• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 645 Views, 11 Comments

The Nightmare Chronicles - Shadow-Aura



A mare raised by wolves as she was abandoned in the everfree at birth finds her true calling as a dreamwalker. Her role is to keep the nightmares at bay but will find and Learn life changing secrets for better or worse

  • ...
2
 11
 645

chapter 3 Welcome to ponyville

Night continued to fly in the eastern direction her father's brutal death still vividly implanted into her mind but she knew if she landed Alpha and his pack would be tracking her she had to get to the pony town her father told her to flee to. She was alone, scared and cold as the winter winds litter her lonely heart and she kept wandering ‘was it love or fear of the cold that led us through the night?’ but soon in the darkness ahead she saw a light of some strange tree looking structure made of weird colour rocks and decided that must be what her father was on about and flew straight for it as fast as her weak little wings could take her.

Well, that was the plan at least as the young filly flew to just the outskirts of the forest before falling into a tree and landing with a thud outside a cottage.

“What was that?” A shy yellow pegasus mare asked herself dropping the food she was pouring out for her many pets causing one white bunny to pout and stomp his foot angrily at whatever made his pony servant drop his food. “Oh, I’m sorry angel I'll get you a fresh carrot after I check out what caused that noise outside.”

Fluttershy began to head to her door when outside the window she saw a black foal crumpled up on a patch of grass just outside the everfree forest. “Oh no!” she said dashing out with a first aid kit just in case the poor darling had any injuries that could be bandaged or plastered.

Night woke up a few minutes after her ‘landing’ lay down on a couch being surrounded by animals and strangely a yellow pegasus pony who was wrapping something around her leg “What…. What are you doing?” she asked her voice weak and groggy her vision slightly blurred with concussion and she had a thumping headache like someone was playing heavy metal in her brain “Where am I?”

“It’s ok little filly you had a nasty fall and luckily I found you as you have a bad leg that needed bandages!” Fluttershy explained as she continued to wrap the bandage around night’s leg “My name is Fluttershy if you wanted to know dear!”

“I… My name is….. My name is Night!” Night said as she tried to stand up but was held down by a gentle hoof of Fluttershy as she sat by the injured foal tending to her wounds with due care.

“Please stay still dear at least until I'm done otherwise it will not heal correctly and may leave a nasty scar!” Fluttershy said as she carried on her bandaging and making sure Night would be ok “I promise I'll be gentle ok!”

“Why are you… Helping me!” Night said with a sudden wolf like growl of pain as she felt the bandage tighten around her leg as Fluttershy tied it shocked by the growl.

“Little filly did you just… um, growl like a wolf!” Fluttershy asked as she was a little startled by the growl as the next sane pony would be as it wasn’t normal, well by her standards at least.

“Yeah, why you asking?” Night said as she felt it was the normal thing to do being raised by said canine group.

“Because I um… never heard of a wolf growling filly before!” Fluttershy said trying to stay kind yet try to find out why this adorable young precious filly was acting like a natural hunter. “Why do you do it?”

“I was found by my pack in that forest and they killed the one who raised me!” Night said with a sniffle as she was remembering the image of Link's death “And I flew away as he died!”

“Oh, I am sorry... For your loss Night dear I’m gonna go get my friend and see if she can come and help you dear to get settled in ponyville somewhere it’s ok she’s a princess so she’ll help you I'm sure!” Fluttershy said as she told her animals to keep an eye on Night as she was about to leave to find Twilight “Welcome to ponyville little Night!”

Author's Note:

finally back to writing so hope you enjoy the chapter