• Published 11th Feb 2018
  • 612 Views, 9 Comments

Midnight Macintosh - Mocha Jon



What happens when Big Macintosh and King Sombra become one?

  • ...
6
 9
 612

Chapter 3

Much later that night, Celestia had taken down the sun and Luna had risen the moon, but the giant red stallion was not asleep, he had nowhere to go. In the place he took refuge, he had assembled a box made of crystals that was only big enough to fit himself in, but not in a very comfortable position.

While attempting to rest, the red stallion was pondering who he was, where he was, and why he was there. He did not even know his own name, and was living in a crystal box, what was his purpose? And how was he to survive living in a town with so much crime? Even though many of the ponies only commit those crimes to survive, he cannot stand seeing those crimes happen in the first place. Stealing was always wrong right?

Suddenly, a loud whistle was heard, and the red stallion could faintly see a train coming through the translucent crystals. Even worse, he could hear fights starting to take place, and morbid curiosity made him cut a hole through the crystal shelter and saw that two ponies were fighting for a ticket.

“Okay girl, I paid for the ticket, it’s mine!” The orange one tried to tackle the blue one for the ticket, but she dodged her.

“Girl you bought it with the money I gave you, come at it and I’ll stab you a third belly button!”

“Sista I survived you doing that once I can handle it again!” She said as she successfully tackled the blue pony.

The red stallion knew why they were fighting for it without needing to ponder anything, they both wanted to get out of that town and go to a safer and more secure location, he rationally understood how adamant they wanted to leave but did not like them fighting over it, but he stayed out of it. Eventually the incipient train eventually arrived, and the conductor went out the front cart and did a stereotypical, “AAALLLLLLL ABOARD!” He yelled until he noticed the two mares fighting for the ticket, “Oh come on… Every time…” He was used to seeing ponies fight to get out of there, nothing surprised him… Until he saw the sparkling set of Crystal ten feet away from the two ponies. “One night this place can’t afford a coffee house but the next has crystals the size of Celestia?”

The two mares stopped fighting and pulling each others’ manes when he asked that, “Brotha stay FAR away from those… That pony will make you real messed up!” The blue one told him, the orange one took the opportunity to take the ticket and quickly ran onto the cart.

“BLAM!!! DUH DUH-DUH DDDUUUHHHH!!!” She yelled with a smug grin.

The red stallion rolled his eyes at that, he didn’t even know who rightfully owned the ticket, but he felt bad for the blue mare, anypony who is forced to stay where they are now in that place is living torture.

“Sorry sista but I can’t let anypony on without a ticket, unless you want to start another fight with a cactus for one, you’re out of luck!” The conductor told her, rather unsympathetically.

“Cactus? Boy you got problems!” She said in anger, not expecting to get on the train now, “Brotha I clearly ain’t gettin’ on the train so why don’t you take your ticket and just shove it up your…” She tried to threaten until a loud shattering sound was heard that cut her off, leaving her and the conductor surprised.

They looked over and noticed the crystal shelter had basically exploded, with the red stallion standing up while looking like a mixture of smugness and confidence, “Willing to take a bribe?” He said as he used his horn and the largest crystal shard was levitated to the conductor, who looked at it in awe, “We’ll take two seats please!” While the conductor was distracted looking at the crystal, the large red stallion simple grinned and guided the blue mare to the cart, “I think we’re we’re all set.”

The conductor allowed them to cheat like that and let them on board, “Sure thing… All aboard…!” He responded as they entered, with a tone in his voice that expressed that he was aware of them cheating the system but clearly didn’t care.

The orange mare was seen sitting with her hooves sitting on the head rest of the seat in front of her, but she looked surprised and angry when she saw the blue mare enter, “Hold up! I had the ticket, what in the h…” She tried to exclaim until she saw the large red stallion enter too and instantly retracted, “Never mind.”

The red stallion remained quiet as he took his seat, returning to his more signature stoic expression on his face. The blue mare sat two seats over from him and wanted to seem like she was ungrateful for what he did, not wanting to give credit, but even she was wondering why he did it. “Man I don’t get you, you’re here for a day, knock out ponies and almost turn them into jewelry then help their income and get them on trains? Are you a goody two shoes or sociopathic maniac?”

Another guest on the train, a pegasus wearing a green visor, “Well he’s an Apple, so clearly he’s a nice guy.” He said as he pointed to the red stallion’s cutie mark.

“An Apple?” As she was a city girl she was unfamiliar with the famous country Apples.

“Oh totally, they’re the most famous farmers in Equestria, looks like this one’s related to Big Macintosh, probably a distant cousin.” He added, but looked surprised to see he was a unicorn, “Must be a defect, they usually don’t marry unicorns.”

The red stallion looked a little concerned and confused at hearing the name ‘Big Macintosh’, it sounded rather familiar, but he couldn’t put a hoof on it. He looked up at the moon and instantly knew it was midnight, and he had an epiphany. That was who he was, Midnight Macintosh, that was his name, that was who he was. Now all he needed to know is what his purpose is, wherever he is going, Midnight Macintosh knew he would find his purpose in the new town.

Comments ( 3 )

8768026
Looks like you read it instead of ‘or not’!

vary cool! it felt a bit rush but still a fun chapter.

Login or register to comment