nice today” I replied.
She smiled, I loved it when she smiled.
A few minutes passed, there was a complete silence except for the occasional breeze and the rustling of leafs.

Then a shadow came out of nowhere, and blocked our way. We stopped, waiting for the shadow to leave, but it stayed still. Then the shadow spoke:

“Stay calm, I don’t want to hurt you” it said.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Just give me your money, and I’ll let you leave”.
Fluttershy stepped in, I wanted to stop her but I couldn’t move thanks to the shock of being mugged.

“Please sir, you don’t want to do this” she said.

“Don't you dare get near me, just do as I say and nothing will happen to you” the pony said.

“You don't have to do this sir, you can still change your mind” Fluttershy assured.
The shadowed pony didn’t reply, and I could swear he was about to leave, until:

“Hey brother you ain’t chickening out ain’t ya’?” a voice behind me said.

When I looked back, two more ponies appeared, they were hooded so I couldn’t see them clearly.

“Guys, I don’t want to do this” the shadowed pony said.

“Oh but you don't have other choice” the second hooded pony replied.

“No I don’t, I don’t have to do this”

“Too late pal, you can't back down now, you finish what you start." the first hooded pony started walking towards the shadowed pony.

“Hey, leave him alone” I stepped in.

“Get the hay outta my way, this doesn’t concern you”.

“We can arrange this” I started “we give you our money and you let us go, everyone wins" I suggested.
The hooded pony thought for a while, and then said:

“Okay, deal, you two go away, but you are coming with us” he said while pointing the shadowed pony.

“No! Leave him alone!” I got surprised because Fluttershy got between them.
The hooded ponies laughed, they too were surprised at her impulse.

“C’mon pretty girl, you’re joking right?” the other hooded pony said.

“Please, there must be a way to arrange this.” Fluttershy said.
The two hooded ponies looked at each other, and then looked at her again.

“Well well, there is always a way to arrange things” I could note that the hooded pony was grining as he was reaching his hoof to touch her muzzle.

“Don’t you dare lay a hoof on her” I jumped in.
The pony looked at me surprised as much as I was of myself.

“What did you say?”

“I will not repeat myself” I said walking towards him.

“Ohhhh the kid has some guts don’t he?” the hooded pony scoffed looking at Fluttershy “so what if I touch her like…” he was about to touch her shoulder “this?”
As soon as he touched her, I found myself bending his foreleg, forcing him to sit just out of pain; when I released him, he looked at me with a wrath that (I assume) he didn’t know he had.

“Well, looks like we’re doing this the hard way” he said.


The hooded pony spun and gave me a mule kick, I only had time to raise one hoof and block it as I could. Then he tried to pin me down, and I sidestepped.
The other hooded pony wanted to hold me but I kicked him, stunning him. As I looked the other hooded pony preparing for another tackle, I stood on my hindlegs, rising my forelegs to have a better guard.

“Come on, hit me!” I taunted him.

He went for another pinning, I sidestepped; he tried again a few times and I finally countered, doing a circle throw launching him a few hooves up, and he landed with a thud.

As he got up, he looked at me with even more anger, almost grinding his teeth.

“You are so dead now, you know that?” he said.

“Oh yeah? Prove it” I replied.

The hooded pony instead of pinning me, he rammed; he headbutted me, and with his forelegs he grabbed mine making me trip.
On the ground he kicked my head plenty of times, and I was about to give up; but I saw the other hooded pony struggling with Fluttershy.

Fluttershy

I rolled to a side and rammed the first hooded pony, I stood again on my hind legs and hit him with my front hooves time after time again. He didn’t know how to defend himself, and he fell out of tire. He couldn’t feel his head anymore.

I rushed to Fluttershy and rammed the other hooded pony, as he was on the ground I told him:

“You better run out of here while you still can dumbflank, you don’t know what I could do to you”
He nodded quickly and I left him run away. I looked back to Fluttershy.

“Are you okay?” I asked her.
She couldn’t respond, she was shocked. I apprached her but she only stepped back.

“Fluttershy, it’s me Flare, don’t you recognize me?”
She didn’t respond, but looked at me deeply, until she snapped and hugged me.

We kept silent a while, until I asked her again if she was alright.

“Yes I’m okay Flare” she sighed looking around “I’m sorry the date got ruined”
I completely forgot, it was still a date after all.

“Forget about the date, nothing matters to me as long as you're okay.”
Then, a light came from behind me, along with a stabbing pain in my flank; I dropped to the ground, screaming as a white light surrounded my vision.
I could hear Fluttershy screaming my name, everytime her screams sounded farther than the last, until I couldn’t hear her anymore.

And the next moment, everything went black.