• Published 19th Nov 2017
  • 387 Views, 10 Comments

The Atlamillia Bearer - Slynthen Advance



You know the drill; guy goes to convention, buys oddly specific item from merchant, and presto: new world, new people, new fuckton o’ problems.

  • ...
 10
 387

Chapter III: Little Evidence

Chapter III

Little Evidence

“You must understand Toan, that I cannot trust you until you’ve proven yourself.” Celestia said, half scolding him.

“Hey, I understand that better than anyone, but I’m going to have to put my foot down. With all due respect, my blade is not going to leave my side. Should monsters from my world somehow find themselves in this world, I need to be able to defend myself, and I don’t trust anyone here besides a select few. With that being said, I will NOT relinquish my sword.” Toan stood, arms crossed as he refused. “I am willing to go through whatever channels you wish, be it training or otherwise, but I WILL keep my blade.”

“Then I believe we must come to a compromise.”

“… So be it.” He said, sighing. “I am willing to hand it over to you and Luna only, and once I’ve finished dancing through the proper channels, I will reclaim it. Do we have a deal?”

“Yes, I believe we do. That is, if Luna agrees as well.” The silence of the hall hung over them, as Luna debated with herself.

“Yes, I believe that is acceptable.” Luna said, glancing between the two. Reluctantly, Toan took the sheathed sword from his belt, and placed it before the throne.

“Then you will start with continuing to watch over Twilight and her friends for the next year, we will discuss this further afterwards.” Celestia said, letting a small smirk show.

“Yes, your majesty.” Was all Toan said, before leaving the throne room.


“Look, Twilight, as much as I want to hear your theories about the multiverse, you need to clear your schedule first.” Toan said.

Twilight sighed. “You’re right, but after, we’re going to talk about this.”

“If you say so.” He responded, chuckling. “But in all seriousness, focus on the work at hand; the apples go in the basket, not the other way around.” Twilight realized what she was doing, and corrected her mistake, as a chuckle was shared between those gathered.

“Well that’s the last one, Twilight, Toan, thanks for helpin’, we got this done faster than it usually does.” Applejack said.

“Hey, no problem, just next time, try to keep Spike from doing- that, exactly that.” He replied, as Spike threw another apple. Toan caught it in one of the baskets he was carrying and glared at Spike.

“Hehe, sorry.” Spike replied, sheepishly.

“Well thanks again, I bet Big Macintosh I could get all these apples in the barn by lunchtime, if I win, he’s gonna walk down stirrup street in one of Granny’s girdles. Hehe.”

“No problem Applejack,” Twilight replied. “I’m glad the goal is lunchtime; all this hard work is making me hungry.”

“I know, right?” Spike responded, accidently tossing an apple on twilights head.

“No, Spike, you’ve been lounging on my back all morning while we worked. Speaking of, Toan, why are you helping?”

“The princess wanted me to watch over you, and I’m going to earn my share, rather than sit there doing nothing but watching the days go by. I’ve done enough of that as it is.” Toan responded.

Just then twilight’s stomach growled, getting her attention. “Ahehehe, I guess we better get some food.” She said. As if on cue spike found a rather bright apple, causing twilight to gasp. “Spike, that looks delicious.” Then he ate it. “Spike!”

“What?” He asked, almost innocently, which was followed by a burp; revealing that the princess was sending a letter via dragon fire.

“It’s a letter from Princess Celestia.” Twilight said, as Applejack approached.

“Ahem. Here ye, here ye, her grand royal highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the grand galloping gala to be held in the magnificent capital city of Canterlot on the twenty first day of… yada, yada, yada, cordially extends an invitation to Twilight Sparkle plus one guest.”

“And That’s my cue to leave. Applejack, I will leave these baskets in front of the barn.” Toan said, practically running.

“The grand galloping gala!” Both Twilight and Applejack yelled in unison.

As they pranced around, Toan made it to the barn, setting down the baskets. “Hey, Big Mac!” He said, as Big Macintosh strode up to him. “Applejack says we’re done for the day, so I’m gonna head into town and go job hunting. See ya later.”

“Eeyup.” Was his simple reply.

Toan passed them by just as Rainbow slammed into them, he glared at Rainbow, before walking off. Of course, it didn’t take long for a scene to take place in the street. “QUIET!” Twilight yelled.

“And then I said ‘oatmeal’? Are you craz- oh” Pinkie said, obliviously.

“Girls, there’s no use in arguing.”

“But Twiligh-” Rarity tried to say.

“EH!” Twilight interrupted. “This is my decision, and I’m going to make it on my own, and I certainly can’t think straight with all this noise; not to mention hunger. Now go on, shoo!”

“Okay, then.” Toan stretched out, confused. A few minutes later, he was almost stampeded several times. “Celestia, I don’t know how, but I know you’re behind this.” He started grinding his teeth together. “I swear, if you make me go to that damned ‘event’, I will receive retribution.” He decided to head directly into the everfree, in order to practice.

Toan picked up the ocarina he carved, remembering one of the songs that he enjoyed listening to. {A.N.: I actually don’t know what instrument was used.} Eventually, he became too tired to continue, and climbed a tree to sleep.

Author's Note:

there are two songs in this chapter... you'll probably find both.
Sorry it's so short, I'm struggling to figure out how Toan would respond to the scenarios in the show, and how his presence affects them.

Comments ( 5 )

I mean...it's not bad?

8567894
you'd have to define 'bad' the main character isn't evil, soooo...

8567897
It's not a bad story but it goes along very fast.

8567912
yeah... not really good at pacing, working on it, once i've got it down, i'll rewrite the chapters i fucked up in.

8567917
thank god, Im not a fan of fast storys.. it just gets jumbled up and all

Login or register to comment