• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 504 Views, 10 Comments

Falling - Maddie Koester



When two foals meet, they become instant best but when they learn who each other's mothers are, everything goes downhill. With both having different dreams and parents that hate each other, will the friendship last?

  • ...
1
 10
 504

Night of Stars

Platinum and I were walking in front of our mothers and talking. We were heading to the school for the first competition. The other CMC 2.0 members were in the competition, so we wanted good seats. As we got closer to the school, we saw a long line of ponies waiting to get in.

“Ugh, this is gonna take awhile,” Platinum groaned.

“Yeah, I guess we weren’t the only ones that wanted good seats,” I said with a sigh.

We took our spots at the back of the line and slowly moved closer to the front.

“Oh, uh hey, ladies,” a voice said from behind us.

I turned around to see the grey earth pony and Copper Shell. Our parents had turned around too, but when they saw the stallion they turned back around to face forward.

“Come on ladies, I don’t know why you’re mad at me. If anything I should be mad at you,” He huffed.

I saw Copper Shell smirk as mother tensed up angrily Platinum’s mother turned and replied, “You have no reason to be upset! You were the one who ran away from your problems, not tried to solve them or be honest with us!”

Platinum then turned around and turned his mother towards him.

“Dad look, she needs her son to calm her down. She can’t even control herself,” Copper Shell quipped.

“Enough Copper. Let’s go wait for your mom,” Polished Pebble ordered, and the two stepped out of line and walked away.

We all turned around and saw a huge gap between us and two identical red maned stallions. I turned my head to look at our mothers as we walked forward to fill the gap. Then I ran into one of red-maned stallions.

“I’m so sorry!” I exclaimed.

“It’s fine mate, right Gallop?” One asked the other after they turned around.

“That’s correct Farrier. We don’t mind, after all, you seemed quite distracted by that fight,” The other replied, more to me.

“And our sister Whinny does it too,” Farrier said.

I noticed they had an accent, so they must not be from Ponyville. The two stallions turned and walked forward. Our group was almost to the front of the line. After a couple minutes we reached the front, and Mother paid for us to get in. The large black stage curtain was closed and a microphone sat on a stand in the middle of the stage. We took our seats in the second row, and waited for the show to start.

Mrs. Cheerilee walked out onto the stage and over to the microphone.

“Hello fillies and gentlecolts, and welcome to the annual singing competition! We have so many foals performing tonight, so let’s get going!” she announced.

The crowd clapped as she walked off stage and the spotlight turned off. The curtain pulled open and three colts were on stage. One was behind some drums, another was playing guitar, and the third was on base. They broke out into a rock song, and no one could hear what they were singing. After the song ended, my ears were ringing.

“That was so loud!” Platinum exclaimed.

I nodded my head in agreement as the next group came out. I hoped that the CMC 2.0 would come on soon.

The contest went on and soon there were only two groups left, the CMC and a group of four fillies and a colt. The 5 foals came out, they had a country song about playing in a meadow.

Finally, the CMC came out. Controller was to the left, sitting behind a keyboard, and Hurricane and Jazzy were near the middle with their mics.

“Your never gonna bring us down, never gonna break this part of us, we’re gonna sing it out, cuz we are friends who work together yeah!” they all sang together.

The tune was very catchy, but they stopped singing and Controller began a music solo. It switched from the first tune to a different one. Then they began a remake of their parents theme song, and Jazzy was the lead. Platinum looked shocked when he heard her sing. We had never heard her sing, and she was really good at it!

They finished that and the music once again changed, but faster this time.

“Woah, oh! We got the music in us! Woah-” they cut off into screams as a set of lights fell right next to Hurricane. The crowd was in silent panic, and I was horrified on the inside. The other lights, smoke machines, and finally, the roof began to fall. The crowd erupted into screams of terror as the dust and began to settle, and the CMC were nowhere to be found. Platinum and I looked at eachother, and his eyes were full of tears.

Then, somewhere in the rubble, a faint beat. It was just barely there, yet, the crowd began to quiet down, and it kept growing louder.
The rubble blew off the stage in a burst of magic! Controller Note had protected the other CMC with a magic bubble, and they had brushed off what happened a bit too quickly… but they continued with a song.

“Gonna break out!” Jazzy sang, with the others echoing “out!”, and they all sang “Set ourselves free, yeah!”
“Let it all go!” was the next line, the same way as the first line.
“Just let it be yeah, find the magic in our hearts, let the magic start to set ourselves apart!” they all sang as an ending, before shouting “CUTIE MARKS!”

The crowd went wild as the ponies bowed. I cheered as loud as I could, and my family and Platinum’s joined in! They left the stage, or what was left of it, and Mrs.Cheerilee came on.

“That was a very dramatic and… unplanned ending to this competition, but it is time to announce the winners! In third place we have The Colts of Fire with their song, Rockin’ on a Roll!”

The crowd cheered as the three colts from the first song came out and got their medals. The walked to the back of the stage as Mrs. Cheerilee started talking again.

“In second place we have the Flower Fillies with their song Dancing like a Dandelion!”

Four fillies with flower headbands on walked onto the stage and got silver medals.

“And in first place…. The Cutie Mark Crusaders 2.0 with their song mashup!”

The crowd went wild as the CMC walked out and got their gold medals! It was a great ending to a terrifying time!

Author's Note:

Wow! I was not expecting to be gone that long! I’ve been really busy with summer activities and Stardust has been dealing with a writers’ block. But we managed to give you guys a new chapter. :derpytongue2: See if you can spot the reference to my other story!:raritywink: