• Published 9th Feb 2017
  • 288 Views, 4 Comments

The Nightime Apprentice - Silver Inkwell



Who was an apprentice of Star Swirl the bearded? Simple, another wizard, and this is his very brief story.

  • ...
 4
 288

The Nighttime Apprentice

The Nighttime Apprentice

Stardust Shine was very anxious and nervous when he met the great and powerful wizard Star Swirl for the first time, but his fears were very quickly dispersed when he had gotten to know the wizard, after all, he could be quite funny if he wanted to be, and also serious, strange, mysterious, highly odd and unusual, and very curious too as well since he was always asking questions.

But the questions where mainly to test him since Star Swirl already seemed to know everything, but he didn’t because as he would very frequently joke, “I don’t know everything just like any wizard or pony, I just pretend like I do.”

And every time that he made that joke it was true, and he also couldn’t help but to laugh at it just a bit, because it also never seemed to get old now either.

And neither did Star Swirl for that matter since he was immortal.

And Stardust begged him for the secret, but he never told it, until one day, when he was finally ready because he learned what he needed to know and was willing to sacrifice something else that was equally important to life, his eventual death.

And so he became immortal too, or, at the very least, had his life extended since Star Swirl had not died, yet. But even Star Swirl didn’t know the lasting effects of his spell and potion even though he knew the rest for his other various random ones.

Eventually, Stardust left Star Swirl to study on his own and eventually he even earned a name and reputation for himself as a great and powerful wizard too.

Life was mostly always good to him, but he decided to make it great instead.

He made sure to always chase his dreams and be happy by helping others, just like Star Swirl used to do before the tragedy of his wife happened to him.

He had become cold, cruel, and angry at other ponies no matter who they were, yet he still had tried to never let that control him no matter what happened.

Of course, Stardust didn’t have anything that tragic happen to him really since he wasn’t that into other various random mares, and he also didn’t know if he was ready for any kind of relationship yet, he preferred to be and work alone.

But no matter what happened he knew that he would be very close to his former teacher and mentor, and hopefully a friend if he would allow it to be so.

Yet Star Swirl had no wish or desire to be friends with him or any pony anymore.

He would rather prefer to be and work alone and sulk in his misery and pain letting the despair and sorrow wash over him. And no matter what he or any pony else tried he would not listen to any logic or reason whatsoever at all now then because he was far too deep within his stages of grief now.

Yet someday eventually he would come to reason, but that was not then.

Eventually, Stardust did find out and discover his destiny and got his cutie mark, his special talent was to help other ponies out, but to be more specific in dreams just like Luna did. So he was now sort of like second in command to her since sometimes she would visit him and he would do that likewise to her sometimes.

But he also just didn’t help ponies out in dreams, but also with getting to sleep, and many ponies would later say that he was the kindest, most generous, nicest, bravest, and most loyal wizard or pony that they had ever seen before in their whole entire life and he received flowing compliments from every pony.

Because he seemed so relaxed and calm every pony came to him asking for answers and pieces of wisdom, and he tried his best for all of them.

Yet as he would sometimes also joke he didn’t have the answers for everything, he just pretended that he did. Yet he did more than just help other ponies physically, but also mentally by inspiring them. He gave them very kind nice generous words and always seemed to know what to say. And when they left they would always thank him and then leave him all alone to think by himself now.

Yet he was not perfect, he had flaws, he just decided not to reveal them and hid them very well since he made it his constant goal to have the best personality, actions, and words, and nothing in the whole entire world could change that.

Because of his work and reputation and name, he eventually came to be known as not only a nighttime apprentice but also a nighttime wizard too as well.

His sole hours of work were primarily nighttime, but he also could and would work in the day if needed or required, and he also did like both day and night equally. In fact, he couldn’t easily decide any top favorites for anything at all.

Yet as the years went on he wanted more and grew lonely as all do with the gift and curse of immortality, but he still had to press on for the other ponies.

He never did stop helping other ponies despite what he felt deep down inside, he learned to cope with it and push it aside as with all of his problems now then.

But eventually his activities grew less and he just wanted some time alone to think, and he felt like he still was missing something and wanted more too.

He didn’t know what he wanted exactly, but he did know that he was very lonely, perhaps maybe some company was overdue since he had started talking to the pictures on the walls. Yet he knew that any relationship that he got into would have to be serious and long lasting, yet he was still not ready to open his heart up to any pony else, and so he sighed as he lived with his new curse, being alone forever unable to ever love unless he was certain that it would work...

Author's Note:

I hope that you liked, loved, and enjoyed this (very) short story!!!

Please make sure to comment down below!!!

Comments ( 4 )

I liked it, and it goes well with Chapter 48. But, sadly, it's time to gripe with attitude: commas are useful.

7936098
I mean that there are quite a few places where commas are needed. :twilightsheepish:

7936120
*Deep Dark Batman Voice*
WHERE ARE THEY?!!!
TELL ME!!!

Login or register to comment