• Published 24th Dec 2017
  • 14,176 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship Games: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Friendship Games between Canterlot High School and Crystal Prep Academy are almost ready when Fragment Hunter returns with a few guests. However, when Twilight Sparkle starts researching Canterlot High's recent magic, something else shows up too.

  • ...
5
 9
 14,176

Sci-Twi's New Choice

After Principal Celestia declared the Friendship Games a tie when the battle against Midnight Sparkle and the Grimm ended, all three teams were given medals and they all began to get along with each other. While the Shadowbolts spoke to most of Fragment Hunter about what Remnant was like, Azalea, Sunset Blaze, and Vinyl all saw Twilight sitting on the front stairs of CHS while she was petting Spike in her lap. Glad to see her happy after everything that happened earlier, the three Huntresses approached Sci-Twi at the same time Dean Cadance went to speak with the girl. "I guess that was one way to finish up your time at Crystal Prep," Cadance remarked as she took a seat next to Twilight.

"Yeah. Discovering magic and fighting us when it took control of her," Azalea said as she kneeled down and scratched Spike's chin. "Not to mention Cinch blackmailing her into competing by implying she would deny Sci-Twi's application to that study program."

"Don't worry about it," Sunset Blaze told the others. "Between us and Twilight, I don't think that Cinch will stay as Principal at Crystal Prep for long when word gets out."

"Still, I'm pretty sure Cinch will be fast-tracking your application after all of that," Cadance said to Twilight.

"I've been thinking about it and... I'm not so sure now is the time for me to apply to Everton," Twilight told Cadance. "I may know about a lot of things, but friendship isn't really one of them. And I'm definitely not gonna learn more about it by being alone all the time."

"That's for sure," Blaze and Azalea both stated as they bumped fists, remembering their respective lonely pasts and how meeting Fragment Hunter at Beacon had improved them in multiple ways.

"So, you're staying at Crystal Prep," Cadance asked.

"Well, it seems the students here at CHS know an awful lot about the subject," Twilight noted as she, Cadance, and the three girls from Fragment Hunter watched a student from CHS hug her friend. "I don't suppose..."

"You could transfer to this school instead," Cadance and the Fragment Hunter trio said as they interrupted Twilight.

"Really," Twilight asked with an excited smile.

"You'd certainly be missed at Crystal Prep. But I think that's a great idea," Cadance said as she hugged Twilight. "I'll be sure to speak to Principal Celestia about it right away."

"Well, we better check on the others while you go chat with Celestia," Blaze said as she, Azalea, and Vinyl went off in the direction of the Wondercolt Statue to talk with their friends.

At the statue's portal base, the Rainbooms were hanging around while Sunset Shimmer held her magic journal close to her chest. "Still no word from Princess Twilight," Fluttershy asked as she pet Angel Bunny. As Sunset looked through her journal again, Fragment Hunter regrouped with the six girls in time to hear Shimmer's answer.

"Not yet. But I think I may have figured out how magic works in this world," Shimmer said as she turned to the others. "We pony up when we're showing the truest part of ourselves. I was so busy waiting for someone else to give me the answers that I gave up looking for them myself," she explained before stroking the cover of her journal. "I'm sure there will be more magical problems that pop up in this world, but like Applejack said, Princess Twilight has her own problems to worry about in Equestria. We can't expect her to always be around to help us."

"Yeah. Who knows when she isn't dealing with politics, magical problems, or just hanging out with her friends in Equestria to have enough time to come here," Rebecca said as she started to fiddle around with a few shuriken.

"But maybe I can be," Sci-Twi said as she approached the group with Spike in her arms and Principal Celestia behind her.

"There's still some other paperwork to handle, but it seems we have a new Wondercolt here at Canterlot High," Celestia said as told the others about Twilight's transfer.

"I'm not sure how much help I could be. But I'd like to try. If you would all give me a chance," Sci-Twi stated as she faced the Rainbooms.

The Rainbooms were all thrilled to have Sci-Twi transfer to CHS while Fragment Hunter all smiled at the news. "I'm sure I can count on you girls to help her feel at home," Celestia said to the Rainbooms.

"You sure can," Sunset Shimmer said as she wrapped her arm around Twilight's shoulder.

"Group hug," Pinkie called out with her usual chipper glee and brought the other Rainbooms in to welcome Twilight to Canterlot High School. "You too, guys," Pinkie said as she looked at Fragment Hunter. Smiling and shaking their heads at Pinkie's infectious happiness, the twelve warriors all joined in the embrace as the five adults from Remnant were glad to see everything was working out in the end.


A while after the Friendship Games ended and Sci-Twi's transfer was finalized, the Rainbooms were enjoying a picnic by the destroyed Wondercolt Statue with Fragment Hunter joining them. "It's been some time since you transferred, Sci-Twi. How's everything going," Lapis asked as she opened up a water bottle.

"Well, the girls invited me to join their band as a backup singer," Twilight said to start the list. "There's a trip to Camp Everfree coming up in a couple of weeks. Rarity's helping me with my wardrobe a bit. Oh, and I wanted to ask you about something I remember from the Friendship Games. What's a 'Spring Maiden'?"

"It's part of a fairy tale from Remnant called 'The Story of the Seasons'. It's also called 'The Four Maidens' at times," Slate told the Rainbooms.

"One of my family's favorites," Azalea said before she bit down on an apple.

"Same with everyone at my school before Beacon," Sunset Blaze stated.

"What's it about," Rarity asked. "If it has to deal with a young and beautiful girl, then I'd be happy to know more about it. Perhaps it could help inspire me to come up with some more designs."

"It goes like this," Vixen said as she used her illusions to create better visuals for the story as Fragment Hunter explained. "In the forests of Remnant, a wizard hermit lived near a river in an old house. He was a cold and frail man who rarely had visitors, but he soon saw something one day. He looked out his window and saw a young maiden sitting beneath his tree. She was meditating in absolute tranquility, but the wizard demanded an explanation from her as to why she was waiting around at his home. She said that her name was 'Winter' and that she was on a journey, waiting for her sisters."

Soon, Rebecca took over the story's narration. "She went back to her mediating and left the wizard alone, understanding his reclusive nature and sat in peaceful silence under his tree. The hermit thought that this girl was a fool for doing what she was doing, but seeing her in serenity, he was encouraged to rest and think about his isolation while he did his own meditation."

"When he opened his eyes, he saw that a second girl had joined the first one and carried a basket filled with fruits, flowers, and seeds," Azalea chimed in and told the story to the others. "Introducing herself as 'Spring', she told the wizard that she was on a journey and was waiting for her sisters. When the hermit reluctantly allowed Spring to wait alongside Winter, the new maiden decided to repay his hospitality by tending to his garden. The old man saw that the young girl had turned the pile of dirt next to his home into a bountiful garden that was full of life. Watching the girl continue fixing up his garden, the wizard soon heard somebody else at the tree in front of his home."

Layla began to tell the next part of the story as Azalea took another bite of her apple. "A third young woman arrived and the wizard asked who she was. Saying her name was 'Summer' and that she was waiting for the last sister to arrive, she laughed at the fact that the wizard kept staying inside his home when the front door was right next to him. Convincing the hermit to come outside and enjoy the nice day with them, Summer and her sisters soon warmed up the callous man's heart and he left his home to see that he wasn't feeling like himself anymore. He was feeling much better and soon joined the three sisters as they waited for the last arrival. Fixing up his home some more and taking in the beauty of nature, the guests soon prepared a feast when the day came to a close."

"That evening, the fourth and final maiden arrived beneath the wizard's tree and he only asked for her name as he beckoned her to join them," Silver said after he took a drink of soda. "Saying her name was 'Fall' and that she was the eldest sister, she soon asked who the wizard himself was. Explaining that he was just an old hermit that lived in the woods for centuries without anything to say about his story, he said that he didn't have anybody to care for and nothing to his name. Fall soon told him that he had a wonderful home in a peaceful location and that he should be thankful for what he had. The hermit was grateful for the help of the four sisters, but he still wondered why they helped him."

"The maidens explained that they only did it out of the kindness of their hearts and that they would have done it for anyone," Sunset Blaze continued. "The wizard was surprised at the fact and thought that the sisters deserved something as a gift. Summoning the magic he had, he gave the four girls the power to control the very elements of nature without the need for Dust and Aura. With their own magic, the sisters listened to the wizard as he said that they could now help others even more on their journey. As they left, they made a promise to the wizard that they would always come back each year and visit their dear friend."

"That's so beautiful," Fluttershy said as she wiped tears from her eyes.

"Yeah. It was," Sunset Shimmer and Sci-Twi agreed.

After a while, the portal activated and the others got out of the way as somebody came through it. "I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner," a girl that the Rainbooms and Fragment Hunter recognized as Princess Twilight Sparkle apologized hastily. "I didn't get your messages until just now because I was caught in this time travel loop and, honestly, it was the strangest thing that's ever happened to me," she said before noticing the doppelganger of herself in front of her. Sci-Twi waved shyly to the Princess while Pinkie slurped her drink noisily. "Make that the second strangest."

"Sci-Twi, meet Princess Twilight Sparkle from Equestria. Princess, meet the human version of yourself," Rua said as she gestured to the girls.

"What about a time loop," Cereza asked as she fixed her glasses.

"I think we have a lot to talk about right now," Princess Twilight said as Pinkie handed her a drink.

"Get comfortable, Pony Princess," Rua said with a smirk. "We're going to be here for a while."

Author's Note:

And now, the fic is done! I'm going to be focusing on some other projects for my writing before I get to writing up "Legend of Everfree: Another Story". I hope you enjoyed it and if you did, leave some comments on the chapters you liked best.

Now, I'm excited for "Forgotten Friendship" this weekend. Alongside the Black Panther movie, I feel like I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

Comments ( 4 )

Why not just make a straight-up RWBY fanfic?

10300910
Oh, I have. A few, in fact. They're on my FanFiction. I just think using this site for EG fics is more fun and appropriate. Especially since I can edit the chapters here better.

10301031
Can I please get a link to said fanfiction account?

Login or register to comment