• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 971 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Twin Brother: Return of Nightmare Moon - Jninja15



An alternate universe where Twilight and the rest of the main six have younger, nearly identical, twin brothers. All of whom are preparing for the Summer Sun celebration before Nightmare Moon oh-so-rudely interrupts.

  • ...
2
 2
 971

Chapter 2: Sweet Apple Acres

Dusk turned himself around and was now cooperating with Spike, walking alongside Twilight.

He sighed, “Alright. Where are we going to next?”

“Sweet Apple Acres.” Spike responded in an uplifting voice.

They all stood at the gate of Sweet Apple Acres.

“Yeehaw!” yelled a voice. All three turned their attention to see where the voice was coming from and saw an orange mare with a yellow mane and tail, wearing a cowboy hat running at near full sprint towards an apple tree surrounded by empty baskets. She suddenly stopped at the base of the tree, turned around and kicked the tree with her hind legs, knocking every apple out of the tree, all of them piling neatly into each of the baskets. She did a sort of curtsy as she showed off her recent accomplishment.

Twilight sighed. “Let’s get this over with.” She dragged herself up to the orange mare, Spike and Dusk following closely. “Good afternoon. My name is Twilight Sparkle-” she was interrupted when the other mare grabbed one of Twilight’s hooves and shook it vigorously with both front of her front hooves.

“Well, howdy-do there Twilight Sparkle. Pleasure to meet ya. Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres. We here like meetin’ new folks and makin’ new friends.” she stopped shaking Twilight’s hoof, leaving it to continue flailing in the air, and turned to Dusk, extending a hoof out to him.

“Ok then. Might as well.” Dusk thought to himself as he took the mare’s hoof and kissed the back of it, the orange mare blushed intensely.

“My name is Dusk Shine, my sister and I are here by order of-” *SMASH!*

A full bucket of apples was suddenly placed onto Dusk’s head with great force, rendering him unconscious. Blood flowing from his mouth and into the dirt.

“DUSK! WHAT THE HAY DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!” Twilight screamed at the orange mare.

Another stallion, looking almost identical to the orange mare, except slightly larger, having broader shoulders and carrying a yoke around his neck, came up to the crime scene and asked, “I heard the commotion. What’s goin on here?”

“This colt here tried to get fresh with me.” the orange mare said as she turned around and lifted her nose up in the air. “Had to teach the boy a lesson.”

“The only thing he’ll be learning is what death feels like!” Twilight retorted.

“Sorry.” said the stallion with a sigh of defeat. “Couldn’t be helped with her.”

“B’sides we’re busy waitin’ for some Canterlot folk to arrive.” said the orange mare, holding her head up high.

“That- would be US.” Twilight said through gritted teeth.

“Beg yer pardon?” the orange mare leveled her head and turned to skeptically face Twilight.

“We came from Canterlot to check on the Summer Sun Celebration’s preparations, and the ‘colt,’ of whom you nearly crushed his head in with a basket of apples, was chosen by Princess Celestia herself to supervise everything, along with myself.” Twilight said flatly.

At this news, both of the orange ponies’ faces turned pale, ice cold sweat started beading down the back of their neck, and their hats casted dark shadows over their faces, hiding their pinprick sized pupils.

“This is worse than the time when you tried to pass of Big Mac as having apple blight, AJ.” he said, almost under his breath.

“Shut up, BJ.” the mare responded. “You were trying to do that too.”

Later...

“Sorry ‘bout earlier. I don’t think I’ve properly introduced myself. My name’s Applejack, and this is my twin brother BJ.” she said now smiling and vigorously shaking Dusk’s hoof.

Dusk had regained consciousness and was now standing upright, (shaking hooves) and holding a bag of ice to his head.

“Thanks,” he said in a monotone voice. “I may have a skull fracture, but at least it didn’t get ugly...”

“Trust me.” said BJ, leaning in towards Dusk. “You ain’t seen ugly yet.”

“...and I don’t think we want to.” said Twilight. “Besides, we’re here to see what you will be serving for the banquet.”

“Sure thing. Care for a sample?”

Twilight gives Dusk a glance. “Sure. Why not?” she said.

Applejack then starts clanging a really loud triangle. “SOUP’S ON, EVERYPONY!” she yelled.

The three Canterlot-ians heard what sounded like rolling thunder after Applejack said “Soup’s on, everypony!” and it was growing louder and louder.

They all turned around and screamed in fear as they saw a stampede of ponies followed by a large cloud of dust coming towards them. They were picked up and set down at a table. Their heads spun for a second before Applejack spoke up again.

“Let me introduce y’all to the Apple Family.”

“That sound great but we’re kind of in a rush...” Twilight said before she was interrupted by Applejack.

“This here is Apple Fritter. Apple Strudel, Apple Pie, Apple Cupcakes...” she went on introducing all of her family members by name and each member placed a plate of food onto the table, until they started stacking it all on top of eachother, creating a pile three heads high.

BJ picked up the introductions halfway through ending with, “... Big Macintosh, Apple Bloom AND...” Applejack and BJ stuffed a green apple in Twilight and Dusk’s mouths as they ended introductions together. “... Granny Smith.”

“Up and at ‘em Granny. We’ve got guests.” said Applejack.

Granny Smith was sleeping in her rocking chair. “Huh? What? Uh - uh - Jimbo! How come you didn’t tell me that soup’s on?” she said getting out of the chair.

“Granny, I thought we agreed never to call me that.” said BJ.

Applejack started to snicker, but when BJ started to scowl at her, she curled her lips between her teeth and, with wide eyes, shifted her eyes from side to side, still trying real hard not to smile.

“Well,” Applejack said. “I’d say that you three are all already part of the family!”

Twilight and Dusk spat out the apples they had in their mouths. Twilight gave a “Bleh” as she got the apple out of her mouth and Dusk just sat down and looked slightly annoyed after he got his apple out of his mouth.

“Ha ha ha.” Twilight laughed nervously. “Well, I can see that the food situation is handled, so we’ll be on our way now.”

“Aww.” said a small yellow filly, named Apple Bloom, with a red mane and bow. “Aren’tcha gonna stay for brunch?”

“Sorry.” she responded. “End of the world and all...”

Apple Bloom gave a pitiful look at Twilight, trying to melt her heart. Twilight looked over at Dusk and Spike. Dusk slowly shook his head with half-open eyes.

Twilight looked back at Apple Bloom, still giving her horribly cute puppy-dog eyes, her heart melted at the sight and she lamented. “Ok. We’ll stay for brunch.”

“Yay!” everyone cheered, except for Dusk, who was looking quite annoyed at his sister for falling to puppy-dog eyes when she herself used them to great effect when they were little and got him in trouble for many-a-things.