• Published 18th Dec 2017
  • 584 Views, 1 Comments

Descent to the Shadows - Tiny Branch



Fizzlepop Berrytwist, now Tempest Shadow’s life story before she and Storm King invade Canterlot.

  • ...
 1
 584

Hate

Author's Note:

This was an idea I had after I watched the movie. After finding a paragraph in my notes on my iPad (were I write down future ideas for stories and my own private fanfics) I decided I would turn it into a Fanfic here! Hope you enjoy, if you like what you read..! Thumbs up please! If you like it you help the story more of you do thumbs up than adding it to a favourite bookshelf. If you want to do that, you should do both!

“I am sorry Fizzlepop, but with out your horn, we can’t be be friends any more,” said Mint Tea.

“But, friends are friends. My horn doesn’t change anything, we’re besties. Clouded Sky, surely you disagreed with Minty,” I begged. I felt a fire starting to burn up inside. A fire consuming my heart, my soul, my lungs.

Clouded Sky sighed,”I am sorry Twist, but you look like a, umm... Freak.. We decided it would be best.. if um, we played with Sour Orange.”

“Oh, okay...” I said.

“Yeah, you should go,” said Sour Orange when he took the ball with his magic. His bitter look told me he didn’t like me at all. He was absolutely sour!

I run away from them and followed the road outside our little village. I looked back then shook my head. No I am over with the friendship thing, I am better off alone. I started to cry, I continually felt myself throwing up my happy memories as I walked deeper into the woods. I walked past the cave were I had lost my magic, my friends. I discovered a new feeling there as I walked past, hate. I tried to use my magic but then a green explosion happened and injured my hoof. I shook my head, I needed refuge but I was full of hate, bitter hate. I ran over to the cave, then I tried to use my magic again then the green ball apeared again. I hit it with my hoof and threw it to the Ersa freezing it. I walked past the cave and then followed the shadows then I soon found an exit to to dark forest.

I stepped onto a old wooded plank and with a old rope, at the edge of the forest, I pulled myself higher up on an old platform. It was above all the trees, I looked back and saw my village. I shook my head and went to lie down on a pile on leaves. I felt my muscles relaxing as I slipped away into a intoxicating dream world. I saw myself being towered my a giant Ersa Major. It scratched my horn off, my friends then turned into Timberwolves as they howled calling Sour Orange who turned into a bat pony and together with the Ersa they finished me off, ripping my flesh apart.”STOP!” I shouted as I woke up from my nightmare. I looked up at the sunset and got up. I shook the weight off my shoulders as I jumped off the platform and hit the cool ground just as the sun disappeared as Celestia rose the moon.

I ran off crying as I crossed the fields and closed in on a wild berry bush, I recognised it it was edible. I ran closer but then I ran into some kind of creature. He was stuffing his mouth full the berries,”Ob, sobby. Ya wanb somb?” He then picked some and passed me them.

“Thanks..?” I said, I was puzzled at the moment but the I took them and ate it up. It was delicious, then I recognised what type of animal he was, a hedgehog. He had finished chowing the berries when he started to jump up and down and beg me to...

“Please can I be your sidekick, can I come with you, please little filly. I saw what you were doing back there with the ersa minor. Please! Umm, what’s your name?”

“Urrg, fine. My name is Fizzlepop Berrytwist..” I said.

Then he burst out laughing,”Fizzle-pop Berrytwist!? Hahaha ha hehe. You gotta be pulling my leg!”

“Yeah yeah, ya. I was, my name is umm, Tempest.. umm ... Tempest Shadow. Yes, Tempest Shadow.”

“That is the most amazing evil villain name ever! I have one word for you, Spongecake!” and he handed me a slice of cake.

“Umm, no thanks,” I looked at my blank flank, maybe I could find my talent with this little guy,”But you can tag along.”

“Thanks!” he hugged me,”My name is Grubber, Tempest.”

He hoped onto my back then I bucked him off, then he looked at me with puppy eyes,”No.” I had to show him he is just a sidekick. He followed me still off into the direction of Lilac Falls. We walked side by side amd then ran in the moonlight. We went over to the waterfall with every step but then I realized he was falling behind. I let him jump on my back then together I ran with him on my back.

“Woohoo! This is awesome! Hey, can I call you Commander Tempest?” he asked.

“Sure, I am fine with it,” I replied as I slowly crossed the river to reach the cave on the over side. The water splashed on my hooves as I trotted over. I went through the waterfall and saw a cave incrusted with crystals. Then I saw a makeshift bed lying down, it looked old.

“Welcome to my place! Well it’s not much but I am planning on leaving soon. Could you um.. help me?”

“You live here!?” I shouted in surprise. Wow, it was beautiful, the bed did make it a bit disturbing but the crystals were amazing. Then I saw something which made my jaw drop. These black crystals can be used to create armour. I just didn’t have the tools. I looked around there wasn’t much besides the crystals and the random deserts scattered around. I then was struck by how tired I was amd fell asleep on the spot. Drifting off into a happy dream world than before, one were I had hope.


I was dreaming, I saw a gigantic goat like figure, he ruled over Equestria with me at his side. I was older, full grown, maybe 8 year into the future. I had my cutie mark. We were dressed in black armour made from the crystals I saw earlier. Grubber was at my side ten the figure used a staff he was holding and made me a new horn. When I woke up, I knew this was no dream this was real. I had to find him.

Comments ( 1 )

*descent

Login or register to comment