• Published 4th Dec 2011
  • 730 Views, 4 Comments

Tales of Flutterbreeze: A Mission in Ponyville - Flutterbreeze



Flutterbreeze, mailpony/secret agent has been assigned on a mission to Ponyville, trying not to blow his cover.

  • ...
 4
 730

Surprise!

After all the mail from Fillydelphia had been delivered, and he retrieved his new uniform, Flutterbreeze returned to the Ponyville post office. There waiting for him was another pile of mail, including a letter for himself, just what he was afraid of. ‘Oh no, not another plot against the princess...’

Just then he got a message on the communicator, it was from Agent Applebloom.

The mission has been completed sucessfully, but it is imperative that you return to the library at once.

He packed up the mail and flew over to the library as quick as he could. Opening the door, it was pitch black inside... and silent as the grave. ‘I’ve got a bad feeling about this...’

Suddenly the lights turned on. “SURPRISE!!!”

His jaw dropped at the scene inside. The room was filled with ponies, decorations were hung all over, there was music playing, food could be seen at tables. In front of the group were the ponies he had already met, and the young, sleepy dragon.

The very pink pony bounced up and down. “Surprise! Its a party! Were you surprised? You look surprised. I know I was. Oh wait, no I wasn’t, cause I planned it cause earlier when you said cake and I thought there was cake and you said there wasn’t it made me sad and then I thought *gasp* you are new here and don’t know anypony here so we should have a party and then there would be cake and so we planned the party and now there is cake and so I knew about the party and so it wasn’t a surprise to me-”

“I think what Pinky Pie is trying to say,” interrupted Twilight, “Is that we all thought it a good idea to throw a party to welcome you to Ponyville and thank you for what you’ve done.”

“Like saving my little sis from the cockatrice.” Applejack said.

“I KNEW IT!” Twilight yelled. “Um, I mean I knew you were a little too curious.”

“And you got the swamp thing out of my boutique, while at the same time opening up a line of business to the swamp monsters.” added Rarity.

“Yeah, it was totally awesome how you defeated it! Flying in there and dive bombing it from the sky!” Rainbow Dash made had gestures while she talked. “Then bam! Right in the gut!”
She made a punching motion in the air.

“And you returned my bunny to me.” Fluttershy quietly added.

By this time Flutterbreeze was melting with embarrasment. “Well, I’m just in the right place at the right time I guess...”

“Oh, but there’s got to be more than that. Mailponies don’t just go around doing stuff like this everyday.” Twilight said.

“Yeah its like you’re some kind of super secret agent!” Rainbow dash put on a pair of sunglasses as she said this.

Flutterbreeze chuckled, “Ha ha ha, that’s a laugh!” Pinkie Pie joined him in laughing for a bit.

“Anyways, we were hoping you could stick around for a little bit and enjoy a party.” said Twilight. “So, what do you say?”

“What do I say? What do I say?” said Flutterbreeze “I SAY, LETS DANCE!!!”

And so all the ponies, plus one dragon, enjoyed a night full of joyful merriment, which included dancing, pin the tail on the pony, punch, and of course, cake.

“Time to write a letter to the princess!” said Twilight.

“If you’d like to, I can deliver it. You see, I’m headed off to Canterlot right away.” offered Flutterbreeze, patting his full mailbag.

The ponies looked a little disappointed. Rarity was a little envious.

“But hopefully I can come back again sometime soon!” This gave them hope.

After the letter had been written and sealed, they said their farewells before Flutterbreeze flew off into the night. ‘Well, that wasn’t such a bad adventure after all!’

Comments ( 3 )

Is that a flying bus with fish attached to the sides

Alright, as much as I enjoy the playful ribbing about my drawings, I hope someone could have something to say about the story itself. Oh well, at least people are reading this (average of 3 chapter views per person, not too bad.) :derpytongue2:

Anyways, there are some things I would like to say. Firstly, this story was not planned out at all, I honestly just started typing it out one day, publishing the parts as I went.
My reason for writing this was for my own enjoyment, but if other people like this, that is great. Criticism is always appreciated. I dare you to say something that makes me upset, for you can never break my self-esteem! :eeyup:
I will continue writing even if nobody reads this. Currently trying to think of major plot points for the next story (Yes, I'm actually putting some planning into it.) Particularly I am needing a villain.
If anyone can make a better picture for this story, I would gladly use it as a replacement for my own. *Throws gauntlet down*
Well, if you are reading this far down, thanks for your insanity. :pinkiecrazy:

Also I forgot to mention, this could technically be considered a self-insert (or an autobiographical tale told in the third person by a pony) so bash me if you wish. Flutterbreeze is by no means a perfect pony, and hopefully I can show this as I continue writing. Basically for this story, I just wrote what I thought would be either logical or comedic based on the characters and let the madness happen. :pinkiehappy:

Again, any questions :rainbowhuh:, comments :unsuresweetie: , insults :trixieshiftright:, or (Celestia-fobid) requests :trollestia:: are not only appreciated, but encouraged.

Login or register to comment