• Published 10th Nov 2017
  • 503 Views, 10 Comments

Falling - Maddie Koester



When two foals meet, they become instant best but when they learn who each other's mothers are, everything goes downhill. With both having different dreams and parents that hate each other, will the friendship last?

  • ...
1
 10
 503

Worse

The bullying at school continued throughout September and into October. On Nightmare Night they made fun of my costume, I was an artist. They said it was lame and boring, but their costumes were very common and not that creative. They also started to be joined by two other foals in my class, Purity and Golden Trail. The bullying got so bad that they would steal my book on the playground and or steal my homework and write their name on it. They would call me names too, "Big ears", "Dumbo", "Dull Feather", "Blank Flank"; I didn't really understand "Blank Flank", they didn't have cutie marks either. I didn't know what to do... I was so scared! Every time I thought about telling an adult I remembered what Copper Shell said that very first day, "This stays between us, and don't think other wise or there will be problems. Understand, Dumbo?" This made me think about of all the worst scenarios: getting expelled, the adult thinking I was lying, etc. I just sat and let it happen.

Eventually it was two weeks until winter break. Hearth's Warming is my favorite holiday! I woke up for school one morning and slipped on my light blue sweater that Mother gave me last year, then I got ready for school. The morning at school started off great in my opinion, but then during recess they came. Copper Shell was in front, Purity and Honey Hoof were behind here. Then in the back was Golden Trail, and Honeycomb.

"Hey Dull Feather," Copper Shell called; they called me that because they thought I didn't shine. I didn't respond.

"I heard you got a "D" on yesterday's homework; maybe you should go back to kindergarten. You are a baby after all!" she continued.
The others laughed along with her, except Honeycomb. She never laughed unless the others weren't watching her. A few foals looked my way, then look away again. Everypony was afraid of them.

"Wow, I didn't think you could get any uglier, but that sweater makes you much worse than normal," Copper mused.

"You should through it away as soon as possible," Purity snickered. I was on the verge of tears, when a voice I didn't recognize broke through their laughter like a an iron hoof.

"I think she looks great," the voice said. We all looked to see who spoke... TO BE CONTINUED...

Author's Note:

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving everyone!! I just wanted to say how thankful I am for the views, likes, and comments Falling as received! :rainbowkiss: You guys earned this chapter... but it ends in a cliffhanger!!! Mwahahahahaha!!! :pinkiecrazy: Enjoy! :raritywink: