• Published 18th Jul 2017
  • 551 Views, 6 Comments

Butterfly Effect - stageheart

  • ...
 6
 551

Sombra Timeline: Fluttershy.

Fluttershy





The young filly tried over and over again to befriend the animals, but it was to know avail. Ever since she had landed on the ground a few weeks ago all they did was run away from her. She walked slowly through the city of fillydelphia completely defeated and heartbroken. She knew something like this was too good to be true. A gruff old stallion with a sweaty wet beard stopped her.

“Hey filly, what's eatin ya.” the pony said.

“Nothing” She looked down. “I just.....Its nothing.”

The stallion looked at her questionly. “you're not from here are you?”

“No.I am not.”

“Well,...” he looked around. “do you have anywhere to stay tonight?”

“No” the filly whispered. “I am.....not a strong enough flyer yet to fly back up to cloudsdale” She looked at her weak wings.

“Do you have anyone you know that you want me to call?”

“No ...its fine.” The filly backed away. “I like the ground.”

The stallion sighed. “Look, I have an empty room. You are welcome to stay for as late as you want.”

--------------------------------------------------------

The filly started to walk down the stairs of the stallions house. She had been staying with him for a few days. His name was Sheepherder, she had found out. He was nice enough, and even fed her. He did not say much though. He was always working. Fluttershy walked into the barn where he always worked, and was surprised and scared to see many sheep in there. “Animals? Oh no...” She backed away.

“Hello you.” Said the man. “These are my sheep.”

Fluttershy backed away. “Oh well that's very nice. Um I was just well....I see that your busy so I will just umm.”

“Fluttershy would you like to help me shear these sheep?” Sheepherder said.

“Well you see,...The thing is. I am just not sure.” The fill baked away.

Calm on. The stallion guided the young foal to the sheep and let her touch it. “I just need you to hold it down for a minute while I shave it.” The sheep was antsy. Fluttershy was very nervous about touching it. When she did something surprised her though. The sheep immediately calmed down and stopped swarming. It was weird. I was like her touch had super powers. As soon as Sheepherder shaved the sheep he looked at fluttershy. He had a surprise on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Asked fluttershy then he looked at her flank. She had a cutie mark. It was the shape of a sheep. She was not sure what to make of it.

“Fluttershy?” Sheepherder said. “Would you like to work for me?”

Fluttershy did not know what to say. She really really wanted to be able to tend to animals, and not enslave them. She really really wanted to see them run free, but what other option did she have? She swallowed before whispering “Sure.”

-----------------------------------------------------------
“Fluttershy?” The rainbow filly opened the barn door. She saw her friend surrounded by sheep. Her mane full of wool. “Fluttershy!! I have been looking all over for you for days. What happened? After the race it was like you disappeared.” Rainbow gave her friend a big hug. “I was so
worried.”

Fluttershy just looked at Rainbow’s flank. “You have your cutie mark.” She said very nonchalantly.

Rainbow smiled. “Yeah...I will tell you all about it when we travel back to cloudsdale, but let's get out of here that sheepherder dude looks PRETTY creepy.”

“Rainbow Dash i am not going back to cloudsdale.” She showed her friend her flank with the sheep. “I have decided to stay here. It is my destiny.”

Rainbow Dash looked hurt. “What? But flutters.....”

“I am sorry rainbow but this is the way things have to be.”

Rainbow looked down. “Is this really what you want?”

The filly lied. “It is. I promise I would not want to be anywhere else.

Rainbow started to cry. “Well......goodbye then. I....will miss you.

“Ill miss you to.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Fluttershy I have great news.” Years had past and Fluttershy had fully grown into a full grown mare. “Sweet Apple Industry's wants a partnership with us. The BIGGEST industry in equestria wants to partner with US. We will make tons of money off of that. Is’nt that exciting?”

“Yes it is.” Fluttershy tried to sound excited but she really was not.She gazed out at the sky. In the best places of equestria the sky was orange. Dirty orange. In the worst there was nothing but smoke. She lived in the orange area. It was such a wide difference from the blue sky she came to fall in love with all those years ago.

Sweet Apple Industries. Fluttershy knew that name far too well. It was that company that was more responsible than any other of polluting equestria. It started out as a small company in ponyville, but expanded greatly becoming the most successful business in equestria. There are now factories all over equestria, but the largest is somewhere in the plains. It is rumored that working there is miserable. The employs are treated horribly with unreasonably long hours and awful wages. The owner....Applejack.... Fluttershy thought her name was, was known to be bitter, standoffish, and rude. She pushed her own family to the state of exhaughton. There was even a rumor that she once, literally worked an employee to death. Fluttershy did not want to work for someone like her. But what choice did she have, except to keep sheering those sheep.

“Oh and fluttershy?”

“Yes” The mare looked at her boss.

“They want us to help by donating our woal to make uniforms for the war.”

The events of “The Cutie remark” Happen within a few months after this.

Comments ( 2 )

This story has potential. However, you need to work on the spellings and punctuation quite a bit.

Login or register to comment