• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 503 Views, 10 Comments

Falling - Maddie Koester



When two foals meet, they become instant best but when they learn who each other's mothers are, everything goes downhill. With both having different dreams and parents that hate each other, will the friendship last?

  • ...
1
 10
 503

Almost There

After being grounded from inventing for a week, I spent hours in my workshop, trying to get it done. The school was having multiple contests, one of them being the science fair. I was sure that if the “Super Flyer” was working… that I would win for sure. The wings had been made, and all I had to do was connect the control panel. Once I did that, I could test it. A surge of excitement ran through my body. Shining was sitting on a stool, writing in a notebook. Jazzy, Controller, and Hurricane were preparing for an upcoming singing contest. I hadn’t heard their song yet, but I was sure it would be great! It was around 5:00 when I had to stop. Mom had called me and Shining in for dinner, and then Shining would have to go home. The smell of pasta filled my nostrils as we walked into the kitchen. There was spaghetti, sauce, and shredded cheese sitting on the counter. Shining licked her lips and began to put some food on her plate. I followed suit and grabbed some food. We sat at the new table, and dug into the spaghetti. Mom and Dad were on the couch, eating and watching a comedy.

“How close are you to finishing the Super Flyer?” Shining asked between bites.

“Pretty close! It should be done by next week!” I exclaimed. Shining smiled and said, “Well I am going to enter a contest too!”

“Which contest?” I asked.

“You’ll see. I can’t tell you because it’s a surprise!” She responded with a smile.

I laughed and finished off my dinner. Shining had finished too, so I grabbed our plates and set them in the sink. While Shining grabbed her backpack, I walked over to mom, who was still sitting watching TV.

“I’m going to walk Shining home,” I informed.

“Ok, walk straight back once she gets home,” Mom said sternly.

“Got it!” I said before trotting over to Shining, who was opening the door.

We walked out into the darkening street, and I tried to explain how the Super Flyer works for the millionth time. Shining still didn’t understand, but it gave us something to talk about. School was over in a few weeks, and there wasn’t much to talk about anymore. The ten minute walk to her house seemed to be over in an instant, and we said goodbye on her doorstep.

“See ya tomorrow,” I said.

“Bye Platinum,” She replied before opening the door and walking inside.

I turned and began to walk home as the wind picked up. There were some pegasi in the sky, moving clouds to get ready for the evening storm. Slowing down, I watched the pegasi pack the clouds together. There were two fillies trying to help out, but they were doing more playing than actually helping. I watched them enviously, but then realized I had stopped walking. Seeing that the pegasi were nearly done, I started to trot, then jog. I made it home before the storm started, and went to the workshop to clean up a bit. When I walked in, I noticed Shining’s pink and yellow notebook sitting on the stool.
It was very tempting to read it, but I managed not to open it as I took it over to my backpack and slipped it inside. Walking back into the workshop, I began to clean it up. The Super Flyer looked horrible, so I started thinking of different ways to make it look better.

Maybe I should add stickers… no, that would be weird. What if I just painted it? That would look cool! Maybe I could paint it bright blue! With the image of a beautiful flying machine in my head, I walked out and told my mom I needed paint.

“I’ll take you tomorrow. It’s too late to head out tonight,” Mom said.

“Ok Mom. I’m going to shower then,” I informed her before
walking upstairs.

As I went to sleep that night, I looked over at my wonderbolts poster.

Soon, I’ll be on that poster, and maybe have some of my own.

I slept with dreams of paparazzi surrounding me and flying next to Rainbow Dash.

Author's Note:

Yay a new chapter! May is defiantly a rather busy time of the year. Star Dust and I will try to update again shortly. Have a great day! :pinkiehappy: