• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 971 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Twin Brother: Return of Nightmare Moon - Jninja15



An alternate universe where Twilight and the rest of the main six have younger, nearly identical, twin brothers. All of whom are preparing for the Summer Sun celebration before Nightmare Moon oh-so-rudely interrupts.

  • ...
2
 2
 971

Hangover

Dusk woke up feeling dazed and

“So this is what a hangover feels like, huh?” he said to himself. “Never thought that I’d get drunk.” he shook his head, fighting back his headache and feeling of fatigue. “I’m never doing that again.”

He blinked his eyes as blobs of color slowly formed more solid shapes, eventually, he realized that he was in the upstairs bedroom of the Golden Oaks Library.

Dusk trotted downstairs and found his sister reading a book. When he got near the bottom of the staircase, Twilight turned her attention to face him.

“Good afternoon Dusk.” she said.

“Afternoon?” he inquired. “How long was I out?”

“About four years.” she said nonchalantly.

“FOUR YEARS?! What happened?”

“Well, my friends and I defeated Nightmare Moon and saved Equestria a couple more times since then and now I’m an alicorn.” she said as she spread her purple wings.

“AN ALICORN?!”

And that’s the moment when Dusk jumped up from the bed, screaming like a skydiving hamster who's parachute won't open.

A non-alicorn Twilight burst into the room and looked around in a panic, she relaxed a little when she saw Dusk lying awake in bed. “Dusk, you’re awake! What’s wrong?”

Dusk was hyperventilating for a moment before he got himself under control and made sure that he wasn’t in another dream. “Nothing, Twilight. Just a nightmare.” He flinched as a sharp pain rang through his head.

“Having a hangover, aren’t we?” Twilight said dryly as she raised an eyebrow.

Dusk massaged one of his temples with his hoof and chuckled. “How could you tell?”

“During the Summer Sun Celebration I noticed that you were missing, Applejack noticed this too and the fact that her brother was missing from the celebration as well, and she came to the conclusion that he must’ve gotten you drunk with the rest of his friends. Turns out her conclusion was correct.”

Dusk shrugged and gave a small smile as he rubbed the back of his head. “So, what’d I miss?”

“The return of Nightmare Moon.” she said casually, passively rubbing in the fact that he passed over an opportunity to be in on being part of making the claim.

“What?”


They moved to sit at a table, the morning sun seeping through the windows, drinking tea, while Twilight told Dusk about her adventure of defeating Nightmare Moon, finding Princess Luna, and how she made new friends along the way. Both of them laughing at the coincidence that both of their groups of friends had a twin in the others'.

“So, I take it you’re staying here?” Dusk said.

“By order of Princess Celestia,” she said proudly. “I get to continue my studies AND hang out with my new friends at the same time. How great is that?”

Dusk chuckled and gave a light smile, “That is great.”

Twilight took a sip of her tea. “So, Dusk, are you heading back home to Canterlot? I mean, you're not a student of Celestia, so you don't have to go back, and she hasn't given you an order to stay, so you don't have to stay.”

“Well,” he said, staring into his cup of tea. “I think I'm going back. Continue my independent studies.”

Twilight just smiled as she set her cup down. “Well, I'm going to miss you.”

“I'll miss you too, Twilight.” Dusk got up and gave his sister a hug. She returned the hug.

“Come and visit me sometime.”

“I will, but only if mom and dad drag me here.”

She rolled her eyes, and they released each other from their hug, and Dusk headed back to Canterlot.


When Dusk arrived back in Canterlot he immediately headed for his room in his parents’ house, he was extremely tired after that flight in the chariot. But halfway to his bedroom door, there was a knock at the front door. Dusk sighed.

“I’ll get it!” he said as he turned around and proceeded to open the door, and to his surprise, it was Bubble Berry who was at the door.

“Berry? What are you doing here?”

“Dude! You gotta come back to Ponyville with me!” Berry said, nearly screaming as he grasped Dusk’s shoulders.

“Why?” Dusk said, genuinely confused.

“I just found out about something incredible!” he said as he shook Dusk a little.

“What?” Dusk inquired, half interested, half too tired to care.

Berry let go of Dusk and looked around to room to make sure that there wasn’t anypony around to hear what he had to say next.

“I think we’re superheroes!” he said in a hushed tone failing to suppress the obvious tone of excitement in his voice.

Dusk tilted his head to the side and gave an incredulous look.

In the end, all he could say was: “Excuse me?”

Author's Note:

And here ends the retelling of episode one. I hope you all enjoy this. The end. If you have any criticisms do tell me, I'd love to hear it.
Um... dude... what about that bit about them being super heroes?
What? Oh, that? That will be in the sequel. When I first thought of how to end this, I knew I was going to make the boys drunk throughout the whole ordeal with Nightmare Moon, but then I just HAD to keep thinking about things and expand the story some more (hopefully not padding it out), so now they're super heroes whose origin story is that they were drunk... This will be expanded in the sequel let's be patient.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment