• Published 24th Dec 2017
  • 14,176 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship Games: Another Story - ArcanaMaverick7



The Friendship Games between Canterlot High School and Crystal Prep Academy are almost ready when Fragment Hunter returns with a few guests. However, when Twilight Sparkle starts researching Canterlot High's recent magic, something else shows up too.

  • ...
5
 9
 14,176

Another Twilight Sparkle?

Rebecca and Azalea couldn't believe their eyes when they saw another Twilight and the two tried to make sense of it while they continued riding the bus she was on. "Why is there another Twilight? What was she doing at the portal if she didn't come through it? This is just getting confusing," Azalea said to Rebecca.

"Maybe she's not from the other side of the portal like the Twilight we know," Rebecca theorized. "She's probably from this world. But, why she was near the portal anyways? That thing in her hands earlier was some sort of scanner, so what's she looking for?"

"We'll just have to keep tailing her," Azalea said quietly as they saw the bus stop and the other Twilight got up to leave the bus. Using her Semblance to hide themselves, Azalea followed Twilight off the bus with Rebecca behind her. The three girls soon walked into a prep school that looked like the exterior was lined with crystals. The two Huntresses continued to quietly follow the girl until she reached what looked like a private room that was remodeled into a lab or a workshop.

Rebecca and Azalea saw the Twilight doppelganger approach a board and pin a photo of the portal to Equestria to it. As Twilight walked away from the board, she began to work on the device she had used as a scanner earlier. With the girl focused on her work, Rebecca and Azalea looked over the board in front of them. The pair of rookie Huntresses saw that the board was covered in notes, charts, and other research that was related to Canterlot High School as a large picture of the building was at the center of it and several pieces of information were connected by red string. Some of the other photos they saw included the broken shards of the Dazzling's pendants and even Fragment Hunter themselves fighting the Sirens, but those were all blurry and unfocused.

As the two kept looking over what research this Twilight did, Azalea saw something to the side and was connected to the research by a red string. On a calendar was a sticky note that read 'Friendship Games' and according to the marked days on the calendar, it was in two days. As the bespectacled girl focused on her scanner, Rebecca and Azalea began to sneak out of the room quietly. Just as Azalea shutting the door, she saw a purple and green dog napping in the corner.

Returning outside, the girls began to walk back toward Canterlot High and discussed what they saw. "There's not just another Twilight, Rebecca. When we were leaving, I saw that she had Spike with her," Azalea mentioned. "And what was with that board?"

"I have no idea," Rebecca admitted. "But, I think we should still tell the others about what we saw. Especially if that 'Friendship Games' thing is important."

"Yeah. Let's talk with the gang and the others," Azalea said as she sighed.


After reaching Canterlot High again, Azalea and Rebecca explained what they saw to Fragment Hunter and Azalea's parents while Sunset Shimmer went home with the Rainbooms. "So there's a doppelganger of Twilight in this world," Lapis asked in curiosity.

"Yup," Azalea stated. "And she doesn't go this this school. More like a prep school or something."

"Then, what was she doing here of all places then," Cereza inquired.

"She was apparently studying the school because of something involving our first visit here," Rebecca explained.

"You mean with those Sirens you all fought," Ivy asked.

"Exactly, Mom," Azalea said. "There were papers about all kinds of things on this board, blurry photos of our fight with them at the Battle of the Bands, and something on a calendar that said 'The Friendship Games' that's about two days away."

"That sounds so much worse than 'Princess of Friendship'," Rua snarked to herself as she remembered Princess Twilight's official title in Equestria.

"Well, there are banners and posters everywhere in the school for it," Sunset Blaze said as she looked around the hallway the group was briefing in. "Maybe we could ask Principal Celestia or Vice Principal Luna about this thing if it's going to be here?"

"Let's find them," Terracotta stated as Blaze guided the group toward Principal Celestia's office. After they reached their destination, the visitors from Remnant saw the two sisters about to lock up for the night. "Celestia and Luna, I presume," Terracotta said and caught the attention of the women. Hearing their names, the principals turned to see an enormous, scarred, muscular man with bull horns alongside a woman and the teenagers they met during the Musical Showcase/Battle of the Bands.

"You would be right," Celestia said as she and Luna stared at Terracotta. "How may we help you?"

"I'm Terracotta Gaia and this is my wife," Terra introduced.

"Ivy Dahlia Holstein. Please, call me Ivy," the Bovine Faunus greeted. "You know our daughter, Azalea and her friends. They were just showing us around and we were curious about the 'Friendship Games' that are coming up."

"Is that all," Luna asked.

"Actually, there was something weird going on earlier," Slate said. "Apparently there was somebody snooping around the Wondercolt Statue. When Rebecca and Azalea followed them, they ended up at this prep school."

Celestia and Luna looked briefly at each other before they turned back to the visitors. "Did the school look like it was lined with crystals," Luna asked for clarification.

"Yeah, it did," Rebecca answered.

"Great... They're at it again," Celestia muttered to herself before speaking to the others. "The Friendship Games are a series of competitions between Canterlot High and Crystal Prep Academy. It started as a sign of goodwill between the schools decades ago. However..."

"Crystal Prep are a bunch of jerks who keep gloating about constant victories," Rua guessed.

"And are a bunch of sore winners? Possibly even sore losers," Silver added on.

"Have some tact, you two," Celadon said as she berated the two warriors of Team SLVR.

"Actually, they're completely right," Vice Principal Luna whispered to her sister.

"Perhaps they can be taught a lesson or two," Cereza suggested as she fixed her glasses. "We would just need to compete against them."

"That doesn't sound like a good plan. Principal Cinch would probably look down on the idea of you joining," Celestia mentioned.

"How about you let them compete," Ivy said as she stepped forward. "If these are the 'Friendship Games', then allowing an additional class to participate would show what they were meant to be about. Camaraderie, growth of character, teamwork, and striving to become better than you were before in a positive manner. Wouldn't you agree?"

Principal Celestia pondered over Ivy's suggestion for a while and the more that she thought about it, the more it made sense to include Fragment Hunter in the Games. "You're absolutely right, Mrs. Holstein. The twelve students of Beacon Academy should compete."

"Excellent. Now if we can just discuss what's going to happen for the events, I'm sure that my husband and a few associates can supply additional help for the Games," Ivy said as she walked alongside the two principals.

"You kids better figure out what was going on with that girl you saw," Terracotta told the others. "I need to help out Ivy."

"Okay, Dad. We'll try and figure this out," Azalea answered her father before he headed off in the direction of the other three women. Turning back to her friends, Azalea had one thing to say to them. "Now what?"

"I think we should find out more about this second Twilight," Sunset Blaze said. "Tomorrow, we're going to sneak into Crystal Prep Academy."

Author's Note:

And second chapter done ...again. Sorry for taking so long. With writer's block, lack of motivation, work, and Final Fantasy 15, I couldn't really do well until about now. But, I'm getting back on track and I'll get chapters up when I can!