• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 503 Views, 10 Comments

Falling - Maddie Koester



When two foals meet, they become instant best but when they learn who each other's mothers are, everything goes downhill. With both having different dreams and parents that hate each other, will the friendship last?

  • ...
1
 10
 503

Life Lacking

The day of Shining’s departure:

Anger. That’s all I felt since she told me. That, and pain; sharp stabbing in my heart, making me all the angrier. How could she just leave when everything was going so well. Mom wanted me to go say goodbye, but I had locked my door and had no intention of opening it anytime soon. I had water, sandwiches, and candy still in my room… all prepared for the big sleepover I was going to have with Shining. There was no thought in my head, except for the fact that she was gone, just like everypony else I became friends with in past years.

The colts I hung out with when life was simple, easy; they went to Whinnyapolis. Bright Spark, my friend before Shining, came around, moved to Manehattan after his mom made it big in the movie “Talk Derby to me”, which was about training to be a derby racer apparently; I wasn’t allowed to watch it at the time, and had no interest to. These were only a few of the foals that have left, and I never saw any of them again, so how could I think Shining still wanted to be friends. I hate life sometimes…

A week after Shining left:

I left my room today. There was too much time to myself to think, and now I feel bad for missing her train… oh well. Mom had been sitting at the table when I came down, and she tried to have a “feelings talk”, but I really didn’t want more feelings right now.

Apparently the CMC had come around a few times, and I felt even worse for ignoring the friends that I did still have. As soon as they dropped by again, I would talk to them. It would be too embarrassing to go to them; they probably were angry at me… and I would understand. There was only five weeks of summer left, so I would see them at school if nothing else. Why do I keep making friends… friendship never seems to go right for me so why do I keep trying.

Add a week:

I decided I couldn’t stand Mom and Dad’s nagging, so I left the house. For a second I thought about getting an ice cream, but I didn’t want to be around others, so I went for a walk. Wandering from place to place, deep in thoughts of regret and anger. Briefly, I debated running away, but then everyone else would be sad or angry, and I wouldn’t get to meet the Wonderbolts. That was two weeks away, and I had almost forgotten about it. Maybe that would cheer me up; flying next to Rainbow Dash, Soarin, and Spitfire. While I was in my brain, I had accidently walked out of town, out to a place I never wanted to be again… the hill. Like shook me out of my haze when I bumped into a tree.

Ow, stupid tree!” I looked around and continued, “Ugh, why did I bring myself here! I’m so dumb, stupid brain, stupid thoughts, stupid, stupid, stupid!”

After my tantrum, I sat down with a huff and looked at the same tree Shining and I had kissed after looking at. A sharp slice of sadness cut through me. The tree looked so beautiful with the dying sun behind it, just like Shining. For the hundredth time, I wondered why she left. It’s her life, I should be happy, it’s just hard to imagine a school year without her. How am I going to tell her sorry, I won’t see her for such a long time! I sat in worried thought, watching the stars blink in the sky, until my eyes grew heavy and I drifted off into a dark void of dreams.

I wander along a blank white hall. On the sides, pictures of my friends blankly stare at me. As I look at them, they complain about how bad I am as a friend. Their voices bore holes in my brain, and I begin to run in a panic. The hall is endless, and their voices never end.

“Please! Go away, leave me alone!” I shout and cry, and the noise stops with a sharp click. Standing before me is a tall dark alicorn, Princess Luna.

“Do not fret young one, it is just a dream. I know you’re worried about what others think about you, I once was too,” she tells me, her voice calming yet majestic.

“How can I tell Shining I’m sorry?” I ask, hoping she’ll have an answer.

“There are many ways, ask those around you for guidance, for I cannot help you as a parent may. I will tell you that all you need is a paper and quill,” Luna says, before dissolving into a mist.

I woke up with a shudder, and felt the sun bearing down on my flank. It was fairly early in the morning, and I realized what Princess Luna meant. A letter! With a sliver of hope, I jumped up and ran toward my house, never noticing the green eyes watching me from the tree.

~~~

I knew I would be in trouble for being out all night, but Mom was scarier than the Pony of Shadows! As I came through the door, I saw her, Dad, the CMC and their parents, and a stallion that was dark grey with a black mane; most likely a police stallion. The first one to notice me was Jazzy; everyone else was not far behind.

“PLATINUM STREAK!! WHERE WERE YOU YOUNG COLT?! I SHOULD KILL YOU RIGHT NOW FOR GOING MISSING!!!” She charged for me, and I thought I was done for, but she pulled me into a tight hug.

Dad came over and said, “Where were you?”

“I was out by… the CMC clubhouse,” I lied, not wanting to give away Shining and I’s secret spot. Hurricane look at me, but didn’t say anything.

“Well then, no more going out of town after dinner!” Mom decreed, but I knew she was glad I was home.

“Can we talk t’ Platinum real quick Ma’am?” Jazzy asked, and she nodded before going to talk to the other adults. I followed the three of them outside, and they all gave me a small hug.

“Why did you not go to see Shining before she left? She was really sad,” Controller Note stated with a slight frown.

“I don’t really want to talk about it; I have a way to apologize to her. Honestly, I’m just really sorry for ignoring everyone,” I said, looking away to avoid their gaze.

“Well, we ain’t mad at ‘cha. I for one am happier than a pig in mud that you’re out an’ about,” Jazzy said in her weird country way. The other CMC looked at Hurricane, who had a puzzled look on his face.

“What wrong with ya Hurricane?” Jazzy asked.

“It’s just that… I don’t know how Platinum is going to apologize to Shining since she’s so far away,” he claimed.

“Oh, well then, let’s go back inside!” Controller said, and the girls ran ahead of us.

“Where were you actually?” Hurricane asked, and I turned toward him.

“Uhh, If I tell you will you tell me what your hiding?” I responded.

“I guess so, but you have to go first,” Hurricane said in defense.

“Alright, I was by a big apple and pear tree in Sweet Apple Acres. Shining and I used to go there together…” I informed him.

“Oh… I was out at the clubhouse the night you were gone because…” he took a deep breath, “My parents were fighting… again...”

I felt so bad for him… all I could think to do was give him a hug; I then realized his dad wasn’t with the adults, and some other stallion was instead. This was something I hoped would never happen between my parents, and to imagine his world… it made my life feel amazing compared to his. I guess others have it hard too…

Author's Note:

I LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!! Sorry for the hiatus, but I'v been busy with drama club. We finished our musical The Hunchback of Notre Dame about two weeks ago, and Stardust and I have just got started writting again. More coming soon!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment