• Published 15th May 2018
  • 335 Views, 3 Comments

Aeternitas Book I: Lunar Shadow - Shadowlight Wanderer



Collection of conected character studies and mystery story. Our heroes are trapped in the nightmares by foes, who are after powerful forces of mystical nature. Will they be able to save the world and overcome the darkness ?

  • ...
 3
 335

Foreword and big thank you

I cannot believe that I am actually doing this.

When I first thought about a fanfiction, I couldn't decide in which direction I should go. This show is so amazing and showed me so much that I am really, really sure that I was born in a wrong world. I was always a loner and a stranger. Well, I have my quirks and I am cool with them, but sometimes I wish that I had more acceptance in my life.

My first interaction with My Little Pony was at second half of November 2010, shortly after first episode was aired. I had a private English teacher at the time and she showed me first episode. I watched it and I liked it. I really, really did. But then I forgot about the show. And this is something I think I will never let go. I mean, I was 10 years old and I thought a bit stereotypically. "Oh, it is fine, but this is a show for little girls after all". I realized how wrong I was after six years.

By the time you read this, I will probably be turning 17. In February I will be a brony for a year. This year was full of magical events, full of excitement and discoveries. I joined the herd completely but I was still a bit sad. Though I had a new perspective of a teenager and not the one of the child, I still had a grief cause of the time I missed outside the fandom. I missed the conventions, I missed the airing of the older seasons, the creation of the fan-pages, I missed the time of the biggest creativity in the projects. I lost it all. When I realized that, I legitly cried all night. There is nothing more frustrating in my life than the fact that I often screw up but I can't fix it later cause I have no influence.

This series is truly the one of the most magical and changing experiences in my life. There was a time of great curiosity when I was learning all I could about ponies and everything related to them. There was a time when I started collecting items, mostly shirts and figures. (I have a small collection of my Rarity figures watching me when I work in my room). But then I ran out of ideas. I sorta burnt out. And because I love this show, I didn't want it to go. But there was nobody to talk in a large area. I was sole brony in my town. I felt lonely. So I decided to read works of other people and watch reactions. I started to spread the lessons of friendship across my school in a form of simple acts of kindness and help. Following the hoofsteps of my beloved Rarity, I decided to always try to see divine beauty in other people and help their talents shine.

I am a mystical person. Besides Rarity, my favourite ponies are Luna and Discord (pony and a draconequus, but you all know what I mean). They both gave me strenght to move forward, despite all that I lost, opened me to impossibilities, taught how to love both chaos and order, to feel the beauty in everything. I loved that feeling of kindness and love igniting my soul.

But there was one little Tantabus inside of me. Still, no one to share and talk. So I decided to write this.

This story, at least the first part of it, may not be the most happy one. It may not be sunshine and flowers. But this is the main difference between G4 and the other pony generations. Life of our ponies is not always easy. But there is no doubt that the friendship is worth fighting for and that there is always hope that things will get better.

This story is a study of many characters involved in a major plot. The many chapters tell about experiences of each pony separately (you will see why) but believe me, there is continuity in there. Even if it is a little bit twisted.

I will always love mane 6. Each one of them represents things I wish to be better in or one of my own virtues. I was like Twilight when I was little. I had my books and that was enough. Later I become like Rainbow, proving to world that I am not weak and I can leave my mark. I tried to be strong and stand against any obstacle. Later, I tried my best to live by the gospel truth to get along with people around me and it had written Applejack all over it. Later came a time of various mood swings and I was either enjoying life or wrote poetry in my room. It was my Pinkie Pie time. Later, I started to search beauty and Rarity's influence never actually left me. Now I decided to spread love and kindness, in hope that this will make me a better person, just like Fluttershy.

But enough of this sad cheat-chat. Now here comes the joyful and sentimental part

I hope you find this story enjoyable enough. I cannot thank enough for what that fandom did too me. I will never able to do it properly. But for all the bronies and pegasisters out there: Thank you all for your kindness and awesomeness. For making this show even greater than it already is. I love you all. Thank you Ashleigh, Tara, ThabithaAndrea and John DeLancie for voicing one of the best friends and life teachers I have ever had. All the crew, drawers, editors, scriptwriters, animators and all of you working with our ponies...I will always appreciate your effort. I have to thank all of the brony groups I am a part of, such as We all love my little or The Brony and Pegasister Clan: A family like no other. Thanks for letting me share and show my works and thoughts. Thank all of the amazing artists whose work inspired me in my search for new ideas. I thank that few friends and colleagues, especially Ioli Gikopoulou and Ricky Maska III. Always good to have friends, even a few. I wish that someday I will meet most wonderful people to you. I dedicate this story to the whole brony and pegasister community.

I also want to say thank you to my favourite reactors for giving me episode feedback, shared laughs and many more. I really appreciate and admire you all. Thank you Rarity Dash (Every Rarity lover is my friend, you were the first reactor I have ever watched,) Alex Side (For reactions to the fan projects and Bride of Discord), Stormlight (For honest and objective reactions), Blank Slate (I felt many similarities in our reactions and it made my very happy), Applegeek (for the attitude and cool Stetson), Kickassreaction, Ranger Bravo (For warm reception and cheerful reactions), JhonnyFireFlame (for reacting to foreign language of mlp, you won my heart with this), BronyBurningAxe (for the guitar and cool oc. Really, Iwanted to draw my oc after seeing yours), LaDix (For general coolness and reactions of the old seasons) and SumrfVlogs (For letting me watch as you develop into a brony. Stay cool, watching with love). Also, special thanks go to Ashley H, Magpiepony ,DisneyFanatic and Scribbler, for inspiring me to start acting writing and audio dramatizing. I love all your work.I dedicate this story to you. Stay awesome.

And finally, I have to thank the ponies. It wouldn't be fair to exclude them. I thank Twilight for teaching me that sometimes you need to come out to meet new friends cause with them you can achive everything. Applejack, for reminding me of the importance of hard work, honesty (It is important cause sometimes I can be kind of lazy) and importance of a family. Pinkie Pie, for filling me with hope and joy every morning. Fluttershy, for teaching me that kindness is the key to the soul. Rainbow Dash, for motivating me to keep moving forward just for the sake of moving. Rarity, for being the prettiest mare in all of Equestria... well, also cause she gave me a gift of seeing beauty in every creature. Luna, for making me a wanderer through dreams. And Discord, cause thanks to him I love living a life without plan and security.

Fillies and gentlecolts, I humbly present the first book of the Aeternitas Trilogy, Lunar Shadow,my very first MLP fanfiction.

Enjoy!