• Published 15th May 2018
  • 335 Views, 3 Comments

Aeternitas Book I: Lunar Shadow - Shadowlight Wanderer



Collection of conected character studies and mystery story. Our heroes are trapped in the nightmares by foes, who are after powerful forces of mystical nature. Will they be able to save the world and overcome the darkness ?

  • ...
 3
 335

The Begining of the End

Chapter 2

Twilight Sparkle was delighted. With Spike's and Pinkie's help she prepared friendship castle for celebration. The guests were just starting to gather.

First arrived Applejack with her younger sister, Applebloom. Little filly with fiery red mane and vibrant amber eyes smiled to Twilight. "Thanks again for throwin' this here party, Twilight." exclaimed Applebloom with joy

" It is my pleasure. But it wasn't my idea to throw you three a party. But thank your sister for it"- Twilight answered, smiling in return.

Applebloom turned to Applejack. "Thanks big sis" she murmured shyly " ya know, our camp is not such a big deal"

Applejack gasped. " You have to be jokin', sugarcube. You did a heck a lot of a good job helping those ponies realize what are their special talents. Don't call it unimportant. All ponies in your school are talkin' about y'all with respect, I heard by my own ears. It' s nothing bad about being a little appreciated". Applejack move closer to her younger sibling and hugged her tightly. "I'm very proud of you. We all are. Mom and dad would be too" Applejack sighed when some tears fall inside of her soul.

Twilight was really touched by the scene in front of her. She step aside to give Applejack and Applebloom some space. She summonedparty checklist/schedule with her magic and quickly read it. " Oh, where they are?" she said to herself "we should be starting by now"

Suddenly, she heard a sound of wings beating the air. Twilight ran to the door but didn't saw anypony. The sound was still distant. "I wonder if it's Fluttershy or... "

Moment later, the voice echoed in the dark " And now prepare yourself for most awesome and cool flying feat you have ever encountered"

"...Rainbow" Twilight nodded. She should predict that the athletic pegasus will make a great entrance.

Voice in the darkness continued " Fillies and gentlecolts, may I present you: The one and only, the fastest and the coolest pony in all of Equestria...RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNBBBOOOOOWDAAAAAASH"

Twilight was pressed against the ground by the shockwave created by blue pegasus who flew into the castle with full speed. Rainbow's flight ended when she crashed into the wall before she managed to stop herself. Still, she was able to turn to her friends and swirling around, came near them: "Nailed it she " she shouted.

After Rainbow Dash arrived Scootaloo. The orange pegasus filly was accompanied by Rainbow Dash as her honorary little sister. Rainbow slightly nodded in the direction of Applebloom " Come on Scoot,it is your night. Go play or do whatever you like". Scootaloo' s face lightened up and she went for a search of Applebloom that was exploring the castle on her own.

After a while, finally arrived last three guests: Fluttershy, Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Rainbow Dash smiled widely to Rarity " What s the matter? You are so slow that I was afraid that the party will end before you arrive" Rainbow stared at Rarity'snewest creation that unicorn was wearing with pride.

Then Rainbow raised her hoof into the air " Oh right, you are not that slow. Not always. But you could for once forget about this fru-fru nonsense and go somewhere faster?" she asked.

"And ruin my newest couture?"Rarity gasped " Oh Rainbow Dash, don't be so ignorant. When you are going somewhere, you have to do this with elegance and grace. Besides, I am just fashionably late. It is called tradition. Not that you care about that, Dashie?"

Rainbow Dash frowned "Why you-" started furiously.

"Cut it out you two, it is time for partying not arguing" Applejack sent the two disapproving glare.

***************

It was already two hours after party started. Pinkie Pie and Vinyl Scratch were having tons of fun combining their party and musical abilities to create best dance music and remixes in history of partying. Meanwhile the guests listened two beautiful song written and performed by Sweetie Belle (Rarity was constantly bursting into tears so Sweetie had to start all over again). After playing Pin the Tail on the Pony Rainbow Dash accidently almost pinedthe tail on Fluttershy which cause timid rose-manned pegasus to hide on a crystal chandelier.

" No, I am not going down" whispered Fluttershy, still shaking " this is to sharp. Somepony can be stabbed or worse..." Fluttershy covered her face with her wings.

While Rainbow Dash and Applejack were trying to convince Fluttershy to get down, the rest of the group was in the another corner of the banquet room.Spike was just dancing his famous dance feat known as " the fire shake" when music changed. It slowed down and become quitter and more gentle. Spike noticed that Pinkie Pie winked to him . He smiled. Of course it was for him. Now he had a chance. He quickly found Rarity dancing alone nearby. He slowly approached white unicorn and gently touched her to get her attention. Spike, with his heart beating faster than it ever beaten, spoke gently "Rarity, the night is still young and everything can happen. May I have this dance-"

"Flutter shy, darling, what are you doing on this dreadful height. Wait, I will try to help you" Rarity interrupted Spike's confession and galloped away. Spike turned around and saw the situation with the chandelier. "Well, this is just awesome. Very convenient...again" Spike sighed and looked at Rarity in the distance "Oh Rarity, please, just say something for once. Don't run away. Don't leave me like this" he thought with a mixture of sorrow and grief in his soul.

"Spike..." said voice behind Spike's back. He turned around to see Sweetie Belle, watching him with a timid glare of green eyes. She was brushing her swirly mane in two shades of purple with her hoof as she was somehow nervous " If you like, I can always...I would like to tell you something..."

"Yes Sweetie, what is it?" Spike was trying not to show that his eyes are still searching the sight of Rarity

Sweetie Belle opened her mouth but before she said what she had in mind, castle's main doors opened widely with loud BOOOM. Somepony went inside. Or maybe rather fell inside. Everypony in the room gathered around the mysterious figure. Twilight removed a travel cloak form a stranger and gasped.

" Shining Armour!!!" shouted everypony. Twilight's older brother slowly arose from the floor and looked at sister with tired expression.

"You must go with me. All of you. Nopony will be safe here" he said with effort " the end has just began"

After this words, he sighed heavily and fell to the floor, unconscious.