• Published 4th Dec 2017
  • 914 Views, 8 Comments

Missing Harmony - Razor Blade the Unicron



Princess Celestia throws a Hearth's Warming party, inviting Amethyst and her friends - along with others. But when ponies suddenly go missing, something has to be done before they all disappear.

  • ...
0
 8
 914

Epilogue

Physically, magically, and emotionally exhausted, Amethyst had fallen asleep under Luna's comforting wing. Yet her sleep was not peaceful, as Luna could sense that something was amiss. With her dampened magic, it was hard to be sure of the problem until Amethyst started tossing back and forth in unrest.

T'would be a nightmare... thought Luna in concern. And whilst We hast gained control of our Moon once more, Our realm of dreams continues to elude Us... Yet We must still give Our greatest attempt and hope that the infernal lock thine Elements have placed upon Our powers can be breached. After all, wouldn't the Elements want to allow protection of one of the Bearers?

She took in a deep breath, and closed her eyes. A glowing spiral began to slowly ravel around the grooves of her horn, forming to an orb at the tip. Luna gritted her teeth as she struggled to form the necessary Connection Line, sparks jumping about from her attempt.

We art thine Princess of the Night! We protect the realm of dreams! We are not the Nightmare, We are Luna; and shall do that which We should be able to!

A thin stream of light traveled off from the orb at the tip of her horn, and slowly twisted through the air before touching Amethyst's forehead and completing the Connection Line. Luna's energy use waned as she relaxed, and entered into the unicorn's nightmare. Since she was still not at full strength, not every bit of Amethyst's mindscape was visible to her. However, the main setting, where the nightmare was taking place, could be seen enough as to comprehend what was occurring.

The location was Ponyville, and there was a deluge of rain pouring down. The sky was thick with dark clouds, lightning flashing menacingly. Amethyst was running around in a panic, wincing every time there was a crack of thunder and flash of lightning.

"Twirly!" she yelled out fearfully, completely drenched from the rain. "Twirly, where are you?" A lightning bolt hit the ground dead in front of her, and she shrieked and jumped backwards. "Twirly!"

Luna couldn't speak with Amethyst, as her magic was still too weak for such. Doing what she could, she reined in the storm as much as she possibly could, until it had been lowered down to regular rain with gray clouds. Amethyst's panic decreased as the intensity of the weather did, and she continued searching for her breezie friend. Luna pulled herself back into reality, and the Connection Line vanished.

Unity, why doth thou fear a storm so greatly? We can sense the heritage of Pegisan with that of Unicece... What could have occurred for something so simple to effect thee so that t'would become a nightmare?

Pushing the thought aside for the time being, Luna gently lifted Amethyst to her hooves using her wing, while also using her magic as to not wake her up. Amethyst slumped up against the alicorn's side, kept standing by her large wing. With a light nudge, the two started off to meet up with the others.


Amethyst was unceremoniously jolted awake as she tumbled down onto the floor of the Friendship Express, hearing the squealing of brakes outside answer as to how she had fallen. She was carefully helped to her hooves by Flitter within mere seconds, and moments later surrounded by the rest of her concerned friends.

"Are you okay?" asked Saffron.

"Y-yeah," replied Amethyst uneasily. "Wait, what happened? Last I remember was Luna getting me out of the Element vault..."

Fleetfoot frowned. "Aw mare, Twilight wass right..."

"Huh?"

Lotus began clarifying. "You got hit vith vun of ze orchid calcium arrows-"

"Orichalcum," corrected Limestone quickly.

"-and got knocked out by et. Twilight vas worried zat et might have cauzed some short-term memory loss since et hit ze base of your horn."

"Oh..." Amethyst's ears flattened down, her ignoring how much the bruises were aching.

"You feeling okay?" asked Flitter.

"I'm... good enough." Her gaze shifted to the window, the clouds in the sky appearing far darker than they really were. "I guess..."

"If you need ssupport, we're all here for you," said Fleetfoot.

Twirly gently placed her hoof against Amethyst's cheek, and whispered softly in her ear. "Jag är här."

Breezan for I'm here. Amethyst showed the faintest smile for a moment, before it faded away. "I know." Lotus began gently rubbing her back, smoothing out all of the stressful knots. "You girls are the greatest friends anypony could have."


The door to the Golden Oaks Library silently swung open, and Amethyst stepped into the peaceful darkness. Her dress was tossed carelessly over her back, with Twirly nestled in it, fast asleep. Luna's armor was held weakly in her fading and flickering magic, which she quietly placed down on the floor.

She climbed upstairs to her and Twirly's room, and walked over to the birdhouse that she had modified to be a bed. She levitated Twirly into her bed, and simply dropped her dress in front of her closet in exhaustion. She then walked back downstairs, grabbed Luna's armor in her magic once more, and headed down into the basement.

The basement was an area of the library that she rarely used. A thin layer of dust coated the plain floor, and she walked over to a loose floorboard in the corner. Amethyst grabbed it in her magic, and easily pulled it loose, revealing a wooden chest hidden beneath.

She wordlessly opened it, the chest having many various objects in it. Picture frames, a locket, a hooded cloak, a headband adorned with amethysts, and the blue chest that Twilight had brought her. She placed the armor in the wooden chest, and pulled out the blue one. She placed her hoof on the lock, hesitated, and then shook her head.

I'm not ready... Not for this... Sugar first... And then... A single tear slid down Amethyst's cheek. Then you. I promise.

Amethyst tucked the chests away, and placed the floorboard back down. She lingered for a moment, staring at the loose board, and then walked towards the stairs.

"I love you."

And she shut the door with a stifled sob.

Author's Note:

Once again, thanks to CryptoBrony for editing! This story would've been quite a bit messier without your help.