• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,178 Views, 11 Comments

With Heart and Sword - FALG



Kindness wasn't the only thing that changed me.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,178

Prologue - 500 bits

A family consisting of a father and two sons were at the Canterlot train station; the sons were departing from their home, looking for a new life.

"Thanks for coming with us to the station dad" said the older son.

"It was the least I could do" replied the father.

The sons put the cases and bags in an empty compartment inside the train and headed outside to have some last talk with their dad before leaving.

"I hope you find a good life in Ponyville, Plaid are you sure that was a good choice?" the father asked the younger pony.

"Yes dad, I looked for everything that talked about Ponyville: booklets, newspapers. I told you already didn't I?"

"Yeah you did, I'm just a bit uneasy because you are leaving, that's all" replied the father.

"Dad, we will be fine, I promise" assured the older son.

"I know I know..." said the father.
A moment of silence passed by, then the father spoke again:

"I have a parting gift for you guys" he said while grabbing a little chest he had brought with himself.

The brothers looked at its contents, and were surprised at a yellow shine coming from it.

"Five hundred bits; no more, no less" affirmed the father.

"Wow dad, but why are you giving this to us?" the older son asked.

"I thought you may need a little help sometime in your new home, so I thought of giving you this. Use them with care." the father said.

"Thanks dad but, we can't accept it, it's too much" the younger brother said.

"Guys, I have more than plenty of these to take care of myself the rest of my life; being the trainer of the Canterlot army doesn't pay as much as being its Captain, but it's more than necessary. This is nothing guys." the father insisted.

"Well, I guess we can take it. But we will use them just in emergencies." the older brother said.

"I know you will use them well Flare" the father said with a smile.

The train whistled, signaling that it was about to leave the station.

"Well, looks like this is it, dad. Thanks for everything." said the older brother, about to cry.

"Have a good life in Ponyville kids; we will meet again." replied the father hugging his two children.

"Take care dad" the younger son said.

"You too guys" the father answered.

The brothers then hopped in the train and pulled their heads out of the window, to wave goodbye one last time to their dad, just as the train started to leave the station.

"Ponyville, here we come."