• Published 1st Jan 2017
  • 970 Views, 46 Comments

Trixieverse 9/Foreign Affairs - Applejinx



Trixieverse Book Nine: The Road Trip! Big Macintosh, Octavia and Vinyl Scratch go to tour Neighpon!

Comments ( 8 )

9389185
I've been burned so often, I usually don't read stories until they're finished. Hey, I've only got 500 or so stockpiled, it could work. I am rereading the entire verse to be sure that I can follow the subplots.

As to typos, since I joined The Proofreader's Group, I'm not quite Sheldon (from Big Bang Theory), but I admit that I am kinda fussy about it.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lyrics+boom+boom+out+go+the+lights&&view=detail&mid=AB06003C448F150D7045AB06003C448F150D7045&&FORM=VRDGAR

9389320
I usually don't typo for effect. I promise there will never be too much of that sort of thing: it's tacky in excess :duck:

9389835
It's porn. "Tacky" probably doesn't make your readers list of
"Top 10 Things I dislike in Literature" :pinkiehappy:

So, um, I have a question... how are the reader numbers so low on this? Please tell me you get a lot more visitors on your own site (that's how I first found and read these books), and that this isn't indicative of the overall audience for the final (sob!) instalment of a series that has stuck in my head probably more than any other single piece of MLP fiction?

Anyhow. I understand your not wanting to continue the saga, and your capstone was really quite beautiful, but... I do so wish to one day just idly be browsing and see Book 10 appear. In the meantime, I'll just say thank you for writing all of this, it was - is - appreciated.

9456968
The reader numbers are low because the reader numbers are low. Doesn't change anything. I don't care if there's an audience or not.

Part of the reason it stopped was poverty and me being compelled to go and put a lot more energy into my work, which has gone fairly well. I get miserable when I don't write, so it's not been great…

There's a situation that could happen where I would immediately begin Book 10. Yes, there's a whole story and outline for it. Hell, there's a concept for what would make a Book 11. So, go ahead and be cloptomistic :raritywink: but it's not because there will ever be an audience, it's because I've got stories to tell and have grown used to the Trixieverse characters.

There's a situation where I'd probably never continue these books. It's called 'Applejinx gets laid'. But as I'm over 50 and work all the time and never see anybody, I don't think THAT is going to happen, so the energy for it will most likely end up being expressed in books again… :ajbemused:

9465100
Thank you for replying! I'm sorry to hear that, and I hope you didn't take my post as some sort of criticism, it really wasn't (or, well, not of you, anyway!) - I was just genuinely astonished as to how this doesn't have more readers on this site.

I can't even remember what I was looking for, but putting a pony-related phrase in quotes into Google a year or two ago accidentally landed me on your site and in the middle of Derpy Desires. Right away, I thought, this is fucking amazing, and read the book from start to finish; then I realised it was one of a series, so I went back to the beginning and read the whole thing, from start to finish, and loved it. Getting to the end was truly emotional, I felt bereft when I realised there wasn't any more to come, even though as I said your capstone was still a really lovely way to leave things.

In my mind, this is one of the absolute key MLP fan works this community has created, and it's something I cite straight away to everyone who asks for a good M-rated saga. That's why I was so surprised at the low viewer count; I don't understand how anyone could stop reading the whole series, knowing there was more left unread ahead.

If - and I don't want this to sound like begging, I really mean if - you did ever decide to write more, even if it's just for yourself, well... you'll have an audience of at least one, OK?

So what the endgame ships? I know you probably want to move past this and go on with your life i get that. So good luck to you sir i hope you find what you are looking for.

Login or register to comment