• Published 24th Dec 2017
  • 14,176 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship Games: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Friendship Games between Canterlot High School and Crystal Prep Academy are almost ready when Fragment Hunter returns with a few guests. However, when Twilight Sparkle starts researching Canterlot High's recent magic, something else shows up too.

  • ...
5
 9
 14,176

Fighting For Friendship

"Hunt's on, everyone," Terracotta told the other Huntsmen and Huntresses after he killed the giant Nevermore Grimm that the group of warriors pinned down with rocket lockers that held their weaponry and ammunition. At his command, everyone began to separate to fend off the Grimm that were attacking CHS and the Crystal Prep students. "Ven, you handle any fliers that might attack us from the sky," he told his brother and the Falcon Faunus only nodded before he shot into the air and started to slash away at other Nevermores that appeared through the portals. "Ivy, you take care of anyone that gets injured," Terra advised his wife.

"Right," Ivy said as she started to find a safe area to stay hidden from Grimm while taking a few injured students from CHS and CPA along with her.

"Fragment Hunter, you all help out your friends," Terra said before he heard a loud stomping sound. Looking toward the source, he saw a giant set of walking armor made entirely out of scrap iron. Unlike the previous Arma Gigas that Azalea and Vinyl fought, this one was bigger than Terracotta and had a large serrated sword that it seemed to fashion out of materials from a dump nearby. "I'll handle the piece of junkyard art," he said as he twirled his large claymore around and got ready for a fight. "Bring it, big guy!"

The Arma Gigas held its sword at the ready and swung it at Terracotta, but the Huntsman easily dodged out of the way and slashed at the monster's legs. Forced to its knees, the armored Grimm was left open to Terra's strikes and its armor began to chip away. Standing back up, the Arma Gigas swung its sword to try and force back Terracotta as he blocked the attack with Sarangay. Terra and the Gigas kept swinging their swords and blocking each strike, but the bystanders that watched the action began to notice something. As the duel dragged on, the Grimm's movements started to become sluggish and it struggled to lift its sword while Terracotta's motions became even faster. It was almost as if the large sword Terra wielded in battle seemed to become lighter while the makeshift armor that the Grimm possessed became even heavier.

As the fight continued, Terracotta soon jumped back and swung his blade with more power behind it while he let out a loud and deep bellow. The force of his swing seemed to cut the air itself into a bladed wave that sliced the monster's right arm clean off and disarmed it of the weapon it had. Pieces of scrap iron fell to the ground and scattered all across the battlefield as the Grimm stumbled back. Seeing that it needed a new arm, the Geist inside the armor summoned its real arm and began to possess the rubble from the Wondercolt Statue. With the monster acquiring a new stone arm, Terracotta soon put his sword away on his back and grabbed at the Arma Gigas' own weapon. "Did you want this back," he asked the Grimm rhetorically before he prepared to attack again. The Arma Gigas ran toward Terracotta to try and punch him with its new stone arm, but Terra threw the makeshift weapon back at the Grimm and the force behind the throw severed the armor in half.

With the 'corpse' of the monster falling to pieces, the Geist emerged from its shell and started to flee. However, Terracotta reached into his coat and pulled out a pistol that he acquired from the rocket locker he called. Aiming steadily, Terra fired the gun once and a bullet went flying into the Geist and killed it with a headshot. Gazing back at the battlefield, Terra moved on and continued to battle against the monsters and keep the other bystanders safe as he ran up behind a Beringel and suplexed the Grimm ape.


Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were cowering in fear as a few Beowolves cornered them against a wall, but several gunshots sounded off and the monsters all fell dead to the ground. Slate held out his revolvers and kept aiming at any Grimm he saw before he turned back to the three girls. "Get out of here! Now," he told them as he kicked a Creep away that popped up next to him and executed it when it fell to the ground. The three listened to him and managed to sneak inside the school through an open window. At the same time, Sunset Blaze managed to climb onto the roof of the school and took a sniper's position to handle any Grimm from a distance. As she sniped the monsters, the de facto leader of Fragment Hunter looked down to see what was happening with the others.

The rift that Twilight opened when she blasted the ground began to crack the sidewalk more and some students from Canterlot High and Crystal Prep were starting to fall in, but the Rainbooms were quick to act and began to save them while the rest of Fragment Hunter dealt with any Grimm that would have taken a chance to attack the defenseless teens. While Applejack managed to pull up a Canterlot student that nearly fell into the rift to Equestria, Pinkie managed to save one of the Crystal Prep students. However as Rarity tried to rescue two students from Canterlot and Crystal Prep, she almost fell into the rift and had to grab at a ledge. "Hang on," Rainbow Dash called out as she tried to save another CHS student.

"Obviously," Rarity replied as she held onto both students with one hand. While she managed to hold onto them, her grip on the ledge was another issue. The Shadowbolts were all unsure of what to do, but Sour Sweet remembered what Azalea said before and the others soon agreed to help out. As Rarity's grip on the ledge was finally giving up on her, she nearly fell into the rift to Equestria. However, Indigo Zap and Lemon Zest managed to grab Rarity's arm and managed to pull all three teenagers to safety.

While Rainbow Dash managed to pull up her classmate, Sour Sweet managed to help Pinkie and Sunny Flare helped pull Fluttershy and Spike to safety as the ledge they were standing on began to give out on them. Sunset Shimmer watched the Shadowbolts put their competitive streak behind them and help out her friends. She, the Shadowbolts and the Rainbooms soon saw that the latter were glowing with their magic. Shimmer soon saw that Twilight's amulet began to react to the magic and pointed to Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. As she thought of what everything meant, several members of Fragment Hunter were still fighting off Grimm.


"I really despise these Grimm," Celadon said as she and Vinyl faced off against some Night Crawlers. "We might as well deal with them now," she suggested as she pulled out her spear and Vinyl prepared some hard light clawed gauntlets. The two cut away at the centipede-like Grimm and managed to stab several of them in their eyes to kill them before taking care of the others at a distance. Holding out their hands, Celadon fired gem-like shards like a shotgun while Vinyl unleashed energy blasts from her palms. Each attack was tough enough to kill off the younger Night Crawlers but when the projectiles collided with each other, they created a larger explosion that destroyed the bigger monster centipedes instantly.

Nocturne and Aurora drew a partisan and an ornate rapier respectively as they faced off against a trio of Beringels. "Just like old times, Sister," Nocturne said as she spun her partisan around and it sparked with electricity. As she pointed the weapon at the demonic gorillas, lightning shot out from it and electrocuted one of the monsters. As it fell to the ground, Aurora managed to rush in and stabbed the monster in the eye with her blade before returning to Nocturne's side.

"I agree," Aurora replied as she began to stare down the monsters. The ape-like Grimm growled before they beat at their chests and leapt at the Huntress sisters. Dodging out of the way, Aurora's body began to glow and released a blinding light that distracted everyone watching her. As the Grimm recoiled from the light, Nocturne acted fast and tripped one of the Beringels before stabbing it where its heart would've been and electrocuting it. As the second gorilla monster began to evaporate into smoke, the last one roared before jumping back toward the remains of the Arma Gigas that Terracotta killed. Grabbing at the scraps of armor, the Beringel threw them at the Celeste sisters to deal with them from a distance.

Seeing what the Grimm was doing, Nocturne's black hair began to move like it was blown by an ethereal wind and it began to look like a starry night sky. At the same time, shadows around the area began to move around before they became tendrils that caught the iron scraps before they could hit anybody. With the monster's offense neutralized, Aurora used her own Semblance to create an orb of light that shot forward into a beam that pierced the Grimm's skull and killed it immediately. "Let's keep moving, Nocturne," Aurora said as they moved across the battlefield to take care of more Grimm and bring more injured students to Ivy for healing.


As Twilight laughed evilly from what she was doing, she soon heard Azalea calling out to her. Looking down, she saw Azalea and Rua standing below her with their weapons at the ready. Azalea had Gladion out and sparking with electricity while Rua transformed her shield into twin blades that she placed on her arms. "Twilight, you have to stop this! You're going to destroy three different worlds trying to find answers that you can't get. If you keep doing this, I'm going to have to treat you like the Grimm," Azalea warned.

Twilight only laughed at Azalea before speaking to the Cow Faunus. "Twilight was the name of a girl who was only just starting to explore the dark unknown that was magic," she said. "I think that 'Midnight Sparkle' is a more suitable name for me now!"

"I don't care if you're the Spring Maiden, I'm still going to kick your ass if you don't give us back our friend," Rua shouted at Midnight Sparkle with a burning and fierce glare in her eyes. "So you better flock off, feather-face! Otherwise, we're going to beat you out of Twilight," Rua exclaimed as she got into a fighting stance.

Midnight Sparkle only laughed at Rua before speaking up again. "You two really think that you can fight me by yourselves," she asked as she charged up another attack in her hand and aimed it at the two Huntresses.

"They're not by themselves," a voice called out before Midnight turned toward the source. Seeing Sunset Blaze jump off of the roof, Midnight Sparkle saw that her sleeves were glowing and a stream of fire engulfed her before Blaze landed on Midnight's back and forced her to the ground in front of the Wondercolt Statue. Everyone nearby watched as Sunset Blaze, Azalea, Vinyl, Rua, and Celadon all grouped together to face off against the transformed Twilight as she used a small pulse of magic to get rid of the flames covering her.

Azalea reached into her pocket to pull out a second Multi-Action Dust Baton and combined her twin weapons into a staff that had one half sparking with electricity while the other half was covered in an icy mist. Rushing in, Rua and Azalea were the next of the current fighters to attack Midnight Sparkle as they struck the she-demon respectively with bladed punches and staff swings that were enhanced by electricity and ice. Midnight Sparkle attempted to defend herself from the attacks by creating a thin barrier around herself similar to how Fragment Hunter used Aura, but the damage was only minimized and she still felt the pain from each attack. Starting her counterattack, Midnight sent a blast of magic in Rua's direction and the latter had to quickly reform her shield to block the beam. As Rua defended herself, she used her Semblance to teleport above Midnight Sparkle and unfolded her shield into a giant shuriken to throw at the magically-overwhelmed she-demon.

Midnight Sparkle was quick to dodge the attack from Rua, but forgot about the others when Sunset Blaze called out a new order for the fighters. "Fantasia," Blaze exclaimed and signaled for Celadon and Vinyl to attack. The two blasted at Midnight Sparkle with their Semblances and made sure to aim their projectiles at the same spot to have them collide. With the gems exploding with the energy blasts hitting them, Midnight Sparkle's artificial Aura took major damage. "Fire Flower," Blaze shouted as she and Azalea got into position to use a team attack of their own. Changing her staff to twin batons and setting them to use Wind Dust, Azalea created a whirlwind under Midnight that Sunset Blaze set ablaze to create a burning tornado that engulfed their target. As Midnight was trapped by the spiral of flames, Blaze began to attack her with shots from her weapon's sniper rifle mode.

With a grunt, Midnight Sparkle flapped her wings to dispel the flames and fired more beams at the members of Fragment Hunter. Luckily for them, none of the shots opened up new portals as they only created small craters on the ground as the girls dodged. "Underground! Punk Rock," Sunset Blaze called out again to have Azalea, Rua, and Vinyl work together again. As Vinyl used her weapon to create platforms with her hard light disks, Rua and Azalea climbed up until Rua used her shield to launch Azalea toward Midnight Sparkle. Switching her batons to use Gravity Dust, Azalea managed to strike at Midnight and force her to the ground. "Now, guys," Blaze called out and everyone from Fragment Hunter began to attack Midnight Sparkle as she was pinned down. However, Midnight unleashed a pulse of magic that forced all of Fragment Hunter back and most of them briefly flashed with different colors to show that their Aura had been depleted.

After seeing most of Fragment Hunter get knocked around, Sunset Shimmer paid attention to the Rainbooms and Twilight's amulet again before she turned to Midnight Sparkle. "Twilight! This isn't the way," Shimmer called out to Twilight and the latter listened to her to see what she was going on about. "I know you feel powerful right now, like you can have everything you want! I've been where you are, I've made the same mistake you're making! I put on a crown and, just like you, I was overwhelmed by the magic it contained! I thought it could get me everything I wanted," Sunset explained as she shared her past about when she stole Princess Twilight's Element of Harmony.

"Oh, you're wrong," Midnight Sparkle told Sunset Shimmer. "Unlike you, I can have everything I want!"

"No, you can't," Azalea said as she stood back up and prepared to fight some more as her Aura was one of the few that didn't break. "Even with all that magic and power, you'll still be alone," she told Twilight/Midnight as she cleaned away some blood from her mouth.

"She's right," Sunset Shimmer stated. "True magic comes from honesty! Loyalty! Laughter! Generosity! Kindness," Sunset said as she held Twilight's amulet above her head. As she listed each characteristic, the rest of the Rainbooms began to glow and they seemed to offer their magic to Sunset Shimmer and the containment device. "I understand you, Twilight, and I want to show you the most important magic of all..." Sunset Shimmer began to float in the air as she said this and she soon threw Twilight's amulet onto the ground when enough magic from the others was collected. As the device shattered on the ground, another sphere of magic engulfed Sunset and began to transform her. Unlike Twilight's transformation, Sunset didn't cry out in pain and the magic didn't overwhelm her as her clothing changed. When Sunset's transformation ended, she now wore a dress that was pink, white, and gold in color, had short fingerless gloves, new shoes that had her own sun emblem and fiery wing designs, and a small number of accessories that bared her sun emblem. She also had a red line going across her eyes, a long straight horn made of magical energy, and shimmering wings made out of gold light. "...the Magic of Friendship," Sunset Shimmer told Twilight as she stared her down.

As Midnight Sparkle moved slightly back in fear, Fragment Hunter and the Rainbooms were amazed at Sunset's new form. "Wow... She's breathtaking," Celadon said. "If we didn't know any better, I'd say this was a dream."

"Daydream is more like it," Silver said before he stabbed another Beowolf in the chin with his bladed shoes.

"You know, 'Daydream Shimmer' has a nice ring to it," Pinkie mused loud enough for at least someone to hear.

As Sunset/Daydream and Twilight/Midnight floated above the battlefield, Shimmer held her arms in front of her before extending them toward each rift that Midnight Sparkle opened up. Firing golden blasts of magic, Sunset managed to close each of the rifts that lead to Equestria or Remnant. When Grimm were emerging from the red and black rifts as they closed, the soulless monsters were cut into pieces and the Goliath in front of the school was decapitated as it sounded off a death cry. As Midnight Sparkle watched her portals vanish in anger, Sunset blasted away at any Grimm that she saw below her and killed them all instantly as Ventus Gaia finished off the last of the Nevermores in the air. After the portals and Grimm were dealt with, Midnight Sparkle powered up and flew toward Daydream Shimmer with a fist covered in magic energy. The latter responded by charging ahead and using a magically-enhanced palm strike to counter it.

The two transformed girls collided in midair and a flash of light was released when their attacks met each other. Everyone watched the battle as Midnight and Daydream soon unleashed blasts of magic from their hands. As the beams of magic collided, they sent off another blinding flash. When the flash faded, both girls were trying to overpower the other with a beam struggle straight out of comics. Daydream began to slowly overpower Midnight, but the situation was soon reversed as Midnight gave a grunt of effort and channeled more magic into her attack. Sunset was fighting back to defend herself as Midnight Sparkle laughed over her approaching victory. Everyone watching was afraid of what would happen if Sunset Shimmer failed, but Fragment Hunter and their Huntsmen chaperones all had the same determined look on their faces as they prepared to attack Midnight Sparkle with what ranged capabilities they had. As they blasted Midnight with Dust attacks, gunfire, or any of their ranged Semblances, the raging she-demon barely felt it and just continued to attack Daydream.

As the battle raged on, Spike jumped out from Fluttershy's arms and landed on the ground. "Twilight," the dog called out to his friend and owner.

Hearing the dog, Midnight looked down and saw Spike looking up sadly at her. Seeing her beloved dog looking her like she was a monster, Twilight's eyes changed back to their normal violet color. "Spike," she whispered. Sunset Blaze, Daydream Shimmer, and Azalea saw that not only Midnight Sparkle was distracted, but that Twilight was still somewhere in Midnight's mind. Taking their chance, Daydream Shimmer took advantage and dominated the beam struggle while Azalea and Blaze jumped onto Midnight's back and grabbed at her wings. Seeing what was happening, Twilight's eyes turned back into Midnight Sparkle's cyan color and she failed to push the beam away. "Noooo," Midnight screamed in fear and panic as Daydream's blast engulfed her and Sunset Blaze's body began to glow a light red as a pillar of light appeared around the four girls.


When Twilight opened up her eyes, she saw that she still looked like Midnight Sparkle and was in a white void with Azalea and Sunset Blaze by her sides as Daydream Shimmer floated toward her. Flinching in fear, Twilight backed away and all three girls looked at her. "Twilight, we're not going to hurt you," Sunset Blaze told Twilight to calm her down.

"We're your friends. We were worried about you when you changed into this form," Azalea said. "It's time that you got back to Spike."

"Take my hand, Twilight," Daydream Shimmer said as she extended an open hand to a scared Twilight. "Let me show you there's another way... just like someone once did for me."

Twilight was hesitant about it, but she felt remorse over what she did because Spike saw her as a monster. Aside from her studies, she loved to read all kinds of books. She knew that Sunset Shimmer and Fragment Hunter were heroes like the fantasy stories she read, but she also saw herself as the monster that needed to be slain to save the day. As she looked back at the three girls in the void with her, she saw their kind faces and realized that they weren't there to end her life, but to save it from a horrible mistake instead. With tears in her violet eyes, Twilight took Daydream Shimmer's hand and she felt a warm flow of magic energy going up her arm. As she smiled with tears flowing down her face, Azalea and Sunset Blaze each placed a hand on Twilight's shoulders as the gnarled horn of magic began to fade away.


Everyone who saw the battle watched as the pillar of light and magic began to shrink down and fade away to reveal Sunset Shimmer and Twilight had transformed back to normal while Sunset Blaze and Azalea stood by their sides. All four had messy hair and Twilight still didn't have her glasses as she stood in front of Sunset Shimmer. "I am so sorry," Twilight began to tearfully apologize. "I didn't mean for any of this to happen..."

"We know. And going by my own experiences, they'll forgive you," Sunset Shimmer said as she took Twilight's hands and helped her feel better. As Twilight smiled, Spike barked and jumped into Twilight arms with her glasses in his mouth. Happy to see each other again, Twilight giggled as she hugged her dog tightly.

"Glad to see you two are happy," Azalea said before hearing Dante bark and run toward her. Hugging the dog, Azalea and both Sunsets began to pet the hunting animal as Principal Cinch was able to get out of the ice Azalea had trapped her in earlier. "Now for this problem," Azalea muttered as Dante growled and everyone saw Cinch walking up to Principal Celestia.

"Principal Celestia, on behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games," Cinch angrily said to Celestia. "Clearly, CHS and your guests from Beacon Academy have had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it's certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!"

"I'd like to think that saving the world benefits us all," Celestia said with a smug smile on her face as she stared down Cinch.

"And we don't have magic," Cereza stated. "Our abilities are different."

"At least they didn't manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game while bringing demonic beasts from another world that could have killed us all," Sugarcoat stated in her usual blunt tone as she glared at Cinch.

Everyone stared in silence before Pinkie spoke up. "Wow! That's a lot to take in when you say it all at once."

"You can say that again," Vinyl agreed as she placed her headphones around her neck.

"That's ridiculous," Cinch tried to argue.

"Nope, that's pretty much what happened," Spike and Silver said as the latter put away his chainsaw weapon.

"Actually, we're all to blame," Sour Sweet said sweetly before glaring at Cinch and speaking in a sour tone directed at the Principal. "Mostly it was her."

Cinch glared at Sour Sweet and the other Shadowbolts before she turned back to Principal Celestia. "Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!"

"Good. I'm sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings," Celestia said as she claimed plausible deniability.

"Oh, and the portals to different dimensions," Luna added.

"Let's not forget the horde of soulless demon animals," Nocturne added as she joined the other adults.

"Or about all the people with horns, tails, and talons," Ventus said as he landed next to Terracotta.

"Not to mention the teenagers that wield weapons that are also guns," Terracotta voiced as he crossed his arms and smirked.

"And the crystals that let them shoot streams of fire or the assortment of superpowers they have," Aurora said with a mischievous smile.

"And don't forget to tell them about the talking dog," Dean Cadance giggled.

Cinch began to get angry at the other adults before Spike and Ivy said the same thing with their own smug smiles. "Because that would never ruin your reputation." As Cinch looked around she saw that nobody was on her side as the adults, teenagers, and even the dogs all looked at her to see what her next move was. Cinch only seethed in anger before everyone heard something moved up from the ground. A Creep that avoided being killed in the fight earlier sensed Cinch's negative emotions and jumped out to eat her, but it was impaled by a spire of rock when Terracotta used Earth Dust that was in the pommel of his sword. Slate then moved in and pointed his revolver at the lizard-like Grimm and shot it point-blank to execute the monster. Twirling his gun and blowing out the smoke from it, Slate then returned to Azalea's side as he high-fived Terracotta.

After seeing everything that happened and knowing she was beaten, Cinch decided to compose herself and walked away from everyone. As the three schools watched Cinch leave, Principal Celestia spoke up to everyone. "Well, I know these Friendship Games haven't been what any of us expected, but given what we've all just been through, I think it's fair to declare us all winners." Everyone cheered loudly as Principal Celestia gave an official end to the Friendship Games competition.

Author's Note:

Okay, a few things. First up, the Arma Gigas at the start of the chapter was the same Geist that appeared when Twilight accidentally drained Pinkie's magic. I had that planned out from the start, in case you were wondering or forgot about it.

Second, if you're wondering about some of the things during the fight scenes, I'll let you know what all of my pro Huntsmen/Huntress characters have for their Semblances. Terracotta's Semblance is Weight Manipulation and he can transfer weight from anything he touches to anything else he came into contact with. Aurora has a Semblance that allows her to store up sunlight to use in a variety of ways such as lasers or blades of light. Part of Nocturne's Semblance allows her to control shadows in any way she chooses. And if you haven't guessed by now, Ventus can fly at hypersonic speeds.

Third, now that this chapter is completed, it's just about one more and I'm finished with "Friendship Games: Another Story". If you're wondering, I WILL be doing a "Legend of Everfree" fic with my RWBY OCs in the future. I just want to focus on some other projects first when I finish this.

Happy Valentine's Day and I hope you liked the chapter! I was REALLY fun to write!