• Published 9th Aug 2012
  • 1,178 Views, 11 Comments

With Heart and Sword - FALG



Kindness wasn't the only thing that changed me.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,178

Back to the start

"Come again?"

Plaid was somepony who had trouble understanding even the most simple things; but I couldn't blame him for not understanding this, I didn't quite get it too.
I explained him my situation again.

"Oh this is just perfect." he said "How come you are so special, and I'm just some kind of misfit wanting for my life to change for a little bit?"

"I told you, I didn't want for this to happen, it depends on the future personality of the pony, just like the cutie marks."

"But didn't you say you are getting another cutie mark?"

"Yeah, but this isn't any cutie mark; this one doesn't represent a talent, but instead a purpose, or so Twilight told me."

"Oh I know your purpose in life, make mine a reason to laugh at!" Plaid yelled.

"PLAID! SHUT THE HAY UP! Everything you do with your life has nothing to do with mine! So stop complaining about your life and do SOMETHING FOR IT!" I yelled back.

My brother flinched, it wouldn't be the first time; everytime he had a chance to make a reason for his life being miserable, he rubbed it at me.

His life wasn't miserable, he overacted it; many good things happen in his life but he doesn't pay them attention, and he complains for nothing good happening to him. He just doesn't see them, I couldn't blame him for that.
I had the same problems sometimes.

I calmed down and I resumed:

"Look, I shouldn't care what happens in your life; I'm just telling you, there is nothing wrong with it, you only think so because can't recognize something good when it comes."
He looked at me, with a stare that self-explained his thoughts.
I didn't bother to keep explaining him, it was a waste of time. "He'll find out on his own" I said to myself.

I packed some of my things in a bag, a pouch full of bits, some clothes, and in a separate bag my weapons. If I headed to Canterlot, I could use them in the barracks; after all, my dad was still working there as a trainer.

As I headed out of the house, I looked at my brother one last time:

"You sure you don't want to come with me to the station?"

"Why? Nothing will happen to you, I'm sure you'll still be here in a week. This won't be the last time I'll see you"
He wanted to keep arguing, he was good at that; but I was the silly one for falling into it.

So I headed out of the house, without saying anything else.


When I got to Twilight's house it was 2 PM, I had to leave now for Canterlot if I wanted to solve this.

"Would you mind looking over my brother every now and then?" I asked Twilight when I arrived.

"Of course, don't worry about that." she said.
She gave me a parchment, sealed with a ribbon.

"Princess Celestia said she is a bit busy to receive you personally, so I wrote a pass for you to enter without problems."

"Great, thanks; so when does the next train leave for Canterlot?" I asked.

"The next train leaves in two hours, you have time until that, have you eaten something at least?" she asked me.

"Yeah don't worry, I ate at home; I'm leaving, I have to still buy a ticket for the train."
She wished me good luck, and then I left the library towards the station.


It was as bustling as I first arrived at Ponyville. I went to the ticket booth and bought a ticket for the train to Canterlot, and waited for some time.

Almost two hours passed, and it was almost time to leave, I entered the train, leaving my belongings onto one bed of it's compartments.
Not many ponies entered the train, which suprised me, Canterlot usually had many tourists, but this time only a group of ponies entered the train.

Then somepony appeared, and trotted to the ticket booth in a hurry, I approached the pony:

"Fluttershy?" I called
The pony looked at me:

"You thought you'd be going alone right silly?" the pegasus said with a smile.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"I'm going to Canterlot with you, I'm involved in this problem as much as you do. Besides, I can't let you go alone, that doesn't seem correct." Fluttershy answered.
The train whistled, signaling it was about to leave the station.

"C'mon hurry! I'll carry your stuff, you get in the train!" I ordered.
She did so, and the train almost left us behind, but we reached it in time.

After two months in Ponyville, I was going to visit my home.

It was ironic, the same place were my life started, would be the place where my life could end.