• Published 28th Feb 2017
  • 958 Views, 7 Comments

Daughter of War - SammyRosePony



Rainbow Dash gives up her only child due to the war Sombra has caused

  • ...
4
 7
 958

Aura Mist

Aura Mist

~7 Months Later~

Soarin paced back and forth. Beads of sweat fell down his face. His heart seemed to beat faster than the speed of light. He would flap his wings every so often to let out some of the sweat that would form from under them. He’s been through many battles, but he has never been this nervous.

“Calm down Soar,” Spitfire told him.

“Calm? How can I stay calm? My wife is in there having our foal!”

Soarin sat in front of the door to the room where Rainbow was. Soarin was told to stay out of the room since he couldn’t stay calm. He put his ear against the door. He couldn’t hear a sound.

“Is there anything else that is bothering you?” Fleetfoot asked.

“I guess I’m just really nervous about this baby,” Soarin explained. “We aren’t in the safest place to raise a child, and there’s almost no way to get back home at the moment. I think the biggest thing I’m the most nervous about is that I don’t know how I’m going to be as a father. Even Rainbow has been questioning her ability to be a mother. I guess we’re just not prepared for this. We aren’t really prepared for parenthood.”

“Soarin look at me,” Spitfire said. “I know you and Dash have your fears about this foal, but you can’t give up. I’m pretty sure every parent goes through something like this. All you can do is try your best. Additionally, you’re forgetting one important thing.”

“What is that?”

“You’re forgetting that we’re all here for you. We’ll help you and Dash. That’s a promise.”

“Thank you Spitfire,” Soarin said with a sigh. “That made me feel a little better. It’s good to know all of your have Rainbow’s and my back.”

“Soarin,” the doctor called. “You can come in now.”

Soarin looked back at Spitfire, Fleetfoot, and the other soldiers who accompanied him. They all smiled at him. It made Soarin realize that even during this hard time, they would always be there for each other. He took a deep breath before he entered the room.

Rainbow sat upright in the bed with many pillows propping her up. Her mane was a mess, and she had bags under her eyes due to exhaustion. Despite how she looked, she had a smile on her face. Along with her small, warm smile, she had tears of joy in her eyes. In her hooves, she held a small bundle sleeping peacefully.

“Isn’t she beautiful?” Rainbow asked as Soarin walked closer.

“She? You mean it’s a filly?” Soarin asked happily.

Rainbow nodded. “You know,” she started. “My personality may have given the impression that I wanted the foal to be a colt, but I actually had a feeling the entire time that it was a filly.” Rainbow kissed her little filly’s forehead. “You want to hold her?”

“What if I hurt her?”

“You won’t. I promise,” Rainbow said reassuring him before placing the little filly in his hooves.

The filly was light blue. Her coat was ever so slightly darker than Rainbow's, but it was hardly even noticeable. Her mane was dark blue like Soarin’s with light green, light blue, and light purple streaks. Of course, like her parents, the foal was a pegasus. She then opened her eyes for the first time. She was now awake. Soarin and Rainbow’s hearts melted.

“She has your eyes,” Soarin told Rainbow. The foal, indeed, did have Rainbow’s magenta eyes.

“She needs a name you know,” Rainbow told him.

“I know. Why don’t we start thinking of names for the little filly.” The couple thought to themselves. “What about Skylar?”

“Eh,” Rainbow said. “It’s kind of bland. What about Rainboom?”

“No offense, but I feel that name would more fit a colt. I mean, it could work for a filly, but it would fit only if she had a personality like yours. What if she’s not like that?”

“I guess you have a point,” Rainbow said.

The couple thought even more. Suddenly, a small smile ran across his face. “What about….Aura Mist?”

“Aura Mist?” Rainbow thought to herself. “Aura Mist? I think I like it.” Rainbow gasped at another thought. “We can call her Misty for short!”

“Aura Mist it is,” Soarin said. “Our little Misty.”

Soarin rocked his daughter in his hooves. Tears began falling from his eyes. Rainbow rested her head on Soarin’s shoulder. The both of them felt complete with Aura Mist now in their lives. All of their worries about being parents and the future of their foal disappeared.

Spitfire and the other soldiers watched from outside the room. They crowded and watched the newly formed family. Some had tears in their eyes. Some could already imagine what kind of shenanigans the little filly would get herself into.

Aura Mist’s arrival may have been a surprise and may have not been the best time for her arrival, but she was no doubt already loved by many.

~1 Month Later~

Life for, not just Rainbow and Soarin, but for all of the soldiers has changed. Aura Mist brought a new happiness to everypony. Her happiness was unlike no other. Sure she caused Rainbow and Soarin some trouble, but she definitely brought joy to their lives.

Two soldiers stood in the halls of the base. “It’s been awhile since Sombra’s army last attacked,” one of them said. “What if it really is the end?”

“I hope so. I can’t wait for the day where I can finally reunite with my family.”

Suddenly, they heard a tiny giggle.

“Speaking of family,” one started. “I think I hear a tiny voice.”

The two soldiers walked around with smiles on their faces. “Come out, come out, wherever you are.”

“Come on little Misty. We’re gonna find you.”

The little blue foal ran out. The two soldiers watched the little-diapered filly giggled as she ran around the soldiers.

“Gotcha,” one of them said as he grabbed Misty. Misty laughed with excitement.

“Sorry about that Silver Sword,” Rainbow said as she approached the soldiers. “Little Misty here won’t settle down and take her nap.”

“It’s fine. No harm was done,” he said giving the filly to her mother.

Rainbow nodded and flew off with her daughter.

“Little one got out again,” Soarin asked.

“Yep.”

After Aura Mist was born, a separate bunker was made just for Soarin and Rainbow where they could raise their small daughter. They lived a pretty normal, happy life. Well, as normal as it could be while living in a time of war.

Rainbow rested Misty in her crib. Misty became restless. “Come on Misty, it’s time for your nap.”

“Why don’t you sing her a lullaby,” Soarin suggested.

“Well, there is one my old friend Fluttershy grew up with.”

Rainbow sang the lullaby to Misty. She fell asleep almost instantly. Memories of before the war came into Rainbow’s mind. She remembered when her and her childhood friend, Fluttershy, would play with each other in Cloudsdale. They lived in Ponyville together and made many friends.

Suddenly, a loud explosion roared through the bunkers. Misty woke up and began to cry.

“What was that?!” Rainbow asked in a panic with Misty in her hooves.

“Stay here with Misty,” Soarin said sternly. “Don’t go anywhere.”

“Where are you going?”

“I’ll be right back.”

Soarin ran out of the bunker. Rainbow stayed back trying to calm down Misty.

“It’s alright Misty. My little Aura Mist, everything will be alright,” Rainbow said as she held the little filly close.

Soarin ran back to their bunker. “Sombra’s army has attacked. Spitfire has ordered for me to stay back here with you.”

The couple stayed put in their bunker with their daughter. They stayed close for each other. Explosions and screams could be heard. Both of them hated not being able to help, but they knew they had to stay put.

It felt like an eternity before the two got the okay from Spitfire that it was safe.

“That was the first attack we’ve had in a long time,” Spitfire explained. “We’ve been told that Sombra is just outside our borders getting ready for another.”

“What does that mean for us,” Soarin asked with his wife under his wing who held their daughter closely.

“We need all of our soldiers ready,” Spitfire said. She had a solemn look on her face. “Unfortunately, that means this place isn’t safe for Aura Mist.”

“What?” Rainbow asked.

“I’m sorry, but she can’t stay here. I know you love her. I do too, but this place has become completely unsafe for her. As parents, you two should probably start thinking what’s best for her. I do hate doing this to you guys, but it’s for the best.”

The couple went back to their bunker. Rainbow didn’t speak. She held on to her little girl. She didn’t want to give her up. Rainbow wanted to be there for her daughter. Unfortunately, that can’t be anymore.

“Don’t worry Rainbow, she’ll be fine,” Soarin said trying to comfort his wife. “I’ve talked to Spitfire, and she found a way to get us back home to find Misty a new family.”

“Soarin, I can’t do this,” Rainbow replied. “I just can’t. I don’t want to be separated from her. I know Spitfire wants us to be here, but I don’t want to send Aura Mist away.”

“You heard Spitfire, we really have no choice. Plus, we already knew this probably wouldn’t last long with her being here.”

“I know, I know. I just never thought it would be this hard. If she has to go somewhere, I want her to go to the best family out there.”

“You know what?” Soarin asked. “We’ll speak with Scarlett.” Scarlett was one of the navigators. “I bet she can help us find a good family for Misty.”

The two of them went to speak with the unicorn navigator. Scarlett can practically find anything with her magic.

“You want me to find one of the best families out there?” Scarlett asked.

“Yes, please.” Soarin replied.

Scarlett began using her magic to find ponies eligible. “I think I found a family. They live in Manehattan.”

“Manehattan?” Rainbow asked. “Are we sure. Manehattan is a huge city.”

“Yep, I’m sure. The couple I have found already have a daughter who seems to be roughly two, so Misty would have an older sister. From what my magic is telling me, this family is one of the best ones out there.”

Rainbow and Soarin looked at each other with somber looks. Neither of them wanted to do this, but it had to be done. They didn’t want their daughter to live in this world of terror and destruction. They wanted Aura Mist to live in the safest environment possible during this hard time.

“Okay,” Rainbow started. “Get a map up so we can take her there as soon as possible.”

Author's Note:

Here's the newest chapter of this story! Hope you liked it!

If you follow my story The Next Generation of Harmony, you probably noticed I haven't added a chapter in awhile. Don't worry, I promise a chapter will come out eventually. The reason I don't have a chapter out is because I am having major writers block with it. With this story, the ideas are already there while for the other, my mind is somewhere else. The motivation to write it is there just not the ideas. Just wanted to update that for those of you who were wondering.

Comments ( 4 )

Well, I can't wait for the next chapter now.

Awesome chapter can't wait for the next one

Will this ever be continued?

update!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fluttershysad:😀

Login or register to comment