• Published 15th May 2018
  • 335 Views, 3 Comments

Aeternitas Book I: Lunar Shadow - Shadowlight Wanderer



Collection of conected character studies and mystery story. Our heroes are trapped in the nightmares by foes, who are after powerful forces of mystical nature. Will they be able to save the world and overcome the darkness ?

  • ...
 3
 335

Choices and confessions

Chapter 19

Four ponies looked at the black, cold space beyond the TADRIS doors.

"So Doctor, ya want to tell us somethin' ?" asked Applebloom, while Scootaloo examined her skin searching for the patches of burnt skin that could be covered with cream from the medical kit. After a moment, orange filly shook her head.

"I saw that Daybreaker burnt you Applebloom. It doesn't make any sense. There is not even one bruise or burn”.

Applebloom was shocked

“But there is no way ! Why ?”

Scootaloo got close to her ear

“Applebloom, we all can do some crazy stuff now. But we should wait when Doctor will finish explaining, then we can think about it”

***********************

Doctor sighed profoundly

"Daybreaker showed me the truth. She shared her memories with me and that kind of sharing is very hard to falsify, especially on that level of mental connection that she had with me. What she showed me was horrible but it all makes sense and I see that now."

"What was that Doctor ? Just tell us" Sweetie Belle moved closer to the Time Lord.

Doctor looked at three little fillies and let the words out

"Daybreaker is none other than our shared friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle"

There was a moment of silence and then Scootaloo burst in laughter.

"Muahahahahaha!!! Tw-Twilight is D-day-breaker.... phmmmm ahahahahhihihihi... this-this is too rich !!!!!" said the overjoyedpegasus.

The Doctor's face was so serious that orange filly managed to calm herself rather quickly.

Scootaloo frowned

"You aren't kidding, are you ?"

Doctor lowered his head to the fillies level

"I know it sounds like some kind of a bad joke. But think about it, consider that possibility. Just. Think. Time is altering, no, not altering, splitting. This is possible. Forget about everything you thought you knew. We are at the gates of endless possibilities"

"But our home world... it is already gone, isn't it ? Our sisters, friends, all of Equestria... it vanished. What are we going to do ?” said Sweetie Belle with tears in her eyes.

"Maybe not forever. I hope this universe can be restored." said the Doctor " But let me tell you everything from the very beginning. Twilight's story started on my adventure with Derpy when my TARDIS was immobilized for two months. I started to teach in a local high school and Derpy was delivering letters or baking muffins. Despite my young appearance, the school hired me as a physics teacher. Nightlight was one of my best students and after time we started to get along pretty well. He don't mind that I was teaching him, not at all. There wasn't much difference in the external age of my body so I guess so he might even treat me as his colleague.

But then I noticed that his grades were getting lower and lower. One day, when he failed another test, I asked him what was the source of his problems. He didn't want to tell me then. But I am quite clever you know and I was young too... even if that was millennium ago. I quickly figured out that he was in love. The problem was indeed cliché. Nightlight fell in love with a school's sport representant, Twilight Velvet. He was afraid that the adventurous and outgoing mare would never want to go with him on a date. I was really touched by his dilemma plus I was worried about his grades. I introduced Nightlight to Derpy and we both swore to help him with his goal, which was going on a date with miss Velvet.

Derpy was especially into this "super romantic adventure" as she described it. She said that Nightlight must show Twilight Velvet that he is courageous and athletic as she is. Nightlight was a calm geek and he didn't know exactly how to "prove" those values. So once again my clever Derpy got an idea of bungee jumping. She wanted to train Nightlight so he would win the contest during the school olympics ( yes, there was such a contest in that school, don't ask). But when Derpy accidently destroyed trampoline three times in a row, I decided to assist with the execution. I used my knowledge of mechanisms of flight to calculate the best angle for doing the triple flip with a spin in the air. I trained with Nightlight for two weeks after school and when the time came, he did it in front of Twilight Velvet. But this is not all.

When I was training Nightlight, Derpy tried to befriend Twilight Velvet. She started to work in a cafeteria. I don't know how actually but it all worked out. Our plan was to pretend that Derpy was bringing Nightlight on a date. In the same time, I left a note to Twilight Velvetsaying that I wanted to meet her. It was a fake of course and she didn't know my writing style so it was pretty safe. When they met in the same place, there were a little ashamed but only at the beginning . When their "true dates" didn't show up, Twilight Velvet became particularly interested in a "best bungee jumper". Interesting thing, we set up the meeting nearby the royal pond. It later became one of the most favourite places of Nightlight’s future daughter. On that day, I might slightly adjusted the timeline so the meteor shower happened earlier than it should. My TARDIS was damaged but that was a trick I still could manage to do.

Then the history went rather quickly. When TARDIS was repaired, I got Derpy home and came back to check on Nightlight. You know the rest of the story. I gave Twilight her second name and left to know her more in Ponyville. And this is the point when the history starts to get important.

You know that Twilight caught an eye of Princess Celestia by performing the enormous magical feat in the entry exam to the School for Gifted Unicorns. She became Princess's protégé and later was send by her to Ponyville, when she meet her friends. They were having various adventures until now. Twilight was tricked by Daybreaker and sent by her to the past. A very distant past. Twilight woke up on the edge of the mountain. She was confused and desperate to come back to save her friends from Daybreaker. But when nothing seemed to work, she started to search for help. She was wandering in the woods for hours. But she was already tired after battle in our times. She knew that she can't walk forever. She passed out five hours after her arrival. Quite by chance she was found by the guards of local king, Dusk Noctis. She was brought into his castle. Dusk and his wife, Aurora, were helping her recover.

When Twilight got better, she thanked them for their kindness. When the royal pair understood that Twilight has no place to go, they offered her a role of a nanny for their newborn foal. When they presented it, Twilight was in shock. The little foal was no other than Princess Luna. On that point, Twilight figured out that she went back in time.But with no better plan, she accepted the position of Luna's foalsitter. She started to live with Luna, following the stories Celestia was telling her on that rare occasions when they were talking about Princess's fillyhood. Twilight was confused with Celestia's absence but Dusk and Aurora told her that the older alicorn went to the magic school and she won't be back until next year's summer. Twilight was also puzzled that Dusk and Aurora weren't intrigued at all about Twilight knowing Celestia.

Months passed. Twilight was still searching for a way to go back to her proper era. She sneaked out from the castle at night to make a ritual that supposed to transport her back to the future. Something went wrong and the spell consumed all life force and energy of Twilight, literally burning her magic aura. She should have died. But she didn't. When she awoke, she noticed that her hooves were glowing with the golden light. Since she travelled with me earlier, she recognized that phenomenon. She whispered "Thank you girls, for all you've been to me. I will be back. Let me see you one more time...goodbye" and she let the energy out. The royal garden was lightened up by the golden light. Twilight was consumed by the golden glow, streams of light and fire licking every inch of her body. After a while, light faded away and Twilight collapsed to the ground. She managed to remain conscious as she trotted back to the castle. She was bit clumsy and she woke up the servants. They were really worried about her state. Twilight was confused why everypony started to address her " Dear Celestia". She was escorted to bed. Then she looked at her reflection and suddenly passed away. Servants were very concerned. "The reflection was none over than Princess's Celestia's silhouette. Why did the Princess didn't recognize her own face..." they thought..."

"Wow wow wow... how did Twilight suddenly became Princess Celestia. A pony cannot change a face like that" said Scootaloo

"A pony can't but Time Lord can" the Doctor muttered with squinted teeth.

"Huh ?" Applebloom twisted her head.

"You see, there is something about me you don't know yet. When the Time Lord's body wears off for some reason, he can change it, healing himself and gaining new physical shape and personality. Memory remains, so it is still the same person... or pony. It is called a regeneration and it is kind of a trick, meant to cheat death. Twilight was dying after the ritual. To save herself, she changed her body, every single cell. And she survived."

"All right... this is a bit hard to imagine...But Twilight isn't a Time Lord...right ?" wondered Sweetie Belle.

"Positive. She is absolutely normal equine being. But remember that glowing energy that Daybreaker transferred to Twilight?That was regeneration energy... a portion for one regeneration I would say."

"But why she began to look like Princess Celestia ? This is awfully big coincidence" Scootaloo drew a circle in the air.

"I am not sure. Every regeneration is different and some individuals can control their final appearance. I guess Twilight was thinking about Princess Celestia and influenced the process when it started. It is completely understandable. Twilight knew in theory how regeneration worked, she knew that her whole life will change forever. In final moments she was thinking about her friends and mentor. She sacrificed her own life trying to get back. To save the magic of friendship.

Anyway, Twilight couldn't believe that she has a body of Princess Celestia. She initially had absolutely no control over new form but mastered it with time. The strangest thing was that all the ponies in the castle had false memories. They didn't remember Twilight, they thought Celestia was with them all the time. Twilight was trying to solve the problem. But now she wasn't only taking care of Luna, she also had to pretend to be Dusk's and Aurora's daughter. She was still playing along with Celestia's stories. Years passed. Twilight started finding Celestia's clues and memories very useful. She mastered the magic in a new form. After regeneration her body started to decay incredibly slowly, it was probably side effect of a fusion of magic energy with the huon particles. When Luna started to mature, 80 years after Twilight's arrival, two alicorns left the castle, searching for their own domain. After so many years with Luna, she was practically like a sister to Twilight now. But the pain inside was only getting worse. Even in their search, Twilight never stopped trying to get back to her friends.

One day, she and Luna found themselves in a vast and beautiful land. From her studies of history, Twilight knew that this happened shortly after foundation of Equestria. She and Luna found the leaders of three pony tribes: Commander Hurricane, Chancellor Pudinghead and Princess Platinum. Alicorns offered their guidance to the rulers (Twilight could "predict" future events) what was really useful. Sometimes, Twilight was a little too hasty. Remembering her vision with the Tree of Harmony, she found its location long before Discord got to Equestria. Twilight and Luna battled him later and after his defeat, the pony tribes agreed that two alicorn sisters shall be a rulers of all of Equestria. Twilight still felt like she was impersonating somepony and she thought that real Celestia will appear rather quickly. But she didn't. When Starswirl the Bearded and the Pillars of Equestria..."

"Who ?" asked the Crusaders

Doctor quickly calculated something in his mind and then smiled

"In your former timeline... well, if we will manage to fix this mess, you will see for yourselves. It will be a great surprise. What I wanted to say is in that time Twilight followed journal of the two sisters. Meeting Starswirl the Bearded, Building the castle of Two Sisters... she knew how it will play along. Even with description in Celestia's diary, she couldn't be prepared for rising the sun for the first time and achieving her new cutie mark. When she and Luna defeated King Sombra in Great War of Shadow, she met me. I was the one who betrayed Sombra and brought upon him his demise. But it wasn't that Celestia aka Twilight. It was Celestia, who was before this whole mess. I am certain of it. But in Twilight's version, she recognized me and accused me of not trying to save her when I noticed her absence. When I am thinking of it now, I think that the realities covered each other. Time Lords can comprehend multiplicity of realities and store them in their memories. But the others can't do it so well. Sweetie Belle, did Princess Luna had a sister ?"

White unicorn frowned

"I think she didn't... have... or maybe..."

She then covered her lips

Doctor nodded with visible satisfaction

"You see, change of reality is messing up with your heads. The TARDIS is protecting us but that power is very, very strong. The void is coming. We haven't got much time... I can feel it. The presence of the void is killing me.So, proceeding...

One day, Twilight heard a scream in Luna's bedchamber. When she arrived, she saw Luna crying, sobbing on the floor. When Luna acknowledged Twilight's presence, she yelled at her and shut the door in front of her. Then Twilight heard wicked, maniacal laughter that she heard over 250 years ago, when she first arrived to Ponyville.

Realisation came slowly, torturing her mind. Twilight knew that this moment will come. But even after a two centuries of existence in Celestia's body, she was still hoping that it is all just some kind of a cosmic misunderstanding. But now she knew. There was no other Celestia and never will be. She was Celestia and Twilight Sparkle was no more.

Celestia tried to change the past, rewrite time and make Luna happy. But with each step, with each thrown party and each conversation, Princess of the Night was falling deeper and deeper into the darkness.

Celestia knew what she had to do. But she couldn't make herself to do that. Knowing that she had failed her friends was already too much. Sending Luna away... she knew all the consequences. But the time was fixed and what happened had to happen again. High above the half-destroyed Castle of the Two Sisters, Celestia battled the one, who she once saved from the darkness so long ago. She taught Luna about fun, she was fighting alongside her with the Tantabus and respected for long years. A pony who became her sister.

When the Elements began to work, she cried .

When Luna was gone, she fell to the ground again. And then..."

Doctor paused and tapped his chin with his hoof

"There is no memories about the event. I assume that was the moment of Daybreaker's first appearance. Celestia lived on for centuries, each day trying to go back to save those who she loved. But it still wasn't working. The madness was increasing. Celestia was in a state of eternal grief and it was all killing her inside, making her hopeless. Life lost sense. Knowledge, which served her from the very beginning of her life, was now her greatest curse. She realised that Daybreaker was the part of her and that she was (or will be ) responsible for bringing doom upon all of her friends. She came such a long way since she was reading about her own adventures nearby the royal pond, back when she was Twilight Sparkle. Such a long time..."

There was a moment of silence. Finally, Applebloom broke the growing tension.

"Doctor, ya said that Celestia...Twilight...was destin' to kill her friends... why didn't she tried prevent this from happenin' if she had that knowledge ?"

Doctor's eyes were closed and streams of tears were flowing down his cheeks

"The thing about fixed time is that it cannot be changed. By sending her younger version to the past, Daybreaker created a fixed timeline. Celestia had to follow what she already knew from...herself. Avoiding events would cause a massive paradox. One of the oldest paradoxes ever, the Bootstrap Paradox. If Twilight Sparkle wasn't sent to the past, Celestia wouldn't have any reason to stop her from being send to the past and therefore, we are entering an eternity loop. Twilight was following Celestia's memories and there is no end or beginning. The only way to end the cycle is by an intervention of the external force.

Celestia lived on through the centuries, trying to fight back the darkness, growing stronger every day. And after nearly a thousand years she found a new mission. She made it to the point of her own birthday. At the beginning, she almost created a paradox, trying to sabotage my and Derpy's doings, when we were helping Nightlight. Luckily for her and the universe, her plan didn't work out.

And then, all of the sudden, Celestia gave up. And stated preparing her younger self for the struggle ahead. Did you ever wondered why Princess Celestia chose Twilight Sparkle as her personal protégé ? Because she wanted to keep an eye on herself. She kept her close, sent to Ponyville, educated, did everything that she remembered from her own fillyhood.

You know what was the real reason Princess Celestia didn't fight alongside with Twilight and the others with the threats made against Equestria ? Because she knew she couldn't interfere. Because she knew all this time what was about to happen. When she spoke with Twilight about her fear of Twilight not wanting her anymore, it had another meaning. Celestia was scared of the events that were supposed to happen. She couldn't warn the Elements about the danger in the future. After all, she was afraid of dying. But the knowledge only made Daybreaker stronger. Celestia knew that she will release Daybreaker on that day... Daybreaker found King Sombra, who trapped you all inside the illusion. Princess's dreams started to go more and more frightening. And then Daybreaker finally freed herself. Tricked Twilight, sending her to the past. Went mad from all of the grief and regret. The cycle was closed. and it was all my fault."

The Doctor sighed, his gaze was distant and empty. Even the engines of the TARDIS sounded as if they were far, far away...

**************************

"That is a heck of a sad story" Applebloom dried her eyes " But what do ya mean that it's all yer fault ?"

"Twilight was right back then, on the War of Shadow. I didn't bothered much to find her. I just...didn't noticed her absence before it was already too late" the Doctor said in a broken voice.

"So Doctor, what should we do ?" asked Scootaloo, starting to trot around the control room

"Do you really want to seek advice from me after all of this ? I wasn't there when Twilight needed me ! I failed her and I failed the world. That's the hero I turned out to be."

Suddenly, the TARDIS's cloister bells started ringing once again.

"The void! It is coming" shouted Sweetie Belle, looking behind the door.

Doctor's head was pulled up and Time Lord was now facing well now the pair of the vibrant, amber eyes

"Listen here partner ! I know ya screwed up. But this is no reason to give up. Now we must fight together. Ya faced Daybreaker, ya saved us from Sombra. Ya're amazin' Doctor. Now get up of yer ass. If ya care about Twilight, Derpy, yer friends... ya will find a way to save them. The world needs ya now" Applebloom started to help Doctor get up.

Sweetie ran over

"Is there some way to stop it ? " she whispered, looking at the black void.

Doctor frowned and hissed

"When Daybreaker killed Luna, the unchanged link between the worlds, this whole dimension started to collapse. I am afraid that stopping this void is beyond our capabilities."

And then the space around the TARDIS started burning with a swirling multicolour light. It shielded the vehicle from the void, like a cloak or a cage.

"Like Harry Potter. " the Doctor stared at the barrier in amazement.

"Like who ?" Scootlaoo gave a Doctor irritated glare

"You know, the wizard ? Fourth book ? Battle on the graveyard and the cage from light ? "

"Doctor you were saying something about a way to end this mess" Sweetie Belle persisted.

"This barrier is the Horizon of Events. It is connected with every moment in time and space in this dying universe. It is the essence of the heart of the TARDIS. She is using it to protect us, but when power wears off..."

**************************

Sweetie Belle heard it. A soft, gentle tune inside of her head. A call... singing inside of her mind. It came from the console's direction

She didn't even noticed when she trotted to the console following the hypnotizing melody. On the console was lying the mysterious medallion. Sweetie could swear that she heard soft but persistent words

OPEN ME. OPEN ME. OPEN ME...

she came a step closer and touched the surface of the medallion with a hoof...

**************************

But what about the fixin' ?" Appleblom asked

"If any living component from this universe could enter the Horizon of events, he or she would be able to become a substitute of Princess Luna and stop the void from expanding. But that substitute would have to represent the majority of Princess's emotions and behaviours...the more similar, the better. Like I said, is beyond our capabilities" said the Doctor, managing to close the door.

“So what should we do ?” Scootaloo saidin high pitched voice.

Doctor looked at the barrier

“We shouldn’t give up. Maybe if we go further into the TARDIS, we will delay our...demise and I will have to figure something out”

„ No, Doctor. You know it will do nothing” said quiet voice behind Doctor'sback

Three ponies slowly turned around to see Sweetie Belle, standing behind them with lowered head.

"What did you say ?" asked the Doctor.

Sweetie Belle stepped forward, her hooves trembling.

“I said that retreating is not an option. I think...” she said, starring at multicolour veil “ I think that I should go.”

Scootaloo and Applebloom stared at her friend, visibly confused. But Doctor’s eyes shown that he understood. He took few steps into Sweetie Belle’s direction but he almost fainted by doing so. His tired face looked at emerald-eyed unicorn.

“No” he said, fixing his gaze at Sweetie’s face “ Just no.”

“Doctor, it is the only way to keep you all safe...”

“I AM THE ONE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO KEEP YOU SAFE” yelled the Doctor “There is no way you are going to go. I will go, you will stay. I am dying, it doesn’t matter for me anyway”

Applebloom and Scootaloo were moving their eyes from one pony to another

“I think I might be just a liiiitleee bit behind” said Scootaloo “ What is going on ?”

“Sweetie Belle wants to enter the Horizon of Events. She want to sacrifice herself for us to survive” Doctor slowly answered.

Two Crusaders quickly placed themselves between Doctor and Sweetie Belle.

“ Are ya out of yer mind ? There is no way we are lettin’ ya die for us.” shouted Applebloom.

“She is right, are you crazy? How did you even come up with something like that ?” added Scootaloo

Doctor looked at Sweetie Belle

“That is a good question. I don’t believe that you have an idea of yourself. Is this some kind of a trick...manipulation ?”

„I was told ?”

„Told by who ?”

„The medallion told me and give me wisdom and strength to do what must be done”

„You sound so mature. What is this medallion and what have it done to you ?”

„You will find out soon. Keep it safe, it is a matter of great importance”

„Sweetie, I won’t let you do this. It’s too dangerous”

“Doctor, this medallion gave me some glimpses of my own future. It is going to be fine”

Doctor crawled closer to white unicorn.

“I am not loosing another friend tonight. I am so sick of loosing. No more. Please, let me do this”

“Doctor, you are a stallion. It wouldn’t work and it would probably make it even worse. Look, you said for yourself: it has to be somepony representing majority of Princess’s emotions and behaviours. I have always deeply respected Princess Luna, she is kind of my hero. Since she helped me to understand Rarity’s doings during my fifth birthday, I knew that we had some kind of bond. Everypony who knows me can admit that I am idealistic dreamer who ones had an older sister issues. Sounds familiar, doesn’t it ?”

Doctor lowered his head. He knew Sweetie had the point.

White unicorn turned to her two fellow Crusaders.

„I don’t expect you to understand why I want to do this. I wish that you accept it and... let me go “ she whispered in apologetic tone

„And how we are supposed to do that???!!!!! SWEETIE BELLE, WE LOVE YOU!!! PLEASE, DON’T GO!!!” cried Scootaloo

Applebloom nodded, tears streaming down her cheeks.

„Are ya really thinkin’ that we will let ya die for us ? We can’t... we just can’t. We would rather die for you”

“But I love you too. And in the name of that love, the love for you and everything that I have left behind, I have to do what must be done. It has to be me. It is better that you might be able to fix this mess than being absorbed by that void. I will be fine, right Doctor ?”

Time Lord was quiet for a while then slowly muttered

“You won’t be dead if that is what you mean. But I live long enough to know that they are worst things than death “ he glanced at Sweetie Belle, his eyes were cold and serious “ You won’t die. But you will be thrown to unknown time and place. You won’t be able to predict what challenges you will have to face. You might even lose some of your memories. Or all of them.

But I understand the meaning of your sacrifice. If I learned anything valuable during my lives it is that letting go is one of the hardest things to do but it doesn’t make it less right to do it. Sometimes the only choices we have are the bad ones but we still have to choose.”

“Thank you Doctor” said Sweetie Belle softly

Then, all of the sudden, she ran over to the dying Time Lord and hugged him tightly.

“What is it ?” asked the shocked Doctor

“I am... I am so terrified. I know Princess Luna story and I know what... where I will have to go...what I will become. I am not ready but I have to do this...”

“I from all the ponies know the best what it is to becoming someone else. To jump into the unknown”Doctor said, trying to calm Sweetie Belle, now crying on his neck “ It is your choice. Whatever you decide, we will support you. And Sweetie Belle...”

Unicorn’s head moved slightly

“Huh ?”

“It was an honour to meet you. In your future, we were friends and I was attending many of your concerts. I just want you to know that I and your friends, we won’t forget you. Ever.”

“Yeah, no matter what!!!” Scootaloo and Applebloom shouted in unison.

Sweetie Belle turned her head into the direction of the door

“I believe that the time has come.” She then hugged Applebloom and Scootaloo “Thank you girls, for everything you were to me”

Applebloom, crying into her friends white fur, began to sing. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo recognized the tune and joined earth pony:

[Applebloom]

When family cannot be here

Having journeyed far and wide

We sing a song to honour them

To remember days gone by

[Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo]

So take your cup and raise it high

Just as surely I'll do mine

And laugh we will at stories told

As we smile at days gone by

As we smile at days gone by

[Everypony]

For family not here, my dears

Having journeyed far and wide

For loyalty and kindness both

We smile at days gone by

(Sweetie Belle put her hoof under Applebloom’s chin and looked her and Scootaloo in the eyes)

[Sweetie Belle]

Our paths will cross again one day

In time to reunite

For family is always near

Even when the seas are wide

[Scootaloo]

So take your cup and raise it high

Just as surely I'll do mine

And make a toast for family

And the tales of days gone by

[Everypony]

For family not here, my dears

Having journeyed far and wide

For loyalty and kindness both

Take joy at days gone by

For loyalty and kindness both

We smile at days gone by

When the song ended, Sweetie Belle wiped her friends’ tears

“I will be back. I promise. You are my family...” she looked at Applebloom “ And we stick together no matter what. No one is abandoned or left behind. I will go back even if it will take me” she gulped “ a thousand years... Goodbye girls. And you find Spike tell him...tell him...”

She whispered something into Applebloom's ear. Yellow filly blushed and slowly nodded.

Applebloom cleared her troth

“We will always be with ya. When ya will be eatin’ an apple...” whispered Applebloom

“or do something epic and awesome...” added Scootaloo

“Just remember that there is always a home to come back to. We will be waitin’ for ya.” finished Applebloom

Sweetie Belle gave them one last hug and moved closer to the Doctor.

„Doctor, will it hurt ?”

Doctor remained silent then answered, hesitating

„I truly don’t know. I assume that your body will be changed by the Horizon. When you will awake, you will be Princess Luna. I don’t know when or where. But... there must be another way. I should be the one protecting you. I won’t give up”

„ Doctor, what was shown to me says that you are always protecting others. Stopping the void will heal you so let me help you for once. I will be all right. This is my choice, my destiny.” she looked at the Time Lord’s eyes” If you want to do something for me, remember me and kick Daybreaker’s butt for me and my sister."

"Sweetie Belle, come over here. I have to do something I have never done before. It will be my gift for you. It's the least I can do in my current state. Now I must place a hoof on your forehead..."

Sweetie slowly allow the Doctor to place his hoof between her eyes.

"Applebloom, Scootaloo, help me get up. I don't seem to have control over my back legs"

Two fillies ran over and helped Doctor raise a bit so his eyes were now on the level of Sweetie Belle's

"Now all I need is your full name and your parents names"

" For what ?"

"Trust me. It is meant for your protection

"Right... Sweetie Clarity Belle

Despite the situation, Scootaloo giggled

"Sweetie, Rarity, Clarity ? What is your mom's second name ? Majority ? "

Sweetie blushed

" Shut up Scoots. It's a family tradition. I think it is cool"

Sweetie gave the Doctor information he needed.

Time Lord inhaled deeply and said

"Ready when you are"

Then he closed his eyes

For a moment nothing happened

Suddenly, the console roomflooded by the white light. The bells started to rang and the central column flashed gold.

Crusaders looked around, scared and confused

Sweetie Belle glanced at the Doctor

"Doctor, what is hap-"

Doctor opened his eyes

They were emanating their own light and the irises turned from light blue into pure gold

The Doctor spoke and three ponies shivered. The voice Doctor was speaking was filled with wisdom, power and sadness. It was a vibrating choir of eleven different voices in perfect harmony

"I, THE DOCTOR, SON OF ULISSES AND ELARI, THE ONE WHO MAKES PEOPLE BETTER, THE UNCOMING STORM AND BRINGER OF DARKNESS, ALWAYS UNARMED, SPEAK TO YOU. BY THE POWER INVESTED IN ME BY THE FORCES OF TIME AND DESTINY, AS A TIME LORD OF PLANET GALLIFREY I GIVE MY BLESSING TO SWEETIE CLARITY BELLE, FROM THE BLOOD OF HONDO AND COOKIE CRUMBLES. LET IT GUIDE HER THROUGHOUT THE UNIVERSE, PROTECTING FROM THE HARM BY THE FORCES OF TIME AND EVIL. I PROMISE WITH BOTH OF MY HEARTS THAT I WILL BRING HER TO SAFETY AND RETURN TO PEACE FROM THE TORMENT. I SWEAR WITH ALL OF MY LIVES.

WE SWEAR AS ONE"

The white light vanished and the Doctor's eyes became blue again.

Sweetie Belle stared at the Time Lord, her jaw dropped. She tried to smile

"Did you just gave me a lesson of speaking in Royal Canterlot Voice ?"

" Not exactly " answered Doctor, visibly exhausted "I blessed you and I swear I will bring you back. I also gave up 50 years of my life to make a protection for you. That blessing is a strong thing you know".

Sweetie Belle smiled

"Thank you Doctor. For everything. Now" she turned to the door" Here comes nothing. Here we go!"

" The long way around" whispered Doctor.

Sweetie Belle started gallopingtowards doors direction. Doors opened by themselves.

" So the three of us fight, fight, fight!!!!" Sweetie Belle screamed jumpingthe door

Applebloom and Scootaloo quickly placed the Doctor on the ground and ran to the door.

When Sweetie Belle reached the multicolour veil, her body flashed with golden light and was sucked into the shining curtain

"This is... this is..." whispered Applebloom

"I know. She really sang that crap of a song as her last words" Scootaloo cried out

Before Applebloom can answer, the world around them turned to the colour of gold...

****************

" Ahhhhhh!!!!" Doctor screamed. Then he examined his body "She was right. Only the presence of void was killing me but know..."

He quickly raised up and bucked into the air.

"All healed. I am not dying anymore. Yupi!!! Well, the Doctor is back in the game"

" So what is the plan ?" Applebloom ask

"Oh, it is ingenious plan. Observe" he ran to the console and pressed something on her. Doctor smiled widely " I have always wanted to press that button. I loooove pressing buttons"

" So what know ?" Scootaloo screamed

"To the roof " Doctor shouted back

"Whaaat???"

"Just climb up and I will show you"

*************

When Doctor and Crusaders finally managed climb on the roof, they noticed a beam of golden light emanating from the lantern.

" We can't stay here, so I harvested the energy from the remaining of the void to send us to another universe. Just enter the beam and you will find out. Better stick together." Doctor grabbed both fillies "I know it looks dangerous but it is the only way to stop Daybreaker and bring back Sweetie Belle and the others. The TARDIS will follow us. So what will you say ?"

Scootaloo twisted her head

" It looks like a nasty thing but I will do it for Sweetie Belle."

Applebloom approved friends decision.

"For Sweetie Belle"

Doctor nodded, one tear flowing down his cheek.

"For Sweetie Belle"

Holding each other tightly, three ponies entered the stream of light.

To be continued, in the second volume, Stary Eclipse

Comments ( 3 )

Before I read this, are the main character's CMC or Main 6?

9030874
Through the first 3 chapters they have equal impact on the story, next 9 chapters are their separate POVs in the nightmare, then till the end is more CMC. Mane 6 have more time in second part, Starry Eclipse. Besides CMC and Mane 6 the Princesses, two well known foes and suprise character will appear...

9031886
Okay not what I was hoping but thx for the feedback.

Login or register to comment