• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 504 Views, 10 Comments

Falling - Maddie Koester



When two foals meet, they become instant best but when they learn who each other's mothers are, everything goes downhill. With both having different dreams and parents that hate each other, will the friendship last?

  • ...
1
 10
 504

Troubled Times

The first day of school was nothing more than introducing ourselves and learning about everypony. When the bell rang, I picked up my stuff and started to head out. Platinum Streak, the colt sitting next to me, had rushed out as soon as the bell rang. I wanted to be friends with him since he seemed lonely... like me. He didn't seem to talk much, but I thought that was fine. I set my bag down and sat on a swing in the playground, since mother wasn't here yet.

Soon the filly that sat behind me started walking toward me; she was joined by the two honey maned twins! "What were there names? Copper Shill? Honeycomb and Honey Hoof? Oh, I hope those are right!" I thought, as Copper look around and smiled, she saw we were alone. Her eyes sent me a cold stare.

"Hi! Nice to meet you, I'm Copper Shell," she smiled. The tone in her voice and that smile, they gave me a knotted feeling in my stomach.

"Uh, hi; I'm Shining Feather," I replied.

"Well, you do have feathers, but the only thing that shine with you are those ears!" she snickered. Honey Hoof laughed behind her and nudged Honeycomb to join in; she gave a forced laugh.

"They're really... Obnoxious!" Honey Hoof snorted.

"Copper, time to go!" A voice called. We turned to look at the road.
"Their parents are here, thank Celestia!" I thought happily.

"This stays between us, and don't think otherwise or there will be problem. Understand, Dumbo?" Copper warned as the three trotted away. "Dumbo? Are my ears really that big?" I questioned myself as I made my way to my mother, who had also just arrived.

"Why hello, Bee Heart!" Mother smiled.

"Hello, Silver Spoon, I thought you were still in Canterlot!" Bee Heart, the Honeys' mom, exclaimed. She had a white coat with a yellow and black mane, and was a pegasus, unlike her children.

"We arrived here over the summer," Mother stated.

Then Copper's mother joined the chat; she was light gray unicorn with a grayed purple and pink mane. I sighed, knowing that the conversation would go on for at least ten minutes. "At least I tried to make a friend. Oh, I forgot to talk to those three foals I saw this morning!" I thought. Finally, we headed home and spent the rest of the day like normal, or at least Mother and Papa did.

Author's Note:

I decided to give you gives a little present, a new chapter! It's been a hassle this week! Well, at least it’s my birthday!:pinkiehappy: Consider this chapter a reverse birthday present from me to you! :raritywink::heart: