• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 649 Views, 11 Comments

The Nightmare Chronicles - Shadow-Aura



A mare raised by wolves as she was abandoned in the everfree at birth finds her true calling as a dreamwalker. Her role is to keep the nightmares at bay but will find and Learn life changing secrets for better or worse

  • ...
2
 11
 649

Chapter 4 meeting Twilight Sparkle... I mean princess Twilight Sparke

Night was stuck on the bed Fluttershy had left her on as she waited for the yellow pony to return with this ‘friend’ she had mentioned and was getting quite annoyed with one of Fluttershy’s many animals staring at her constantly “What do you want me to hunt you down fuzzball!” she shouted at the white rabbit known as Angel who at that moment decided to hop away “Yeah you better hop I’ve hunted a lot bigger than you toothpick!”

It was at this moment in time that Fluttershy re-entered with a purple pony with wings and a horn something Night had never seen on ponies, well she was the only ‘pony’ she knew of, the new pony stared at confused by the young foal staring back at her as if she’d never seen another pony before. “Hello young pony my name is Princess Twilight Sparkle and as my close friend Fluttershy tells me you fell out of the sky and into her little cottage… She also claims you told her you was raised by wolves in the everfree is this true?” the Princess asked as Night watched her studying her like a hunter would a new prey or threat studying her as she moved it was quite chilling for Twilight to see such a young filly stare at her like that.

“Yeah what’s wrong with that Purple pony with a horn?” Night said with a defensive tone thinking that she was the only type of pony never seeing a unicorn, alicorn or earth pony before she didn’t know what they were called. “

“Um nothing…. it’s just that I’ve never heard of a pony raised by wolves before it must’ve been hard and scary.” Twilight said with a shocked reaction to the foals response to her question and seemed to want to ask more. “Can you um tell me more about yourself miss?”

“Why do you want to know your kind did kind of leave me in the forest with just this as evidence to know I was abandoned as a cub!” Night said throwing a small dragon Plushy as twilight, the one she was left with all those years ago. “That with a note was the only thing my father found me with… And he’s dead now because I messed up.”

“Oh dear, that sounds… Horrible.” Fluttershy gasped as she looked at a stunned Twilight and back to forth from the two other ponies in the room Night looking annoyed at the situation and tried to get up landing on her broken hoof toppling to the floor landing on her face. In an instant Fluttershy being the kind pony, she is got to her aid helping the foal up and setting her back on the bed to Night’s dismay of course.

Since then Twilight continued to Question Night about her life and as she was grounded by her hoof and wing she couldn’t escape so she made it fun explaining in detail of when she went hunting making a certain yellow pegasus sad and squeamish with the purple alicorn looking on in shock and horror at the thought of a young foal tearing a bunnies neck off with her teeth and tearing it’s flesh raw from the bone. It was brutal, unponylike and cause for concern but it was just like flying nature and that disturbed the princess as she never heard anything like this in all the history the of Equestria never once has a pony eat meat and even then described the killing as ‘best hunt she had yet’ as if there was more to come. Fluttershy would need better fences just to keep her animals safe.

“Ok miss Night… I’ve got to go tend to my library and for Fluttershy’s sake I think it'll be best if you stay with me.” Twilight said helping Night to her feet and supporting her with her magic.

“Gah careful with me you purple barbarian.” Night exclaimed as she was moved her wing and hoof stinging like a thousand wasps hitting at once on each of the injured limbs as she felt the pressure on them building up.

“If you didn’t resist my help as much it wouldn’t hurt as much as your pushing against the magic…” Twilight said with a sigh picking her off the ground and placing the filly on her back “Just don’t wriggle and you’ll be ok!”

“Just don’t drop me, Princess!” Night said with a grumble hating the princess’s guts for dare trying to hold her prisoner against her own will if she broke a foot she’d usually walk until it healed by itself not get someone to carry her like some selfish pup she knew.

“Don’t worry Night I shall not…” Twilight said carrying the foal out of the cottage waving goodbye to Fluttershy as she began to trek into ponyville. The walk was silent most of the way Night refusing to talk to the Princess of friendship when she tried to engage in conversation with the foal to find out anything at all about her except from her name and the wolf raising thing. Night on the other hoof didn’t play ball and either stayed silent or say some rude remark.

When the two got to the golden oaks library which was a confusing thing for Night. Like seriously how can a tree be a home, tree, and library all in one that would confuse anyone with a logical brain because if the tree grew your house would be ruined. The thought was weird, illogical and strange but this ‘pony princess’ seemed to like it.

“So welcome to the golden oaks library the home of the second most varied but most organised book collection in Equestria…. At least I hope it is.” Twilight said with an awkward look on her face as Night was just staring around awkwardly as she studied the room “I guess you’ve um never read a book huh.”

“Nope I’m guessing these pieces of paper bound in a good hide is a ‘book’ as you called it… seems like a waste of paper in my opinion.” Night said with a simple shrug as she spotted spike getting into a defensive stance “You allow a dragon in here? ARE YOU STUPID!”

“Whoa calm down Night dear it’s ok to spike’s my friend,” Twilight said as she tried to calm night due to her putting strain on her leg.

“I’ll just go organize upstairs,” Spike said apprehensively a little worried by the foals sudden fear of him. Fear was more like anger as Night watched him staring daggers at him as he left the room making his scales chill as if her stare was actually chilling.

“If you are going to stay here you need to tell me why you just flipped out like that.” Twilight asked genuine worry appearing in her tone as Night shook her head as if refusing to speak. The filly stood up slightly faltering on her bad leg but it seemed by some way or another to be healing faster a lot faster than a normal pony. Her eye’s was closed. This intrigued Twilight but if she wasn’t worried about her dislike of Spike she would probably have been inquiring it, by inquiring I mean studying it writing seventy seven essays on the subject and then study some more.

Then Night spoke opening her eyes that went white all white over “Let us go then!” she shouted as if she was being attacked. Then the white faded and she came to her senses running out of the library and toward the nearby smoky mountain somehow taking flight again flying up to a cave and hiding inside. “What was that… What am I?” she said breathing heavily as if in a panicked state… Then she passed out.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment