• Published 31st Jul 2017
  • 558 Views, 10 Comments

In the Pale Moonlight - ScottTrek



In the frozen north of the world the lost realm of Equestria sits, bathed in the pale moonlight of its eternal moon. But on this day a lone figure has trudged across the border. Perhaps the long night is coming to its end.

  • ...
0
 10
 558

Epilogue

Seven battered and bruise figures stumbled out the Nightmares castle, the ancient edifice already starting to crumble.


Around them snow began to drift in on the wind as the time bubble that had held the land as it had once been so long ago began to dissipate.


The snow did not truly lie where it fell however. For rising up over the western mountains, for the first time in any of their kinds histories, the sun began to rise.


Its brilliant light was clear and crisp, no longer a burning maw that burned the lands, and as the light struck the flurries of snow its split into a thousand tiny rainbows.


It was the most wondrous thing they had ever seen.


So caught up in the moment and blinded by shimmering air, they did not see the tiny figure crawling from a snowdrift until they were right on top of it.


She looked up at them, peering cautiously up through her long pink mane and the white wings still huddled protectively in front of her face.


Ember pushed aside the exhaustion forcing herself to smile at this new alicorn reassuringly.


The filly frowned in guileless confusion. "Where's Luna?"

Comments ( 9 )

I really like this story! The only problem is some spelling issues and a bit of confusing parts. Otherwise, nice job! :twilightsmile:

I like this story, but as 8336124 said, to be honest, there are quite a few parts I don't understand. Like Ember for example, you really could have elaborated more on where the character came from, and honestly, gave us more of a description.

8336344
The whole thing is kinda meant to be ambigious.

A lot of this is meant to be filtered through NMM's warped perceptions

Before I read this, what is the Dark tag for ?
And how bad does it get ?

8337184
Not very.

Its more some implied stuff rather than anything explicit.

This is a nearly dead world world after all

This whole thing feels Darksouls-escks(however you spell that)
Warped times Forgotten kingdoms dying gods and a story vague and mysterious that if you don't pay attention you'd hardly think there is one.
You did a rare thing of not having my attention in the first chapter, then having nothing but my attiention by the end.
So what item descriptions do i need to look up to learn the lore of this one?

8342542
Glad you liked. :)

The items you need are:

Sorrows Edge
Crown of the Forgotten Queen.
The Rusted Kings Vengeance

8343197
Those are the items with shit drop rate but you need them to complete the game shit.....m

Login or register to comment