• Published 15th Nov 2017
  • 497 Views, 1 Comments

My best friend - King Ice



After Twilight is taken as Celestia's student, Night Light quickly noticed Twilight didn't have friends, so maybe with a little help, she'll find a friend, e bought her a doll which will always be with her, she's called Smarty Pants

  • ...
0
 1
 497

My best friend

Author's Note:

Hope you like it

« Oh, I’m so proud of her!” Night Light exclaimed with a smile while reading his journal on the couch and drinking coffee. Twilight Velvet just laughed while cleaning plates.

“I’m happy too, I knew she was the best!” Twilight Velvet said

Night Light and Twilight Velvet were sure to be the happier parents of all Equestria! Their daughter, Twilight Sparkle was chosen to be Princess Celestia’s protégé a few hours ago.

“Where is she now? I’m sure she is telling all of her friends this great news!” Night Light said eagerly

“Well, she is in her room,” Twilight Velvet responded, Night Light put the journal down and looked at his wife.

“In her room, with her friends, right?” He asked narrowing his eyes

“No, she’s in her room, reading a book, alone,” Twilight Velvet responded with a smile and closed eyes, ignoring Night Light who almost smothered with coffee.

“*Cough* Why don’t she spend more time with her friends?” Night Light asked, he knew Twilight loved reading and even himself found her adorable when she’s reading, but he truly want to see her play with other fillies.

“Well, I asked this to myself too, Shining told me, she doesn’t have friends at all,” Twilight Velvet responded, Night Light spitted out his coffee, Twilight Velvet ran to her husband and patted his back.

“She doesn’t have any friends!? Why nopony told me that!?” Night Light yelled

“You worry too much, she stills young, when she grows up she’ll have a lot of friends!” Twilight Velvet said trying to reassure him.

“At her age, I was outside spending my time with my friends! I must help her to do what normal fillies do!” Night Light exclaimed

“I don’t know, are you sure?”

“Of course! Now… What were you doing with your friends when you were a filly?” Night Light asked his wife awkwardly. “No, wait! I’ll go buy her a doll!”

“A doll? Why?”

“Everypony know that fillies play with dolls, I’ll buy her the best doll ever and she will show it to everypony!” Night Light yelled before running out of the house.

“Oh, I’m so happy to see him wanting to help Twilight!” Twilight Velvet exclaimed happy, usually, she was the only one with Shining to help Twilight when she needed it.

***

Night Light was running to the closest store he could find, it was the night fall and he really didn’t want to wait tomorrow to buy her a doll. After some minutes he saw an open store full of toys, he quickly entered inside and approached the seller at the counter. The seller was a skinny earth pony who had a black coat with a brown mane.

“Oh, thank Celestia you’re open!” Night Light yelled exhausted

“Welcome sir, what can I do for you?” The seller asked with a smile

“I really need a doll for my adorable little filly! The best you have!” Night Light

“Oh, I’m sorry sir, but we don’t have dolls anymore,” The seller said

“What!? Are you sure?” Night Light asked, can’t he even buy a doll for his daughter, the seller lost himself in his thought, then he smiled again.

“I think we have one left! Just wait here!” The seller said before going in a room behind him, then he came back with a grey pony doll with blue pants. The seller put it in front of Night Light.

“What!? I can’t buy that! I want the most beautiful doll for the sweetest filly!” Night Light yelled levitating the doll with magic.

“Wait, calm down sir, this doll also has a notebook and a quill!” The seller said while putting a little notebook and a quill.

“Oh, Twilight like working and reading, maybe she’ll like that doll,” Night Light murmured to himself. “Okay, I take it!” He said giving money to the seller, after paying it, he exited.

“Ouf, I thought I’ll never sell this doll!” The seller exclaimed when Night Light was away

***

Twilight finished the reading of the seventeenth book and yawned.

“It’s getting late, maybe I should go to sleep,” Twilight said before looking at her books. “Okay, maybe one more!” She opened the book and just had the time to read the first page as her dad, Night Light entered in her room with a big smile.

“Twilight, you don’t sleep yet?” He said her

“No, but I’ll go in bed soon, I’ll promise,” Twilight responded quickly, her father chuckled.

“Don’t you worry for that! I came to give you something!” He said her with a smile, Twilight smiled and began to jump.

“What is it?! what is it?! Is it a new book!?” She exclaimed eagerly, Night Light smiled while his horn glowed, then from his back came a doll. “A doll?” She asked less enthusiastic than before.

“Yes, but not just a doll, she also has a notebook and a quill, now she can work with you!” Night Light exclaimed happy, she gave it to Twilight who levitated the doll with her magic glancing at it.

“And what is her name?” Twilight asked to her father who just gasped, he didn’t think about that.

“Uh, her name… it’s… Pan… Pants…. Weird Pants, yes that’s it, her name is Weird Pants!” Night Light said proud of himself, Twilight glanced at him and chuckled.

“Okay, thank you for your gift dad,” She said before hugging him

“Well, now, I’ll go back with your mom and don’t sleep too late, okay sweety?” Night Light asked her as she nodded. Night Light exited and closed the door.

Twilight looked at Weird Pants and threw it into a pile of books. Then she got back to her reading. After only two pages, she groaned.

“This book isn’t as interesting as I thought!” She exclaimed before hearing something falls, she turned around and saw a book covering Weird Pants, she walked to take it, then she saw the title. “Oh, it’s a book from Starswirl The Bearded! And I haven’t read him yet!” She exclaimed with a smile, then she looked at Weird Pants, she took it with her magic and looked at her. “Hmm, you seem smart for a doll, you chose an enjoyable book! I think Smarty Pants sounds better than Weird Pants, don’t you think?” Twilight asked the doll who didn’t respond. “Well, come with me, we’ll read it together!”

***

Celestia raised the sun and turned around looking at a desk with a chair toward it, it was here Twilight was going to sit and study with her, she smiled, it’s been a long time she didn’t have a student, then a door opened as a guard entered with behind him the little Twilight Sparkle.

“Good morning, my student,” Celestia said. “Take a seat,”

“Good morning Princess,” Twilight said, but she didn’t sit down. “Can I ask you something Princess?”

Celestia open the with a curious look. “Go on,”

“I thought, maybe, miss Smarty Pants could study with me, can she?” Twilight asked her before taking a small notebook and a quill. “We both have what is needed for the course!”

Celestia glanced at her, surprised, then she chuckled, it was cute, but that was only a doll.

“I’m sorry Twilight but it’s only…” Began Celestia before seeing Twilight making a hangdog look, Celestia glanced at her and smiled. “Okay, Smarty Pants can be my student too, guard bring a desk and a chair!” Celestia said to the guard as he exited the room. Twilight smiled before hugging Smarty Pants.

***

Few days later

Night Light and all the family were around a table with the dinner on it, they were all eating, except for the father, Night Light.

“Are you okay dad? You didn’t touch your food!” Shining Armor said him, he could that his father had a depressed look.

“Oh, it’s nothing, don’t you worry,” He responded

“Uh, okay,” Shining said before returning to his food, however, it was Twilight Velvet’s turn to question Night Light.

“Why are you so depressed, you can tell me!” She said, Night Light sighed.

“It’s just, I thought Twilight will play with other fillies with her doll and make some friends, but nothing changed at all!” He said, Twilight Velvet just chuckled. “What is so funny?”

“Don’t you see, silly? Twilight has a friend, a good friend,” She said pointing at Twilight, Night Light turned towards her.

Twilight was holding Smarty Pants in her hooves while chuckling.

“Miss Smarty Pants was so hungry,” She said before hugging Smarty Pants. “Don’t worry, there is a lot of food!” She said before putting salad in Smarty Pants’s plate.

“Do you see it now?” Twilight Velvet asked at Night Light who had a small tear on his right eye.

“Yes… I see it,”

Comments ( 1 )

Aw, this is so sweet. :rainbowkiss:

Login or register to comment